Trump wins!

Simple Minded

Re: Trump wins!

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:.
A lot more to come. America is becoming Great Again.

Why Canada Is Able to Do Things Better :D
when it comes to government, you pay for what you get.
:lol:

Canadians tend not to talk about making their country great again. Canada never was particularly great—at least not in the sense that Trump uses the word. Unlike Americans, Canadians haven’t been conditioned to see history in epic, revolutionary terms. For them, it’s more transactional: You pay your taxes, you get your government. That might not be chanted at any political rallies or printed on any baseball hats. But it works for Canada. And it’d work for America too.

:lol: :lol: :lol: , true , it works

SM, you have the mike ;)

Amen HP! This is what I have been saying for a long time. Voting at ballot box, not very effective; voting with one's feet very effective.

Canada better than US! All disgruntled people in US and rest of the world should take note!

World's longest unsecured border only thing between US and Canada. Traveling from US to Canada, similar to traveling from PA to NY.

I see you are still getting a paycheck from both Trump (for discouraging immigration into US) and Trudeau (for promoting immigration into Canada). You sly bastard! ;)

In related news, UFO abductions and attacks from Bigfoot are skyrocketing in SimpleMindedStan. As well as climate change, racism, pollution, sexism, misogynism, blank-o-phobia, and out of control forest fires. What a disaster! :P
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The US vetoed the vote as it has repeatedly done with any resolution condemning Israel.

How would the resolution now come before the General Rabble?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:.

The US vetoed the vote as it has repeatedly done with any resolution condemning Israel.

. . supporters in the UN appear to be attempting to force the Trump administration into using its veto in ways that isolate both Israel and the US. .

This not about Israel, this about US losing the position of "honest mediator" which never was (but acted as it was) .. when 14 security council members say Jerusalem issue must be settled in negotiation between Pali and Israel, and US unilaterally sides with Israel, US is disarmed as arbitrator for that conflict.

Issue here not even US/Americans, issue world opinion .. everybody watching .. and, the world, representing 14 to 1 vote, disagrees with US.

What did US, Trump, gain from this ? in contrary, lost a lot.

All this, water on Ayatollah's mill, they win most of the time by default. :lol:

Typhoon wrote: How would the resolution now come before the General Rabble ?
It is coming to General assembly vote

Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:.
A lot more to come. America is becoming Great Again.

Why Canada Is Able to Do Things Better :D
when it comes to government, you pay for what you get.

Canadians tend not to talk about making their country great again. Canada never was particularly great—at least not in the sense that Trump uses the word. Unlike Americans, Canadians haven’t been conditioned to see history in epic, revolutionary terms. For them, it’s more transactional: You pay your taxes, you get your government. That might not be chanted at any political rallies or printed on any baseball hats. But it works for Canada. And it’d work for America too.

:lol: :lol: :lol: , true , it works

SM, you have the mike ;)

Amen HP ! This is what I have been saying for a long time. Voting at ballot box, not very effective; voting with one's feet very effective.

“ The process was bang on ”

“It’s more successful than we predicted,” Canada’s Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen said in a phone interview. “This program came from the business community. They identified a challenge and said you need to fix it.”

“We’ve seen a spike in talent coming from south to north for our companies,” says Yung Wu, CEO at tech incubator MaRS Discovery District. “They are reporting 30 to 40 percent of their applicants coming from down south.”

That should tell you something, SM .. Immigration minister, Ahmed Hussen .. (Somali: Arabic: أحمد حسين‎)

Heracleum Persicum

An Embarrassing Veto

The use of the veto to block the resolution is a measure of how overwhelming the international consensus against the U.S. position on Jerusalem is.

The Security Council vote is notable for its implicit rebuke of a permanent member’s action. It is a measure of how overwhelming the international consensus against the U.S. position is, and it is a sign of how inept the administration’s diplomacy continues to be. The U.S. exercised its veto to avoid the spectacle of a critical resolution being passed with the support of all the other members.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

If Americans vote for presidents who recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and want to move their embassy there it is their business. And the outcome of democratic process, consent between individual national players, in this case the US gvt and the Israeli gvt. That this troubles others.. so what? They don't seem to care much about nor respect democracy which is the more troubling aspect. It seems to me that the question where embassies should be located is entirely a matter between autonomous nations.

