The Donald....the newest savior.....

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Rubio is a Reagan clone.
Didn't know a Democratic Senator kicked Reagan's teeth in as well.

Rubio hasn't the private sector experience of Reagan.

He has never governed anything in his life. And his personal life has a mess of issues that don't comport to Reagan either.

You could say that he is the anti-Reagan; the bizarro Gipper...and the only thing they share in common is a vague notion of American conservatism. (Something three decades apart in outlook)

But of course, that doesn't fuel the car, and Rubio has shewed that'll he's willing to give that up on a whim.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
manolo wrote:Folks,

Trumpy is a sore loser.

Back in the real world, Rubio is looking good.

Alex.
Rubio is a Reagan clone and the most conservative "establishment" candidate in our history.
Mr P,

I like Rubio's plan to raise personal taxes on those earning over $150,000 per year.

https://marcorubio.com/issues-2/rubio-tax-plan/

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

manolo wrote: Mr P,

I like Rubio's plan to raise personal taxes on those earning over $150,000 per year.

https://marcorubio.com/issues-2/rubio-tax-plan/

Alex.
I don't think you read that article.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Didn't know a Democratic Senator kicked Reagan's teeth in as well.

Rubio hasn't the private sector experience of Reagan.

He has never governed anything in his life. And his personal life has a mess of issues that don't comport to Reagan either.

You could say that he is the anti-Reagan; the bizarro Gipper...and the only thing they share in common is a vague notion of American conservatism. (Something three decades apart in outlook)

But of course, that doesn't fuel the car, and Rubio has shewed that'll he's willing to give that up on a whim.
It goes without saying that no 2 people are exactly the same in every dot of their life. That goes without saying of course.

He is a clone of Reagan in ideology. Even Limbow is saying so.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Talking to a buddy yesterday. He said "If Trump wins, I'll bet he only stays in the Whitehouse for a year or two and then quits."

I think he may be right. It has to be hard to adjust to the reduced mobility POTUS has to endure.
You underestimate the allure of being star of the ultimate reality show of all time.
You may be right. Some people live for the spotlight. Not having been famous myself, I don't understand the allure.
I am right. I'm always right.
That's why we keep you around. For the comic relief.

Quality clowns are rarely free. Thank you for your volunteer community service.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/?p=9005

a few snipets:

The presidency is not a priesthood. And Trump is about as sinful or saintly as many who have run for it — and held it — in the present and past.

Rather than demonize Trump as an aberrant figure in the long history of American politics ... — we should wonder why he is so popular and listen to those who support him.

The answer is fairly simple and hinges on two considerations. One, in stylistic terms, Trump is blunt, energetic, a member of the elite openly contemptuous of the elite and the politically correct..... He plays by no campaign or media rules in an age when one out of two voters thinks such rules are constructs set up by careerists. Trump took the idea of a hypocritical limousine liberal and turned it on its head: He claims to be everyman’s elite champion, who has the tools and who knows best how to smash elites.

In this age, half the country wants someone — apparently anyone, even a Manhattanized former Democrat, real-estate barker, and former reality-TV host — to express their contempt for a corrupt and hypocritical government culture. Too many people are tired not just of illegal immigration, but of the enablers of illegal immigration, who smear as racists and xenophobes those who just want existing laws enforced, while the enablers predicate their own agendas on racist assumptions and ethnic chauvinism.

Forget Trump and consider instead Trump’s constituencies. They are weary of being lectured that they deserve presidential rebuke for their supposed Islamophobia because they are angry about the terrorist killings of Americans. The middle classes are exhausted from being sermonized that they do not “pay their fair share,” when their state and federal tax bite is nearly 50 percent — especially when half the population pays no income tax, and massive federal entitlements have done little to address the pathologies of the underclasses. The contractor and the insurance salesman are furious at being scolded that “they didn’t build” their businesses, when those doing the scolding are pampered elites like Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama, who never built anything other than grievance careers.

Trump has done the Republican party lots of damage, but he has also done it some good by reminding its leaders that victory lies in swinging a ball and chain through the flimsy glass mirror of political correctness and the current liberal spectacle of very wealthy people projecting race and class injustice onto others as a way of excusing their own privilege.

Far better than ridiculing Trump as a showboat would be to show more constructive passion than does Trump and to discover what makes sane citizens see him as their last resort. Rather than dismissing his empty populism, it would be wiser to fill it in.

Respect and listen to and learn from Trump voters — and they will not vote for Trump.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Jimmy Carter :
I would choose Donald Trump over Ted Cruz

Former President Jimmy Carter told the British Parliament on Wednesday that if he had to choose between Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, he'd prefer to see Trump win the White House.

