U.S. Internal Policy + Surveillance Society

Doc

Re: U.S. Internal Policy + Surveillance Society

Post by Doc »

Laptops are bombs with unknown length timers to begin with dur to the lithium batteries. Which have already caused at least one commercial airline crash that I can think of.

Example:

rcrUnKF2ZHQ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I can't speak for other people, but I don't hammer my laptop batteries to get the lithium to react and burn [not explode, btw].

Placing the laptops in cargo holds of aircraft is a solution?

Security theatre exponentiated.

Absurdistan.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:I can't speak for other people, but I don't hammer my laptop batteries to get the lithium to react and burn [not explode, btw].

Placing the laptops in cargo holds of aircraft is a solution?

Security theatre exponentiated.

Absurdistan.

My point is that lithium batteries should be banned from all plane flights, There have been onboard *laptop* fires already Water doesn't put them out.

mlZggVrF9VI
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

How many flights per year are there?

10 million flights per year in the U.S. alone

It is important to know that according to a new report by The International Air Transport Association (IATA), it is safer than ever to travel on planes. There are more and more flights per year. Keep in mind that there are 10 million flights per year in the U.S. alone. This is definitely something. Needless to say, around 100,000 flights landed safely at their destination every day in 2012. Keep in mind that during one year, close to 3 billion people flew safely on 37.5 million flights.
nearly every modern device comes with rechargable lithium chemistry batteries, and yet flights are safer than they have ever been.

maybe we need 2 classes of airtravel, a nude one with no luggage and full body cavity inspections and a regular one for folks who are prepared to take these less than 1 in a million risks.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
How many flights per year are there?

10 million flights per year in the U.S. alone

It is important to know that according to a new report by The International Air Transport Association (IATA), it is safer than ever to travel on planes. There are more and more flights per year. Keep in mind that there are 10 million flights per year in the U.S. alone. This is definitely something. Needless to say, around 100,000 flights landed safely at their destination every day in 2012. Keep in mind that during one year, close to 3 billion people flew safely on 37.5 million flights.
nearly every modern device comes with rechargable lithium chemistry batteries, and yet flights are safer than they have ever been.

maybe we need 2 classes of air travel, a nude one with no luggage and full body cavity inspections and a regular one for folks who are prepared to take these less than 1 in a million risks.
Quite.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

http://www.voanews.com/a/intel-europe-l ... 54012.html
The original ban on mostly Middle Eastern flights, which Britain also partially adopted and is being considered by Australia, focused on certain countries because their equipment to screen carry-on bags is not as effective as machines in the U.S., analysts say.

Officials from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security met last week with high-ranking executives of the three leading U.S. airlines — American, Delta and United — and the industry's leading U.S. trade group to discuss expanding the laptop policy to flights arriving from Europe.

The airlines still hope to have a say in how the policy is put into effect at airports to minimize inconvenience to passengers. The initial ban on passengers bringing large electronics devices into the cabin hit hardest at Middle Eastern airlines.

Emirates, the Middle East's largest airline, this month cited the ban on electronics as one of the reasons for an 80 percent drop in profits last year. It said the ban had a direct impact on demand for air travel into the U.S. and it faced rising costs from introducing complimentary laptop loans to some passengers.
oh dear. its not the battery paranoia, its the bomb paranoia.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

The Trump administration is pushing hard for the reauthorization of a key 2008 surveillance law — section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, known as FISA — three months before it sunsets in December.

To persuade senators to reauthorize the law in full, the Trump administration is holding classified, members-only briefings for the entire House and Senate next Wednesday, with heavy hitters in attendance: Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, NSA Director Mike Rogers, and FBI Director Christopher Wray will give the briefings, according to an internal announcement of the meetings provided to The Intercept and confirmed by multiple sources on Capitol Hill.

Section 702 serves as the legal basis for two of the NSA’s largest mass surveillance programs, both revealed by Edward Snowden. One program, PRISM, allows the government to collect messaging data sent to and from foreign targets, from major internet companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft. The other, UPSTREAM, scans internet backbone sites in the U.S. and copies communications to and from foreign targets.

[...]
https://theintercept.com/2017/09/29/tru ... lance-law/
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
The Trump administration is pushing hard for the reauthorization of a key 2008 surveillance law — section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, known as FISA — three months before it sunsets in December.

To persuade senators to reauthorize the law in full, the Trump administration is holding classified, members-only briefings for the entire House and Senate next Wednesday, with heavy hitters in attendance: Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, NSA Director Mike Rogers, and FBI Director Christopher Wray will give the briefings, according to an internal announcement of the meetings provided to The Intercept and confirmed by multiple sources on Capitol Hill.

Section 702 serves as the legal basis for two of the NSA’s largest mass surveillance programs, both revealed by Edward Snowden. One program, PRISM, allows the government to collect messaging data sent to and from foreign targets, from major internet companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft. The other, UPSTREAM, scans internet backbone sites in the U.S. and copies communications to and from foreign targets.

[...]
Meanwhile evidence is piling up that Obama massively exceeded the limits of FISA.

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/05/23/ ... -for-years
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:

[...]
Native Striners ain't puttin up with this:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/bold-eagles ... 1506701429
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016 ... veillance/
Since January, police have been testing an aerial surveillance system adapted from the surge in Iraq. And they neglected to tell the public.
boom tish.
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

bcYppAs6ZdI

We'll be here all week. Bar specials can be brought to your table and please tip your server well.....^^........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Mr. Perfect

Re: Extremism in the USA

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Not sure where to put this but Twitter is literally censoring information in favor of the Democrat Party.

IX8Y2dN_nh4
Censorship isn't necessary
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Q_rqWI6N5s8
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... 702-senate
5 Senators Are Filibustering an Attempt to Expand Warrantless Surveillance of Americans