The "good" part of the general condemnation of Trumps move, from a cynical Israeli perspective, is that it stimulates Palestinian behavior that has always been detrimental to their own future and subconsciously confirms the perception of Arabs by their Western "supporters" as wild irrational monkeys that have only one default mode of operation: that of a lower human breed easily triggered into obscene violence and mass hysteria. If you want to be tough on Israel and have them make different decisions re the Palestinian conflict this is the wrong way to do it. It makes the Palestinians only weaker and look more pathetic.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:.

If Americans vote for presidents who recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and want to move their embassy there it is their business. And the outcome of democratic process, consent between individual national players, in this case the US gvt and the Israeli gvt. That this troubles others.. so what? They don't seem to care much about nor respect democracy which is the more troubling aspect. It seems to me that the question where embassies should be located is entirely a matter between autonomous nations.

The "good" part of the general condemnation of Trumps move, from a cynical Israeli perspective, is that it stimulates Palestinian behavior that has always been detrimental to their own future and subconsciously confirms the perception of Arabs by their Western "supporters" as wild irrational monkeys that have only one default mode of operation: that of a lower human breed easily triggered into obscene violence and mass hysteria. If you want to be tough on Israel and have them make different decisions re the Palestinian conflict this is the wrong way to do it. It makes the Palestinians only weaker and look more pathetic.

Nov. 29, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for Palestine to be partitioned between Arabs and Jews, allowing for the formation of the Jewish state of Israel .. legitimacy of Israel based on that vote

Add to that British "Balfour Declaration" .. add to that France helping Israel build nuclear bomb .. and many other add ons

But, all this not the issue

Issue much bigger than embassy issue in Jerusalem.

- Now US in isolation, all world disagrees with US, except Israel .. even western allies disagree.

- US now can not function as mediator, arbiter in Pali/Israel conflict .. that creates a dangerous situation.

- UN is now weakened on the world stage.

That US decision was even not in US interest, as US now has lost even the "pretension" to be even handed.

Now, probably the Europeans, French and Brits, will step in as "arbitrator , mediator" , Israel and US on one side, everybody else on the other side .. already happening.

That diminishes US role in world affaires

Now, Chinese in bed with Assad, building Syria to main hub of Chinese silk road , Begin Sadat Center

America more and more left in the cold

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

HP, all that is irrelevant.

That non-US others may become mediators is at their own peril; all we can do is wish them good luck. But experience learns that these stubborn donkeys, the Izzies and the Pals, are too thick headed to be helped or cured by any outside powers. The rest is meaningless sound bites and virtue signaling.

As for China investing in Syria, so what? If Syria rebuilds economically with a new political stability... that would be good for everyone, included the US. China loves doing business with anyone, especially consumer markets in the West. It would save the US a lot of trouble if they stay out of it until others cleared the mess. Which is doubtful to happen any time soon... but staying out as much as possible strengthens the US immediately. That you like to see this as the US becoming irrelevant and a negative is having reality upside down, I'm sorry.

The US cares primarily about Israel and its safety, much less about Arabs and their internal ethno-religious feuds, so it can just stay in the background ready to help defend Israel in case of a real existential threat.

I know you like to think of some China-Russia-Iran-Syria-[.." the rest"] alliance that will oppose the Israel-USA alliance..but they will not sacrifice their own interests, when push comes to shove, just to save a few miserable Palestinians nobody cares about anyways. In the end the big boys make deals, dividing the loot while paying lip service to some unlucky downtrodden handful to keep their supporters and sponsors happy.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:HP, all that is irrelevant.

That non-US others may become mediators is at their own peril; all we can do is wish them good luck. But experience learns that these stubborn donkeys, the Izzies and the Pals, are too thick headed to be helped or cured by any outside powers. The rest is meaningless sound bites and virtue signaling.

As for China investing in Syria, so what? If Syria rebuilds economically with a new political stability... that would be good for everyone, included the US. China loves doing business with anyone, especially consumer markets in the West. It would save the US a lot of trouble if they stay out of it until others cleared the mess. Which is doubtful to happen any time soon... but staying out as much as possible strengthens the US immediately. That you like to see this as the US becoming irrelevant and a negative is having reality upside down, I'm sorry.

The US cares primarily about Israel and its safety, much less about Arabs and their internal ethno-religious feuds, so it can just stay in the background ready to help defend Israel in case of a real existential threat.

