The Great Obama

noddy

Re: The Great Obama

Post by noddy »

you missed your calling, get onto that turmeric tie dye.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:you missed your calling, get onto that turmeric tie dye.
Saffron is a chick magnet, and like the Scotts, real monks freeball......

Pain shared is half pain. Joy shared is double joy! :D
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:real monks freeball......
and thats how we get tea baggers ? :P
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:real monks freeball......
and thats how we get tea baggers ? :P
Sure, pain or joy is dependent on water temperature.

Note to self: Never buy tea brewed by monks.....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:today i learnt that the deli llamah likes to troll forums, which was nice.
Don't be so hard on him bro.

He's only human. He puts on his saffron robe one leg at a time, just like you and me.

Reincarnated deities need love too....... and if you can't get that, confirmation bias feels pretty good...... :D

im just jealous, not having the charisma to get paid to travel the world mumbling platitudes.
Best gig going if one can get it.

As Miss Faucie Fishtits noted at that other forum, the Chinese did the Tibetans a favour by removing the old boss - the rigid repressive religious caste system.

However, the new boss was/is not much better. First with Maoism and now diluting the Tibetans out of existence through Han immigration into Tibet.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Obama wins again

Post by manolo »

How does he do it? Obama has just tied down the Iran deal, against all the odds. This guy is Reaganesque in the way he cuts deals and comes out on top.

Awesome.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html

Alex.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Re: Obama wins again

Post by monster_gardener »

manolo wrote:How does he do it? Obama has just tied down the Iran deal, against all the odds. This guy is Reaganesque in the way he cuts deals and comes out on top.

Awesome.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html

Alex.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Alex Manolo Ethinker.
ethinker wrote:How does he do it? Obama has just tied down the Iran deal, against all the odds. This guy is Reaganesque in the way he cuts deals and comes out on top.

Awesome.
Not so much.........

Rather the way Obama & his henchmen such as Kerry & Moniz lie, may be Clintonesque :twisted:

Awful... :evil:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/expose ... an-public/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... iran-deal/
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Obama's Midieval Christian Problem

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

i hope the gardening of monsters has been productive and you have had a bumper crop.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:i hope the gardening of monsters has been productive and you have had a bumper crop.
Seconded. Welcome back, mg.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Post by manolo »

mg,

Welcome back. :)

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

manolo wrote:.

mg,

Welcome back. :)

Alex.

Hi MG, good to see you back, were missin ur comments :D

quyMLmWveww

Heracleum Persicum

Mr. President, on behalf of an ungrateful nation,
thank you

President Obama will go down in history as an extraordinary president, probably a great one. He will have done this in an era that doesn’t aggrandize leaders and presidents, but shrinks them. All presidents have had profound opposition, vicious enemies and colossal failures. A few were beloved and others deeply respected in their day, but none in the modern era and certainly not Obama.

Why? Marcus Aurelius said, “Man is puny in the face of destiny.” If the stoic king were writing about modern, democratic sovereigns, he might say, “Kings are puny in a world blind to destiny, a world seen through the sacred screens of televisions and computers that can view only the puny.”

Many presidents fared better in history than in office. But it would be a morale booster and a sign of civic maturity if more Americans appreciated what an exceptional president they have right now. It could be a long wait for the next one.

One can hate Democrats, disagree with Obama on big issues, dislike his style or be disappointed the excitement of his election didn’t last. But his accomplishments, ambitious goals, dignity and honesty under tough circumstances demand admiration and appreciation.

This is, of course, perverse liberal-media propaganda to conservative Obama-haters. It’s wobbly centrism to a left-flank frustrated Obama hasn’t done more for them. And it’s naïve hot air to Washington’s political clans that think Obama doesn’t play the game well.

Changing minds with a keypad is a fool’s errand; I’m surely a fool, but not on that count. I simply offer some points for the open-minded to ponder.

1. The Iran deal: Time will reveal if the deal worked, not today’s talking/tweeting heads. What cannot be in dispute is this was a momentous initiative, a gutsy political risk, a diplomatic success and, potentially, a giant step in defusing a long-ticking time bomb.

2. Obamacare: In the midst of the worst economy since the Great Depression, Obama delivered one of the most important domestic programs since the New Deal. Only LBJ’s Great Society laws compare. Obamacare has survived two challenges in the Supreme Court and constant, kabuki-style congressional votes to repeal. It’s now off life support. Key goals are being met. It will evolve and improve. One day it will be taken for granted and people will say, “Keep the government out of my Obamacare.”

