U.S. Internal Policy + Surveillance Society

Doc

Re: U.S. Internal Policy + Surveillance Society

Post by Doc »

Tim Cook forced to choose, by a legal court order, between the privacy of murderous terrorists and Y'all chooses the privacy of terrorists

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/18/techn ... .html?_r=0
Tim Cook Opposes Order for Apple to Unlock iPhone, Setting Up Showdown

By KATIE BENNER and ERIC LICHTBLAUFEB. 17, 2016
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

Tim Cook forced to choose, by a legal court order, between the privacy of murderous terrorists and Y'all chooses the privacy of terrorists

Probably "disinformation" .. to fool Wahhabies :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:.

Probably "disinformation" .. to fool Wahhabies :lol:

Good idea, but very doubtful.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:Tim Cook forced to choose, by a legal court order, between the privacy of murderous terrorists and Y'all chooses the privacy of terrorists

Wrong. Apple produces a secure phone and the password feature cannot be overriden by Apple. The court has ordered Apple to do something which is impossible. Unlike Google's Android, Apple did not build in a back door the alphabet agencies can exploit.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:Tim Cook forced to choose, by a legal court order, between the privacy of murderous terrorists and Y'all chooses the privacy of terrorists

Wrong.

Apple produces a secure phone and the password feature cannot be overriden by Apple. The court has ordered Apple to do something which is impossible.

Unlike Google's Android, Apple did not build in a back door the alphabet agencies can exploit.

Makes sense

Tim Cook "can not" not follow court orders, NSA/FBI

He could only say, technically we can not do this, we have not built in a "Back Door".

But, this would be a lie

Zero doubt, all these tech companies in bed with "authorities" .. NSA probably sits in Apple's board and engineering team.

All this just to fool Joe. Joe naive thinkin it ain't so .. Wahhabi know al this and use "pigeon" to communicate :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Wrong. Apple produces a secure phone and the password feature cannot be overriden by Apple. The court has ordered Apple to do something which is impossible. Unlike Google's Android, Apple did not build in a back door the alphabet agencies can exploit.
So Apple is technically an accessory before the fact to a terrorist attack.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30 ... kdoor.html
White House says FBI isn't asking Apple for an iPhone back door

By John Ribeiro Follow

IDG News Service | Feb 17, 2016 9:07 PM PT

The White House said it is not the aim of the government to compromise the security of Apple's iPhone, as it only wants the company to help in the case of one phone that was used by a terrorist in the San Bernardino, California attack on Dec. 2.
Apple sells a lot of Iphone to China. I don't believe for a fraction of a second that they have destroyed the passwords(security keys) for Iphones sold in China. Tim Cook in all certainty does not want to lost that business. AS he doesn't want to lose business in the west because people think the government is spying on their iphones IE This is all about money.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:

By John Ribeiro Follow

The White House said it is not the aim of the government to compromise the security of Apple's iPhone, as it only wants the company to help in the case of one phone that was used by a terrorist in the San Bernardino, California attack on Dec. 2.
Apple sells a lot of Iphone to China. I don't believe for a fraction of a second that they have destroyed the passwords(security keys) for Iphones sold in China. Tim Cook in all certainty does not want to lost that business. AS he doesn't want to lose business in the west because people think the government is spying on their iphones IE This is all about money.

Money could be the "effect" of this but not the "reason".

If, Apple and other phone manufacturers opnely admit there have built a "back door" in the Phone, so that "authorities" can see all what is in the phone of a private person .. if so .. next day, ANY authority would want the key for that back door .. Iranian mad mullahs, Chinese, MI6, MI5, Mossad, BND, Thai custom officials, Philippine and and, pretty much everybody would want the key.

Real stupid by FBI/NSA or any American authority pushing for the "back door", the damage it would inflict is million times more than the benefit.

And

If Apple admits there is a "Back Door" , than it would imply that all "American software and hardware" manufacturer have built in "back doors" in their product .. that would kill American Tech industry, Cisco, Qualicom and and , Industrial espionage comes to mind and many other stuff.

Real stupid.

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

The objections to Apple's sensible position here make no sense. Back doors render all other security provisions completely useless. Why on earth should governments be granted the right to prohibit manufacturers from facilitating secure private communications? More puzzling still is how anyone can argue for freedom to own weapons but not the freedom to design and own secure communications devices. Snowden's role exposing all this makes him look positively heroic today.

What the government is demanding in this case is even more ludicrous. They don't want keys to the back door because the back door doesn't exist. They want to compel Apple to write custom version of their firmware to facilitate breaking into the phone. Forcing companies to develop solutions to the FBI's hacking problems is equivalent to impressing the local locksmith into service to pick a suspect's lock. Completely absurd.