"I think I would choose Trump," the liberal former president said to the House of Lords, when asked about the U.S. presidential race, "which may surprise some of you, but the reason is Trump has proven already that he's completely malleable. I don't think he has any fixed opinions that he would really go to the White House and fight for."

By contrast, Mr. Carter said, "Ted Cruz is not malleable. He has far right-wing policies, in my opinion, that would be pursued aggressively if and when he would become president."

seconded

Even worst is Rubio .. promoted and backed by a "used car dealer" in Miami :lol:

What a disaster

Sanders only chance for our beloved America

Hillary same rubbish as Bill.

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/?p=9005

a few snipets:

The presidency is not a priesthood. And Trump is about as sinful or saintly as many who have run for it — and held it — in the present and past.

Rather than demonize Trump as an aberrant figure in the long history of American politics ... — we should wonder why he is so popular and listen to those who support him.

The answer is fairly simple and hinges on two considerations. One, in stylistic terms, Trump is blunt, energetic, a member of the elite openly contemptuous of the elite and the politically correct..... He plays by no campaign or media rules in an age when one out of two voters thinks such rules are constructs set up by careerists. Trump took the idea of a hypocritical limousine liberal and turned it on its head: He claims to be everyman’s elite champion, who has the tools and who knows best how to smash elites.

In this age, half the country wants someone — apparently anyone, even a Manhattanized former Democrat, real-estate barker, and former reality-TV host — to express their contempt for a corrupt and hypocritical government culture. Too many people are tired not just of illegal immigration, but of the enablers of illegal immigration, who smear as racists and xenophobes those who just want existing laws enforced, while the enablers predicate their own agendas on racist assumptions and ethnic chauvinism.

Forget Trump and consider instead Trump’s constituencies. They are weary of being lectured that they deserve presidential rebuke for their supposed Islamophobia because they are angry about the terrorist killings of Americans. The middle classes are exhausted from being sermonized that they do not “pay their fair share,” when their state and federal tax bite is nearly 50 percent — especially when half the population pays no income tax, and massive federal entitlements have done little to address the pathologies of the underclasses. The contractor and the insurance salesman are furious at being scolded that “they didn’t build” their businesses, when those doing the scolding are pampered elites like Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama, who never built anything other than grievance careers.

Trump has done the Republican party lots of damage, but he has also done it some good by reminding its leaders that victory lies in swinging a ball and chain through the flimsy glass mirror of political correctness and the current liberal spectacle of very wealthy people projecting race and class injustice onto others as a way of excusing their own privilege.

Far better than ridiculing Trump as a showboat would be to show more constructive passion than does Trump and to discover what makes sane citizens see him as their last resort. Rather than dismissing his empty populism, it would be wiser to fill it in.

Respect and listen to and learn from Trump voters — and they will not vote for Trump.
Meanwhile in a galaxy far far away....

DdCYMvaUcrA
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:

DdCYMvaUcrA
I just heard this clip this morning, and LMAO. Turn the volume up, and you can hear a sighful breath, just before "Please clap."

This just might be a brilliant tactic, America is the land of "I am a victim"........

"Vote for me cause I'm pitiful....." just might win the day. :D
Brecher

Post by Brecher »

Trump will get nominated.

He's ahead nationally, in New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Iowa is weird. Santorum won there. Huckabee won there.

Rubio might win a few states, especially Florida; but he won't be the nominee. Neither will Cruz.

I hope Bush stays in as long as possible. Tearing apart his competitors will be a great finish to the Bush family legacy. He probably won't win a single state.

Like Carter, I would prefer Trump to Cruz. Cruz is a nasty piece of work. Trump is a bit of a show-off. So what.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Simple Minded wrote:
SM,

I have been thinking the same thing about Bernie Sanders.

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

DdCYMvaUcrA
I just heard this clip this morning, and LMAO. Turn the volume up, and you can hear a sighful breath, just before "Please clap."

This just might be a brilliant tactic, America is the land of "I am a victim"........

Better:
"Lets Make Americans Quiet Again"
Last edited by Doc on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
SM,

I have been thinking the same thing about Bernie Sanders.

Alex.
Alex,

Actually, you are quoting VDH, not me.

But it is not hard to understand, Trump/Bernie popularity is simply disgruntlement with the status quo. Their current popularity is an extension of the past popularity of W, Obama, Palin, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, etc.

The notion of Obama/Bush/Reagan/JFK/FDR, or etc. as the greatest president in history is not believed by a very large percentage of the US population.

This is America. We love candidates and hate incumbents! "We want f**king magic, f**king now!! You can't deliver, you're dead to me. Send in the next newest, chic magician!"

