Republicans | What are they good for?

Mr. Perfect

Re: Republicans | What are they good for?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I heard Donald Trump is Hitler.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:
Michele Bachmann warns Obama will take over the United Nations — and then reveal he’s the Antichrist
x899fR1WnII
I stopped reading at the President taking over the UN.

It's the dream job for him. He'll have no important decisions to make, but he'll never go away. :)
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I heard Donald Trump is Hitler.
I generally dislike anyone who calls people out of their name, especially calling people Hitler. It shows bigotry and a deep lack of class.

But I still can't help smiling when somebody calls Hillary 'Clitler'.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
kmich

Post by kmich »

The Republican Crackup - Thomas B. Edsall

"The furious fighting in the ranks of Republican opponents of Donald Trump — combat that is growing ever more heated and rhetorically violent — has forced open to public view long-festering wounds in the conservative coalition..."
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:The Republican Crackup - Thomas B. Edsall

"The furious fighting in the ranks of Republican opponents of Donald Trump — combat that is growing ever more heated and rhetorically violent — has forced open to public view long-festering wounds in the conservative coalition..."
Contrast and compare:

David Brooks, New York Times: "We expected Trump to fizzle because we were not socially intermingled with his supporters."
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... trump.html

There have been many articles about the Republican Party in crisis—

I don’t think it’s in crisis. It’s in a period of change. It wasn’t in crisis when Reagan ran. The old-timers had as big a problem with Reagan as they are having with Trump. It is the nature of the old order to be scared by something they don’t control and don’t understand.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
I generally dislike anyone who calls people out of their name, especially calling people Hitler. It shows bigotry and a deep lack of class.

:lol: You are such a pig! I think that why I admire you so much! ;)

definitely not racist, but maybe the other one? :P
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

:lol: Your witticisms saved that silly post from deletion.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

AxkSBoEHdAU
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Change.org Petition | Allow Open Carry of Firearms at the Quicken Loans Arena during the RNC Convention in July.
RECOGNIZE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY FIREARMS AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION AT THE QUICKEN LOANS ARENA IN JULY 2016
I am shocked, shocked that this issue would even require a petition.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

3nFnggBHFUo

Interesting.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

YMix wrote:.

3nFnggBHFUo

Interesting.

Excellent, he is right

thanx

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

3nFnggBHFUo

Interesting.

Excellent, he is right

thanx

Wilkerson is not right at all. I saw a bumpersticker today that said "Bernie Sanders, because f*ck all this sh*t". People are awakening to the fact that the party bosses choose candidates, and the primaries are not part of democracy.

There is a reason for the overlap between Trump and Sanders supporters even though they are polar opposites ideologically. People are figuring out they have been manipulated and they are angry.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Republicans & Democrats What are they good for?

Post by monster_gardener »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:

3nFnggBHFUo

Interesting.

Excellent, he is right

thanx

Wilkerson is not right at all. I saw a bumpersticker today that said "Bernie Sanders, because f*ck all this sh*t". People are awakening to the fact that the party bosses choose candidates, and the primaries are not part of democracy.

There is a reason for the overlap between Trump and Sanders supporters even though they are polar opposites ideologically. People are figuring out they have been manipulated and they are angry.
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Nonc Hilaire.
Bingo!..............

Seconded........

Screwed by the elites/donor classes of both parties........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:.

People are figuring out they have been manipulated and they are angry.

:lol: :lol: , don't you say ! ! ! !

Joe finally realizing he fed Lies since long long time ? ? ?

Remembering James Baker on TV, asked what war against Iraq was all about, said JOBS .. :lol:

Yes, NH, Joe was lied for long long time.

Who's fault is it ? ?

Joe himself at fault.

Joe still lied to .. are Mexican strawberry pickers or Muslims reason America in this situation ? ?

Joe had "Outsourced" his head to Big Boys .. swallowing the lies.

Joe should be more hands on, know what is happening .. in days of internet all info @ fingertip.

noddy

Post by noddy »

if they had the time and energy to become experts on the world economy and culture they wouldnt be joe.

joe works most of his waking hours and barely has time for family and recovery outside that.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

if they had the time and energy to become experts on the world economy and culture they wouldn't be joe.

joe works most of his waking hours and barely has time for family and recovery outside that.

American Joe intentionally kept uninformed .. intentionally

Paris Taxi drivers know more from world affaires than American Congress woman .. most American congressman have no passport as they have never been out of country (but deciding wold affaires) .. most graduating high-school can not do simple math.

Notion Joe too busy meeting ends, no time to know what is happening around him, excuse.

YMix

Re: Republicans & Democrats What are they good for?

Post by YMix »

monster_gardener wrote:Bingo!..............

Seconded........

Screwed by the elites/donor classes of both parties........
It was disturbing enough when Senator Ted Cruz announced that Neil Bush, brother of Jeb and George W., would be a Finance Chairman of his campaign.

Neil defrauded U.S. taxpayers out of $1.5 billion dollars in a savings and loan scam. Now however, Cruz has announced a key appointment that should disturb voters even more.

