The Great Obama

Simple Minded

Re: Obama saves the world

Post by Simple Minded »

alex,

In the past, I believe you have described yourself as a "hopeful agnostic."

Hmmmm..... a hopeful agnostic in the UK who believes that the world needs saving.... and in the existence of a savior...... you sound like a right wing American fundamentalist! ;)

Not sure is the recommended cure is electro-shock therapy, partial lobotomy, or mega doses of antibiotics.....

If you count the solutions to the problems of health care, racism, AGW, and the economic recovery, I think you should change the title of this thread to "Obama saves the world again, and again, and again, and again, and again!"

Not giving the man the credit he is due might be viewed by some people as...... racist! ;)

cheers!
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Without a nuclear deal,
Iran would likely to lean on Russia for its security and nuclear know-how.
The U.S., on a collision course with Russia over Ukraine, was hardly in a position to let this happen .
That would again massively involve Russia in Middle Eastern and Central Asian affairs after being pushed out in the 1990s with the fall of the Soviet Union.

Alex, world now "Multi Polar" .. "Russia-China" pulling "strategic" nations to their side .. Iran is KEY in game played .. with Iran on Russian-Chinese side, West would have great difficulty confronting Russia-China .. basically, we back to communist cold war alliances, Shah replaced with mad mullahs

Iran will be boosted by west, will become a regional superpower, controlling from (Chinese) Uyghur to Bosphorus (Turkey sinkin into Islamism quicksand) to Beirut and Tangier .. don't forget, Egypt was conquered for Islam by (Wiki) Fatimid Caliphate .. this guy Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, callin himself President of Egypt, changed side once, like prostitution the first time is always the hard part :lol:
The Fatimid Caliphate was a Shia Islamic caliphate, which spanned a large area of North Africa, from the Red Sea in the east to the Atlantic Ocean in the west
In a vaguer, less immediately dangerous fashion, was the danger of having China’s continued involvement in Tehran, juggling Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel. All this would have been part of a very cautious power play by Beijing where the trump card is the promise of a grand Silk Road bonding all Eurasia.

In both these dealings, Russia and China dealt with all the countries in the region. The U.S. didn’t. Though the U.S. is the most powerful, this put Washington at a great disadvantage with respect to these other powers. The reason why Israel complains so much about the American rapprochement and is muted about Russia and China may also be complicated.

Russia’s full involvement with Iran is yet to occur, and China’s ties are very complex. It’s possible that Beijing is warmer to Jerusalem and the Saudis than to Tehran. And while Israel may be warming up to Moscow and Beijing, ties are not very hot, or not as hot as with the U.S. So we have a situation where geopolitical tensions are increasing on one hand, and decreasing on the other.

Besides these broad geopolitical concerns, the U.S. pushed its deal with Iran because America feels it can use Iran’s support against the Islamic State raging across Iraq and Syria. The other reason is that nobody, including Israel, managed to provide a convincing alternative to the U.S.-Iran nuke deal. At the end of the day, the crux of the matter hinges on nuclear capability, rather than the weapon itself. It’s the spectre of a little reliable anti-Jewish clergy in Tehran with their finger on the trigger of a bomb.

The big question is: What now? The possibility of Israel sabotaging the deal seems far fetched. But the ambitions of the Saudis, and perhaps Turkey, to go nuclear may have grown.

One possible avenue is for Israel to initiate rounds of confidential consultations with the Americans and Chinese on Iran. This would focus on Iran’s political evolution and development in the region. The U.S. would have the extra advantage of engaging China on a very practical project. Beijing, for its part, would be eager to proceed, because of its plan for the “One Belt, One Way,” Silk Road project. Joint Chinese and U.S. involvement could help assuage Israel’s legitimate existential fears, and help pressure Iran from another side.

:D

Heracleum Persicum

manolo

Post by manolo »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

...Shah replaced with mad mullahs
HP,

Robert Fisk has just written on this idea..

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 54920.html

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

manolo wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

...Shah replaced with mad mullahs
HP,

Robert Fisk has just written on this idea..

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 54920.html

Alex.
Thanx Alex .. yes, Fisk got it

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Obama and the Bankers...
http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-defi ... rs/5375269

(...)

Privately, Obama had told Wall Street executives that he would protect them. On 27 March 2009, Obama assembled the top executives of the bailed-out financial firms in a secret meeting at the White House and he assured them that he would cover their backs; he promised “My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks”. It’s not on the White House website; it was leaked out, which is one of the reasons Obama hates leakers. What the DOJ’s IG indicated was, in effect, that Obama had kept his secret promise to them.

Here is the context in which he said that (from page 234 of Ron Suskind’s 2011 book, Confidence Men):

The CEOs went into their traditional stance. “It’s almost impossible to set caps [to their bonuses]; it’s never worked, and you lose your best people,” said one. “We’re competing for talent on an international market,” said another. Obama cut them off.

“Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that,” he said. “My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

It was an attention grabber, no doubt, especially that carefully chosen last word.

But then Obama’s flat tone turned to one of support, even sympathy. “You guys have an acute public relations problem that’s turning into a political problem,” he said. “And I want to help. But you need to show that you get that this is a crisis and that everyone has to make some sacrifices.” According to one of the participants, he then said, “I’m not out there to go after you. I’m protecting you. But if I’m going to shield you from public and congressional anger, you have to give me something to work with on these issues of compensation.”