If I were Bernie, my slogan would be "Change you really can believe in..... this time..... really!"
If I were Hilary, my slogan would be "I got schlonged by the only two black presidents in US history!"

Hilary is in a tough spot, tied to the current administration (incompetent insider), and wants to play the role of strong woman and victim at the same time. Not easy to do.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

DdCYMvaUcrA

Better: "Make Americans Quiet Again"
At least if Bush wins, we don't have to be concerned with Obama/Trump like Third World Cult of Personality phenomena......
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

DdCYMvaUcrA

Better: "Make Americans Quiet Again"
At least if Bush wins, we don't have to be concerned with Obama/Trump like Third World Cult of Personality phenomena......
Bush is nothing more than cannon fodder for progressives to aim at. He doesn't even know how to play the game. "E" is no "Dubya".
Heracleum Persicum

JB259lgEorA
Heracleum Persicum

Trump’s Support Keeps Growing

Trump and Sanders are "anti establishment revolt"

Hillary and Jeb did not realize this early enough

Hillary, Bill Clinton and later Madeleine Albright campaigning for Hillary, both symbol of "Déjà vu" failed (morally and financially corrupt) policies which now Joe is revolting against, show, neither Hillary nor Jeb realizing the wind shift overrunning our beloved America.

Jeb calling Trump a "jerk" shows how (politically) illiterate he is .. still in foolin Joe mode.

Alexis

The Trump Scenarios

Post by Alexis »

They are many. To wit:

Loki, that is the buffoon of a president, not on purpose but out of his very nature and style, who would end up playing a great historical role by demonstrating in the eyes of the World, and first of all in the eyes of Americans themselves, that the "System", meaning before all the American government and the hegemonic ideology... have totally stopped being serious :)

The persecutor of scapegoats, who would succeed in genuinely and durably arousing the American people against Mexicans / Chinese / Muslims / more generally the Others. Not in the way of "I'm telling something rash to get more media exposure, but in fact I propose and I apply something relatively moderate and above all which makes sense" - which is how I personally understand Trump. More in the way of a structural rush to use scapegoating of groups as a way to prop up presidential approval polls

The prisoner of "System", who would fail to put Congress behind him enough to have his laws approved - even though he did write a book about deal striking, and even though good Congressmen and Senators would have had with Trump's election an unambiguous proof that Americans did want change and were ready to punish the lukewarm and the systemic. Somebody who would be progressively put under control by well-connected people ("We will help you, Mr President!") and reduced to be a rather usual president

The tragically stricken Darling of the People, after his assassination by a madman, himself assassinated the same day by another madman who committed suicide just afterwards. Replaced by the low energy yes-man he had chosen as vice-president, who very quickly found himself taken under control... sorry I mean advised by seasoned and sensible people, experienced politicians who would be able to, let's say, keep it like it should be

... and even Good & Effective president Trump, who succeeded at the same time
- stopping then reversing the country's de-industrialization and the collapse of the middle class thanks to his mercantilist and more than a tad bit protectionist policy
- reforming campaign financing and limiting the power of the super-rich class on the country
- limiting immigration to a more manageable level
- pacify the country's foreign policy, for he was crystal clear that neither Ukraine, nor Syria, nor South China Sea were among vital interests of the USA, and he refused just as much starting useless wars than letting America being agressed
A president who elicited more mockery than Ronald Reagan in his time, and yet exerted a large influence both at home and abroad. His style was soon to be copied in more than one country, especially in Europe

I'm certainly forgetting other scenarios.

Anyway, see you in next January for his oath taking, and we'll know more :mrgreen: !

By the way, one more scenario. Maybe after his taking oath, The Donald will transform? :lol:

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Trump Scenarios

Alexis wrote:They are many. To wit:
This is a very active imagination but I do not really see the mixed results/boondoggle scenario presented.

"All his deals are HUGE. And he'll get "stuff" done. But only half of it has the desired effect, leaving his supporters more confused than before he took office. The opposition attempts to claim total victory on his 'unbelievable failure', which doesn't sell quite well; but there isn't much juice for Trump or the Trump supporters to solider on, and Trump retreats and becomes a curiousity after his first term while the world keeps spinning."
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:They are many. To wit:.....
:lol: Thanks Alexis!

that's why "we" always vote for the candidte with the most mojo!
noddy

Post by noddy »

all the good pagans know you dont get the new odin until loki has finished.

is that optimism or pessimism, its so hard to tell now.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:

Mr. Mojo Rising ran for POTUS?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

yeah, in the 90s- remember when the lizard king was in office? :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

pretty sure 'Mojo Rising" was the Secret Service code name for Bill Clinton.
NapLajoieonSteroids

An image of our glorious future? :D