I know you like to think of some China-Russia-Iran-Syria-[.." the rest"] alliance that will oppose the Israel-USA alliance..but they will not sacrifice their own interests, when push comes to shove, just to save a few miserable Palestinians nobody cares about anyways. In the end the big boys make deals, dividing the loot while paying lip service to some unlucky downtrodden handful to keep their supporters and sponsors happy.

Very well said. When it comes to reality, the stagecraft of the magical "we" always gets trumped (no pun intended) by self interest, or in the case of the UN, national interest.

Palestinians are nothing more than expendable pawns in the eyes of most Arabs. If Israel disappeared tomorrow, the rest of the Arab world would declare open season on Palestinians and their land the next day.

Palestinians are the "carbon credits" of the Middle East climate change process.

The sooner the US isolates itself from the Middle East, the better for the US.

If the UN really wanted to make a meaningful statement, that would really embarrass Trump and the US, they should announce that effective January 1, 2018, they are leaving NYC and setting up shop in the Middle East. Preferably Palestine. That would be a show of solidarity! And...... change you can believe in! :P

Dream come true for NYT and the Graundian.

Trump could offer a huge economic incentive to do so by paying all the UN ambassador's parking tickets. On second thought, not one red cent, NYC is a sanctuary city, let them collect or eat those parking fines.

Trump should announce that the US is considering an alternative world body to the UN. Only representative democracies/republics would be eligible for membership. The current market might just welcome the Competition!
Heracleum Persicum

How would the resolution now come before the General Rabble ?

193-member United Nations General Assembly will hold a rare emergency special session on Thursday
on U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
Only 10 such sessions have been convened

U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley, in a note on Twitter, warned the United States would remember those who voted for the resolution criticizing the U.S. decision.

This not about Pali, nor about Izzi, neither about Jerusalem, nor about any embassy.

This about US confronting world, confronting Brits, French, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Indians and IRANIANS

Main beneficiary will be, you guessed it, Ayatollahs :lol:

mad mullahs can now hammer MBS arguing he in bed with Kushner, selling out Muslims .. Erdogan seconding (BTW, Erdogan announced opening Turkish embassy in East Jerusalem capital of Palestine :) ).

Masks are off .. Interesting to see who votes what .. MBS might abstain :lol: :lol:

Lets see how Japan votes, my guess is Canada might side with US.

noddy

Post by noddy »

the best part of a american withdraw from the middle east will be how quick the story changes on whos fault its still a basket case.

oh, those noble europeans like germany and norway are paying top dollar to get rid of their arabs, so much posturing, so many lies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 63496.html
http://www.dw.com/en/program-paying-asy ... a-37374656
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

193-member United Nations General Assembly will hold a rare emergency special session on Thursday
on U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

Wow, sounds important.

Not.

The only thing most member states of the General Rabble excel at is repressing and exploiting their own citizens.

In all other matters, they're as potent as eunuchs in a harem.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Don't know how to tell you this but your side lost azari.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:Don't know how to tell you this but your side lost azari.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ecognition

Haley writes: “As you consider your vote, I encourage you to know the president and the US take this vote personally.

“The president will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those who voted against us,” she continued.

This a world referendum about Trump and his policy, unfortunately also America.

Tomorrow's vote will show who is who.

My guess is Canada will vote with US, am not sure about Japan and India .. we will see

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:the best part of a american withdraw from the middle east will be how quick the story changes on whos fault its still a basket case.

oh, those noble europeans like germany and norway are paying top dollar to get rid of their arabs, so much posturing, so many lies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 63496.html
http://www.dw.com/en/program-paying-asy ... a-37374656
two more data points that prove the science deniers are wrong and that climate change is real.....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

Wow, sounds important.

Not.
How can you not take it seriously? This was a "rare emergency special session!" The other nine sessions probably dealt with really serious sh1t like global warming.

I'll take it seriously when the UN places the US on "double secret probation!"
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Haley writes: “As you consider your vote, I encourage you to know the president and the US take this vote personally.

“The president will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those who voted against us,” she continued.
I love Haley's stern school marm response to the incorrigible churren........ "Santa Clause is watching you! He's making a list, and checking it twice....."
Heracleum Persicum

Navigating a minefield

:lol: .. another silly idea

Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:

I love Haley's stern school marm response to the incorrigible churren........ "Santa Clause is watching you! He's making a list, and checking it twice....."

