Dead white guys

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Dead white guys

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Obama has made the mess. Though he had help. But not so much from the above as they only have control over individual states By Obama's count that leaves another 55 states to account for.

Obama has done absolutely nothing to make things better. I honestly don't believe he cares to. I guess it is not his concern what happens to the middle class as long as he can shovel money at his friends.
Doing nothing to make things better doesn't mean he made the mess in the first place.
I saw a chart recently that show the amount of new retail construct there was in the US several years ago compared to today. There was 9 times what there is now. All the people that would have worked in those retail outlet are now doing what? Between the disruptive effect of online trade and cheap(by every meaning of the word) imports from China there is a big squeeze of the middle and lower classes going on. The lower classes have Obama and big government However that is only temporary as more and more people enter the lower class.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Mr. Perfect has assured me that technological progress does not have a disruptive effect on society. Those former construction and retail workers are probably too lazy to get jobs.

Obama made the mess much worse with his 1.2 trillion dollar stimulus/crony bailout With Obamacare cronyism with his attacks on large segments of the American economy.

AS for disruptive tech there are no jobs for anyone looking for one over 50 There are no jobs for anyone under 30 with anything but a STEM degree and there are only so many STEM jobs that are ever going to be available. Seems all the factories where people used to work in the US have been shipped to China.

The reason for sending all those factories to China was to get access to Chinese markets for high tech gadgets

Which suddenly doesn't seem to be working so well:

https://audioboom.com/boos/4493206-chin ... y-kazianis

Which in turn just goes to show how idiotic our New World Order political establishment in the US really is.

Given the reception the Political Establishment and the MSM have given Trump it seems they still refuse to see the clearly obvious results of their extreme stupidity

so, you honestly and without sarcasm think sitting on a factory line putting lavender in boxes will recreate the middle class ?

i cant tell when your being absurd anymore.

America is betrayed, fleeced by Wall Street crooks .. they destroyed White middle class America.

A good sample is this :

Facebook is now 6th biggest company in S&P with $ 345 B market cap, spending $ 14 m for the security of Zuckerberg last 3 yrs.

At the same time, Intel lays off 12,000 engineers and technologists .. Intel market cap $ 142 B (40% of Facebook)

If Facebook disappears today, nothing, absolutely nothing negative, will effect American economy .. in contrary, the Newspapers will again add revenue avoiding going broke .. people will gossip less .. in a nutshell, FB business has "zero economic value" for America .... But , wall street crooks, spin and spin FB making money.

On the other hand

If Intel disappears today, all kinds of things would stop functioning (including what Pentagon is all about), 100,000 "high paid engineers" will lose job, Koreans and Japanese and Chinese will dominate all technology and and and .. zero $ paid for Intel CEO Brian Krzanich security.

Well, Wall Street Crooks do not care for America's future .. they get money from FED with 0% rate, pump and dump rubbish (ever thought why no "hedge funds" in Germany ? ? they all in NY & London .. Germans busy making real things .. making money old fashion way)

In the process, American middle class loses and loses .. you no "greatest" anymore, neither "exceptional", Doc.

No, it ain't Obama .. no, Doc .. this going on since long long time, since Truman.

B4 Truman, things in America were made old fashion way.

Goldman sold "no doc mortgages", packaged them into securities, insured it with AIG, sold them to municipalities and universities as AAA investment grade papers, Paulson (Goldman body) shorted to the balls f*cking them all .. all legal .. Paulson became an "American Hero", American middle class home owners paid the price, American economy wiped out .. FED (Goldman accomplice) "re-funded" Goldman for papers not worth 5 cents on the dollar with "dollar for dollar" free money, Helicopter Money.

Anybody went to Jail ? ? Yes, Tamil Sri Lankan Raj Rajaratnam :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Obama has made the mess. Though he had help. But not so much from the above as they only have control over individual states By Obama's count that leaves another 55 states to account for.

Obama has done absolutely nothing to make things better. I honestly don't believe he cares to. I guess it is not his concern what happens to the middle class as long as he can shovel money at his friends.
Doing nothing to make things better doesn't mean he made the mess in the first place.
I saw a chart recently that show the amount of new retail construct there was in the US several years ago compared to today. There was 9 times what there is now. All the people that would have worked in those retail outlet are now doing what? Between the disruptive effect of online trade and cheap(by every meaning of the word) imports from China there is a big squeeze of the middle and lower classes going on. The lower classes have Obama and big government However that is only temporary as more and more people enter the lower class.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Mr. Perfect has assured me that technological progress does not have a disruptive effect on society. Those former construction and retail workers are probably too lazy to get jobs.

