The Donald....the newest savior.....

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Doc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:49 pm

manolo wrote:
Doc wrote: But I can tell you that Trump's support is because people are tired of Washington ignoring what they are saying.


Doc,

I can see how that one will end.

Alex.


I seem to have misplaced my cereal box decoder ring. Could you to decrypt that statement?
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Doc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

If Trump succeeds in destroying
the Republican Party of Karl Rove and Sheldon Adelson and the whole coppice of Bushes
then he’ll merit a “Citizen Kane” of his own.




’Tis bizarre that the hopes of so many decent American patriots repose in this celebrity deal-maker, but this is what we are left with after the collapse of the mystifying campaigns of Jim Webb and Rand Paul, the men who ought to have been appealing to those Trump voters.




Does our beloved America not have better than Hillary or Jeb or Donald ? ? ?


.


They have me But I am not running for POTUS and if nominated I will not accept the nomination. :D
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Heracleum Persicum » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:34 pm

.


Biden
"Yes, I think it's possible,''




Joe Biden: 'It's possible' Donald Trump could be the next president



.
User avatar
Heracleum Persicum
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby kmich » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm

User avatar
kmich
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:46 am

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Heracleum Persicum » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:39 pm

.


Pat Buchanan to GOP :
Support Trump Now or Lose to Hillary




Veteran conservative voice Patrick Buchanan issued a stern warning to the Republican Party on Thursday: Throw your weight behind GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump now — or prepare to lose next year’s election to Hillary Clinton.

..

"Somebody's got to tell the Republican Party, look, everybody's advising you how you get rid of Trump, but you destroy him, you destroy his issues or you deny his issues and arguments, where do you think those people are going to go? They're going to stay home," Buchanan said on "Newsmax Prime" with J.D. Hayworth.

.



.
User avatar
Heracleum Persicum
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Doc » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 am

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.


Pat Buchanan to GOP :
Support Trump Now or Lose to Hillary




Veteran conservative voice Patrick Buchanan issued a stern warning to the Republican Party on Thursday: Throw your weight behind GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump now — or prepare to lose next year’s election to Hillary Clinton.

..

"Somebody's got to tell the Republican Party, look, everybody's advising you how you get rid of Trump, but you destroy him, you destroy his issues or you deny his issues and arguments, where do you think those people are going to go? They're going to stay home," Buchanan said on "Newsmax Prime" with J.D. Hayworth.

.



.


Its down to Trump or Cruz on the republican side. It a race to see who loses by being declared the "Establishment candidate"
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Doc wrote:Its down to Trump or Cruz on the republican side. It a race to see who loses by being declared the "Establishment candidate"


You might be right about that. But I'm not seeing what that kind of moniker will do to help in a general election.

It's not like the media is going to sit there and call the winner a maverick every five seconds like a certain Senator....
User avatar
NapLajoieonSteroids
 
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Doc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:13 am

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Doc wrote:Its down to Trump or Cruz on the republican side. It a race to see who loses by being declared the "Establishment candidate"


You might be right about that. But I'm not seeing what that kind of moniker will do to help in a general election.

It's not like the media is going to sit there and call the winner a maverick every five seconds like a certain Senator....


Why not? If Tom Cruise can be "Maverick" Why can't Ted Cruz?
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:45 am

Ahh, I remember the days when the MSM used to gush over Republicans bucking their party.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 13631
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Doc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 am

They still do. Now its the party establishment bucking the party.
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Doc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Question: Is the woman in the debate a democrat or Republican?

The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Heracleum Persicum » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Doc wrote:Question: Is the woman in the debate a democrat or Republican?





:lol: :lol: , funny this Brits


Missing those old British movies, they were really the best .. now, only rubbish comes out of HollyWood or Zionist faking (fact of) history.






.
User avatar
Heracleum Persicum
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Typhoon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:19 pm

So Trump is now advocating state oversight and control of the economy.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... n-the-u-s-

And people call Bernie a socialist . . . :lol:
All the world's a stage.
User avatar
Typhoon
 
Posts: 14732
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby YMix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Typhoon wrote:So Trump is now advocating state oversight and control of the economy.


He's been doing that for a while. Glad to see the GOP base letting go of their free market fundamentalism.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
User avatar
YMix
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 am
Location: Department of Congruity - Report any outliers here

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Heracleum Persicum » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 pm

.


http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... l-francis/


http://theweek.com/articles/599577/how- ... paign-1996



There are a number of Americans who are losers from a process of economic globalization that enriches a transnational global elite. These Middle Americans see jobs disappearing to Asia and increased competition from immigrants. Most of them feel threatened by cultural liberalism, at least the type that sees Middle Americans as loathsome white bigots. But they are also threatened by conservatives who would take away their Medicare, hand their Social Security earnings to fund-managers in Connecticut, and cut off their unemployment too.