Trump threatened to cut off American aid to any country that votes in favor of a resolution at the UN denouncing his decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

“All these nations that take our money and then vote against us at the Security Council or the assembly, they take hundreds of millions of dollars and billions of dollars and they vote against us,” Mr. Trump said. “Well, we’re watching those votes. Let them vote against us, we’ll save a lot. We don’t care.”

Mr. Trump added that “people are tired of the United States — people that live here, our great citizens that love this country — they’re tired of this country being taken advantage of and we’re not going to be taken advantage of any longer.”

It is difficult to see how Mr. Trump could deliver on his threat to cut financial assistance, since it could involve cutting off aid to a number of strategic allies. The United States has given $77.4 billion in foreign aid to Egypt between 1948 and 2016, according to the Congressional Research Service, including about $1.3 billion in military aid since 1987.

:lol: :lol: .. what a disaster .. now, those who vote with US could be viewed as "cashed in" Beforehand. :)

' Let them vote against us. We don’t care '
‘We’re not going to be taken advantage of any longer’

Donald Trump has threatened to withhold “billions” of dollars of US aid from countries which vote to condemn the US president’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Speaking at a cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Trump said: “Let them vote against us. We’ll save a lot. We don’t care. But this isn’t like it used to be where they could vote against you and then you pay them hundreds of millions of dollars,” he said. “We’re not going to be taken advantage of any longer.”

The warning appeared aimed largely at UN members from poorer nations in Africa and Asia who are regarded as more vulnerable to US pressure.

Egypt, which drafted Monday’s UN security council resolution which the US vetoed, is particularly vulnerable receiving $1.2bn in US aid last year.

But Trump’s comments may also resonate elsewhere – including in the UK which is hoping to negotiate a quick post-Brexit trade deal with Washington.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Makes sense.

Most aid ends up in the offshore bank accounts of 3rd world kleptocrats anyways.
Heracleum Persicum

Most aid ends up in the offshore bank accounts of 3rd world kleptocrats anyways.

True, those no aid but bribes to western cronies :lol: probably paid directly into
offshore bank accounts. :)

vagkNjhFaQo

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

True, those no aid but bribes to western cronies :lol: probably paid directly into
offshore bank accounts. :)

vagkNjhFaQo

Until they threaten to leave NYC for Palestine, it's hard to take any UN critique seriously.

Yeah baby! Great message! People tend to vote their wallet!

Time for an alternate organization. The Alt-UN has a nice, trendy ring to it.
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.

Until they threaten to leave NYC for Palestine, it's hard to take any UN critique seriously.

Yeah baby! Great message! People tend to vote their wallet!

Time for an alternate organization. The Alt-UN has a nice, trendy ring to it.

NYC expensive place, and not anymore "neutral" territory .. does not need anymore the business either .. UN now not welcome in NYC, started with RR time Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, saying if UN does sign on the dotted line, it should move away.

Maybe time to move UN to a "neutral", less costly, more friendly and welcome territory.

Portugal a good place .. CENTRAL .. very friendly population, sunny, wonderful beaches, excellent food, European, almost all Portuguese speak english, not expensive, UN business am sure would be appreciated by Portuguese (and economy), housing excellent quality and low price .. Politically neutral, they have no dog in any race.

Till now, after WW2, US was representing non communist world, acting as "fiduciary", perceived as acting in
"common interest" .. now, Trump saying America acting primarily in self interest, this different ballgame.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I agree, send UN packing. NYC terrible place for UN. Send them packing.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Donald Trump is now the greatest conservative since Reagan. The question is will he become greater than Reagan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 04819.html
Looking out over the South Lawn of the White House, flanked by the lawmakers who had just handed him the greatest victory of his tumultuous young presidency, Donald Trump drank in the scene.

For this most unconventional of presidents -- impulsive, unpredictable, so often frustrated by the exercise of power -- it was payback time at last.

In the chill December air, under a pale sky dotted with clouds, Trump was celebrating passage of the sweeping tax reform he promised to push through if American voters delivered him to the Oval Office.

The much-anticipated event had been staged with care: lawmakers and advisors, primed to cheer and applaud, surrounded him at the lectern, and packed the majestic staircases that framed the scene.