The Donald....the newest savior.....

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Well, there are four decades of consistent stories of Trump being contemptuous towards the political and media classes. It starts when his father was fighting with the Nixon Administration and he was forced into a "I didn't do anything but I'll never do it again" settlement.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's how the establishment works. They will do you dirty.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Well, he and his father were apparently redlining, and the government saved time&money by settling than fighting the case. So I don't know whose hands are clean in that deal.

But I do know that where Trump the father felt defeated, Trump the son rather boldly jumped into the luxury/high end market and somehow pulled it off. It is a pretty impressive feat on his resume.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:But the ultimate truth of what I'm saying is found in that it is the establishment, left right center who are out to get him more than anyone else. Ask yourself why.
Not good enough. The "establishment" may simply have somebody else for the job. That doesn't make Trump clean, competent or even honest. After all, imagine how good Trump would feel after shafting the establishment and the voters at the same time. So, again, how do you know he's not lying to you?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There is so much to say about Trump, and unfortunately for the media the narrative they are fabricating will dissolve in the breeze, if it isn't already.

Trump is too known. There is no Reverend Wright or Paula Jones in his background. We'd know already. If he was actually racist or sexist he'd have been Bill Cosby'd long ago. His kids love him. His ex wives love him. His employees love him. His fired TV contestants love him. People who know him love him.

So substance wins out over fabrication over the long haul. the best way to get Trump elected all the way is to run Biden against him. The blowhard buffoon narrative goes up in smoke then, and Trump is 10 times the man over Biden.

Getting harder to see how he loses.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: Not good enough.
It sure is good enough.
The "establishment" may simply have somebody else for the job. That doesn't make Trump clean, competent or even honest. After all, imagine how good Trump would feel after shafting the establishment and the voters at the same time. So, again, how do you know he's not lying to you?
These are questions you never asked of obama or his supporters, and so obviously don't have any grounds to ask anybody else.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It sure is good enough.
Which means you don't have an answer.
These are questions you never asked of obama or his supporters, and so obviously don't have any grounds to ask anybody else.
:lol:
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

BELIEVED HIM TO BE

More dishonesty ymix. Why betray so much. Let the record show that ymix not only made false claims he couldn't back up but is adding to them with a false representation. A moderator.

I feel like I've won the lottery.
YMix

Post by YMix »

See the new thread in Hell.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Please do. Anyone will be able to see the false statements a moderator made about me.
No false statements made. I asked a question. You had no answer, but gave one anyway. Now you're pretending it didn't happen.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's digitally recorded you said I said x when I did not say x. It's on the record. It was false.
I can't be false. When I ask you "how do you know", which is a demand for some kind of solid proof, you can't come back later and say "I BELIEVED HIM TO BE". I specifically asked that question because I was well aware of your opinions and beliefs regarding Trump and I wanted know if you had anything concrete to back those opinions up.
YMix

Post by YMix »

:lol:

Let's cut to the chase. When I asked you this:
YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:He is a genuine anti establishment.
That's exactly the question asked by that Atlantic article. How do you know he's "genuine"?
what exactly did you think I meant?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Even better! Tell me exactly where in this exchange:
YMix wrote:How do you know he's "genuine"?
Mr. Perfect wrote:Just watching him for 30 years.
did you state that your answer was simply an opinion or a belief?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Saved from Hell:
Parodite wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:It doesn't look like we'll lose to the Clinton menace.
Way too early to tell. Now is the smear poo-in-the-face phase and how people appear in the media. Although Americans love show time and free wrestle matches.. the closer they get to the moment that the Dems and Reps have to vote for their final candidate.. they will demand more substance.. right? I do hope that with you.

At that point his GOP competitors will start to point to Trumps lack of substance, that there are no detailed and official plans to be sold.. they just need to refer to his wind bag website to make their point. That a future POTUS needs to understand the complexities and challenges ahead.. and show he has some intelligent and informed ideas about them all. That he has a program and makes some promises to his voters that they can check him out on afterwards. I can't imagine the US voters will, in the end, just give a blank check to a flamboyant billionaire who is only able to score points on media presence.

