The effects of Tea Party fiscal policy on Kansas, Louisiana

Doc

Re: The effects of Tea Party fiscal policy on Kansas, Louisi

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Meanwhile, somewhere in Ferris Buehler's homeroom class:

Illinois....Illinois....Illinois....

not a peep about the fiscal policy of Illinois
Is Illinois still a state? I heard that due to its failed state status it is supposed to be broken up and absorbed by the surrounding states.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Oops. Looks like ymix and co still live in the bubble.

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-m ... m-not.aspx
More recently, in March 2017, Americans viewed President Trump's general plan to "significantly cut federal income taxes for the middle class" positively: 61% agreed with the plan (with no mention of Trump in the question), 26% disagreed and 13% had no opinion.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-0 ... just-start
America's Pension Bomb: Illinois Is Just the Start
Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Jul 1, 2017 8:20 PM

We've written quite a bit over the past couple of months about the pending financial crisis in Illinois which will inevitability result in the state's debt being downgraded to "junk" at some point in the near future (here is our latest from just this morning: "From Horrific To Catastrophic": Court Ruling Sends Illinois Into Financial Abyss).

Unfortunately, the state of Illinois doesn't have a monopoly on ignorant politicians...they're everywhere. And, since the end of World War II, those ignorant politicians have been promising American Baby Boomers more and more entitlements while never collecting nearly enough money to cover them all...it's all been a massive state-sponsored scam.
2017.07.01 - Pension 1_0.JPG
2017.07.01 - Pension 1_0.JPG (31.84 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Last edited by Doc on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The Pension crisis goes back to at least Nixon's time when he closed the gold window. There are no good actors in this drama, including present politicians of any stripe.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

NJ closes unable to pass a state Budget

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... mpact.html

NJ government shutdown amid budget impasse, residents feeling the impact

Pennsylvania did manage to pass a budge yesterday but has no means to pay for it.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Sam Brownback, the beleaguered governor of Kansas whose aggressively conservative fiscal polices turned some fellow Republicans against him, will be nominated to serve as ambassador at large for international religious freedom, the White House said in a statement on Wednesday.
The man who wanted to reduce government in Kansas now wants to draw a paycheck from the federal government.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:
Sam Brownback, the beleaguered governor of Kansas whose aggressively conservative fiscal polices turned some fellow Republicans against him, will be nominated to serve as ambassador at large for international religious freedom, the White House said in a statement on Wednesday.
The man who wanted to reduce government in Kansas now wants to draw a paycheck from the federal government.
You'd hope someone would be tipped off by the social mood and quietly go away and find something more productive to do.

It has been done before, it is possible.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
YMix wrote:
You'd hope someone would be tipped off by the social mood and quietly go away and find something more productive to do.

:lol: Talk about being a party loyalist and getting a political payoff....... Ambassador at large for international religious freedom of the US, or just Kansas?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:
YMix wrote:

:lol: Talk about being a party loyalist and getting a political payoff....... Ambassador at large for international religious freedom of the US, or just Kansas?
...and now they don't merely take the sinecure and go on with life; the new thing is to use these gift positions as a bench spot to build your party power and recharge your batteries for the next run at office.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Simple Minded wrote:
YMix wrote:

...and now they don't merely take the sinecure and go on with life; the new thing is to use these gift positions as a bench spot to build your party power and recharge your batteries for the next run at office.
"Now that I have completed my personal Jihad of being Ambassador at large for international religious freedom and found Jesus, I think it is in everyone's best interest that I run for the office of ________ and serve humanity as Buddha did. Not for personal gain, but in the universal interests of saving the children!"