Obama made the mess much worse with his 1.2 trillion dollar stimulus/crony bailout With Obamacare cronyism with his attacks on large segments of the American economy.

AS for disruptive tech there are no jobs for anyone looking for one over 50 There are no jobs for anyone under 30 with anything but a STEM degree and there are only so many STEM jobs that are ever going to be available. Seems all the factories where people used to work in the US have been shipped to China.

The reason for sending all those factories to China was to get access to Chinese markets for high tech gadgets

Which suddenly doesn't seem to be working so well:

https://audioboom.com/boos/4493206-chin ... y-kazianis

Which in turn just goes to show how idiotic our New World Order political establishment in the US really is.

Given the reception the Political Establishment and the MSM have given Trump it seems they still refuse to see the clearly obvious results of their extreme stupidity

so, you honestly and without sarcasm think sitting on a factory line putting lavender in boxes will recreate the middle class ?

i cant tell when your being absurd anymore.
Yet there are factories somewhere turning out all of those boxes of lavender.

Given what we were told about China 20 years ago. How sending our factories there would simply grow the pie larger because we would be selling China all kind of high tech services "stuff" that they couldn't produce like we could. My real beef here is that the Political elitist class in the US decided they no loner want a bigger pie but a bigger share of a shrinking pie.

Currently there is a $550 billion trade deficit with China alone. The US is going the way of Argentina. And no I don't like it.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

It has grown the pie larger. Much larger. Problem is that the slices are not distributed to your liking. But that's because capitalism does not ensure a socially favorable distribution of wealth. Power dynamics and psychology are entirely absent from classical economics. So your "fair" share is merely what the market dictates.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:It has grown the pie larger. Much larger. Problem is that the slices are not distributed to your liking. But that's because capitalism does not ensure a socially favorable distribution of wealth. Power dynamics and psychology are entirely absent from classical economics. So your "fair" share is merely what the market dictates.
While your favorite leftists have added many 10's of thousands of pages to Federal and State regulations since 1977

Gee I wonder how that is going

https://audioboom.com/boos/4503537-regu ... tus-center
Regulatory Drag 1977-2012 was 25% of the potential GDP. @econpatrick. Patrick McLaughlin, Mercatus Center.
That is as of 2012 $ 4 Trillion(With a "T") dollars per year is lost due to new regulations since 1977.

That along with outsourcing of jobs, at least 50,000 factories to China alone in the last decade, and Obamacare induced 30 hour work weeks pretty much sums up where the economy is at today.

And it isn't free trade The Chinese are as of last year stealing more IP than ever.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-j ... SKCN0XI29V
U.S. charges woman for exporting underwater drone technology to Chin
a
The case underlines tensions between the United States and China over intellectual property rights. The FBI has said cases of economic espionage rose 53 percent in 2015, the majority of which involved Chinese nationals.
Let me ask you a question, do OPEC member states practice "Free Trade" with the US?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Regulations aren't what made -- as noddy said -- putting crap into boxes an unsustainable career. Regulations aren't what transformed the nature of the US economy! The massive wage differential between us and third world coupled with the rise of automation and knowledge industries is what did it! The rest is marginal.

The most highly regulated industries are still very lucrative: health care, law, finance, resource extraction. Your thesis is bunk.

Software and electronics are virtually totally unregulated. Why isn't everyone working there? Aren't you motivated enough?

Conservative economic thinking has totally imploded. It's all about the free market until it finally comes for you, too.
YMix

Post by YMix »

One last statistic, from Sentier Research. Median annual household income in the US reached $57,263 this past March, which was 4.5% higher than in March 2015.

But — and here’s where the anger comes in — this March’s figure is still slightly below the $57,342 median annual income in January 2000.

January 2000!