No suggestions were forthcoming from the bankers on what they might offer, and the president didn’t seem to be championing any specific proposals. He had none: neither Geithner nor Summers believed compensation controls had any merit.

After a moment, the tension in the room seemed to lift: the bankers realized he was talking about voluntary limits on compensation until the storm of public anger passed. It would be for show.

He had been lying to the public, all along. Not only would he not prosecute the banksters, but he would treat them as if all they had was “an acute public relations problem that’s turning into a political problem.” And he thought that the people who wanted them prosecuted were like the KKK who had chased Blacks with pitchforks before lynching...

(...)
Is anyone surprised?...After all, a black oligarch is first of all an oligarch...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the UAE are all said to have now started, or decided to start, their own nuclear weapons programs because of the Iran deal. Yeah that is "Progress" in "saving the world" for you
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I remember when liberals were for nuclear disarmament. They went full Reagan, without the plan though.
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I remember when liberals were for nuclear disarmament. They went full Reagan, without the plan though.
That's what this deal is about: preventing nuclear proliferation.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:I remember when liberals were for nuclear disarmament. They went full Reagan, without the plan though.
That's what this deal is about: preventing nuclear proliferation.
How. Multiple ME nations have expressed interest in getting a bomb to counter Iran's getting one. How is growth of nuclear weapons programs a prevention of proliferation.
manolo

Obama's winning streak

Post by manolo »

Folks,

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/07/02/ ... -jobs.html

President Obama's achievements in office need no introduction, but it is timely to look at his record on employment. The economy under POTUS had added 12.8 million private sector jobs over 64 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has now dropped to 5.3%.

This is the longest winning streak on employment since records began, and has occurred after Obama inherited a collapsing economy from the previous administration with 462,000 jobs lost and 7.8% unemployment at the time he took office.

http://ourfuture.org/20141208/bush-vs-o ... ple-charts

Putting politics firmly aside, there is no denying the numbers. Well done!

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Obama's winning streak

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's pretty easy to see why Labor and the Democrat Party are the permanent minority parties now.
manolo

Re: Obama's winning streak

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's pretty easy to see why Labor and the Democrat Party are the permanent minority parties now.
Mr P,

Thanks for your reply. :)

Alex.
manolo

The great Obama bull run

Post by manolo »

Folks,

There are few who could disparage a bull run of the magnitude gained under POTUS Obama.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-gr ... 2014-07-03

Since the market bottomed after the crushing policies of the previous administration, we have seen market gains of 250% and more could be coming as we approach 2016.

As that other great president of modern times, Bill Clinton, mentioned:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_the_economy,_stupid

Alex.
manolo

Obama's victory for peace

Post by manolo »

Folks,

There are few who could criticise POTUS' foreign policy successes, from ending two wars of aggression and the long running 'cold war' with Cuba, to a landmark deal just signed to protect Israel's integrity.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1223 ... rmongering

This is not just random success, but the implementation of a consistent and thought out policy to bring peace to the world. A Nobel peace prize duly earned and deserved.

Alex.
YMix

Re: Obama's victory for peace

Post by YMix »

Syria? Libya?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
manolo

Re: Obama's victory for peace

Post by manolo »

YMix wrote:Syria? Libya?
YMix,

Is there anywhere that isn't the fault of the USA?

Alex.
Typhoon

The Great Obama

Post by Typhoon »

Please post all adulation here.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Re: The Great Obama

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:Please post all adulation here.

Obama's health care success

Folks,

There are few people who could criticize the positive outcomes of the Obama ACA, but it is worth looking at some stats just to clarify:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... are-reform

It is good to see almost 30 million Americans insured with the ACA and the uninsured rate down to 12.3% from a painful 18%. These are healthy numbers. Well done!

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:Jordan, .. , Kuwait, and the UAE are all said to have now started, or decided to start, their own nuclear weapons programs ..

come on, Doc

These are "city states" .. like saying "Vatican" started it's own nuclear weapons programs :lol:

Egypt without Billions of Arab Oil money would collapse within month .. Egypt bankrupt since long time, bottomless pit

And

Egypt going nuclear a welcome to Iran, as Iran and Egypt were never enemies (no reason to), rather next door Zionist should worry if it happens.

And

Saudi have not industrial and scientist base to have anything to say .. Saudi military fighter pilots are Pakistani .. why should they fight and die for "AAl Saud" ? ?

noddy

Post by noddy »

today i learnt that the deli llamah likes to troll forums, which was nice.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:today i learnt that the deli llamah likes to troll forums, which was nice.
Don't be so hard on him bro.

He's only human. He puts on his saffron robe one leg at a time, just like you and me.

Reincarnated deities need love too....... and if you can't get that, confirmation bias feels pretty good...... :D
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:today i learnt that the deli llamah likes to troll forums, which was nice.

He's only human. He puts on his saffron robe one leg at a time, just like you and me.

Reincarnated deities need love too....... and if you can't get that, confirmation bias feels pretty good...... :D

im just jealous, not having the charisma to get paid to travel the world mumbling platitudes.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

im just jealous, not having the charisma to get paid to travel the world mumbling platitudes.
control your emotions..... or your emotions will control you......