Republicans | What are they good for?

Typhoon

Re: GOP delegate replaced because he supported Trump

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Mad over the blatant corruption the man burns his membership and goes independent. Now seeking a third party.

1VVkAlAF7hc
Back in the USSA, boys.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Republicans | What are they good for?

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
Dennis Hastert 'paid hush money to cover up sex abuse'

Prosecutors are seeking a six-month jail sentence for disgraced former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who is alleged to have paid hush money to cover up sex abuse.

Court documents say Hastert agreed to pay $3.5m (£2.5m) to a person he sexually abused when the victim was aged 14 and Hastert was working as a teacher and wrestling coach.

Prosecutors allege he abused five boys.

The 74-year-old has admitted lying and breaking financial laws.

The plea represents a dramatic fall for the former senior Republican politician, who has had his portrait removed from the House of Representatives in the US Congress.

The alleged abuse happened while Hastert was working in Yorkville, a suburb of Chicago, between 1965 and 1981. Three of the victims were wrestlers on a team he coached.

He cannot be charged with sexual abuse as the statute of limitations has expired in the cases.

[...]
More Republican Politicians Than Trans People Have Been Arrested For Sex Acts In Bathrooms

Hmmmm.

GOP = Gay Old Pansies
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

You can't make this stuff up.
During the resulting interview with the arresting officer, Craig insisted upon his innocence, disputing the officer's version of the event by stating that he merely had a "wide stance" (Craig states that he said he was a "wide guy",[44]) and that he had been picking up a piece of paper from the floor.[43]
Since the time of his arrest, Allen maintained his innocence, stating that he believed the undercover police officer was trying to rob him, and that he only offered to perform oral sex because he felt intimidated by the muscular police officer.[4][5]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

G arden
O f
P ederasty
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
YMix wrote:

Prosecutors are seeking a six-month jail sentence for disgraced former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who is alleged to have paid hush money to cover up sex abuse.

Court documents say Hastert agreed to pay $3.5m (£2.5m) to a person he sexually abused when the victim was aged 14 and Hastert was working as a teacher and wrestling coach.

The plea represents a dramatic fall for the former senior Republican politician, who has had his portrait removed from the House of Representatives in the US Congress.

The alleged abuse happened while Hastert was working in Yorkville, a suburb of Chicago, between 1965 and 1981. Three of the victims were wrestlers on a team he coached.

He cannot be charged with sexual abuse as the statute of limitations has expired in the cases.

[...]
More Republican Politicians Than Trans People Have Been Arrested For Sex Acts In Bathrooms

Hmmmm.

GOP = Gay Old Pansies
they're just trying not to be so square and old fashioned...... celibate diversity! :P
YMix

Post by YMix »

When [Gov. Dr. Robert J.] Bentley was first elected in 2010, he was a popular, soft-spoken dermatologist, a devout Baptist deacon, a father of four and grandfather of eight, and married for a half-century. He said he wouldn’t take his $120,000-a-year salary until the state reached full employment, and he hasn’t.

One year into his second term, he is divorced, estranged from his family, expelled from his church, ostracized by his party, pilloried by the public and at the center of an alleged sex and abuse-of-power scandal that may drive him from office.
Quite remarkable.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm.

GOP = Gay Old Pansies
Have you ever looked at your avatar.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
When [Gov. Dr. Robert J.] Bentley was first elected in 2010, he was a popular, soft-spoken dermatologist, a devout Baptist deacon, a father of four and grandfather of eight, and married for a half-century. He said he wouldn’t take his $120,000-a-year salary until the state reached full employment, and he hasn’t.

One year into his second term, he is divorced, estranged from his family, expelled from his church, ostracized by his party, pilloried by the public and at the center of an alleged sex and abuse-of-power scandal that may drive him from office.
Quite remarkable.
power corrupts?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Simple Minded wrote:power corrupts?
I prefer Robert Caro's idea that power may or may not corrupt, but it certainly illuminates what's already inside people.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
I prefer Robert Caro's idea that power may or may not corrupt, but it certainly illuminates what's already inside people.
Agreed. Capabilities inspire one to use them. Much easier to be a virtuous victim, than powerful and benign.

thankfully, most of us are relatively powerless.... ;)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Yep. :)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm.

GOP = Gay Old Pansies
Really? How is it gay?

Rorschach projection. :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
YMix wrote:
Agreed. Capabilities inspire one to use them. Much easier to be a virtuous victim, than powerful and benign.

thankfully, most of us are relatively powerless.... ;)
Indeed.

Seconded.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

J2KtUjettzs

:lol: :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm.

GOP = Gay Old Pansies
Really? How is it gay?

Combining children and animal sexuality is creepier than anything I've heard from a GOP Senator in a bathroom.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Donald Trump won Louisiana's Republican presidential primary. Former Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal recently purchased a house for $817,500.

As it turns out, these two facts are closely related.

The media has finally figured out what Trump's supporters have known all along: They are very angry. A significant plurality of Republicans are voting for him because they despise the "establishment" – all of the politicians who have promised them much and delivered little. A vote for Trump, they say, is a vote with the middle finger.

Jindal is the poster boy for these broken promises and shameless lies. During his embarrassingly weak presidential campaign, he boasted about what a great job he had done as governor of Louisiana. But just the opposite is true. Jindal completely decimated Louisiana's economy. And now he gets to just walk away from the disaster he left behind with impunity and buy a really nice house.

