Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Simple Minded

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Guns for the general population are only necessary when there is a breakdown of civil society and civilization.
also true where there is a breakdown of civil society and civilization.

Ignoring effects in the first three dimensions is an old Climatologist's trick........ ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

If only Kansas was a permitless open + concealed carry state.

Oh, wait . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Guns for the general population are only necessary when there is a breakdown of civil society and civilization.
Says who.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:If only Kansas was a permitless open + concealed carry state.

Oh, wait . . .
time to execute Kansas or build a wall around it.......
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I know all about statistics. I even remember when people used to cite vehicular death statistics as evidence we needn't worry about guns. Boy, those were the days.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

You are alluding to an interesting point. Some people we have learned are incapable of not worrying about guns, what we call gunphobic. Obviously people with emotional disorders you wouldn't want to influence legislation or policy in any way. For the most part, luckily, that's how it's played out.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:I know all about statistics. I even remember when people used to cite vehicular death statistics as evidence we needn't worry about guns. Boy, those were the days.
:lol:

The Statistics of Doom, now there is a religion that will never go out of style.

The sky is always falling, and the Apocalypse is always just a bit over the horizon, where the non-stat heretics can't quite see it..... yet. Luckily, "we" can.

The temperature of the Earth is going up by 0.047 of a degree each year, the oceans are rising by 0.118 of an inch per year...... and we're worried about gun violence. How short sighted can we get? :P

screw the eggs, save the omelet.... er, uh, rather, the frying pan!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

If only Washington State allowed permit less open carry . . .

Oh, wait.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

California Cops Shoot and Kill Man and Woman Passed Out in Car

California cops shot and killed a man and woman Sunday after finding them unconscious in a car and spending 45 minutes trying to “deescalate the situation” before they “felt threatened,” according to Inglewood Mayor James Butts, a former police chief.

But Butts did not explain how Inglewood police felt threatened by an unconscious couple before opening fire on the couple.

All he said was that the woman, Kisha Micheal, had a gun in her right hand, which is what police have been saying all along.

However, Michael’s family said she did not even own a gun.

And as more details emerge from the incident, it certainly appears that things are just not adding up.

[...]
I am impressed.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

The number of people who directly operate, ride as passengers in, or interact with vehicles daily is enormous. Far greater than the number of people who get within 20 feet of a gun daily. When gun fatalities begin to converge with vehicular fatalities, it's no longer "gunphobia", you raging realophobe.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

That's indeed pretty impressive, YMix. Here's a less impressive one: Salt Lake City cops shoot a black man armed with a broomstick. Admittedly, residents of SLC are unaccustomed to seeing black people and until just a few years ago, the Mormon church taught that black people were the devil's spawn.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Salt lake city has been Democrat for decades. Backfire.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Salt lake city has been Democrat for decades. Backfire.
You might want to define the word "backfire" for Zack......
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

She is pretty hot, but her kid doesn't look anything at all like her. Something fishy about this story......
YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Never mind the swarthy foreign terrorists, it's the cute toddlers that one has to watch out for . . .

Toddlers kill more Americans than foreign terrorists
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So less than even lightning strikes. Nothing to worry about then.

Thanks for an argument finally that has some sort of relationship to statistics, even though it doesn't support your overall thesis.
YMix

Post by YMix »

The town of Katy, Texas, was left reeling when Christy Sheats shot and killed her daughters on Friday, June 24. “It was a family argument that turned into a shooting,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told the Houston Chronicle. “But we’re still trying to put the pieces together.”

[...]

When officers arrived at the Houston-area home shortly after 5 p.m. to investigate 911 calls of “shots fired,” they discovered Taylor Sheats, 22, and Madison Sheats, 17, lying in the street bleeding from gunshot wounds, according to a statement from the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office on its Facebook page. “The armed shooter was also in the street and, after refusing to drop her weapon, was shot and killed by a Fulshear officer,” the statement continued.

Madison died at the scene; Taylor was airlifted to Texas Medical Center but couldn’t be saved.

[...]

Christy Sheats Was an Advocate for the Second Amendment

“It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away,” the 42-year-old wrote in March on her Facebook page, “but that’s exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns.”
A woman with a history of mental illness has easy access to handguns. What could go wrong?
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
The town of Katy, Texas, was left reeling when Christy Sheats shot and killed her daughters on Friday, June 24. “It was a family argument that turned into a shooting,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told the Houston Chronicle. “But we’re still trying to put the pieces together.”