Cruz named Former Texas Senator Phil Gramm as his economic guru. This guy virtually crashed the U.S. economy. Gramm is largely responsible for two bills which led to the speculative bubble which popped in September 2008. First was his Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill that repealed Glass Steagall, which separated investment banking from commercial banking. Its repeal — which was signed into law by President Clinton, with the backing of Robert Rubin and Larry Summers — opened the door for a flood of money, from commercial banks, to flow into mortgage-backed securities and other funny-money schemes, which blew up in 2008.

The second bill was the Commodity Futures Modernization Act (CFMA), which totally freed derivative trading from any regulatory oversight. This was another Phil Gramm bill, and was central to the bubble creation from 2000 to 2008, and then again today.
Gramm played a key role in legislation that expanded the influence of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission over the objections and at the expense of the Securities and Exchange Commission when his wife, Wendy Lee Gramm, was the CFTC chair, a position she held from 1988 to 1993. Toward the end of her tenure, the agency exempted Enron's energy-swap derivatives from regulation. According to the watchdog group Public Citizen, her husband was one of the leading recipients of Enron campaign contributions in Congress, having collected nearly $100,000 since 1989. Five weeks after leaving the CFTC, Public Citizen reported, she joined the board of Enron, which paid her between $915,000 and $1.85 million in compensation from 1993 to 2001, when the company collapsed.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: American Joe intentionally kept uninformed .. intentionally

Paris Taxi drivers know more from world affaires than American Congress woman .. most American congressman have no passport as they have never been out of country (but deciding wold affaires) .. most graduating high-school can not do simple math.

Notion Joe too busy meeting ends, no time to know what is happening around him, excuse.

For most Americans, whiteblackbrownpurple, nobody exists outside United States, except as amusement parks.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Breitbart is hitting the donor class hard. I expect it to speak of class war any minute. :)

Also, here's a little gem:
Dating back to his time as a Capitol Hill staffer in the mid-90s, Ryan was in part responsible for derailing the immigration curbs championed by Civil Rights leader and late-Democratic Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. “Ryan is part of the group that created the massive immigration problem facing the nation today,” Beck said, noting that today, “As a direct result of Paul Ryan and [his then-boss] Sam Brownback, there are an additional 10 million immigrants in the country [than we otherwise would have].”
Brownback of the vanishing Kansas budget? Oh, my!
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:Breitbart is hitting the donor class hard. I expect it to speak of class war any minute. :)

Also, here's a little gem:
Dating back to his time as a Capitol Hill staffer in the mid-90s, Ryan was in part responsible for derailing the immigration curbs championed by Civil Rights leader and late-Democratic Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. “Ryan is part of the group that created the massive immigration problem facing the nation today,” Beck said, noting that today, “As a direct result of Paul Ryan and [his then-boss] Sam Brownback, there are an additional 10 million immigrants in the country [than we otherwise would have].”
Brownback of the vanishing Kansas budget? Oh, my!
Good find Ymix. Not so much class war but war against an DC establish that has sold out This is why both Trump and Sanders have gotten as far as they have.

Here are some graphics I made to illustrate the point

The history:

Then after Hillary gets elected (Assuming she is not indicted first)

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wilkerson is not right at all. I saw a bumpersticker today that said "Bernie Sanders, because f*ck all this sh*t". People are awakening to the fact that the party bosses choose candidates, and the primaries are not part of democracy.

Hillary Clinton is going to be President. This is a business as usual election.
YMix

Post by YMix »

US Congressman Questioned Over $1,302 Steam Video Game Charges

Representative Duncan Hunter has been known to defend video games and vape in the House of Representatives. And now, he may also become known for using campaign funds to purchase over $1,000 worth of games on Steam.

The Federal Election Commission is questioning Hunter about the 68 different charges. The congressman says they happened because of a mistake made by his son (via San Diego Union-Tribune). Hunter registered the $1,302 in charges on his 2015 campaign finance disclosure as "personal expense--to be paid back."

The expenses started on October 13 and ran to December 16, but no money was paid back during the report's time period.

[...]
That's a lot of games.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Dennis Hastert 'paid hush money to cover up sex abuse'

Prosecutors are seeking a six-month jail sentence for disgraced former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who is alleged to have paid hush money to cover up sex abuse.

Court documents say Hastert agreed to pay $3.5m (£2.5m) to a person he sexually abused when the victim was aged 14 and Hastert was working as a teacher and wrestling coach.

Prosecutors allege he abused five boys.

The 74-year-old has admitted lying and breaking financial laws.

The plea represents a dramatic fall for the former senior Republican politician, who has had his portrait removed from the House of Representatives in the US Congress.

The alleged abuse happened while Hastert was working in Yorkville, a suburb of Chicago, between 1965 and 1981. Three of the victims were wrestlers on a team he coached.

He cannot be charged with sexual abuse as the statute of limitations has expired in the cases.

[...]
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Any time I read or hear the phrase "upstanding member of the community",

nowadays the first thought that reflexively crosses my mind is

"up whom, of the community, was and/or is his member standing"

that it should not be.
Nonc Hilaire

GOP delegate replaced because he supported Trump

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mad over the blatant corruption the man burns his membership and goes independent. Now seeking a third party.

1VVkAlAF7hc

Teresa of Ávila