..

The political left treats this as a made-up problem, a scapegoating by Applebee’s-eating, megachurch rubes who think they are losing their “jerbs.” Remember, Republicans and Democrats have still been getting elected all this time.

But the response of the predominantly-white class that Francis was writing about has mostly been one of personal despair. And thus we see them dying in middle age of drug overdose, alcoholism, or obesity at rates that far outpace those of even poorer blacks and Hispanics. Their rate of suicide is sky high too. Living in Washington D.C., however, with an endless two decade real-estate boom, and a free-lunch economy paid for by special interests, most of the people in the conservative movement hardly know that some Americans think America needs to be made great again.




.
User avatar
Heracleum Persicum
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby YMix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:25 pm

The political left treats this as a made-up problem, a scapegoating by Applebee's-eating, megachurch rubes who think they are losing their "jerbs."


I'm not sure that's the political left. Sounds to me more like the post-Carter pro-business Democratic establishment and its hangers-on.

The huge infrastructure of the conservative movement in Washington D.C. is aghast at Trump, and calls him an economic illiterate for threatening China with tariffs. They can't understand that this is not primarily an economic measure, but a nationalist one.


Europe, here we come! Hello, Central and South America! :lol:

It's a signal to voters that one man is here to fight for them, not to school-marmishly tell them that capitalism is helping them when in fact it manifestly helps others a lot more.


But... but... THE SACRED FREE MARKET! How dare you, peasants!? CRAB MENTALITY! :lol:

Some have seen that Trump is attracting the "radical middle" social base and taking on the Caesarist, almost Latin American-style populism that Francis recommended.


Mr. Perfect is going to have a heart attack. :twisted:

What is so crucial to Trump's success, even within the Republican Party, is his almost total ditching of conservatism as a governing philosophy.


Oh, my! :lol:
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
User avatar
YMix
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 am
Location: Department of Congruity - Report any outliers here

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Trump's position is no more surprising or hypocritical than demanding emergency surgery on an unconscious, bleeding patient. Trump is demanding battlefield surgery for a severely wounded economic system, not maiming a heathy and hearty one.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
User avatar
Nonc Hilaire
 
Posts: 3997
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:28 am

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby YMix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives


Rallying them around the guy who is throwing conservatism out the window.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
User avatar
YMix
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 am
Location: Department of Congruity - Report any outliers here

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Typhoon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:53 pm

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.


http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... l-francis/


http://theweek.com/articles/599577/how- ... paign-1996



There are a number of Americans who are losers from a process of economic globalization that enriches a transnational global elite. These Middle Americans see jobs disappearing to Asia and increased competition from immigrants. Most of them feel threatened by cultural liberalism, at least the type that sees Middle Americans as loathsome white bigots. But they are also threatened by conservatives who would take away their Medicare, hand their Social Security earnings to fund-managers in Connecticut, and cut off their unemployment too.

..

The political left treats this as a made-up problem, a scapegoating by Applebee’s-eating, megachurch rubes who think they are losing their “jerbs.” Remember, Republicans and Democrats have still been getting elected all this time.

But the response of the predominantly-white class that Francis was writing about has mostly been one of personal despair. And thus we see them dying in middle age of drug overdose, alcoholism, or obesity at rates that far outpace those of even poorer blacks and Hispanics. Their rate of suicide is sky high too. Living in Washington D.C., however, with an endless two decade real-estate boom, and a free-lunch economy paid for by special interests, most of the people in the conservative movement hardly know that some Americans think America needs to be made great again.




.



Brilliant.

The first intelligent and enlightening articles by pundits about the nature of the Trump candidacy that I`ve read.
Well done, HP.

Anecdote. I recall taking a train to visit a friend that passed by the giant steel plants near Gary, Indiana. What a sad sight, mile after mile of abandoned rusting factories. This was back in the day when every expert of note was predicting that Japan would own and run the world. I recall thinking that Japan should not be too smug as it might be Japan's turn one day.
All the world's a stage.
User avatar
Typhoon
 
Posts: 14732
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Heracleum Persicum » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 am

Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.


http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... l-francis/


http://theweek.com/articles/599577/how- ... paign-1996



There are a number of Americans who are losers from a process of economic globalization that enriches a transnational global elite. These Middle Americans see jobs disappearing to Asia and increased competition from immigrants. Most of them feel threatened by cultural liberalism, at least the type that sees Middle Americans as loathsome white bigots. But they are also threatened by conservatives who would take away their Medicare, hand their Social Security earnings to fund-managers in Connecticut, and cut off their unemployment too.