3. The financial meltdown: Obama inherited it, then managed the recovery to the degree possible in the global economy. The recovery has been steady, though slow. The worst-case predictions didn’t happen. He began to reverse the deregulation of the financial industry. He delivered a significant Asian trade deal. Yet few give Obama much credit.

4. The First: Becoming the first black president is itself an epic triumph. Obama doesn’t get much good will for that any more. We properly canonize Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson and Martin Luther King. Of Obama, we ask, “What have you done for me lately?” That’s fair, he’s president. He doesn’t ask for credit for being the first black one. He and his family are at risk every day and we take their courage for granted.

5. Dignity and honesty: Obama’s administration has been as free of corruption and, well, peccadillo as any in memory. It’s the first two-term presidency not to be derailed by scandal since Eisenhower. A few will stay in paranoid lather about Benghazi or Fast and Furious, but those pseudo-scandals don’t compare to Watergate, Iran-Contra, Bill Clinton’s carnal antics or the phony evidence used to justify attacking Iraq.

Obama has weathered a recession, invisible racism, a reckless Republican Congress, a lily-livered Democratic Party, attacks from the richest pressure groups ever (Super PACs) and a 24/7, ADHD press corps under existential pressure to deliver page views and Nielsen ratings. He has done it with the “No Drama Obama” style that befits the office.

Obama isn’t a performer like Reagan or a preacher like Clinton. He’s head over heart, cool over warm. Yet he did his pastoral duties after Sandy Hook, the Boston Marathon and Charleston. He wasn’t a catalyst for same-sex marriage, but nourished the culture that made it possible.

It is harder than ever to see the big canvas and thus find fresh perspectives. We view current events as puny rivers of Tweets, not grand chapters in the ultimate story -- history.

In that longer view, we should feel well served. So, Mr. President, on behalf of an ungrateful nation, thank you.

Obama the best president had since Franklin D. Roosevelt, by far

manolo

Post by manolo »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Obama the best president had since Franklin D. Roosevelt, by far.
HP,

It is beyond doubt that you are correct. It may be that Obama detractors are driven by something other than a realistic appraisal of the facts.

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Facts.

Record debt, record poverty, record government dependency, record wealth disparity, record unemployment, record plummeting in relative power to our adversaries, record Middle East instability. Record broken promises.

No wonder Americans consider him our worst President. What's to like.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/09/16 ... ite-House-

US President Barack Obama has invited to the White House the African-American student who was suspended and handcuffed for bringing to school his homemade clock.

Ahmed Mohamed, who is the son of a Muslim immigrant from Sudan, was arrested earlier this week after his clock was inexplicably mistaken for a bomb by a teacher at MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas.

His father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, told the Dallas Morning News that the 14-year-old "just wants to invent good things for mankind. But because his name is Mohamed and because of Sept. 11, I think my son got mistreated."

On Wednesday, President Obama invited the ninth-grader to take his clock to the White House.

“Cool clock, Ahmed,” Obama tweeted about Mohamed. “Want to bring it to the White House?

“We should inspire more kids like you to like science,” the US president added. “It’s what makes America great.”

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg also expressed his support for the teenager. In addition, engineers from Google, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and NASA extended invitations to Mohamed to visit their facilities.

Zuckerberg said that he would like to meet with the Sudanese-American student, appreciating his work and inviting him to visit Facebook headquarters.

Mr. Perfect, why those GOP candidates don't say anything about this ? ?

Instead they overbidding each other on bashing Iran deal, despite knowing overwhelming Americans (and American Jews) approve the deal ? ?

Watching the latest debate was really funny.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's a "man bites dog" story. obama has no problem killing brown people, innocent, named "Muhammed" with drones. Think of all the "muhammed" killed in poor Libya.

This story is what we call "grandstanding" in the US.
Censorship isn't necessary
manolo

Post by manolo »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mr. Perfect, why those GOP candidates don't say anything about this ? ?
HP,

POTUS takes a light touch on these issues. The good people can see it.

Alex.
monster_gardener

Thank You all for the Kind Words & Welcome Back

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:i hope the gardening of monsters has been productive and you have had a bumper crop.
Seconded. Welcome back, mg.
Thank You Very Much Typhoon, noddy, Alex, HP and all for for the Kind Words & Welcome Back....

