The Great Obama

Alexis

Somebody is speaking about me?

Post by Alexis »

YMix wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:So it's like asking for everyone to be shot.
<sigh> I know, I know.

YMix

Re: Obama makes plans to restart the cold war.

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Re: Obama is following the usual MIC script

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:
Doc wrote:So you feel that smart micro nuclear weapons intended to be used in a conventional war are a good thing? Or is it just still all bush's fault?
"Micro nuclear weapons" are a dubious concept at best, from the scientific, the operational and the political point of view.
Sure it is:

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... enal-13433
What makes the B61-12 bomb the most dangerous nuclear weapon in America’s arsenal is its usability. This usability derives from a combination of its accuracy and low-yield.

In terms of the former, the B61-12 is America’s first nuclear-guided bomb, As Hans Kristensen of FAS notes, “We do not have a nuclear-guided bomb in our arsenal today…. It [the B61-12] is a new weapon.”

Indeed, according to Kristensen, existing U.S. nuclear bombs have circular error probabilities (CEP) of between 110-170 meters. The B61-12’s CEP is just 30 meters.

The B61-12 also has a low-yield. As noted above, the bomb has a maximum yield of 50 kilotons. However, this yield can be lowered as needed for any particular mission. In fact, the bomb’s explosive force can be reduced electronically through a dial-a-yield system.

This combination of accuracy and low-yield make the B61-12 the most usable nuclear bomb in America’s arsenal. That’s because accuracy is the most important determinate of a nuclear weapon’s lethality (Yield of warhead^2/3/ CEP^2).

As one scholar explains: “Making a weapon twice as accurate has the same effect on lethality as making the warhead eight times as powerful. Phrased another way, making the missile twice as precise would only require one-eighth the explosive power to maintain the same lethality.” Furthermore, radiological fallout operates according to Newton’s inverse square law.

In practical terms, all this means that the more accurate the bomb, the lower the yield that is needed to destroy any specific target. A lower-yield and more accurate bomb can therefore be used without having to fear the mass, indiscriminate killing of civilians through explosive force or radioactive fallout.

Lieber and Press have documented this nicely. Indeed, using a Pentagon computer model, they estimated that a U.S. counterforce strike against China’s ICBM silos using high-yield weapons detonated at ground blast would still kill anywhere between 3-4 million people. Using low-yield weapons and airbursts, this figure drops to as little as 700 fatalities!

This makes using nuclear weapons thinkable for the first time since the 1940s. The B61-12 only encourages this trend further.
I should add that the purpose of the B61-12 is for use as war heads of bunker busting GBUs

Doc wrote:Obama is also planning to spend $385 billion to improve the defense of Europe from Putin. Is Europe really worth that much to the US?
Europe, no.

However, the US military-industrial complex has been worth orders of magnitude more, maybe not to the American people, but to all US presidents no matter their political persuasion, ever since this fair guy warned about it:

8y06NSBBRtY
A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.
Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.
Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.
This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Counting only "military"-tagged expenditures, America is presently spending a minimum of 35% of global military expenditures, which is three to four times as much as the next spender China.

The sum total of military expenditures of America + her allies is a minimum of 60% of global military expenditures, that is three & a half to five times as much as the sum total of China+Russia together.

Now total US defense expenditures include also other things like Veteran care, for a total of roughly 810 billion$ in FY 2016. So the actual difference between US and the next big spender is more like a x 4 to x 5 factor.

===> Given the actual military capabilities of the US' potential rivals, given the existence of US allies in Europe and Eastern Asia and their actual military capabilities, it would be possible to reduce US total defense expenditures by a minimum of one third, and possibly up to half, while keeping equivalent level of security.

Now, of course, special interests wouldn't be served. And which should get priority, special interests or a country's general interests?

The Military industrial speech with the parts you left off. (This is probably the most often misquoted speech in history)

A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
The exact part left out:
Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present

and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientifictechnological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Flint: Obama denies funds for Flint

Post by Doc »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-michi ... SKCN0W52AK
Michigan governor issues appeal over Flint funds denial

--

Snyder asked for federal declarations of emergency and major disaster. President Barack Obama approved the federal emergency declaration, but denied a major disaster declaration. Snyder appealed that decision and was denied.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Re: Flint: Obama denies funds for Flint

Post by Typhoon »

You know what Governor Snyder will do---beat our teeth out and then kick us in the stomach for mumbling.