..

The political left treats this as a made-up problem, a scapegoating by Applebee’s-eating, megachurch rubes who think they are losing their “jerbs.” Remember, Republicans and Democrats have still been getting elected all this time.

But the response of the predominantly-white class that Francis was writing about has mostly been one of personal despair. And thus we see them dying in middle age of drug overdose, alcoholism, or obesity at rates that far outpace those of even poorer blacks and Hispanics. Their rate of suicide is sky high too. Living in Washington D.C., however, with an endless two decade real-estate boom, and a free-lunch economy paid for by special interests, most of the people in the conservative movement hardly know that some Americans think America needs to be made great again.




.



Brilliant.

The first intelligent and enlightening articles by pundits about the nature of the Trump candidacy that I`ve read.

Well done, HP.

Anecdote. I recall taking a train to visit a friend that passed by the giant steel plants near Gary, Indiana. What a sad sight, mile after mile of abandoned rusting factories. This was back in the day when every expert of note was predicting that Japan would own and run the world. I recall thinking that Japan should not be too smug as it might be Japan's turn one day.

.




From same link :

What so frightens the conservative movement about Trump’s success is that he reveals just how thin the support for their ideas really is. His campaign is a rebuke to their institutions. It says the Republican Party doesn’t need all these think tanks, all this supposed policy expertise. It says look at these people calling themselves libertarians and conservatives, the ones in tassel-loafers and bow ties. Have they made you more free? Have their endless policy papers and studies and books conserved anything for you? These people are worthless. They are defunct. You don’t need them, and you’re better off without them.

And the most frightening thing of all — as Francis’ advice shows — is that the underlying trend has been around for at least 20 years, just waiting for the right man to come along and take advantage.


Trump may not get the nomination, and if he does, he may not become the next president. But in light of Francis’s column, it’s hard to see how Republican politics ever really return to normal after Trump.



Good to read the article

.
User avatar
Heracleum Persicum
 
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:40 am

Rod Dreher. The Camille Paglia of "Conservatism". Funny stuff guys. I knew you were lo info but I didn't know it was this bad.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 13631
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Typhoon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:01 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:Rod Dreher. The Camille Paglia of "Conservatism". Funny stuff guys. I knew you were lo info but I didn't know it was this bad.



Having both read and met Paglia, who is something very rare in feminist circles - a keen observer and incisive thinker, that's quite a compliment you are making toward Deher.
All the world's a stage.
User avatar
Typhoon
 
Posts: 14732
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:25 am

Could be, but like Dreher she is more known for making her side angry. I would leave similarities there.

Everything in the Dreher piece was publicly examined, rebutted, and resolved by conservatives months ago. For 30 days that's all we talked about after Trump's breakout comments on illegals. The Dreher community apparently is just finding out about it now.

Lo info insularity.
Censorship isn't necessary
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 13631
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Typhoon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:12 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:Could be, but like Dreher she is more known for making her side angry. I would leave similarities there.


Paglia makes doctrinaire feminists angry for pointing
uncomfortable realities. Seems like Dreher does the same.

Everything in the Dreher piece was publicly examined, rebutted, and resolved by conservatives months ago. For 30 days that's all we talked about after Trump's breakout comments on illegals. The Dreher community apparently is just finding out about it now.

Lo info insularity.


Lo info insularity are such unsupported assertion posts.
So posts with some version of the “lo info” phrase will be deleted.
All the world's a stage.
User avatar
Typhoon
 
Posts: 14732
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Postby Typhoon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:26 am

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Could be, but like Dreher she is more known for making her side angry. I would leave similarities there.


Paglia makes doctrinaire feminists angry for pointing
uncomfortable realities. Seems like Dreher does the same.

Everything in the Dreher piece was publicly examined, rebutted, and resolved by conservatives months ago. For 30 days that's all we talked about after Trump's breakout comments on illegals. The Dreher community apparently is just finding out about it now.

Lo info insularity.


Lo info insularity are such unsupported assertion posts.
So posts with some version of the “lo info” phrase will be deleted.



However, it is amusing to see ypu supportimg a candidate whose economic policies would meet with Endo’s approval.
All the world's a stage.
User avatar
Typhoon
 
Posts: 14732
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to North America | Canada; USA; Mexico

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest