The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:And that shows the defect in your conscience. Your conscience helped usher in the worst President of all time.


James Buchanan says hello.

See? You had to go back one hundred and fifty years to find a President this bad. Think about that long and hard, and why you allowed that to happen.


Sorry. goalpost moving for me but not for thee doesn't register. You're flailing.

You said 'the worst president all time'

I said James Buchanan was worst, and would probably add to the list before we reach President Obama.

That it gets your panties in a twist is a personal problem for you.
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:48 am

Mr. Perfect wrote: It's totally easy to understand.


What's easy to understand is that you once thought about voting for our current President. You entertain the thought of your opponents winning a whole lot. It's almost like you secretly love when they win.

As Connecticut hasn't been in play, my vote (or non-vote) for President didn't usher in anything. You're going to have to do better than that to magic underwear me.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Sorry. goalpost moving for me but not for thee doesn't register. You're flailing.

You said 'the worst president all time'

I said James Buchanan was worst, and would probably add to the list before we reach President Obama.

That it gets your panties in a twist is a personal problem for you.

Well no, I'm perfectly willing to entertain who is the worst of all time, obama is obviously on that list not only with us but the American people, but obviously you had to go back OVER one hundred and fifty years to think of a suitable competitor, mostly proving my point at your expense before we even debate the points. I'm happy to let the record show you feel you could only find one guys worse than him and it is the ancient past. Very happy.

So how does it make sense to let a guy like that through and become President.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:56 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Sorry. goalpost moving for me but not for thee doesn't register. You're flailing.

You said 'the worst president all time'

I said James Buchanan was worst, and would probably add to the list before we reach President Obama.

That it gets your panties in a twist is a personal problem for you.

Well no, I'm perfectly willing to entertain who is the worst of all time, obama is obviously on that list not only with us but the American people, but obviously you had to go back OVER one hundred and fifty years to think of a suitable competitor, mostly proving my point at your expense before we even debate the points. I'm happy to let the record show you feel you could only find one guys worse than him and it is the ancient past. Very happy.

So how does it make sense to let a guy like that through and become President.


You asserted 'worst' so I gave you the worst.

You can't put some sort of 'used-by' date on it after the fact.

The last 50 years we've had a Kennedy, Ford, Carter who would probably come ahead of our current chief. And then there are the Bushes and Clinton who give this guy a run for the money too.

The real point is that you've belly flopped here and are now trying to doggy paddle out of the deep end. You know as well as I do that Trump is a hurricane and that worries you as much as anybody else.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:57 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:What's easy to understand is that you once thought about voting for our current President.

Can't wait to hear more about this.

You entertain the thought of your opponents winning a whole lot. It's almost like you secretly love when they win.

If I celebrated my supermajority status even more would that help clear things up.

[quoteAs Connecticut hasn't been in play, my vote (or non-vote) for President didn't usher in anything. You're going to have to do better than that to magic underwear me.[/quote]
The issue is that there is enough of people like you in the country to effect the outcome. You all think mostly the same but there are a few categories within. These days we can't indulge the luxury of your "conscience" driving the country into the ground. Seeing how it is time for the rubber to meet the road, it is time to put pressure on your defects.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby noddy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 am

rather than bet on the destruction of republicans or democrats can i bet on it wobbling between 45 to 55% for both every couple of elections ?

Image
noddy
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:You asserted 'worst' so I gave you the worst.

No no no. You gave your opinion of the worst. obama is worse. But you had to back OVER a century and half to find somebody of your own. Think about that.

You can't put some sort of 'used-by' date on it after the fact.

I didn't.

The last 50 years we've had a Kennedy, Ford, Carter who would probably come ahead of our current chief. And then there are the Bushes and Clinton who give this guy a run for the money too.

obama is the worst though. And people like you made it happen.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 am

noddy wrote:rather than bet on the destruction of republicans or democrats can i bet on it wobbling between 45 to 55% for both every couple of elections ?

Image


that's the safe bet, sure.

But when you're going to throw in with fanatics, you should bet big!
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 am

Great chart.

Do you guys see how it portends the end of the Democrats yet.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:05 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Can't wait to hear more about this.


I found it a few years ago and have posted it before:

Re: Americans - Who's Your Current Choice?

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Rapp wrote:I have finally decided. It looks to me like the four surviving candidates will be Clinton, Obama, McCain, and Romney. It may be close, so we may even see some convention antics this go-round. Here is what I plan to do at this point.