~ After Raymond Chandler, The Big Sleep
The unfortunate citizens of Flint, Michigan are now at the kicked in the stomach for mumbling stage.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i was under the impression Flint was a dead/dying town with no jobs and no reason to exist anymore.

merkia and straya are a bit different to europe, some places only exist as temporary accidents of history due to a short term boom while europe doesnt have those anymore, for obvious reasons.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i was under the impression Flint was a dead/dying town with no jobs and no reason to exist anymore.

merkia and straya are a bit different to europe, some places only exist as temporary accidents of history due to a short term boom while europe doesnt have those anymore, for obvious reasons.
Some think no raisin de entree' is a bad thing, personally I find it very liberating......
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:i was under the impression Flint was a dead/dying town with no jobs and no reason to exist anymore.

Some think no raisin de entree' is a bad thing, personally I find it very liberating......
thats fine but it tends to require self funding.

government or industry dont tend to throw lots of resources at it, like massive reworking of the entire water supply.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

The upside of obamacare

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So, it's pretty complicated, but after a few years things are settling out.

1. It's almost all failed already. There were supposed to be communes, and state exchanges, and those are all failing, and insurers net are leaving that gubmint "market".

2. The big lies of obamacare, it was initially sold as universal hc, and it will never even come close to that, especially as premiums continue to skyrocket, leading to;

3. obama and co have repeatedly lied about the coverage numbers, as 30 million people still have not gone into the program. All of these will soon be paying full penalties next year, not this year, equal to roughly a US rent payment for 1 month. As if younger lower income workers can cough up roughly 1 month of rent for taxes.

4. By the words of his mouth, obama has already rescinded parts of the law 30 times, including business regulations that were some of the worst parts of it.

There was more but my mind wanders.

So in the end, the only thing will be left is that obama took 3/4 a trillion dollars from Medicare and gave it to other people. And instead of funneling the money into Medicaid and running a quasi single payer for "poor" people, obama is slowly turning medicaid into a food stamp voucher program, where you get a gubmint chit to go buy private products and services.

1. So obamacare is ultimately going to become a partial privatization of Medicaid. :)

I'm real sure none of them realized that at the time. Real sure.

2. Hillary Clinton, the largest single proponent of single payer in our nation's history, has taken single payer HC off the table due to the political damage done on Democrats over obamacare (half of the Democrat Senators who voted for it were out of office withing a few years). Thanks to obama, single payer will never be passed in the US. Ever.

The downside though will always be that the Roberts decision effectively ended any limits on the US government. That is still an open wound on the Constitution. If I gave my real opinion of John Roberts I would be sent to jail.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

The Obama Doctrine

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Jeffrey Goldberg
Obama talks about his hardest decisions about America’s role in the world

The message Obama telegraphed in speeches and interviews was clear: He would not end up like the second President Bush—a president who became tragically overextended in the Middle East, whose decisions filled the wards of Walter Reed with grievously wounded soldiers, who was helpless to stop the obliteration of his reputation, even when he recalibrated his policies in his second term.

Obama would say privately that the first task of an American president in the post-Bush international arena was “Don’t do stupid sh*t.”

seconded

Obama,
Frustrated With Allies,
Calls Out the 'Free Riders'

Haaretz
Prince Turki Bin Faisal Al Saud
Strikes Back at Obama for Calling Kingdom a 'Free Rider'

In the interview, Obama said he did not believe the U.S. could have affected a meaningful result in Syria without a big commitment of ground forces and said that competition between Riyadh and Tehran helped feed proxy wars across the region.

In his letter, Turki asked whether Obama had "pivoted to Iran so much you equate the kingdom's 80 years of constant friendship with America to an Iranian leadership that continues to describe America as the biggest enemy, that continues to arm, fund and support sectarian militias in the Arab and Muslim world."

:lol:

NYT

The Saudis, Mr. Obama told Jeffrey Goldberg, the magazine’s national correspondent, “need to find an effective way to share the neighborhood and institute some sort of cold peace.”

Reflexively backing them against Iran, the president said, “would mean that we have to start coming in and using our military power to settle scores. And that would be in the interest neither of the United States nor of the Middle East.”

:D

Haaretz
Mosche, whatever it is, it ain't good

. . the president had a sharp confrontation with the prime minister when Netanyahu delivered "something of a lecture" to the U.S. president over the dangers that Israel was facing.

Goldberg wrote that Obama felt that Netanyahu was speaking in an arrogant manner and trying to shift the discussion from the peace process to other issues. Obama said he cut of the prime minister's lecturing and took him to task. 

“Bibi, you have to understand something,” he said. “I’m the African American son of a single mother, and I live here, in this house. I live in the White House. I managed to get elected president of the United States. You think I don’t understand what you’re talking about, but I do,” Obama recounted in the interview.

:lol: .. funny , very funny

Bravo, Hussein Barak, Bravo

Doc

Re: The Obama Doctrine

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

Image.