Americans haven’t gotten a raise in more than 16 years.
Bushobama.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

OPEC states are miserable places full of poor people. Is that what you Trumpeteers want? Top-down national policy that dictates how much to produce and invest, and appoints well-connected cronies to lead corporations?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Zack Morris wrote:Regulations aren't what made -- as noddy said -- putting crap into boxes an unsustainable career. Regulations aren't what transformed the nature of the US economy! The massive wage differential between us and third world coupled with the rise of automation and knowledge industries is what did it! The rest is marginal.
Delicious irony. 26 years after the fall of communism, the average US worker is being pushed into poverty by the former communists. Where have I seen this before? Oh, right...
"But nature's very bounty to the Roman husbandman and soldier proved his ruin. Patient of suffering, enduring of fatigue, wise in council, fierce in war, he routed all who opposed him ; and yet the vigorous mind and the robust frame which made him victorious in battle, were his weakness when at peace. He needed costly nutriment, and when brought into free economic competition with Africans and Asiatics, he starved. Such competition resulted directly from conquest, and came rapidly when Italy had become consolidated. [...]

It was this opening of the countries inhabited by races of a low vitality and unusual tenacity of life, which revolutionized the population of Italy ; for capitalistic farming, and cheap imported labour, gradually made the cultivation of the cereals by natives impossible, and thus destroyed the ancient race of husbandmen. During the second century, the precious metals poured into Latium in a flood, and eastern slaves undersold free labour in every branch of industry. There are no means of estimating, even approximately, the size of this involuntary migration, but it must have reached enormous numbers, for sixty thousand captives were the common booty of a campaign, and after provinces were annexed they were depopulated by the publicans.

The best field hands came from the regions where poverty had always been extreme, and where for countless generations men had been inured to toil on scanty food. Districts like Bithynia and Syria, where slaves could be bought for little or nothing, had always been tilled by races far more tenacious of life than any Europeans. After Lucullus plundered Pontus, a slave brought only four drachmae, or, perhaps, three shillings. On the other hand, competition grew sharper among the Italians themselves. As capital accumulated in the hands of the strongest, the poor grew poorer, and pauperism spread. As early as the Marcian war, in 90 b.c, Lucius Marcius Philippus estimated that there were only two thousand wealthy families among the burgesses. In about three hundred years nature had culled a pure plutocracy from what had been originally an essentially martial race."
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:OPEC states are miserable places full of poor people. Is that what you Trumpeteers want? Top-down national policy that dictates how much to produce and invest, and appoints well-connected cronies to lead corporations?

I want leadership that doesn't roll over in trade deals for statist dictators. You are playing a fools hand Zack. Disney and Apple are getting the boot by Xi

https://audioboom.com/boos/4493206-chin ... zianis?t=0

BTW Zack About those Intel layoffs....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ince-2010/
noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

America is betrayed, fleeced by Wall Street crooks .. they destroyed White middle class America.

A good sample is this :

Facebook is now 6th biggest company in S&P with $ 345 B market cap, spending $ 14 m for the security of Zuckerberg last 3 yrs.

At the same time, Intel lays off 12,000 engineers and technologists .. Intel market cap $ 142 B (40% of Facebook)

If Facebook disappears today, nothing, absolutely nothing negative, will effect American economy .. in contrary, the Newspapers will again add revenue avoiding going broke .. people will gossip less .. in a nutshell, FB business has "zero economic value" for America .... But , wall street crooks, spin and spin FB making money.

On the other hand

If Intel disappears today, all kinds of things would stop functioning (including what Pentagon is all about), 100,000 "high paid engineers" will lose job, Koreans and Japanese and Chinese will dominate all technology and and and .. zero $ paid for Intel CEO Brian Krzanich security.

Well, Wall Street Crooks do not care for America's future .. they get money from FED with 0% rate, pump and dump rubbish (ever thought why no "hedge funds" in Germany ? ? they all in NY & London .. Germans busy making real things .. making money old fashion way)

In the process, American middle class loses and loses .. you no "greatest" anymore, neither "exceptional", Doc.

No, it ain't Obama .. no, Doc .. this going on since long long time, since Truman.

B4 Truman, things in America were made old fashion way.

Goldman sold "no doc mortgages", packaged them into securities, insured it with AIG, sold them to municipalities and universities as AAA investment grade papers, Paulson (Goldman body) shorted to the balls f*cking them all .. all legal .. Paulson became an "American Hero", American middle class home owners paid the price, American economy wiped out .. FED (Goldman accomplice) "re-funded" Goldman for papers not worth 5 cents on the dollar with "dollar for dollar" free money, Helicopter Money.