Clinton vs. Romney .......................... Romney
Clinton vs. McCain ............................ McCain
Obama vs. Romney ........................... Romney
Obama vs. McCain ............................. Obama



My choices are exactly the same.
[/quote]

So did Mr.P follow through and vote for the very man he is so against? Has he been playing for the other side this whole time?

This (and Tinker being a registered Republican) are some of the strange things you find when looking for old threads on the Spengler atttimes board. ;)
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:11 am

OOOOOOOOOkay. Got it. I can see your confusion,

That was before Reverend Wright. I remember it well. After that came out it told us all we needed to know.

Tinker's claim to be a Republican was meaningless. Lincon Chafee was a Republican etc.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:15 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:OOOOOOOOOkay. Got it. I can see your confusion,

That was before Reverend Wright. I remember it well. After that came out it told us all we needed to know.


You still supported him. A guy who from the very beginning was supposedly against everything you value. He had you on the edge, you almost pulled the lever for him. Why?

That sounds like one of those defects running around ruining the country to me.

Or is this another defects for me but not for thee Mr.P rule?
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:19 am

Uh bro, I did not support him. For a moment in time speculating on hypotheticals very early in the process that was a position I held. Once Reverend Wright hit the sheets we knew what we needed to know, and if you go back and look at my postings you will see a full throated opposition to him from that day on, explained in every detail necessary.

As facts came in I adapted. And, the fuller picture predicted the future to the dots. A narcissistic 3rd world Marxist sympathizing America hating leftist. The son of Reverend Wright in almost every way.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:21 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:If I celebrated my supermajority status even more would that help clear things up.


By all means go ahead. I'm all for Spiro Agnew-suburbanites playing supermajority in their pillow forts. Maybe afterwards, you can have some chocolate milk and your wife can read you the bedtime story, From Gipper to Skipper about how Ronald Reagan single-highhandedly beat Joe Stalin all while cutting taxes and eating jellybeans.

The issue is that there is enough of people like you in the country to effect the outcome. You all think mostly the same but there are a few categories within. These days we can't indulge the luxury of your "conscience" driving the country into the ground. Seeing how it is time for the rubber to meet the road, it is time to put pressure on your defects.


McCain was, and is, unfit for office- not much choice there.

Surrogate Gestation is on par with slavery. I think the lesson should be not to run moral slobs....

oh wait...
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:25 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:Uh bro, I did not support him. For a moment in time speculating on hypotheticals very early in the process that was a position I held. Once Reverend Wright hit the sheets we knew what we needed to know, and if you go back and look at my postings you will see a full throated opposition to him from that day on, explained in every detail necessary.

As facts came in I adapted. And, the fuller picture predicted the future to the dots. A narcissistic 3rd world Marxist sympathizing America hating leftist. The son of Reverend Wright in almost every way.


Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:54 pm
As of this moment, I am pulling for a Hillary/McCain race, with JM winning. I think it would be demoralizing to the opposition and McCain can flail around on his own without me having to defend him. McCain is really a 3rd party candidate. As for Romney, I just don't feel like defending the flip flopping for 4 years, let alone the election.

At first I was kind of tolerant of Obama because he seemed harmless and genuinely a nice guy, but after today I don't know if I could take him. Campaigning on change and then joining yourself at the hip with Teddy the Chapster sort of punctures the balloon. And, he's a straight up liberal on taxes, spending, education, defense issues, socialized medicine, environment, abortion, property rights, etc etc. All his positions are ones I've spent my whole life fighting, so sorry Obamers, I'm out.


Oh man, the flip flopping, the genuine contrition at the end there, so so so much of this mentality lead to Obama's win.

Why did you want Obama to win?
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:By all means go ahead. I'm all for Spiro Agnew-suburbanites playing supermajority in their pillow forts. Maybe afterwards, you can have some chocolate milk and your wife can read you the bedtime story, From Gipper to Skipper about how Ronald Reagan single-highhandedly beat Joe Stalin all while cutting taxes and eating jellybeans.

Sounds good, but what does this have to do with me being happy when Democrats win.

McCain was, and is, unfit for office- not much choice there.

obama was and is also unfit for office. obama is the antithesis of the founding principles of this country, that men are born free with rights and the government is to be kept on a leash. McCain was not. That is why you hold your nose and vote McCain.

Surrogate Gestation is on par with slavery. I think the lesson should be not to run moral slobs....

oh wait...