Interesting seeing those attacking Obama for holding back bombing Syria or Libya, bringing the boys back home, instead of more wars, spending the Dollars @ home, now, backing and voting Trump.

Trump, lookin @ fine print, "doubling down" on all Obama's foreign policies, and some .. and, Trump will also fall in line with many Obama internal policies .. Middle Class white Americans should love "Obama care", they need it.

Hillary is the bloodthirsty one .. she pushed Obama into Libya fiasco and now advocating attacking Iran (shoe shining Mosche)

Trump presidency would be "America First" .. Trump will Exit NATO.

If US exits NATO, Russia could join European Union.

Amen

Go, Donald, Goooooooo :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Image.

Interesting seeing those attacking Obama for holding back bombing Syria or Libya, bringing the boys back home, instead of more wars, spending the Dollars @ home, now, backing and voting Trump.

Trump, lookin @ fine print, "doubling down" on all Obama's foreign policies, and some .. and, Trump will also fall in line with many Obama internal policies .. Middle Class white Americans should love "Obama care", they need it.

Hillary is the bloodthirsty one .. she pushed Obama into Libya fiasco and now advocating attacking Iran (shoe shining Mosche)

Amen

Obama so far is responsible for the deaths of 320k Syrians due to a war he encouraged to start then did nothing that he promised the Syrians he would do to help them. In my book that makes him a war criminal.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

Image.

Amen

Obama so far is responsible for the deaths of 320k Syrians due to a war he encouraged to start then did nothing that he promised the Syrians he would do to help them. In my book that makes him a war criminal.

Interesting

silly, thought McCain and Graham were the ones who were pushing everybody including Obama to arm the criminals to topple the secular lawful president of Syria.

McCain and Graham (and Hillary) swimming in Syrian blood of innocent children and woman .. all those Syrian Christians killed are on McCain & Graham account.

IbfsTcJCKDE
R0XVyfJG-Pc

Get your facts straight B4 distorting them :lol:

Poor Obama .. poor Obama

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:

Image.

Amen

Interesting

silly, thought McCain and Graham were the ones who were pushing everybody including Obama to arm the criminals to topple the secular lawful president of Syria.

McCain and Graham (and Hillary) swimming in Syrian blood of innocent children and woman .. all those Syrian Christians killed are on McCain & Graham account.

IbfsTcJCKDE
R0XVyfJG-Pc

Get your facts straight B4 distorting them :lol:

Poor Obama .. poor Obama

Poor Obama my arse a McCain and Graham are idiots. But they didn't have the power to do anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -tool.html
Does Google basically work for the White House? Internet giant revealed to have offered to help overthrow Assad as Obama reveals broadband for Cuba

Tech giant planned to visually map those defecting from Assad's regime
Tool's aim were highlighted in email from Google Ideas chief Jared Cohen
Cohen left a job at the State Department in 2010 to run Google's think tank
His plan was to encourage more to defect and give confidence to opposition
Google planned to give ownership of the tool to network Al-Jazeera
The network would ensure the information found its way into Syria
It comes as it emerged Google has a deal to expand Internet access in Cuba

By Khaleda Rahman For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:51 EST, 21 March 2016 | Updated: 17:17 EST, 21 March 2016
SO not only did Obama's and Hillary's actions lead to the deaths of 320 thousand people(SO FAR) it seems the Obama Admin partnered with Google in a manner that helped Al Qeada in Syria
Typhoon

Re: The Great Obama

Post by Typhoon »

Better the devil one knows

One positive about these primaries is that they are making people appreciate what they have ;)
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:Better the devil one knows

One positive about these primaries is that they are making people appreciate what they have ;)
Typhoon,

With Obama's recent national favourable topping 53% and Trump's at 33%, you may be right.

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

p0s57QMB6Mo
Mr. Perfect

Obama/Spengler revisited

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I thought we could take a moment and take this little journey we all went on full circle. Looks like we were totally right, right on down to the dots, as usual.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/JB26Aa01.html
"Cherchez la femme," advised Alexander Dumas in: "When you want to uncover an unspecified secret, look for the woman." In the case of Barack Obama, we have two: his late mother, the went-native anthropologist Ann Dunham, and his rancorous wife Michelle. Obama's women reveal his secret: he hates America.

We know less about Senator Obama than about any prospective president in American history. His uplifting rhetoric is empty, as Hillary Clinton helplessly protests. His career bears no trace of his own character, not an article for the Harvard Law Review he edited, or a single piece of legislation. He appears to be an empty vessel filled with the wishful thinking of those around him. But there is a real Barack Obama. No man - least of all one abandoned in infancy by his father - can conceal the imprint of an impassioned mother, or the influence of a brilliant wife.