Anybody went to Jail ? ? Yes, Tamil Sri Lankan Raj Rajaratnam :lol:

i dont accept this nonsense against facebook.

nearly every factory investment of the last century is now a waste of time, detroit and the rust belt are full of them - facebook and the entertainment industry are silly fluff but least they actually have relevance in the current world and make money.

in 5-10 years they will be forgotten, unless their investments in VR and AI pay off, which you neglect to mention in your rant - they may well be the cutting edge of new industries.

once again, it wasnt the fekking wall st that made america irrelevant to industry, it was asia waking up that did it and noone was going to stop asia waking up, the west invented industrial technology and got a huge head start but their was always going to be a return to normal and asians are not stupid.

the madness is no matter how many times you point out that china flooded every industry in every market with factory crap and employed less than 1/3 of its workforce, people still think their is a future in building factories.

factories are dead, we only need a few of them and they will employ relatively few people, my house has so much less crap in it now we have moved to general porpoise devices in smartphones and smart tvs, so many industries destroyed.

intel employees 100,000 people, woopty do, thats 1/100th of one city with nice jobs, this aint got jack to do with working class folk killing themselves due to lack of future in front of them, their biggest competitor is ARM, which is another western company.

its happeneing all around the world, rural folk going suicidal or explodey due to the lack of future for them and their kind - the wahabbi stuff is the same thing, different reaction.
Last edited by noddy on Tue May 03, 2016 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Doc wrote: Yet there are factories somewhere turning out all of those boxes of lavender.
not enough to employ working class folk at middle class living standards.
Doc wrote: Given what we were told about China 20 years ago. How sending our factories there would simply grow the pie larger because we would be selling China all kind of high tech services "stuff" that they couldn't produce like we could. My real beef here is that the Political elitist class in the US decided they no loner want a bigger pie but a bigger share of a shrinking pie.
sounds a fair bit of strawman to me, wrapped up in wishful thinking - you lot stopped being the best at producing 'stuff' long before china took off, american cars and electronics became jokes in the 70's in my county, noone wanted them, they were as bad as the english versions.

lots of things were said 20 years ago but the reality was noone was going to stop china,japan and korea from modernising and you could either get involved or you could be even more irrelevant than you currently are.
Doc wrote: Currently there is a $550 billion trade deficit with China alone. The US is going the way of Argentina. And no I don't like it.
i dont like the crushing of the poor and working class by the indulgent tax and debt funded socialist class either but im under no illusions as to some return to the glory days of the 1950's or whatever.

all i think is that all the taxes and fees and fines and legislation blah, make being a poor struggling sucker even harder than it already is and their is very little benefit to the sucker for being part of that system.

the socialists are largely a parasite class but they arent responsible for the world economy or realities of global trade.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

"In the long run...... we're all white!"
noddy

Post by noddy »

the only problem will be if the white guys start thinking all bitter and twisted like the arab guys instead of self destructing.

then the explodey thing will really get out of hand, as per the government fears.

ive said it before, banning drugs is the dumbest thing ever.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:the only problem will be if the white guys start thinking all bitter and twisted like the arab guys instead of self destructing.

then the explodey thing will really get out of hand, as per the government fears.

ive said it before, banning drugs is the dumbest thing ever.
Amen Bro. Self-destructiveness is Darwin & God working together for the common good of humanity!
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I'm pretty sure that all of us dying in time was the only way to make sure progress would be possible, however remotely :P We die for the sake of others. Charity going full monty! It's a hallelujah thing.

(Btw aren't we all white guys here on OTNOT, err of light complexion to be sure? :shock: )
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Parodite wrote:I'm pretty sure that all of us dying in time was the only way to make sure progress would be possible, however remotely :P We die for the sake of others. Charity going full monty! It's a hallelujah thing.

