The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Mr. Perfect

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump MO very easy to understand. Drop Nuclear Bomb (politically), let liberals freak out, then people start coming around. Very effective. We may see a President in the realm of Washington, Lincoln, Reagan. Change is coming.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

To Democrats,
Donald Trump No Longer a Laughing Matter

WATERLOO, Iowa — Until Monday, when Donald J. Trump proposed a ban on Muslims entering the United States, Hillary Clinton could hardly keep herself from laughing at the mention of his name. “I’m sorry, I can’t help it,” she told ABC News on Sunday, letting out a giggle that made advisers squirm.

She is no longer laughing. :lol:

In Waterloo, Mike Russell, 60, called Mr. Trump “an idi*t.” But when he was asked if he thought Mrs. Clinton had been aggressive enough in outlining her plan to defeat ISIS, Mr. Russell paused.

“I don’t know,” he said. “That last deal in California, that changes the game.”

Heracleum Persicum

As Trump surges
party’s establishment laying the groundwork for a floor fight

. . several longtime Republican power brokers argued that if the controversial billionaire storms through the primaries, the party’s establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight in which the GOP’s mainstream wing could coalesce around an alternative, the people said.

The development represents a major shift for veteran Republican strategists, who until this month had spoken of a brokered convention only in the most hypothetical terms — and had tried to encourage a drama-free nomination by limiting debates and setting an earlier convention date.

Now, those same leaders see a floor fight as a real possibility. And so does Trump, who said in an interview last week that he, too, is preparing.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:Image
1.6 billion Muslims.

Stereotype much?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:BTW azari, very broadminded of you. Respect.

Trump is misunderstood

Always, when Media in tandem shouting something, I become suspicious, I must find what the real story is.

Listened to Trump yesterday in CNN .. he makes sense

He neither racist nor anti Muslims

He should become president and clean things.

Interesting. I watched the same interview. My impression was that he was lying through his teeth with regards to his supposed "Muslim friends".

I have some recollection of Il Douche from when I lived in the US. Not impressed then, much less so now.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:BTW azari, very broadminded of you. Respect.

Trump is misunderstood

Always, when Media in tandem shouting something, I become suspicious, I must find what the real story is.

Listened to Trump yesterday in CNN .. he makes sense

He neither racist nor anti Muslims

He should become president and clean things.

Interesting. I watched the same interview. My impression was that he was lying through his teeth with regards to his supposed "Muslim friends".

Who you think has more "Muslim friends" ? ?

Hillary or Trump ! ! ! !

1.jpg
1.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 955 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (14.99 KiB) Viewed 955 times

Nobody says Trump loves Muslims, point is neither does Hillary nor Jeb

You can stick all things in the book to Trump, yes and true, but, Hillary and Jeb are in "all those things" much worst than Trump .. at least Trump says the way it is, the truth.

Trump is "clean", he has "allegiances" to nobody, he owes noting (politicaly) to anybody.

Seems, Police Union, has endorsed him .. now, endorsements will roll in

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump does business all over ME. But in the end, Jeb/Hillary joined at waist with KSA, Trump could care less.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: 1.6 billion Muslims.

Stereotype much?
If you get to do it about "American chicken$#!ts" you have to let other people do it.
Alexis

A difficult balance + The Clinton killer

Post by Alexis »

Typhoon wrote:1.6 billion Muslims.

Stereotype much?
Stereotyping is a huge risk indeed.

To be recalled: Algeria, a country which we know much - 1 million+ of ours have Algerian origins, one of the languages of Algeria is French - had a murderous civil war during the 1990s. That war opposed Jihadists to the rest of the population, with death toll around 150,000, most of them civilians, most of them killed by Jihadis, often in gruesome ways. The "normal" non-Jihadist blokes won.

Short look at a typical incident, told by a friend of mine during the 1990s. A guy is staying at a friend's home, the house is attacked and quickly overrun by several men who efficiently master him to the ground, without him having time to call for any help. Then they open a sack and begin puting their tools on the table: saw, piercing instruments... The guy understands the aggressors are here for his friend, owner of the house, now absent. He shouts "I'm not him! Look up my identity". They check his papers, then release him and very politely apologize "Sorry for the mistake, Sir. Good day, Sir" before leaving.
... Obviously, by contrast with this incident, the targeted guy was often there and there was no happy ending :(

Well, the thing is that in Algeria almost everybody is a Muslim. These are the ones who defeated the Jihadis among them. And the very large majority of Jihadis' victims were Muslims, not only in Algeria but worldwide.

What is both somewhat difficult, and at the same time absolutely necessary, is to be at the same time:
- Totally and completely fair towards Muslims
- Without any pity whatsoever towards Jihadists, who are hiding among Muslims

Part of the difficulty is PC-thought "we can't say anything against Jihadists, otherwise Muslims would be aggrieved"... which is just not true
Part of the difficulty is globalization in prejudice "Jihadists are among this group of people (Muslims), let's oust all of them and we'll be safe"... which is very unfair
Part of the difficulty is obviously that all pro-Jihadists will cry "Islamophobia" when they are stricken, and some Muslims may believe them
Part of the difficulty is that Jihadists will be more numerous among the most active Muslims - although still in a minority

All the same, the balance must be found. Neither letting the Jihadist in peace, nor being unfair towards any person who did not do wrong, no matter Muslim or not.

Even in France after the recent attacks and our current "state of emergency", we are still too much on the first, still not at balance.

Taking an example, Tunisia - a Muslim-majority nation - after attacks this year decided to close all mosques where Salafism - the most extreme form of Islam was taught. Well here in France among 2,000 mosques and prayer rooms we have an estimated 90 Salafist ones... and they are still :shock: :evil: not closed except for a couple. Only the National Front here proposes to change that.