[...]

By contrast, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune reported on July 29, 2015, that Jindal had "26 investment accounts and at least two bank accounts worth somewhere between $3.9 million and $11.3 million." But where – how – did a man who earned relatively modest salaries in public service for the past 20 years obtain all of this money? Somehow, while Jindal was ruthlessly trashing Louisiana's economy, he and his family were making out like bandits.

And now you have a clue why 41.4 percent of Louisiana's Republicans recently voted for Trump. This is also and why more than half of them disapproved of Jindal by the end of his second term and why such a deep red state voted overwhelmingly for a Democrat, John Bel Edwards, to replace Jindal. Voters are enraged that their very own governor would try to advance himself, his political career, and his net worth at their expense.

[...]
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... indal.html
Doc

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

GOP establishment turns tables on tea party in Indiana

BROWNSBURG, Ind. — Establishment Republicans are poised to rout the tea party in their biggest Senate showdown of 2016, a dramatic turn of the tables from both recent Senate history and this year’s unpredictable presidential race.

Just four years ago in Indiana, a shocking 20-point primary loss by six-term GOP Sen. Richard Lugar demonstrated just how far establishment control of the GOP had slipped. But this year, Rep. Todd Young has opened a lead in the state’s Republican Senate primary behind a tsunami of establishment money and support — and the tea-party energy that took down Lugar has failed to materialize, despite the anti-establishment vigor of the presidential race.

GOP Rep. Marlin Stutzman, Young’s opponent, has won support from some of the same groups that backed Lugar challenger Richard Mourdock in Indiana in 2012. But neither the money nor the outrage that drove past tea-party campaigns has been there for Stutzman. Young and his supporters have outspent Stutzman 9-to-1 on TV. Senate Leadership Fund — a new super PAC run by allies of Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — has even attacked Stutzman, a first for a PAC in the Crossroads outside-group network, which has typically aired only positive ads in Republican Senate primaries.

[...]
Tsk, tsk.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote:
GOP establishment turns tables on tea party in Indiana

BROWNSBURG, Ind. — Establishment Republicans are poised to rout the tea party in their biggest Senate showdown of 2016, a dramatic turn of the tables from both recent Senate history and this year’s unpredictable presidential race.

Just four years ago in Indiana, a shocking 20-point primary loss by six-term GOP Sen. Richard Lugar demonstrated just how far establishment control of the GOP had slipped. But this year, Rep. Todd Young has opened a lead in the state’s Republican Senate primary behind a tsunami of establishment money and support — and the tea-party energy that took down Lugar has failed to materialize, despite the anti-establishment vigor of the presidential race.

GOP Rep. Marlin Stutzman, Young’s opponent, has won support from some of the same groups that backed Lugar challenger Richard Mourdock in Indiana in 2012. But neither the money nor the outrage that drove past tea-party campaigns has been there for Stutzman. Young and his supporters have outspent Stutzman 9-to-1 on TV. Senate Leadership Fund — a new super PAC run by allies of Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — has even attacked Stutzman, a first for a PAC in the Crossroads outside-group network, which has typically aired only positive ads in Republican Senate primaries.

[...]
Tsk, tsk.
No Koch money = no Tea Party.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's what they said in 1994. :)

Among others.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm.

GOP = Gay Old Pansies
Really? How is it gay?

Combining children and animal sexuality is creepier than anything I've heard from a GOP Senator in a bathroom.

That is just projection on your part.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's a picture you chose for your avatar.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's a picture you chose for your avatar.
As an attempt at misdirection it is rather a poor effort.

The avatar is from a nationally televised commercial.

The tanuki [raccoon dog] with the big balls is a part of ancient folklore.

No kiddies were diddled the making of the commercial.

I am not responsible for your perverse interpretations and thoughts.
Your issues and problems, not mine.

On the other hand, switching from benign amusing fiction to horrific malevolent reality,
13083090_1031170893636295_7146602112415560571_n.jpg
13083090_1031170893636295_7146602112415560571_n.jpg (61.57 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
As I've noted before, it is the upstanding members of society, so-called, that doth protest the loudest that are the ones societies should watch out for and be wary of as they are the ones with hidden issues regarding their own true nature.

Roy Cohn syndrome.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: As an attempt at misdirection it is rather a poor effort.
Not really. It's always interesting when we point fingers, how many point right back at us.
The avatar is from a nationally televised commercial.
What an indictment of that country.
The tanuki [raccoon dog] with the big balls is a part of ancient folklore.
I'm very sorry to hear that.
No kiddies were diddled the making of the commercial.

I am not responsible for your perverse interpretations and thoughts.
Your issues and problems, not mine.
What interpretations are you supposed to have when you put animal sexuality and a child into a picture.
On the other hand, switching from benign amusing fiction to horrific malevolent reality,

As I've noted before, it is the upstanding members of society, so-called, that doth protest the loudest that are the ones societies should watch out for and be wary of as they are the ones with hidden issues regarding their own true nature.

Roy Cohn syndrome.
TBH in America mixing animal sexuality and children in an entertainment product is almost on par with Hastert. Any company doing that here would be bankrupt overnight. For a while longer anyway.