Obama profiles Americans the way anthropologists interact with primitive peoples. He holds his own view in reserve and emphatically draws out the feelings of others; that is how friends and colleagues describe his modus operandi since his days at the Harvard Law Review, through his years as a community activist in Chicago, and in national politics. Anthropologists, though, proceed from resentment against the devouring culture of America and sympathy with the endangered cultures of the primitive world. Obama inverts the anthropological model: he applies the tools of cultural manipulation out of resentment against America. The probable next president of the United States is a mother's revenge against the America she despised.

Ann Dunham died in 1995, and her character emerges piecemeal from the historical record, to which I will return below. But Michelle Obama is a living witness. Her February 18 comment that she felt proud of her country for the first time caused a minor scandal, and was hastily qualified. But she meant it, and more. The video footage of her remarks shows eyes hooded with rage as she declares:

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.
Etc
Mr. Perfect

Re: obama/Spengler revisited

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Present day:

https://news.grabien.com/story.php?id=482
18 Times Obama Trashed America in Asia
‘We’re a nation that was founded on the belief in the dignity of every human being; sometimes we’ve struggled to stay true to that belief’

hat is it about traveling abroad that seems to encourage President Obama to unload all manner of grievances on the United States? For whatever reason, traveling abroad appears to help crystallize everything wrong he sees in America. During his recent trip to Cuba and Argentina, for example, we counted 18 separate times he talked down his employer, the United States of America.

His just-concluded trip to Asia was no different.

Here are 18 separate attacks he unloaded while in China and Laos:

There are still too many poor children in the United States
Too many children in America are not getting enough to eat
Despite America's wealth, we’re not providing sufficient educational resources in poor communities
America lacks the “political will” to help poor inner cities that have suffered discrimination.
Americans are “lazy” in thinking we don’t need to learn about foreign nations.
Colin Kapernack is justified protesting the National Anthem, as the NFL star is raising “real, legitimate issues” about things America needs to be talked about.
America suffers from racism, conflicts between ethnic groups, and discrimination against immigrants.
Criticisms of America being imperfect and having problems with racism discrimination are accurate.
America still has “situations where women are not treated equally.”
America “didn't think through” our policy in Vietnam War, as dropping cluster bombs proved counterproductive to "winning hearts and minds."
America’s treatment of Native Americans was “tragic.”
America “struggled to stay true” to our founding ideal that all men are created equal.
When the environment is destroyed in America, it’s because the private sector is being “lazy."
The United States is still to this day learning how to develop industry without destroying the environment.
Due to industrialization, America “used to have terrible pollution … everywhere.”
America’s role in the Vietnam war led to mass displacement of people from their homes.
America dropped more bombs on Laos than on Germany and Japan during World War II … more than 2 million bombs … “the bombs fell like rain.” More bombs, he said on several occasions, were dropped on Laos per capita than anywhere else in the world.
We bombed the “simple homes” of civilians in Laos. “Villages and entire allies were obliterated.” The ancient Plain of Jars “was devastated.” Countless civilians were killed.
K1_XJFdw3jM
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This was cherry.
“So often in the past there’s been a sharp division between left and right, between capitalist and communist or socialist,” the president said Wednesday during a Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative town hall meeting in Buenos Aires. “And especially in the Americas, that’s been a big debate, right? Oh, you know, you’re a capitalist Yankee dog, and oh, you know, you’re some crazy communist that’s going to take away everybody’s property.

“And I mean, those are interesting intellectual arguments, but I think for your generation, you should be practical and just choose from what works. You don’t have to worry about whether it neatly fits into socialist theory or capitalist theory — you should just decide what works,”
As if there was any question which one works better.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So the question is, which world leader other than obama runs around the world detailing the faults of his country asking for forgiveness. Do you see German leaders still apologizing for Nazism. British leaders for putting people in the stocks. Russian leaders apologizing for scaring the crap out of the world during the Cold War. Etc.

The answer is no. You don't. And nobody is looking for it. It'd be weird to see Merkel visit a US college and apologize for Nazism. It would just be weird. Nobody is looking for that. Or a Japanese Prime Minister detailing the atrocities of the 2nd World War during a trade junket, randomly at a press conference.

But obama is compelled to do it. Why? Because he hates America.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

barack obama is an anti-American 3rd world Marxist sympathizer. He comes alive when visiting Castro. He comes alive when visiting 3rd world socialist hovels. He is in his element. He is home.

For the record, barack obama is an anti-American 3rd world Marxist sympathizer. Spengler and the rest of us were dead on right all the way down to the bolts.