(Btw aren't we all white guys here on OTNOT, err of light complexion to be sure? :shock: )
Under some asinine definitions, I'm definitely not like you honkies. :)

It's a game, an absolute game to smuggle in all other sorts of stuff.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Tue May 31, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:
Doc wrote: Yet there are factories somewhere turning out all of those boxes of lavender.
not enough to employ working class folk at middle class living standards.
Doc wrote: Given what we were told about China 20 years ago. How sending our factories there would simply grow the pie larger because we would be selling China all kind of high tech services "stuff" that they couldn't produce like we could. My real beef here is that the Political elitist class in the US decided they no loner want a bigger pie but a bigger share of a shrinking pie.
sounds a fair bit of strawman to me, wrapped up in wishful thinking - you lot stopped being the best at producing 'stuff' long before china took off, american cars and electronics became jokes in the 70's in my county, noone wanted them, they were as bad as the english versions.

lots of things were said 20 years ago but the reality was noone was going to stop china,japan and korea from modernising and you could either get involved or you could be even more irrelevant than you currently are.
Doc wrote: Currently there is a $550 billion trade deficit with China alone. The US is going the way of Argentina. And no I don't like it.
i dont like the crushing of the poor and working class by the indulgent tax and debt funded socialist class either but im under no illusions as to some return to the glory days of the 1950's or whatever.

all i think is that all the taxes and fees and fines and legislation blah, make being a poor struggling sucker even harder than it already is and their is very little benefit to the sucker for being part of that system.

the socialists are largely a parasite class but they arent responsible for the world economy or realities of global trade.
The reality of Global trade for the US is that about 10% of US made products are shipped over seas. The only reason originally that trade was deemed important was because of Oil once the US imported so much of it. The US could be energy independent in 5 years with Fracking but the stupid Socialists don't want it even though a huge side effect has been that we burn Natural Gas in power plants instead of Oil and Coal. Which had lead to the US lowering Carbon emissions more than any other country in the world.
Heracleum Persicum

11174827_10153134769731329_1918572809473430169_n.jpg
11174827_10153134769731329_1918572809473430169_n.jpg (76.65 KiB) Viewed 567 times
12347677_1102918293075439_714032762051422423_n.jpg
12347677_1102918293075439_714032762051422423_n.jpg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Parodite wrote:I'm pretty sure that all of us dying in time was the only way to make sure progress would be possible, however remotely :P We die for the sake of others. Charity going full monty! It's a hallelujah thing.

Under some asinine definitions, I'm definitely not like you honkies. :)
Agreed. Some honkies are more equal than other honkies! ;)

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:[
It's a game, an absolute game to smuggle in all other sorts of stuff.

I keep my internet posting to a few places and right now, another place I post is slowly being torn apart by this sort of racialist gamesmanship.
Your posts are always welcome in my cyberspace. :)

The Us-Them game never ends for those obsessed with group identity.

Lots of money to be made playing the race card, the religion card, the left-right card, the nationalist card, etc.
noddy

Post by noddy »

if i stay out of the sun for enough months i fade to a pale olive, if i go into the sun im fairly swarthy and i used to be called nigger in high school.

anyway.
Doc wrote:
The reality of Global trade for the US is that about 10% of US made products are shipped over seas. The only reason originally that trade was deemed important was because of Oil once the US imported so much of it. The US could be energy independent in 5 years with Fracking but the stupid Socialists don't want it even though a huge side effect has been that we burn Natural Gas in power plants instead of Oil and Coal. Which had lead to the US lowering Carbon emissions more than any other country in the world.
the realities of global trade is that you could only have stopped it by doing a complete dummy spit on north korean levels and even then one would look at your drug and gun trade and ponder if that was even possible.

if you have money and resources then trade will happen, capitalism is unavoidable - only poor suckers with nothig to offer get to hermit away from the wider world.
ultracrepidarian
Alexis

Toddlers, police, weapons and such

Post by Alexis »

1. The assertion that "toddlers kill more Americans than foreign terrorists" is very dubious.

Within the last 15 years, foreign terrorists (mostly Saudi) have killed about 3,000 Americans, that is an average of 200 per year.

Are we to believe that toddlers kill more than 200 people in America every year? For me to believe that, I would need a more credible source than a political poster.

2. Assertion about use of lethal force by US compared to UK police officers by contrast is true.

This is obviously linked to the much higher number of fatalities among US than among UK police officers. Itself linked to the much wider general availability of firearms in America, compared to Britain, resulting in much higher availability of firearms for criminals.