Where are the righteous defenders of liberty on this matter? Too busy defecating on federal property, it would appear.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Re: the Apple of the FB Eye:

the sooner we get the neo-cons out of DC the better. It's time to BERN don da house!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:The objections to Apple's sensible position here make no sense. Back doors render all other security provisions completely useless. Why on earth should governments be granted the right to prohibit manufacturers from facilitating secure private communications? More puzzling still is how anyone can argue for freedom to own weapons but not the freedom to design and own secure communications devices. Snowden's role exposing all this makes him look positively heroic today.

What the government is demanding in this case is even more ludicrous. They don't want keys to the back door because the back door doesn't exist. They want to compel Apple to write custom version of their firmware to facilitate breaking into the phone. Forcing companies to develop solutions to the FBI's hacking problems is equivalent to impressing the local locksmith into service to pick a suspect's lock. Completely absurd.

Where are the righteous defenders of liberty on this matter? Too busy defecating on federal property, it would appear.
First it is not a back door. Secondly it has already been done by Apple. The FBI wanted Apple to do what it has done 70 times already:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2536178
Apple unlocked at least 70 iPhones before refusing to hack into terrorist’s device
BY Meg Wagner
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 3:32 PM
Tim Cook is now Cliven Bundy
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:

By John Ribeiro Follow

Money could be the "effect" of this but not the "reason".

If, Apple and other phone manufacturers opnely admit there have built a "back door" in the Phone, so that "authorities" can see all what is in the phone of a private person .. if so .. next day, ANY authority would want the key for that back door .. Iranian mad mullahs, Chinese, MI6, MI5, Mossad, BND, Thai custom officials, Philippine and and, pretty much everybody would want the key.

Real stupid by FBI/NSA or any American authority pushing for the "back door", the damage it would inflict is million times more than the benefit.

And

If Apple admits there is a "Back Door" , than it would imply that all "American software and hardware" manufacturer have built in "back doors" in their product .. that would kill American Tech industry, Cisco, Qualicom and and , Industrial espionage comes to mind and many other stuff.

Real stupid.

Money is the reason. Zuckerberg spys massively on not only the people signed up for facebook but on the people those people know that talking/gossiping about them and paste the photographs of. f*ckerberg nor Tim Cook nor thier ILK give a damn about privacy as long as they get rich from holding all that personal data for profit.

WHERE IS THE PROFIT FROM CONVICTING AND/OR STOPPING TERRORISTS ?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

So it appears the FBI attempted to lie, and got caught -- and this may have animated Apple's reaction to their "request." You see, (at least) the (iCloud) password on the iPhone from the California shooters was reset after the shooters died . . .
Interesting and detailed technical analysis. Not political posturing.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3400402
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Apple has not done it 70 times. And they are under no obligation to continue complying just because they've done it before. Who was it here that said universal health care is EVIL because it compels doctors to donate their labor against their will? Hmmm?

And as for Zuckerberg, he is a capitalist hero. What he does can neither be spying nor evil because only the government can do those things. Therefore he is, by definition, a Christ-like figure. If you don't want Facebook tracking you, then here's a solution: DON'T USE IT.
Heracleum Persicum

Zack Morris wrote:.

If you don't want Facebook tracking you, then here's a solution : DON'T USE IT.

Am not sure FaceBook is good for what ?

Google you need, but FaceBook ?

I neither use FaceBook nor twitter .. never have

YMix

Post by YMix »

Zack Morris wrote:If you don't want Facebook tracking you, then here's a solution: DON'T USE IT.
https://www.google.ro/search?q=facebook ... ywPwxaywAg
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

doc is pretty desperate for total surveillance, he is always begging for it.

i think this apple stuff is a stunt myself - the vendors operating system on the phone is only part of the security implications of a cloud connected device.

how many people are aware that all the modern intel cpu's actually come with a mini computer that has its own internet connected operating system inside them ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Act ... Technology -

apple sources alot of its chips from third party factories, so any of the radio subsystems may or may not have backdoor code that apple itself is unaware of.

apple also backs up lots of user informtion on the cloud in standard server farms that have government access and it also particpates in the telco systems which record and collate as per government mandate.

if it smells like advertising, it probably is.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:doc is pretty desperate for total surveillance, he is always begging for it.

i think this apple stuff is a stunt myself - the vendors operating system on the phone is only part of the security implications of a cloud connected device.

how many people are aware that all the modern intel cpu's actually come with a mini computer that has its own internet connected operating system inside them ?

apple sources alot of its chips from third party factories, so any of the radio subsystems may or may not have backdoor code that apple itself is unaware of.

apple also backs up lots of user informtion on the cloud in standard server farms that have government access and it also particpates in the telco systems which record and collate as per government mandate.