Doubt that I will be able to post as before but may do so occasionally......

So much to do and so little time & more......

Thanks again.

MG
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Thank You all for the Kind Words & Welcome Back

monster_gardener wrote:.

Thank You Very Much Typhoon, noddy, Alex, HP and all for for the Kind Words & Welcome Back....

Look forward for your wise posts, MG

and

Hopeful signs of US course correction
on Syria

Amidst nascent signs that the United States is making a course correction on Syria, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Amir Abdollahian is scheduled to travel to Moscow on Monday. In remarks on Tuesday, President Hassan Rouhani had underscored that Iran’s priority will be to put an end to the insecurity and bloodshed in Syria.

Turkey’s Kurdish wound has reopened, while Saudi Arabia is unlikely to be able to extricate itself out of Yemen anytime soon.

It is really immaterial that Washington could be following a Russian lead on Syria. The point is, Moscow took the lead role out of a sense of exasperation that Syria is fast descending into Libya-type chaos and a point of no return may be reaching.

All that matters today is that the IS threat is a shared concern for Washington and Moscow (and the world community at large) and a constructive engagement serves the interests of international security.

It is really immaterial that Washington could be following a Russian lead on Syria. The point is, Moscow took the lead role out of a sense of exasperation that Syria is fast descending into Libya-type chaos and a point of no return may be reaching.

All that matters today is that the IS threat is a shared concern for Washington and Moscow (and the world community at large) and a constructive engagement serves the interests of international security.

much more @ link

Well, folks, Iran was sayin from start what now America (finally) sayin

Turkey and Saudi, basically, are done, on downhill trajectory .. Turkey will drag it on, but Saudi (and with that the Amirs and Sheikhs) on the last leg of partyin.

Time for McCain and Graham to retire .. thanks G_D Lieberman retired after inflicting so much damage on our beloved America.

monster_gardener

Iranians More Truthful than obama, kerry & moniz....

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

and

Hopeful signs of US course correction
on Syria

Amidst nascent signs that the United States is making a course correction on Syria, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Amir Abdollahian is scheduled to travel to Moscow on Monday. In remarks on Tuesday, President Hassan Rouhani had underscored that Iran’s priority will be to put an end to the insecurity and bloodshed in Syria.

Turkey’s Kurdish wound has reopened, while Saudi Arabia is unlikely to be able to extricate itself out of Yemen anytime soon.

much more @ link

Well, folks, Iran was sayin from start what now America (finally) sayin

Turkey and Saudi, basically, are done, on downhill trajectory .. Turkey will drag it on, but Saudi (and with that the Amirs and Sheikhs) on the last leg of partyin.

Time for McCain and Graham to retire .. thanks G_D Lieberman retired after inflicting so much damage on our beloved America.

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari/HP.
And the Very Kind Words....

FWIW one thing that grates with opponents of obama's Iran deal is that during the capitulations ;) :twisted: :evil: oops I mean negotiations, obama and his minions kerry, and moniz* lied to the US about what was going on while the Iranians told more of the truth :shock:

We got five years in which, under this new agreement, arms coming in and out of Iran are prohibited, and we got eight years for the respective ballistic missiles.

Yet since the deal was passed, Iranian leaders have claimed that it agreed to no restrictions on ballistic missiles, or that the UN Security Council resolution did not apply to its missile programs, since they are ostensibly not related to nuclear weapons.

As ridiculous as that sounds, it is closer to the truth than what President Obama has been telling the American people and the world.

*Does anyone else see a resemblance between Secy. Ernest Moniz & a Musk Ox ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=moniz&b ... nest+moniz

https://www.google.com/search?q=musk+ox ... UA3k&dpr=1
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Iranians More Truthful than obama, kerry & moniz....

FWIW one thing that grates with opponents of obama's Iran deal is that during the capitulations ;) :twisted: :evil: oops I mean negotiations, obama and his minions kerry, and moniz* lied to the US about what was going on while the Iranians told more of the truth :shock:

We got five years in which, under this new agreement, arms coming in and out of Iran are prohibited, and we got eight years for the respective ballistic missiles.

Yet since the deal was passed, Iranian leaders have claimed that it agreed to no restrictions on ballistic missiles, or that the UN Security Council resolution did not apply to its missile programs, since they are ostensibly not related to nuclear weapons.

