The Donald....the newest savior.....

Doc

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by Doc »

Donald Trump Is Shocking, Vulgar and Right

And, my dear fellow Republicans, he's all your fault.

By Tucker Carlson

1/28/2016
160128_carlson_mahaskey.jpg

M. Scott Mahaskey/POLITICO

About 15 years ago, I said something nasty on CNN about Donald Trump’s hair. I can’t now remember the context, assuming there was one. In any case, Trump saw it and left a message the next day.

“It’s true you have better hair than I do,” Trump said matter-of-factly. “But I get more pussy than you do.” Click.

At the time, I’d never met Trump and I remember feeling amused but also surprised he’d say something like that. Now the pattern seems entirely familiar. The message had all the hallmarks of a Trump attack: shocking, vulgar and indisputably true.

Not everyone finds it funny. On my street in Northwest Washington, D.C., there’s never been anyone as unpopular as Trump. The Democrats assume he’s a bigot, pandering to the morons out there in the great dark space between Georgetown and Brentwood. The Republicans (those relatively few who live here) fully agree with that assessment, and they hate him even more. They sense Trump is a threat to them personally, to their legitimacy and their livelihoods. Idi Amin would get a warmer reception in our dog park.

I understand it of course. And, except in those moments when the self-righteous silliness of rich people overwhelms me and I feel like moving to Maine, I can see their points, some of them anyway. Trump might not be my first choice for president. I’m not even convinced he really wants the job. He’s smart enough to know it would be tough for him to govern.

But just because Trump is an imperfect candidate doesn’t mean his candidacy can’t be instructive. Trump could teach Republicans in Washington a lot if only they stopped posturing long enough to watch carefully. Here’s some of what they might learn:

He Exists Because You Failed

American presidential elections usually amount to a series of overcorrections: Clinton begat Bush, who produced Obama, whose lax border policies fueled the rise of Trump. In the case of Trump, though, the GOP shares the blame, and not just because his fellow Republicans misdirected their ad buys or waited so long to criticize him. Trump is in part a reaction to the intellectual corruption of the Republican Party. That ought to be obvious to his critics, yet somehow it isn’t.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ght-213572
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

4Z3z7DvoA-M

:lol: :lol: - funny

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Great column. Tucker nailed it. I wanted to re-post about 5 paragraphs. thanks for posting Doc.
Ya gotta love a rich rednecks who can beat one to death with their own personal bullshit they love to spout.
Doc wrote: Donald Trump Is Shocking, Vulgar and Right

And, my dear fellow Republicans, he's all your fault.

By Tucker Carlson

1/28/2016
160128_carlson_mahaskey.jpg

M. Scott Mahaskey/POLITICO

“It’s true you have better hair than I do,” Trump said matter-of-factly. “But I get more pussy than you do.” Click.
That..... is why people like him. Give him a bowl of shite, tell him it's chocolate pudding, and he's not afraid to say "this is shite!"

Doc wrote: But just because Trump is an imperfect candidate doesn’t mean his candidacy can’t be instructive. Trump could teach Republicans in Washington a lot if only they stopped posturing long enough to watch carefully. Here’s some of what they might learn:

He Exists Because You Failed

American presidential elections usually amount to a series of overcorrections: Clinton begat Bush, who produced Obama, whose lax border policies fueled the rise of Trump. In the case of Trump, though, the GOP shares the blame, and not just because his fellow Republicans misdirected their ad buys or waited so long to criticize him. Trump is in part a reaction to the intellectual corruption of the Republican Party. That ought to be obvious to his critics, yet somehow it isn’t.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ght-213572
Trump is a continuation of "change you can believe in," the Tea Party, and OWS. Seems strange people can't see that.

The promise of info age tech was to devolve power from few big units into many smaller units. As always, the public sector responds slower that the private sector.

The cats are de-herding. :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Talking to a buddy yesterday. He said "If Trump wins, I'll bet he only stays in the Whitehouse for a year or two and then quits."

I think he may be right. It has to be hard to adjust to the reduced mobility POTUS has to endure.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Trump reminds me of Edwin Edwards. Also Rush. US voters are easily impressed by confidence and wit.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Trump reminds me of Edwin Edwards. Also Rush. US voters are easily impressed by confidence and wit.
No Sh*t

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c1 ... um=twitter
APNewsBreak: US declares 22 Clinton emails 'top secret'

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration confirmed for the first time Friday that Hillary Clinton's unsecured home server contained closely guarded government secrets, censoring 22 emails with material requiring one of the highest levels of classification. The revelation comes just three days before the Iowa presidential nominating caucuses in which Clinton is a candidate.

Department officials also said the agency's Diplomatic Security and Intelligence and Research bureaus will investigate whether any of the information was classified at the time of transmission, going to the heart of one of Clinton's primary defenses of her email practices.