All these "information technology" companies, hardware & software, are supported by "authorities" .. they "part" of the "system" .. in bed with the "regime" .. everywhere .. in America, in China, in Islamic Republic, in Jewish Republic, in Russia, in France and Germany and UK.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Apple has not done it 70 times. And they are under no obligation to continue complying just because they've done it before. Who was it here that said universal health care is EVIL because it compels doctors to donate their labor against their will? Hmmm?
Apple did and Apple will be compensated for doing it again by the government.

And as for Zuckerberg, he is a capitalist hero. What he does can neither be spying nor evil because only the government can do those things. Therefore he is, by definition, a Christ-like figure. If you don't want Facebook tracking you, then here's a solution: DON'T USE IT.[/quote]

I don't However someone that does posted my picture and ID it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
So it appears the FBI attempted to lie, and got caught -- and this may have animated Apple's reaction to their "request." You see, (at least) the (iCloud) password on the iPhone from the California shooters was reset after the shooters died . . .
Interesting and detailed technical analysis. Not political posturing.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3400402
The link to article from the above article:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/san-bernardino ... d=37066070
Federal investigators only found out about the reset after it had occurred and that the county employee acted on his own, not on the orders of federal authorities, the source said.
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:doc is pretty desperate for total surveillance, he is always begging for it.
Seems like you are pretty desperate to put your own GD label on me.

My issue boils down to this:

http://content.time.com/time/nation/art ... 00,00.html
Why Didn't the FBI Fully Investigate Moussaoui?
By Michael Weisskopf Thursday, May 23, 2002

Tweet
Read Later

MARK WILSON/GETTY IMAGES

Not denying the charges: FBI Director Mueller

Email Print Share Reprints

Follow @TIME
In the hours after September 11th, FBI agents in Minneapolis shared a macabre joke. For weeks prior, they had tried to interest FBI headquarters in Washington in Zacarias Moussaoui, now known as the 20th hijacker. They had begged FBI Headquarters to give them permission to seek a search warrant of Moussaoui's computer. They were denied. In their frustration, they joked that headquarters back in Washington must be infiltrated by agents of Osama Bin Laden. Why else would their work have been thwarted?

This disturbing story is told in a 13-page, single-spaced letter written to FBI Director Robert Mueller by Colleen Rowley. The letter, portions of which TIME magazine has obtained, chronicle the efforts of Rowley, the Minneapolis Chief Division Counsel, to get the FBI interested in Moussaoui. Moussaoui was arrested in August on a visa violation after the Minnesota flight school at which the French national was taking lessons notified the FBI about his suspicious behavior.

Much of the letter recounts Rowley's efforts to convince FBI headquarters to pursue a search warrant of Moussaoui's computer. The FBI maintained that probable cause did not exist and that a warrant would not be approved by the U.S. Attorney. Rowley argues forcefully that a warrant was indeed appropriate, citing French intelligence reports given to the bureau that linked Moussaoui with radical Islamic causes.

noddy

Post by noddy »

Doc wrote:
not at all, its a slow formed opinion over many years of reading your posts.

the protection from terrorists you constantly demand tools for is total surveillance, i cant help if you have some theory how one is not the other, it has no relation to reality as i understand it.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

All these "information technology" companies, hardware & software, are supported by "authorities" .. they "part" of the "system" .. in bed with the "regime" .. everywhere .. in America, in China, in Islamic Republic, in Jewish Republic, in Russia, in France and Germany and UK.

yep.

you need a license to participate, that license comes with requirements.

----

you can also install pgp and third party encryption on all devices yourself if you want to slow them down and not trust the builtin encryption on the system.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:
Doc wrote:
not at all, its a slow formed opinion over many years of reading your posts.

the protection from terrorists you constantly demand tools for is total surveillance
, i cant help if you have some theory how one is not the other, it has no relation to reality as i understand it.
Wrong Absolutely WRONG.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Apple has not done it 70 times. And they are under no obligation to continue complying just because they've done it before. Who was it here that said universal health care is EVIL because it compels doctors to donate their labor against their will? Hmmm?
Doctors in socialist countries are compensated for their services. BUT YOU CAN'T COMPEL SOMEONE TO WORK FOR YOU BECAUSE THAT'S SLAVERY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Doc, this is America. China, North Korea, and Vietnam could easily do what you're proposing but this is the land of the free. If Apple doesn't want to do the work, the government has to find a willing party to do it for them at fair market value.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doctors in socialist countries are compensated for their services. BUT YOU CAN'T COMPEL SOMEONE TO WORK FOR YOU BECAUSE THAT'S SLAVERY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Doc, this is America. China, North Korea, and Vietnam could easily do what you're proposing but this is the land of the free. If Apple doesn't want to do the work, the government has to find a willing party to do it for them at fair market value.
Tim Cook is full of something. This is all about marketing. He and Suckerberg are the kind of folks that need to be taxed @ 110% of gross income.