Unless.. of course, they are too desperate and fed up with the standard Rep-Dem government gangs.. and just want to choose somebody like him because anything is better. Even a windbag.
Deep down I'm very superficial
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Whatever you think about that does nothing to erase your false statements. I didn't put false words in your mouth. I simply didn't do that. In fact I didn't do anything false. You won't even be able to explain what I lied about. Because I didn't lie. OTOH you spoke falsely.
Did you understand my original question or not?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Maybe maybe not.
That's not an answer. Did you understand my original question or not?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enough.

I have better things to do than spend my little free time cleaning up this mess.

Behave.

Mr. P receives a time out for the rest of the weekend.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

DT: Windbag or brilliant mole?

Post by Parodite »

So either DT is a windbag, an old school oligarch without a program for the US.. or a brilliant lone-wolf mole.

To give him the benefit of the doubt.. is he conspiring to crack the establishment? It is possible..

1. He made sure to corner the GOP and become its headache. The threat of going independent is understood. The harder the GOP screams about him, the more popular he gets. It is working. He would steal enough votes away from the GOP to make it a final contest between him and Hillary Menace Clinton as an independent.

2. His website. Why is it empty? It is on purpose and out of necessity. Anything of serious content he would write there will be used against him by his GOP competitors. Talking content should be avoided for as long as possible. Only when the GOP has been sidelined and he is facing Hillary Menace Clinton.. will he go into full attack mode; on what the Democrats have done to America. That will be his main sales pitch.

3. As for his own plans with the USA during the final battle against Hillary Menace Clinton, he will keep it simple so that every American can understand it. He doesn't like wars abroad and will want to protect US jobs and boost production at home. Introduce sales tax making the case for it as the least damaging tax system to the economy compared with income tax and consumer tax. Make a shift in that direction.

4. To keep the masses quiet he will increase taxes for the rich filthy-rich few. He will also put on the agenda reforming the system of legalized bribery by corporate interest groups and their political friends. He knows he can't win it.. but will put it on the agenda still to silence his critics. And... he doesn't want to get killed for changing the system in a way that would be very costly to some very rich people and big corp. As everywhere else, people are willing to kill for big money, prevent the loss thereof. Or receiving other threats, be blackmailed over things. It is unlikely DT has no secrets, corpses hidden in some sealed closets. So his aspirations there are heavily curtailed.. but he can always say "he is working on it", that the opposing forces are huge. Even though he is very rich, it is his money against much much more money and the many people with vested interests in the status quo. By definition he cannot win that. So he will manage to leave it alone.

5. He starts repealing Obamacare.. but will point out that such a huge operation needs time and that the alternative needs to be worked out in detail first. This will be a mega-project that will never come to fruition during his presidency; the political ramifications and opposition will make repealing Obamacare something that will never happen during his presidency.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Trump interviewed by CNNs Anderson. To me quite revealing.

PWGNlu8Zv0E
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Or a Clinton mole.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Or a Clinton mole.
Yes one would almost think so, but I don't believe that. I think he really wants to become the GOP to face-off Clinton. His threat of going independent is really brilliant. He reminded Anderson (read: his GOP audience) that had Perot not run as an independent.. "nobody would have ever heard of the name Clinton". So better not make him go independent he tells his GOP audience! "There are soooo many people who ask me if I go independent.. who want me to go independent..." lol.. is the stark reminder to the GOP that they better support him become the GOP candidate in the finals! Or else...

I suppose that if indeed he would go independent in the end.. and the GOP looses because of that from the Clinton's as with Perot... he will never be welcome again in the GOP. He is playing a high ball game and positioned himself in the perfect position.

I now also believe that his remarks about the bribery business between corp and politics is very bad for the USA.. are genuine, honest. He said it on more than one occasion. Anderson questioning him about it and asking if that is not hypocrit given the fact that he himself has been doing just that with both Dems and Reps... he plays another hard to beat trump card: "that is what you do as a business.. everybody does it.. if you wanna get anywhere."

His message and reasoning there is like: "If you want to do something about it without being hypocritical.. you won't have the money nor the political inroads to change it so you loose anyways. I played the game as everybody does and within the law as it is, it made me loads of money and gave me the political inroads and friends both on the Rep and Dem parties. That is why I can and plan to do something about it and nobody else can. This system is bad for our country and I want to change it." I think such sales pitch will sell.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: DT: Windbag or brilliant mole?

