Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Simple Minded

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Caller says a female he hooked up with on the Internet won't let him out of the house. #ChicagoScanner
66 retweets 67 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 7h7 hours ago
Bad call, brother. You're on your own. :D

:lol: cosmic justice!
Yeah really. I liked the one where the parents called the cops because their 26 year old son refused to take out the garbage. He must have been too busy in the basement. :D
If either Mom or Dad had a gun, they could have aborted this unviable fetus in the 107th trimester........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Caller says a female he hooked up with on the Internet won't let him out of the house. #ChicagoScanner
66 retweets 67 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 7h7 hours ago
Bad call, brother. You're on your own. :D
Very good.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:
The town of Katy, Texas, was left reeling when Christy Sheats shot and killed her daughters on Friday, June 24. “It was a family argument that turned into a shooting,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told the Houston Chronicle. “But we’re still trying to put the pieces together.”

[...]

When officers arrived at the Houston-area home shortly after 5 p.m. to investigate 911 calls of “shots fired,” they discovered Taylor Sheats, 22, and Madison Sheats, 17, lying in the street bleeding from gunshot wounds, according to a statement from the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office on its Facebook page. “The armed shooter was also in the street and, after refusing to drop her weapon, was shot and killed by a Fulshear officer,” the statement continued.

Madison died at the scene; Taylor was airlifted to Texas Medical Center but couldn’t be saved.

[...]

Christy Sheats Was an Advocate for the Second Amendment

“It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away,” the 42-year-old wrote in March on her Facebook page, “but that’s exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns.”
A woman with a history of mental illness has easy access to handguns. What could go wrong?
Thank god guns are illegal in Chicago
https://twitter.com/Chicago_Scanner
The obvious problem with this argument is that guns can easily be purchased elsewhere with no background checks and transported.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:
The town of Katy, Texas, was left reeling when Christy Sheats shot and killed her daughters on Friday, June 24. “It was a family argument that turned into a shooting,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told the Houston Chronicle. “But we’re still trying to put the pieces together.”

[...]

When officers arrived at the Houston-area home shortly after 5 p.m. to investigate 911 calls of “shots fired,” they discovered Taylor Sheats, 22, and Madison Sheats, 17, lying in the street bleeding from gunshot wounds, according to a statement from the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office on its Facebook page. “The armed shooter was also in the street and, after refusing to drop her weapon, was shot and killed by a Fulshear officer,” the statement continued.

Madison died at the scene; Taylor was airlifted to Texas Medical Center but couldn’t be saved.

[...]

“It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away,” the 42-year-old wrote in March on her Facebook page, “but that’s exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns.”
A woman with a history of mental illness has easy access to handguns. What could go wrong?
The obvious problem with this argument is that guns can easily be purchased elsewhere with no background checks and transported.

The Flip side being "illegally purchased" IF you are not a bad person you risk prison if you buy a gun to defend yourself and your family. Have you ever been to the South Side of Chicago?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]

[...]

The Flip side being "illegally purchased" IF you are not a bad person you risk prison if you buy a gun to defend yourself and your family. Have you ever been to the South Side of Chicago?
Yes, frequently.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]

[...]

Yes, frequently.
So you know what a war zone it is. It is not a war zone because of guns It is a war zone because of neglect by progressive politicians.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

If the community is unwilling and/or unable to fix the problem itself,

I doubt that politicians, progressive or regressive, can do anything to fix it short of an inhumane scorched earth policy.

The annual number of homicides in Chicago was significantly higher when I lived there

reaching the 2nd highest all-time peak.

Interesting that the number of homicides in 1928 is comparable to the current number,

which suggests that legalizing illicit drugs might be one way to proceed.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:If the community is unwilling and/or unable to fix the problem itself,

I doubt that politicians, progressive or regressive, can do anything to fix it short of an inhumane scorched earth policy.

The annual number of homicides in Chicago was significantly higher when I lived there

Interesting that the number of homicides in 1928 is comparable to the current number,

well said. Legalize drugs nation wide, and guns in those highly restricted areas, and watch the problems go away.

Less financial incentive for predators, higher probability the potential prey may be dangerous.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Citatations?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Citatations?
The Orlando Shooter was a registered Democrat. The Tucson shooter's mother a local Democrat official. Likely used her connections to keep her son out of trouble. Yet the MSM jumped on the story that the Tucson shooter was a radical right winger. Hense the push backImage

Those I confirmed.

The Ft Hood Shooter was a radical Muslim that the Obama admin policies allowed him to perpetuate his hate while in the Military service as part of its diversity policies. His political philosophy put him more in tune with the left of the political spectrum and he was allowed to follow his path to Ft Hood by the Obama Admin.

The VA shooter sent hate mail to George W Bush. Had a green card therefore not eligible to vote.

The others I don't have the time to thoroughly check out.