Whatever that may mean when the antithesis of the founding of the country is personified in a candidate you vote for the other candidate.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Oh man, the flip flopping, the genuine contrition at the end there, so so so much of this mentality lead to Obama's win.

Why did you want Obama to win?

Yeah, I changed my opinion as more facts came in. What's the problem.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Oh man, the flip flopping, the genuine contrition at the end there, so so so much of this mentality lead to Obama's win.

Why did you want Obama to win?

Yeah, I changed my opinion as more facts came in. What's the problem.


Hosea. Sow in the wind and reap a whirlwind.

And now you are getting ready to bet on a hurricane.
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 am

Hurricanes are good for blowing down rotten cities. That's the whole point.

Trump is the most vetted man to ever run for POTUS. He's been in the public eye longer than the Clintons even.

obama is the least vetted and least known about person to ever run. Do you see how that destroys your point.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:46 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:Hurricanes are good for blowing down rotten cities. That's the whole point.

Trump is the most vetted man to ever run for POTUS. He's been in the public eye longer than the Clintons even.

obama is the least vetted and least known about person to ever run. Do you see how that destroys your point.


and yet there you were ready to jump onto the Obama bandwagon with him from the get go.

Trump is the most public of men perhaps, but that is different from vetted. His celebrity is as much as shield as it is a window. Just like Schwarzenegger- as I said earlier.
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:49 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:and yet there you were ready to jump onto the Obama bandwagon with him from the get go.

No. I entertained him for a brief period of time. About 2 weeks. And, I didn't expect him to make it. You are flailing.

Trump is the most public of men perhaps, but that is different from vetted. His celebrity is as much as shield as it is a window.

Ok so what is his secret.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:No. I entertained him for a brief period of time.


My point exactly.

Ok so what is his secret.


That he has failed at everything in his private life. Every single thing. The only successful thing about him is the 'Rich Guy' character he plays- and his comeback from his nadir in the 90s makes him deeply indebted to NBC (and GE specifically) and all these media guys he is running against.

The Presidency is a very lonely position. Just going by his failures from school, in what he supported in business, to his marriage, to raising his children...that "private" Trump will be a great big raspberry.
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:02 am

And I'm perfectly happy to go over those 2 weeks in great detail if necessary, but I'm wondering why it would be necessary because in the end you don't have anything. I disliked John McCain for decades, and while I am as partisan as you can be, there is a very short list, very short, of Republicans I wouldn't vote for or Democrats I'd vote in comparison.

John McCain and Newt Gingrich are on that list. I would probably have voted for Lieberman over either of those guys. The pre Wright obama who had received zero coverage was someone I entertained in a very narrow circumstance but found unlikely and was a what the heck position. That lasted a week or two. So when some facts started coming to my attention I did the reasonable thing and reconsidered. He had been marketed as a purple state kind of guy beforehand if you recall but when he hugged and kissed the champion of Chappaquiddick that was it. Of course Reverend Wright told us everything we needed to know at that point.

So, we can keep doing this for a while but the outcome should be clear by now. The more important issue is how you can go 3 elections in a row allowing the worst people possible become President.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:07 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:My point exactly.

Ehh what point exactly.

That he has failed at everything in his private life. Every single thing.

No, that's not his secret. Everyone knows that. Everyone also knows that his ex wives love him and so do his kids and family and employees. No secrets there. That excuse is falling apart.

The only successful thing about him is the 'Rich Guy' character he plays- and his comeback from his nadir in the 90s makes him deeply indebted to NBC (and GE specifically) and all these media guys he is running against.

How can he be indebted to NBC/GE when they have cut all ties with him. You've not even thinking anymore.

The Presidency is a very lonely position. Just going by his failures from school, in what he supported in business, to his marriage, to raising his children...that "private" Trump will be a great big raspberry.

Reagan had a much worse family situation and he was our greatest President.

No, all this is BS. You can't be honest about your opposition to him. But I know what your real objections are and they aren't good.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 12930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Postby noddy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:08 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:Great chart.

Do you guys see how it portends the end of the Democrats yet.


as a long term trend im seeing both democrat and republican fading away and a crude lumping of independant masking how many are actually greens or libertarians.

Image

the first graph shows that many of these independants are libertarian and this 'fixes' the republican decline, but then we just end up back at the 45/55 wobble that 2 party politics always seems to generate.
noddy
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to North America | Canada; USA; Mexico

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron