The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Zack Morris

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:About Ted Cruz: one of his many Wall Street fundraisers was held at the home of someone I know, a managing director at one of the big 3 investment banks who oversees exotic derivatives as well as an algo options trading desk. He is old money from Europe, his wife is the daughter of a legendary hedge fund billionaire, and together they own tens to hundreds of millions of dollars of Manhattan real estate.

They must embody Ted Cruz's values; why else would he spend so much time chumming it up with them? I almost feel sorry for all the Rube-publicans pinning their hopes on this sleezeball. Almost.
Whatever validity there is to the point you are trying to make, anyone from the party of Hillary and Bill Clinton never has any grounds, ever, to call someone else a sleazeball.

Ever.
Hey, Teabaggers are the ones running on purity, piety, and authentic Americana. You're supposed to be morally superior to us. But now that we're discovering just how much Ted Cruz enjoys Wall Street teabaggings, it's going to be sad times again for Rubepublican households from sea to shining sea.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: To call Ted Cruz a sleaze ball is a grossly unfair maligning of sleaze balls round the world.
Why.
Nobody likes smug, arrogant Harvard lawyers to begin with. But there's something extra sleazy about a smug, arrogant Harvard lawyer who transparently pretends to adopt the values of small town people he wouldn't be caught dead letting into his social circle.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:About Ted Cruz: one of his many Wall Street fundraisers was held at the home of someone I know, a managing director at one of the big 3 investment banks who oversees exotic derivatives as well as an algo options trading desk. He is old money from Europe, his wife is the daughter of a legendary hedge fund billionaire, and together they own tens to hundreds of millions of dollars of Manhattan real estate.

They must embody Ted Cruz's values; why else would he spend so much time chumming it up with them? I almost feel sorry for all the Rube-publicans pinning their hopes on this sleezeball. Almost.
Whatever validity there is to the point you are trying to make, anyone from the party of Hillary and Bill Clinton never has any grounds, ever, to call someone else a sleazeball.

Ever.
Sooo...

Which sleazeball is your favorite, Mr. P?
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Folks .. looks more and more like it's " SANDERS against TRUMP "

Hillary joined Jeb

finito

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We can only hope HP. We can only hope.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

kmich wrote: Sooo...

Which sleazeball is your favorite, Mr. P?
My thoughts on the candidates are well known. What I'm grateful for is that our worst candidates in terms of sleaze, that is Rubio and Jeb, are about 3-4% as sleazy as Hillary Clinton and Bill Cosby Clinton.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Hey, Teabaggers are the ones running on purity, piety, and authentic Americana. You're supposed to be morally superior to us.
We are.
But now that we're discovering just how much Ted Cruz enjoys Wall Street teabaggings, it's going to be sad times again for Rubepublican households from sea to shining sea.
I don't know looked at the polls and our supermajority status isn't under the threat of being scratched.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Nobody likes smug, arrogant Harvard lawyers to begin with.
I don't know you guys like baramba just fine.
But there's something extra sleazy about a smug, arrogant Harvard lawyer who transparently pretends to adopt the values of small town people he wouldn't be caught dead letting into his social circle.
How do you know who is in Ted Cruz's social circle.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This is the Trump Card. These people aren't going to show up in polls. The Alex Jones brigade if you will.

I'll admit to see sawing on this election. Sometimes I think Trump can't win, sometimes he can't lose. The below scenario gives him 55+ in the general.

http://news.yahoo.com/many-lost-voters- ... .html?nf=1
Ted Wade hasn’t cared about politics enough to cast a vote in a U.S. presidential election for almost a quarter of a century, back when he supported Ross Perot’s independent candidacy in 1992.

But Republican Donald Trump's 2016 White House bid has motivated Wade to get involved and he plans to support the real estate mogul in Nevada’s nominating caucus next month. Trump is a "non-politician" who can fix the "chaos" in Washington, he says.

About one in 10 Americans who plan to cast a vote this election will do so for the first time in years, if ever, and Trump holds a decided edge with them, according to polling by Reuters/Ipsos. (http://tmsnrt.rs/1SgeLvi)

These voters offer Trump a pool of voters who could be decisive either in the Republican primaries or a general election. They could be crucial for Trump in early-voting states such as Iowa and South Carolina, where his nearest rival, Senator Ted Cruz, is putting pressure on Trump and enjoys a strong base of support with more traditionally conservative voters.

In Reuters/Ipsos polling from June to December 2015, 27.3 percent of these “new” voters said they would vote for Trump, higher than his poll numbers among independents and Republicans who regularly vote.

By way of comparison, Cruz captures just 3.4 percent of these voters. And Senator Marco Rubio of Florida snags only 4 percent.

“I’m tired of the chaos between Democrats and Republicans and want to give somebody a try who I think can make a difference,” said Wade of Trump.

The 51-year-old has already switched his affiliation from Democrat to Republican and even attended a Trump campaign event in Las Vegas. He has told his three older children to get involved in the elections, although he did not say whether he wanted them to vote for Trump.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Well, right there is Trump's weakness. The minute he is accepted as an 'insider', a lot of that Alex Jones vote will dissipate. I don't know how much longer a guy who golfs with Bill Clinton can be considered an outsider- in the populist sense, that is.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's already been dealt with.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What are you afraid of Naps. What is that you guys fear so much. Hilary Cosby Clinton is a horrible human being with a long track record of human and policy destruction. Why so comfortable with that opposed to Trump. What about the status quo appeals to you.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Candidates elected by a 'life-or-death' voting mentality are always bad news. Always.

This is not putting in the hard work to change things, it is almost throwing a temper tantrum.

A guy like Donald Trump is a wild flail- a swing for the fences- he could be great and awful all at the same time- and he prepares the way for even less savory characters to believe they should be President.

If he gets anywhere near the White House, he will set off the Washington T-cells, which will hamper his ability to get anything done.

I'm sick of Baby Boomer drama. The Baby Boomers drove the whole nation into a ditch and pissed away everything America had going for it. Another Baby Boomer with wild ambitions is not my idea of a fun time.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That doesn't answer the question. Hillary Cosby Clinton has defects far worse before we get to the epic dissonance and flimsiness of your post. You're not being honest.
NapLajoieonSteroids

This is Schwarzenegger redux- larger scale- look how well that worked out.

My gut keeps telling me something is very wrong with this whole situation.
Mr. Perfect wrote:That doesn't answer the question. Hillary Cosby Clinton has defects far worse before we get to the epic dissonance and flimsiness of your post. You're not being honest.
But you keep going on about Hillary- she lives rent from in that head of yours.

I would likely vote for anyone over Hillary, come hell or highwater, (with the possibility of not casting a vote for President as I've done in the last few elections) I don't know why you're so caught up on this.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No more or less than Trump lives in yours.

Hillary Cosby Clinton is the worst case scenario. Trump can't lead to the worst case scenarios when Hillary Cosby Clinton is the worst case scenario. You don't allow the worst case scenario in the present in order to prevent it at a future date. Pound for pound there is no more corrupt person in the history of our country than Hillary Cosby Clinton.

Your T Cell analogy is bogus too. Washington is the cancer, not the T cell. trump is the only t cell available. That you can't see that is the problem. Yours is a very liberal POV surrendering your way to victory.

You need to get more honest.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: (with the possibility of not casting a vote for President as I've done in the last few elections) I don't know why you're so caught up on this.
Because people like you with this attitude bear the most responsibility for the destruction of the country.
NapLajoieonSteroids

You have no answers here, which is why you resort to accusing me of dishonesty. That's okay.

I suspect you feel the same sort of uneasiness....
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The way this goes is I asked you first, so when you answer my question then I'll answer yours. Normally this is how this works but I'll make an exception.

Had you and people like you voted for McCain or Romney there would be no obamacare, there would be no national bankruptcy, there would be no Iran deal, there would be no gun control, there would be no tax increases, and on and on and on and on, all you had to do was pull the lever for McCain or Romney but you wouldn't because the MSM successfully trolled you.

I don't let the MSM troll me.

Hillary Cosby Clinton and barack obama ARE the worst case scenarios. They are the worst you can do. You can't do worse than them. But your spider sense works so poorly that when the worst candidates come up for election you can't even figure out why you would vote against them.

So this is a huge problem. You have a major defect. You represent a defect in the country, so we're putting you on the couch.

The pro Trump case is easy to make. He is a death blow to the necrotic Clinton Cosby establishment you guys used to compain about. The death blow. These people are more impotent than you can imagine. They are liars and liars are always weak. The only power they have is their lies, and whether you believe. You believe them. I do not. They can be destroyed.

Donald Trump is dead on right on the establishment, illegal immigration, terrorism, economic matters, gun and foreign policy. Dead on right on the dots. The downside it the bluster. But that's the thing, it's a net positive. Hillary Cosby Clinton is a net negative. She is wrong on all the issues and is a contemptible completely corrupt human being who has defended rapists professionally and privately.

So the issue how you can struggle to support a net positive candidate and why you don't oppose a net negative candidate.
NapLajoieonSteroids

I could not in good conscience vote for:

that loathsome character in '08.

and someone who supports surrogate gestation in '12.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And that shows the defect in your conscience. Your conscience helped usher in the worst President of all time.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:Hillary Cosby Clinton and barack obama ARE the worst case scenarios.

You should quit drinking the kool-aid, it's messing with your mind.
They are the worst you can do.

I can think of worse than an incompetent crook married to a sociopath and a community college professor with no control over his party.

But your spider sense works so poorly that when the worst candidates come up for election you can't even figure out why you would vote against them.

My spider sense works great.

I don't vote against people, I vote for them. Hillary doesn't even come up on my radar because there are a very few scenarios where I'd even entertain voting for her.

I don't know why this is such a struggle for you to understand. I don't have to "oppose" her because I am already in opposition to her, the repulsiveness of the Clintons has already "lost" me.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:And that shows the defect in your conscience. Your conscience helped usher in the worst President of all time.
James Buchanan says hello.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: You should quit drinking the kool-aid, it's messing with your mind.

I can think of worse than an incompetent crook married to a sociopath and a community college professor with no control over his party.
Sure. An incompetent crook married to a sociopath AND IS one herself, and a 3rd world marxist sympathizer that attended a racist hate church for 20 years that hates his own country. That's worse. But that's the bottom.

My spider sense works great.
No. It doesn't
I don't vote against people,
You should. That keeps the worst candidate from winning.
I vote for them. Hillary doesn't even come up on my radar because there are a very few scenarios where I'd even entertain voting for her.

I don't know why this is such a struggle for you to understand. I don't have to "oppose" her because I am already in opposition to her, the repulsiveness of the Clintons has already "lost" me.
You have to vote against her because otherwise she becomes President. It's totally easy to understand.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:And that shows the defect in your conscience. Your conscience helped usher in the worst President of all time.
James Buchanan says hello.
See? You had to go back one hundred and fifty years to find a President this bad. Think about that long and hard, and why you allowed that to happen.