Well, America has certain rules regarding possession of weapons, and the police has to adapt. What is so surprising here?

3. Incidentally, I don't expect Americans to change their rules about weapons anytime soon, but let's assume for a moment that they would. Well, one has to understand that applying these rules would be violent. Very.

I'm not speaking of general citizenry - remember, the assumption is that Americans have democratically decided to change these rules, therefore most of them do agree. However, what about criminals? How practically can they be disarmed?

It's not impossible, mind you. Stalin for example could do it. However, how could it be done quickly enough without resorting to the ways of a police State?

Add in the fact that once this violent disarming of criminals have taken place... they must be prevented from smuggling in new weapons, e.g. from nearby Mexico, where I'm told that border control is less than stellar.

Therefore, practical application of disarmement of criminals would also need that Big Wall... hello, Donald, are you there? :lol:

I'm not sure those people in America noisily complaining about police "violence" or aiming at systematic change to European- or Australian-like weapon control regime do understand fully what they're asking for...
Simple Minded

Re: Toddlers, police, weapons and such

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:1. The assertion that "toddlers kill more Americans than foreign terrorists" is very dubious.

Within the last 15 years, foreign terrorists (mostly Saudi) have killed about 3,000 Americans, that is an average of 200 per year.

Are we to believe that toddlers kill more than 200 people in America every year? For me to believe that, I would need a more credible source than a political poster.

2. Assertion about use of lethal force by US compared to UK police officers by contrast is true.

This is obviously linked to the much higher number of fatalities among US than among UK police officers. Itself linked to the much wider general availability of firearms in America, compared to Britain, resulting in much higher availability of firearms for criminals.

Well, America has certain rules regarding possession of weapons, and the police has to adapt. What is so surprising here?

3. Incidentally, I don't expect Americans to change their rules about weapons anytime soon, but let's assume for a moment that they would. Well, one has to understand that applying these rules would be violent. Very.

I'm not speaking of general citizenry - remember, the assumption is that Americans have democratically decided to change these rules, therefore most of them do agree. However, what about criminals? How practically can they be disarmed?

It's not impossible, mind you. Stalin for example could do it. However, how could it be done quickly enough without resorting to the ways of a police State?

Add in the fact that once this violent disarming of criminals have taken place... they must be prevented from smuggling in new weapons, e.g. from nearby Mexico, where I'm told that border control is less than stellar.

Therefore, practical application of disarmement of criminals would also need that Big Wall... hello, Donald, are you there? :lol:
Alexis,

Kudos for one of the most thoughtful posts on gun control I have ever read. as Nonc previously pointed out, the problem with gun control laws is that they target (pun intended) the law abiding citizen.

My favorite gun control discussion question: "Tomorrow morning you decide on a career change. You are gong to prey on other humans. You live on the county line. The county to the east has very strict gun control laws and a low percentage of the population are gun owners. The county to the west has very loose gun control laws and high percentage of the population are gun owners. In which county will you practice your new trade?"
Alexis wrote: I'm not sure those people in America noisily complaining about police "violence" or aiming at systematic change to European- or Australian-like weapon control regime do understand fully what they're asking for...
They have no clue. They choose only the localized data points that support their personal prejudices. Lots of cultures to choose from over here. Personal choices and filters always determine perspectives.

I think if most of the hysterical proselytizers really felt that they were in danger, they would move.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

HP,

What if the toddlers who are killing people are actually reincarnated Buddhists, and their victims are merely repaying a Karmic debt?

They say God works in mysterious ways. ;) In shallah.

This could be the will of god (or at least one of them) in action!
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.

HP,

What if the toddlers who are killing people are actually reincarnated Buddhists, and their victims are merely repaying a Karmic debt ?

This could be the will of god (or at least one of them) in action !

Hmmm .. there must be some reason for Americans repaying the "Karmic debt" of all other inhabitants of planet earth ?

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:.

HP,

What if the toddlers who are killing people are actually reincarnated Buddhists, and their victims are merely repaying a Karmic debt ?

This could be the will of god (or at least one of them) in action !

Hmmm .. there must be some reason for Americans repaying the "Karmic debt" of all other inhabitants of planet earth ?

HP,

I'm not sure group identity and Karma are compatible concepts. If so, only god knows why. ;)