Parodite wrote:So either DT is a windbag, an old school oligarch without a program for the US.. or a brilliant lone-wolf mole.
Or a street fighter and primitive- I'd start there, personally, before jumping down the oligarchy hole.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Parodite wrote:So either DT is a windbag, an old school oligarch without a program for the US.. or a brilliant lone-wolf mole.
Or a street fighter and primitive- I'd start there, personally, before jumping down the oligarchy hole.
Been watching some more videos with interviews, speeches. Will not define him as an old school oligarch now. Yes he has a street fighter mentality and loves to create business and make loads of money - no news. But he thinks that business and politics should not be intertwined as they are, even though he himself paid for favors himself from Dems and Reps as a business man. I believe this to be a genuine opinion of his. What he will do about it and how... is of course the next obvious question, maybe some journalist will drill him over it one day.

One can see journalists love this guy. Not the usual predictable platitudes from Rep and Dem candidates, the rehearsed or queued texts. Their job is suddenly much less boring. He stirs the pot. There is discussion.

Some bits and fun bytes:

Asked by Anderson Cooper about faith, religion. DT is a Presbyterian. Best fun byte so far: :D (Somewhat "rephrased")

AC: "Do you make mistakes? Means repentance anything to you? "
DT: "Well.. I try not to make mistakes. That is much more important than repenting over mistakes I didn't make!" :lol:

On ISIS:

DT: "Bomb their oil fields.. that will bring them down. Chop off the head of the snake. Then bring in Exxon and others to restart the oil fields and protect them with circles of armed forces. Make good money from it and send millions of dollars to our war veterans who payed dearly for that stupid war of GW Bush and are now left in the cold and miserable."

On Putin:

DT: "I can make good deals with Putin and be on friendly terms with him. I have no doubts about it. Obama is not able to do that. Obama doesn't like Putin, and Putin has no respect whatsover for Obama. Nobody likes Obama!"
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:On ISIS:

DT: "Bomb their oil fields.. that will bring them down. Chop off the head of the snake. Then bring in Exxon and others to restart the oil fields and protect them with circles of armed forces. Make good money from it and send millions of dollars to our war veterans who payed dearly for that stupid war of GW Bush and are now left in the cold and miserable."
He doesn't even mention the Iraqis or Syrians. :roll:
On Putin:

DT: "I can make good deals with Putin and be on friendly terms with him. I have no doubts about it. Obama is not able to do that. Obama doesn't like Putin, and Putin has no respect whatsover for Obama. Nobody likes Obama!"
As the Iran deal showed, there's a difference between a good deal and a palatable one.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:2. His website. Why is it empty? It is on purpose and out of necessity. Anything of serious content he would write there will be used against him by his GOP competitors. Talking content should be avoided for as long as possible. Only when the GOP has been sidelined and he is facing Hillary Menace Clinton.. will he go into full attack mode; on what the Democrats have done to America. That will be his main sales pitch.
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Shortly after Donald Trump's helicopter touched down in Des Moines on Saturday, a reporter asked him a question about his policies. Trump told her to watch Sunday's "Meet the Press," when he would present a "very comprehensive" plan for immigration. That would be followed in a few days by a policy on taxes ("Who knows the system better than me?") and then others, one after the next.

Good, the reporter said, because "a lot of voters are saying that they really want to see your policies now." For which Trump had a remarkable response.

"Well, I think the press is more eager to see it than the voters, to be honest," he said. "I think the voters like me, they understand me, they know I'm going to do the job."

Trump added: "You know, when you put out policy, like a 14-point plan? A lot of times in the first hour of negotiation, that 14-point plan goes astray, but you may end up with a better deal. That's the way it works. That's the way really life works. When I do a deal, I don't say, 'Oh, here's 14 points.' I got out and do it. I don't sit down and talk about 14 points."

"But I know the press wants it," he continued. "I don't think the people care. I think they trust me. I think they know I'm going to make good deals for them."

There's an enormous amount of insight in that statement, about both Trump and about politics.