Trump is wrong to want to forbide any and all Muslim immigrant.

On the other hand, if he was saying "Let's close the Salafist mosques, collect the preachers and send them to Saudi Arabia where they belong - or to Antarctica if Riyad doesn't want them and we'll see if they succeed in fanaticizing the penguins!" ... he would be totally right.

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Trump is "clean", he has "allegiances" to nobody, he owes noting (politicaly) to anybody.
That's one of his biggest "selling" arguments I think.

If I was Hillary Clinton, I would be terrified of a TV debate against Trump.

For at some time in the debate, he is sure to ask her "Mrs Clinton, in the past at such and such time I bought you and you served me what I wanted. This time, I'm not the one who is paying you... Who has bought you and who are you serving?"

And then what can she answer? For that's entirely true.

If Democrats aimed at defeating Trump, they would be far better sending Sanders against him, because he is clean on financing by billionnaires. However, he will almost surely not be chosen - and Clinton will have to try answering about her relation with who is financing her...

I will tell it most brutally: if the selected pair is Clinton vs Trump, then Americans will have to choose between a) a political prostitute and b) a former client of political prostitutes who is saying "I want to come clean".

Who would you choose?

For Trump to lose against Clinton, he would have to propose many more erroneous policies than merely forbiding of any Muslim immigration to the US.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Good stuff Alex.

Few corrections, Trump is the former boss of the Prostitutes, and HRC and co are the largest prostitutes in our era.

Yes, she will be receive the flame thrower from Trump on her Prostitution, but she will also have to receive the wrath for her support for Iraq, Libya, and Isis. There will be a tablespoon of ash when she is finished with.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Stereotype much?
Everybody on the internet do...... :P
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Excellent post Alexis.

I think once you get outside the realm of celebrities and talking heads. Most people realize this. Check out the excellent article on stereotyping Typhoon originally posted. http://quillette.com/2015/12/04/rebelli ... ereotypes/

My best friend since the late 1980's is Muslim. He came to the US in the 1970's, got a PhD, and became a citizen. Wife from Egypt, two very American daughters (drives the parents nuts). We have been discussing this since the late 1980's. A great family that Americans should emulate. I have kidded him for decades that he and his wife are the best Christians I know.

Post 9/11, I got tired of hearing the experts talk about Islam, so I read the Koran. My buddy asked what I thought, I said it would be best for Muslims if Americans did not read the Koran. Same can be said for many parts of the Bible.

What most don't realize is the Islam is not strictly a religion. It is a religion-government hybrid. Treating it as only a religion is misleading. Separation of church and state in Islam is heresy.

thanks for posting.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonc Hilaire

Bigoted candidates are wrong.

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

the bigots say 10% of the muslims support isis, so im not sure that graphic helps against that.

it would be nice if the bigots could tell the difference between sunni and shiite, or middle class and wahhabi conservative, or asian and arab.

--

why do we need to live in a police state, how much of the anti muslim groundswelll is anti police state groundswell, if we got rid of them all (tm) would we still have a police state.

how much of this is just impotent anger at too much change, too fast - in my experience no human population can deal with that and its crude to blame 'racism' or other things on a problem we all have, all the time.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

how ironic the benedict option is!

withdrawing into like minded community as a reaction to trump appealing to white folks who want to withdraw into like minded community.

hah - its drafted in high minded speak and crocodile tears, sugar coated emotive indulgences and yet the instinctual reaction and thusly the outcome, identical.

ive seen plenty of young funkies live multiculture, in a bubble, in the city.

its easy, its new and exciting, they believe in nothing and everything is experience but families trying to set standard for children and people who believe in stuff and want to maintain it.. not so much.

i wonder.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Rod Dreher is a pink underwear liberal, he just doesn't know it. Much like berzer. We might call them trans poli. Liberal in a conservative body or vice versa.

Once in a while, a great while, something comes down the pike and exposes people for what we really are. That thing is Donald Trump in this case.
noddy

Post by noddy »

nar, i dont agree on bz/dou.

he just got the shits with your aggressive thing and started poking you with a stick, his logic was not draped in ivory tower stuff like this and towards the end he was just sayin stuff that annoyed you for the reason of annoying you.

in the big picture its all good anyway - people are putting the multiple cultures into multi culture and the sheltered progressive version which hadnt pondered much beyond new music and food is starting to get a lesson in humans.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No, he's a liberal very close to Dreher. When I'm not on a tablet I'll go over it, if its allowed.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:No, he's a liberal very close to Dreher. When I'm not on a tablet I'll go over it, if its allowed.
This sounds interesting. You should discuss it with your wife first, then make a draft copy and send it to an editor. In a few months time, we can find you an agent and maybe even get it published. Who knows, with a thesis like this we can even break on to a bestseller list or two. I mean, who doesn't want to know why bezerker savant is a liberal in disguise. :)

After a few months, when sales start tapering off, we can maybe attach a new chapter or two about how you bested a Romanian and outed him as belonging to the American Democratic Party.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If you want, sure.

Berzer was not a lib in disguise, but in the closet. What's the term for when you haven't figured out if you are gay or not.
NapLajoieonSteroids

confused.

I don't know a thing about the gentleman in question other than he posted some interesting stuff on the old spengler board.

and Rod Dreher is a flake.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We're you on Spengler?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:We're you on Spengler?
nope, only lurked and read the archives at Spengler. What drew me into the Spenglerverse was the Michael Jackson death article.
noddy

Post by noddy »

we all saw the same threads, not sure their is much point in discussing personality conflicts with other people long gone.
ultracrepidarian