The State Department will release its next batch of emails from Clinton's time as secretary of state later Friday.

But The Associated Press learned seven email chains are being withheld in full from the Friday release because they contain information deemed to be "top secret." The 37 pages include messages recently described by a key intelligence official as concerning so-called "special access programs" — a highly restricted subset of classified material that could point to confidential sources or clandestine programs like drone strikes or government eavesdropping.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Donald Trump saves Sweden !!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/sweden- ... t-illegals
Scandinavia Embraces Trump Eviction Plan: Sweden to Deport 80,00 Migrants, Finland to Deport 20,000 Migrants

Jim Hoft Jan 29th, 2016 11:26 pm Leave a Comment
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

How Both Parties Lost the White Middle Class

If these candidates have traction, it’s because over the last two decades our political elites, themselves almost entirely white, have decided, for different reasons, that the white middle class has no role to play in the multicultural, globalized future they envision, a future that they believe they will run. This primary season will show us whether or not they’re right.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Oh, wait . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:Talking to a buddy yesterday. He said "If Trump wins, I'll bet he only stays in the Whitehouse for a year or two and then quits."

I think he may be right. It has to be hard to adjust to the reduced mobility POTUS has to endure.
You underestimate the allure of being star of the ultimate reality show of all time.
Censorship isn't necessary
noddy

Post by noddy »

only if he embraces the party machinery and they embrace him, otherwise it will be a short and volatile experience.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No.
YMix

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote:only if he embraces the party machinery and they embrace him, otherwise it will be a short and volatile experience.
Also known as a Carter.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump is not Carter.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Trump is not Carter.
More importantly, neither the USA nor the World are anywhere near where they were 40 years ago.

If Trump is elected, he will probably be in a position to strike deals with a large part of the Republican establishment, who are seeing him as a brilliant publicist but also a lone man, in need of "advice". However, part of the Rep establishment will be all agaisnt him - and may quietly join forces with the other establishment to block Trump at Congress.

Incidentally, Sanders if he was elected would probably have the same problem.

I'm not saying it would be insurmountable. What I think is that a Trump president would probably need to strike deals also with some Dem congressmen and senators on some topics. He would get support for his reforms not from Reps only, and not from all Reps.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Not really. Trump doesn't like the establishment and wouldn't need them if he won. You guys don't know Trump. I've been following Trump since the 80's. Trump beats people and throws them over the bridge and erases their names from history. If he wins without their help (they will not help him so if he wins it will be without their help), he will get rid of them all. In the resulting vacuum the GOP Congress will fall in line.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Talking to a buddy yesterday. He said "If Trump wins, I'll bet he only stays in the Whitehouse for a year or two and then quits."

You underestimate the allure of being star of the ultimate reality show of all time.
You may be right. Some people live for the spotlight. Not having been famous myself, I don't understand the allure.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Not really. Trump doesn't like the establishment and wouldn't need them if he won. You guys don't know Trump. I've been following Trump since the 80's. Trump beats people and throws them over the bridge and erases their names from history. If he wins without their help (they will not help him so if he wins it will be without their help), he will get rid of them all. In the resulting vacuum the GOP Congress will fall in line.
And a crybaby if things don't go his way:

Reason | Donald Trump's Post-Iowa Twitter Meltdown
If you can't be a winner, be a whiner.
In a series of tweets this morning, Donald Trump is insisting that Ted Cruz [illegally*] stole the Iowa caucuses and demanding a do-over.
6bAPlojfgO0

*As opposed to legally?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I don't think you understand the primary process.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Trumpy is a sore loser.

Back in the real world, Rubio is looking good.

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:Folks,

Trumpy is a sore loser.

Alex.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... picks=true

Rubio's Surge Is a Triumph for Trumpism

The Florida senator delivered a surprisingly strong finish in Iowa by embracing the frontrunner’s rhetoric.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I don't think you understand the primary process.
Thank you for your concern, Captain Obvious, however, I and the rest of the posters here understand the Iowa result is not make or break.

I'm simply having a few laughs at a crybaby clown's expense.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

manolo wrote:Folks,

Trumpy is a sore loser.

Alex.
Rubio is a Reagan clone and the most conservative "establishment" candidate in our history.

Looking like this is the last year the Democrats will ever run a candidate.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Thank you for your concern, Captain Obvious, however, I and the rest of the posters here understand the Iowa result is not make or break.
No, it is not obvious that is what is understood. NH is the only one among you who seems to understand the process.
I'm simply having a few laughs at a crybaby clown's expense.
The last laugh is the only one that matters.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

You may be right. Some people live for the spotlight. Not having been famous myself, I don't understand the allure.
I am right. I'm always right.