As ridiculous as that sounds, it is closer to the truth than what President Obama has been telling the American people and the world.

MG, agree, without going into detail, Barak Hussein no Jesus, but he the "most honest" of all presidents you had since long long time.

And

The whole drama with our beloved Iran was not about missiles of any sort (intercontinental or otherwise), neither was about arms export/import .. pure and simple it was about closing door to a "nuclear bomb" that Iran (as Obama said) could have been able to built at 1.5 months notice.

Iran did not develop the nuclear technology on Obama's watch .. it did on W. Bush watch when Cheney was threatening Iran, Iran double down.

America was only one power in talks with Iran .. China, Russia, Europe, UN and all the world was sitting at the table.

I am puzzled Americans are so hard on Obama re Iran talk .. Iran does not need to wait 15 or 25 yrs to built a nuclear bomb, Iran can built one anytime, Iran already a nuclear power.

But, Iran wants, it is in Iranian national interest, AT LEAST, a "nuclear free middle east" .. this a "vital" national interest of Iran.

That deal the world (America just one of signatures) made makes Iran the key in stabilizing all that space.

Compare this with the neocon, Cheney, Bolton, Zionist mafia approach .. starting a war with Iran .. think about that.

If Cheney and Bush and Bolton and Sheldon and McCain and Natanyahu would prevail, you might drop some bombs in the desert sand, Iran counters with building the Pumpkin within months, tests it openly and than what ?

No matter what, the Arab Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings gonno go, Turkey following a silly neo-ottoman dream runs the danger of disintegrating (Kurds), only 17% of Turkey are real Turks.

Only guy standing tall are our beloved Pomegranates :lol: .. be nice to them, MG

monster_gardener

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

MG, agree, without going into detail, Barak Hussein no Jesus, but he the "most honest" of all presidents you had since long long time.

And

The whole drama with our beloved Iran was not about missiles of any sort (intercontinental or otherwise), neither was about arms export/import .. pure and simple it was about closing door to a "nuclear bomb" that Iran (as Obama said) could have been able to built at 1.5 months notice.

Iran did not develop the nuclear technology on Obama's watch .. it did on W. Bush watch when Cheney was threatening Iran, Iran double down.

America was only one power in talks with Iran .. China, Russia, Europe, UN and all the world was sitting at the table.

I am puzzled Americans are so hard on Obama re Iran talk .. Iran does not need to wait 15 or 25 yrs to built a nuclear bomb, Iran can built one anytime, Iran already a nuclear power.

But, Iran wants, it is in Iranian national interest, AT LEAST, a "nuclear free middle east" .. this a "vital" national interest of Iran.

That deal the world (America just one of signatures) made makes Iran the key in stabilizing all that space.

Compare this with the neocon, Cheney, Bolton, Zionist mafia approach .. starting a war with Iran .. think about that.

If Cheney and Bush and Bolton and Sheldon and McCain and Natanyahu would prevail, you might drop some bombs in the desert sand, Iran counters with building the Pumpkin within months, tests it openly and than what ?

No matter what, the Arab Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings gonno go, Turkey following a silly neo-ottoman dream runs the danger of disintegrating (Kurds), only 17% of Turkey are real Turks.

Only guy standing tall are our beloved Pomegranates :lol: .. be nice to them, MG

Thank You Very Much for your post Azari.
Barak Hussein no Jesus, but he the "most honest" of all presidents you had since long long time.

IMVHO, Not so..........

obama is a LIAR...........

And not just about the Iran deal........ :idea:

He has lied multiple times about other international & domestic matters.

Not worthy of any trust.
I am puzzled Americans are so hard on Obama re Iran talk ..
Again because obama is a Liar...........
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Barak Hussein no Jesus, but he the "most honest" of all presidents you had since long long time.

IMVHO, Not so..........

obama is a LIAR...........

And not just about the Iran deal........ :idea:

He has lied multiple times about other international & domestic matters.

Not worthy of any trust.

Maybe, but, afaik, no damage done (so far)

Unlike W.Bush & Cheney claiming all that stuff resulting in millions killed in Afghanistan and Iraq and Syria etc.

Poor (general) Powell

ErlDSJHRVMA
2ZTLmOoPzjs

Heracleum Persicum

War Profits Drive GOP Hawks

6YretEX4aUU