Charleston Church shooter father physically abused mother. Despite having long term African American friends radicalized by white supremacist ideology. Told several people including a black friend of his plans No one believed he was going to do it. Stated that he almost did not do the shooting because the people in the church were so nice to him. Sounds more like a hopeless cry for help to me of someone that felt they had a meaningless life.*

Columbine shooters physically abused and humiliated in their high school by other students on a regular basis.

Connecticut shooter raped by priest when 6 years old.

Colorado theater shooter first described as a republican erroneously then as a democrat erroneously. Apparently unregistered.

Most common physical thread: prescription of psychiatric drugs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/19/books ... .html?_r=0
Mr. Junger’s premise is simple: Modern civilization may be swell, giving us unimaginable autonomy and material bounty. But it has also deprived us of the psychologically invaluable sense of community and interdependence that we hominids enjoyed for millions of years. It is only during moments of great adversity that we come together and enjoy that kind of fellowship — which may explain why, paradoxically, we thrive during those moments. (In the six months after Sept. 11, Mr. Junger writes, the murder rate in New York dropped by 40 percent, and the suicide rate by 20 percent.)
NapLajoieonSteroids

Ten+ Officers Shot in Dallas

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Shots fired during the black lives matter protest in Dallas

-no suspects are in custody,

-4 officers have now passed

-2 snipers are suspected; as of this posting, no one involved is in custody
Zack Morris

Re: Ten+ Officers Shot in Dallas

Post by Zack Morris »

Black patriots putting the 2A to its intended use? Not since 1776 has the tree of liberty been watered.

But in all seriousness, how will the GOP react to the realization that armed black people might actually fight back? Expect the NRA to start lobbying for strict gun control.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Murder at 51 year low. Everything is going great.

https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low
The US homicide rate in 2014, the most recent year available, was 4.5 per 100,000. The 2014 total follows a long downward trend and is the lowest homicide rate recorded since 1963 when the rate was 4.6 per 100,000. To find a lower homicide rate, we must travel back to 1957 when the total homicide rate hit 4.0 per 100,000.

Homicide rates were considerably higher in the United States during the 1970s, 80s, and 90s, but over the past 25 years, have fallen nearly continuously.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Black patriots putting the 2A to its intended use? Not since 1776 has the tree of liberty been watered.
I'm sure you believe that.
But in all seriousness, how will the GOP react to the realization that armed black people might actually fight back?
Black folks have been fighting back for decades. The death tolls in your Democrat cities is epic.
Expect the NRA to start lobbying for strict gun control.
Well gun control didn't work in San Bernadino or Paris, let alone Brussels, so we'll just go back to staying out of Democrat cities and we'll do fine.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hey if you want a hotel to stay in in Dallas I suggest this one:

I stayed there two weeks ago today It was great :shock:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's like there is an inverse relationship between intelligence and access to MSM. The stupidity on display on TV is truly a wonder to behold.

Murder rates are at 51 year lows folks. Statistics vs anecdotes. Look into it.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: The obvious problem with this argument is that guns can easily be purchased elsewhere with no background checks and transported.
The obvious problem with this statement is after many decades of people saying it there is no data to support it.

oBQGHfqqhHA

It's so easy for me to look up data, and facts. I wonder why other people cannot do it. I wonder.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:If the community is unwilling and/or unable to fix the problem itself,

well said. Legalize drugs nation wide, and guns in those highly restricted areas, and watch the problems go away.

Less financial incentive for predators, higher probability the potential prey may be dangerous.
Marijuana has been legalized in a number of states, no impact on crime.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Murder rates at 51 year lows, despite economic hard times. Well done America, let's keep up the good work.

http://www.infowars.com/fbi-us-homicide ... -year-low/
FBI: US Homicide Rate at 51-Year Low
Yet number of new guns in the US increased 141%

The 2014 total follows a long downward trend and is the lowest homicide rate recorded since 1963 when the rate was 4.6 per 100,000. To find a lower homicide rate, we must travel back to 1957 when the total homicide rate hit 4.0 per 100,000.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's like there is an inverse relationship between intelligence and access to MSM. The stupidity on display on TV is truly a wonder to behold.

Murder rates are at 51 year lows folks. Statistics vs anecdotes. Look into it.
Don't look at me. I turned off the MSM years ago after I took the red pill.

zE7PKRjrid4
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Murder rates low but unjustified anti-black bias persists, with lethal consequences: A Multi-Level Bayesian Analysis of Racial Bias in Police Shootings at the County-Level in the United States, 2011–2014

Time to have a substantive and long-overdue conversation about race. It's going to happen and there will be policy changes, whether you like it or not. Up to you whether you accept with dignity or not but the tide is turning.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Zack Morris wrote:Murder rates low but unjustified anti-black bias persists, with lethal consequences: A Multi-Level Bayesian Analysis of Racial Bias in Police Shootings at the County-Level in the United States, 2011–2014.
What good is that when it doesn't factor in the probability of encounters?
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

That should be captured by race-specific local crime rates, which the study considered and found no correlation to. If black crime rates are higher, then the probability of encounters with the police increases. But as has long been argued, blacks are more likely to be profiled, which one would expect to lead to higher likelihood of police violence against them.