Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Simple Minded

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Simple Minded »

serious response: Excellent article outlining the real problems with registering anything.

"We need more money and power to make society work better!" will never go out of style.

Utopia would be everyone is employed by the regulation industry, and no one ever takes any risks.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Guns in the USA - Blades in England

7GYM_jA3PfA
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:Guns in the USA - Blades in England

7GYM_jA3PfA
Interesting.

In Japan, the police would have used this combination to subdue him in a non-lethal manner.

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Recently looked this up.

The US has 112.6 firearms per 100 residents*
Did you look up that gun violence/murder has been dropping for 30 years while gun freedoms have been increasing.
and despite effectively having more firearms than people still cannot prevent repeated mass shooting sprees.
Likelihood of getting killed by a "mass spree shooting" is on the order of being struck by lightning. I would say some things in life are not preventable. It would help if the media stopped covering them as they appear to be copycat crimes.

And "mass spree shootings" occur overwhelmingly in "gun free zones". Any guesses as to why.
The proposed solution? More firearms.
There are many proposed solutions. A media blackout on such events and phasing out gun free zones are probably the best ones.
Fascinating.
Not really.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's not why the US doesn't have "universal background checks".

75% of guns used in crimes evade the background checks we already have, and gun show guns are used in 2% of crimes.

You have a nothingburger, again.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:

7GYM_jA3PfA
Interesting.

In Japan, the police would have used this combination to subdue him in a non-lethal manner.

So funny, when Trayvon Martin got shot the MSM memeology was to curl up in a fetal position at the first sign of trouble and the saintly government fiaries called peace officers come in and magically resolve the situation via progressive conflict resolution.

Now if you call the cops they'll still shoot Trayvon. Liberals and the never ending goal post moving.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

manolo wrote:Demon,

Fact. A biker friend of mine (many moons) went over to the USA to look up some relatives. He was not out of the airport (NYC) more than 2 hours when he was in a bar and unfortunately it turned ugly and he was shot in the 'ass'. We (his friends) all thought this quite funny as he had been an obsessive about this US thing and even made up a fake American accent. He came back with his tail between his legs and was easier company after that. He lost the accent.

Alex.
NY has a lot of gun control. Up there with Europeans.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Yes, but the goal of a hospital is to help sick people recover, not to kill them.
The purpose of a firearm is to kill.
The purpose of my firearm is to protect and preserve my life and the life of my family. Very similar to a hospital.
I don't think so.

It is human nature to fear random unpredictable acts of violence and murder.
Almost all murders are random and unpredictable before hand. And yet 99.99% of murders receive no MSM coverage.

Do you know why.
manolo

Post by manolo »

YMix,

The Republican presidential candidate, Ben Carson, knows something about "blades" outside of the operating theatre.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben ... 4aee49cb2f

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: Off the record, parts of NYC, Detroit, DC, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. are kinda like giant, free range, insane asylums our elites have set up for some of the more problem prone/emotionally unstable Merikans.

If that is indeed the case, don't you think that it is a bit of a problem that significant parts of all your major cities are uninhabitable except by anyone who is either too dumb to live or batsh*t crazy?
Or don't have any other option because of long standing Democrat policies.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
12072684_10206060722895555_6795681325045621944_n.jpg
You realize that babies are innocent and criminals we need to protect ourselves from are not, right?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: it would be an interesting social experiment to take a high crime city, and just flood it with small cheap handguns.
Of course, we already have that, particularly in the high gun control cities.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

manolo wrote:
YMix,

The Republican presidential candidate, Ben Carson, knows something about "blades" outside of the operating theatre.

Alex.
:lol: :lol:

That's all the more funny now that it's suspected this story is just something he made up.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If you guys get to make up stories (HRCS emails, Benghazi, obamacare) you have to let other people make up stories.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If you guys get to make up stories (HRCS emails, Benghazi, obamacare) you have to let other people make up stories.
The Benghazi allegations and the email "scandal" were definitely whoppers of the highest order. The American people are going to remember come election season. They're also going to remember how much they like Obamacare.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yeah.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/qui ... 20252.html
The most frequent words that come to mind when Americans think about Hillary Clinton are "liar" and "dishonest." That's according to a new national poll from Quinnipiac that asked more than 1500 registered voters to say the "first word" that comes to mind when they hear the Democratic presidential frontrunner's name.

The most frequently mentioned word was "liar," with 178 people mentioning the word. Next on the list are "dishonest" at 123 mentions and "untrustworthy" at 93 mentions.
The Democrats near record political collapse has been on obamacare almost alone. Now that the subsidies are peaking just as the penalties are getting warmed up, I'm quaking in my boots. :)

30 of the 60 Senators who voted for obamacare are no longer in office. By 2018 we may get the rest.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Quantitative Evaluation of local cultures:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pELwCqz2J ... oplay=true

Not too hard to understand why some areas are gun-phobic and others aren't.

Hint: The locals are crazy!
manolo

Post by manolo »

Zack Morris wrote: That's all the more funny now that it's suspected this story is just something he made up.
zack,

The strangest thing is that he thought making up this story would improve his standing with the GOP electorate.

You just couldn't make this stuff up (well except that he did). :roll:

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

deleted
Last edited by Doc on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:If you guys get to make up stories (HRCS emails, Benghazi, obamacare) you have to let other people make up stories.
The Benghazi allegations and the email "scandal" were definitely whoppers of the highest order. The American people are going to remember come election season. They're also going to remember how much they like Obamacare.
Pffffffffffffffffffffttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO !! Next time give a C&C warning
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
manolo wrote:
YMix,

Alex.
:lol: :lol:

That's all the more funny now that it's suspected this story is just something he made up.
You just don't like him because he is black
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:You just don't like him because he is black
Does that make Donald Trump a racist?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

After Paris we can say for all time that guncontrol does not work.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:You just don't like him because he is black
Does that make Donald Trump a racist?
Actually Trump is getting a lot of black support. But then again so is Carson