[...]

When officers arrived at the Houston-area home shortly after 5 p.m. to investigate 911 calls of “shots fired,” they discovered Taylor Sheats, 22, and Madison Sheats, 17, lying in the street bleeding from gunshot wounds, according to a statement from the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office on its Facebook page. “The armed shooter was also in the street and, after refusing to drop her weapon, was shot and killed by a Fulshear officer,” the statement continued.

Madison died at the scene; Taylor was airlifted to Texas Medical Center but couldn’t be saved.

[...]

“It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away,” the 42-year-old wrote in March on her Facebook page, “but that’s exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns.”
A woman with a history of mental illness has easy access to handguns. What could go wrong?
Thank god guns are illegal in Chicago
https://twitter.com/Chicago_Scanner
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 3h3 hours ago

016:
Male shot walk in at the ER, says it occurred 5300 block W Cornelia
#Chicago #ChicagoScanner #CrimeIsDown
4 retweets 3 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 4h4 hours ago

011:
Male (32) shot 3151 W Harrison, GSWs left side,
Occurred 259 S Central Park
5 retweets 0 likes
Promoted Tweet
Garmin Fitness ‏@GarminFitness Jun 9

Z6:
Caller is having a disturbance w/ the EX, they're trying to take the DVD player #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
1 retweet 3 likes

007:
1 shot, 1 shot & killed 6631 S Union
M41 GSW R armpit, DOA
F21 GSW back
4 retweets 4 likes

Too close
0 retweets 2 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 5h5 hours ago

Z6:
The 26yo son is getting in Mom & Dads face because she told him to put the garbage in the can #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
12 retweets 9 likes

002:
About 100 bike riders n/b Wabash from 45th St
#Chicago #ChicagoScanner
5 retweets 7 likes

And then there was a walk in
0 retweets 0 likes

009:
Female (18) shot 4459 S Princeton, GSW right leg
View conversation
9 retweets 3 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 6h6 hours ago

D: "I just need a condition, is she stable?"
PO: "10-4, stable for now"
#Chicago #ChicagoScanner
2 retweets 0 likes

Another person has just been shot in #Chicago
8 retweets 5 likes

So he's not shot, just an assault victim #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
View conversation
0 retweets 2 likes

Another person has been shot in #Chicago
View conversation
6 retweets 1 like

Another call of a person shot #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
6 retweets 1 like

Z8 a following
0 retweets 1 like
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ ‏@Chicago_Scanner 7h7 hours ago

004:
Got an SUV stopped that a citizen says was following him & has guns inside #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
1 retweet 6 likes

004:
Male (26) shot 8806 S Burley, GSW left hand
View conversation
11 retweets 2 likes

Another person has been shot in #Chicago
View conversation
14 retweets 0 likes

A call of a person shot #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
2 retweets 0 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ Retweeted
CapturedNews Shooter ‏@CNshooter 7h7 hours ago Chicago, IL

CHICAGO: 5 critically injured including a teen after a single vehicle crash on n/b #LSD. Now on @CapturedNews
17 retweets 12 likes

Another homicide #Chicago #ChicagoScanner #CrimeIsDown
7 retweets 4 likes

015:
Male shot 5619 W Madison, GSW left leg
View conversation
4 retweets 2 likes
CʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏSᴄᴀɴɴᴇʀ Retweeted
Spot News ‏@SPOTNEWSonIG 7h7 hours ago

Caller says a female he hooked up with on the Internet won't let him out of the house. #ChicagoScanner
66 retweets 67 likes

015:
Caller says someone is in the hallway but she can't see 'cause they're blocking the peephole #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
5 retweets 7 likes

Another person has just been shot in #Chicago
View conversation
9 retweets 4 likes

Several calls of a person shot #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
2 retweets 1 like
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:

[...]

[...]

That's one way to look at it. Woman aborts her fetuses in the 71st and 91st trimester is another way to look at it. ;)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:Caller says a female he hooked up with on the Internet won't let him out of the house. #ChicagoScanner
66 retweets 67 likes
Bad call, brother. You're on your own. :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Caller says a female he hooked up with on the Internet won't let him out of the house. #ChicagoScanner
66 retweets 67 likes

:lol: cosmic justice!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
YMix wrote:
66 retweets 67 likes

:lol: cosmic justice!
Yeah really. I liked the one where the parents called the cops because their 26 year old son refused to take out the garbage. He must have been too busy in the basement. :D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
66 retweets 67 likes
:lol: