Trump wins!

Mr. Perfect

Re: Trump wins!

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If you look t Obama campaign pledges vs what he tried to do and what he ended up with, you get 3 separate stories. Nyt knows this, simply tricking you. All this is perfectly normal.

The biggest issue in America is fake news, NYT leading the way, leading you by the nose.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

SM (& MP), Trump might be crazy, but he sure no idi*t .. knows when to fold .. :lol: :lol:
Damn shame he will never win the election........ :P

Sooo.... you did the right thing by voting for him after all? ;)

Iranian ally, who scares people in to leaving America or from even coming to America. Genius. You two are birds of a feather. ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:.
Mr. Perfect wrote:.
NYT is fake news.

Donald Trump Has Changed His Mind
a Heck of a Lot

MP, the emperor is naked :lol:

There’s a plus side to all this craziness. It’s better to have a president who flips around like a jumping bean to one who has a disciplined, well-thought-out strategy for handing corporate America and hedge fund owners more tax breaks.

You don’t want all that much consistency when you’ve got a chief executive whose recent triumph in regulatory reform was to roll back the requirement that new highways be protected against flooding — 10 days before the first hurricane.

:lol: :lol: .. loooove it

The real problems have nothing to do with the current Trump admin:

1/ More than a century of under investment in flood and storm surge infrastructure.

2/ Hurricane and flood insurance which gives people the perverse incentive to build in at risk regions.

3/ Rapid development, covering soil with concrete and draining flood plain deltas, without taking into account flooding due to lack of drainage.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

POTUS Trump does a deal with the Democrats to raise the debt ceiling thereby throwing the few fiscal conservative Republicans under the tank.

The US govt debt celebrates by passing the US$ 20 trillion mark.

Global perspective:

Nations scaled by their debt to GDP ratios
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol that's not what happened. It's amazing how lo information most people are who follow politics.

The hapless Ryan McConnell have been unable to fashion a budget or appropriations process that funds the government in a responsible fashion yet, 10 months after the election. As such, we were facing a government shutdown for no reason.

Now, I have no problem shutting the government down for good reason, but for no reason seems idiotic. Since Ryan and McConnell could not do their jobs Trump had to make a deal with Democrats. As a result pressure is ratcheting up on Ryan McConnell. I'm not yet willing to make a prediction yet but I think McConnell's days are numbered.

The problem is with the inability to govern by Congressional Republicans.

Before you have a coronary, they are still infinitely preferable to Democrats of any kind. Once we get some competent legislative leadership we are home free.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump has outmaneuvered Democrats on illegal Mexicans. A political genius unlike I've ever seen.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Dr ... 19613.html
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol that's not what happened. It's amazing how lo information most people are who follow politics.

The hapless Ryan McConnell have been unable to fashion a budget or appropriations process that funds the government in a responsible fashion yet, 10 months after the election. As such, we were facing a government shutdown for no reason.

Now, I have no problem shutting the government down for good reason, but for no reason seems idiotic. Since Ryan and McConnell could not do their jobs Trump had to make a deal with Democrats. As a result pressure is ratcheting up on Ryan McConnell. I'm not yet willing to make a prediction yet but I think McConnell's days are numbered.

The problem is with the inability to govern by Congressional Republicans.

Before you have a coronary, they are still infinitely preferable to Democrats of any kind. Once we get some competent legislative leadership we are home free.
Sure. And the sun revolves around the earth.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol. You're just jealous.

We're Making America Great Again. Re election guaranteed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... esh-record
U.S. household wealth increased in the second quarter to yet another record, driven by solid gains in financial assets and rising property values, figures from the Federal Reserve in Washington showed Thursday.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What happens when you have a winner running things.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... president/
President Trump received glowing praise Thursday from Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani for the new war strategy, which was credited for turning around the 16-year war against Taliban militants and other radical Islamic terrorists.

“It is a difference of day and night,” Mr. Ghani said at a meeting with Mr. Trump. “The cloud of uncertainty has been lifted, but equally important is your commitment to a political solution at the end of this process.”
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Chinese central bank stops business with the leader of the North Koreans, Rocket Man, pictured below

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump hits grand slam home run, is establishing himself as our greatest President.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-trash ... the-field/
President Trump brought up NFL players kneeling during the anthem in his Alabama rally tonight after talking about how “we respect our flag.”

“Wouldn’t you love to see,” the President asked, “one of these NFL owners when somebody disrespects our flag to say ‘get that son of a bitch off the field right now’?”

He slammed the “total disrespect of our heritage” and “everything that we stand for.”
Doc

Post by Doc »

I wonder what all these protesters would say if the US military decided to take a knee if rocket boy attacked NFL stadiums.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Fussing about who stands up for the national anthem and NFL football are both idiotic concerns.

American football is simply going out of fashion.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Fussing about who stands up for the national anthem and NFL football are both idiotic concerns.

Current evidence suggests that CTE, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, is an occupational hazard.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The now-indefinite ban on almost all kinds of travel from Iran
a pointless slap in the face of
one of the most pro-American peoples in the world

Iranians coming to visit the U.S. don’t pose a security threat, no Iranians have been engaged in terrorist attacks in the West, and the now-indefinite ban on almost all kinds of travel from Iran is a pointless slap in the face of one of the most pro-American peoples in the world.

:lol: :lol: .. very funny

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The now-indefinite ban on almost all kinds of travel from Iran
a pointless slap in the face of
one of the most pro-American peoples in the world

Iranians coming to visit the U.S. don’t pose a security threat, no Iranians have been engaged in terrorist attacks in the West, and the now-indefinite ban on almost all kinds of travel from Iran is a pointless slap in the face of one of the most pro-American peoples in the world.

:lol: :lol: .. very funny

If Iran would like to get on the good side of the US, then it should make peace with Israel.

Otherwise, it can expect a travel ban for the foreseeable future.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Fussing about who stands up for the national anthem and NFL football are both idiotic concerns.

No. In the last 10 years we have become a country where displaying the American Flag is considered racist white supremacy.

Liberalism, leftism is about destroying America, the one country with Christianity and Capitalism as core principles. As such the leftist experiment from the beginning has been to simply destroy it.

Enough is enough. Trump is the first politician since Reagan willing to stand up for America and may God bless him for it.

God Bless America, the greatest country on planet earth.
NapLajoieonSteroids

I think I'm with Mr.P on this one.

You would think, "who cares if a player kneels or keels over?" on the sidelines.

But the NFL clearly does, and selectively enforces which little deviation from the rules are allowed and which aren't.

9/11 tribute on uniform? Not allowed.

against transvestite bathrooms? Not allowed.

decals for the 5 cops killed in Dallas last year? Not allowed.

celebrating in the end zone? Not allowed.

Tim Tebow kneeling in prayer? Not allowed.

The NFL is tacitly approving of the kneeling, and all the baggage which comes with it. Why shouldn't customers be able to complain? The sport cynically wraps itself in the flag and being hyper-patriotic for a fan's dollar.

So which is it?

...and I think what was at the beginning distraction to sell traditional media (the dopey guy who started this whole thing) only started to anger people when the media kept pushing it and pushing it and pushing it; creating a wedge for all the SJW nuttiness to enter the picture- why should anyone accept every principle about America being irredeemably racist, sexist, colonialists...and therefore invalid as an entity? It is every assertion the American left wishes were indisputable but remains very much in dispute and disagreed upon.

That isn't the guy's fault who started it but that is what its come to.

It's aggression for me and you'll take it. People do not wish to take it anymore.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I think I'm with Mr.P on this one.

You would think, "who cares if a player kneels or keels over?" on the sidelines.

But the NFL clearly does, and selectively enforces which little deviation from the rules are allowed and which aren't.

9/11 tribute on uniform? Not allowed.

against transvestite bathrooms? Not allowed.

decals for the 5 cops killed in Dallas last year? Not allowed.

celebrating in the end zone? Not allowed.

Tim Tebow kneeling in prayer? Not allowed.

The NFL is tacitly approving of the kneeling, and all the baggage which comes with it. Why shouldn't customers be able to complain? The sport cynically wraps itself in the flag and being hyper-patriotic for a fan's dollar.

So which is it?

...and I think what was at the beginning distraction to sell traditional media (the dopey guy who started this whole thing) only started to anger people when the media kept pushing it and pushing it and pushing it; creating a wedge for all the SJW nuttiness to enter the picture- why should anyone accept every principle about America being irredeemably racist, sexist, colonialists...and therefore invalid as an entity? It is every assertion the American left wishes were indisputable but remains very much in dispute and disagreed upon.

That isn't the guy's fault who started it but that is what its come to.

It's aggression for me and you'll take it. People do not wish to take it anymore.
Well said. NFL management has lost control of their business plan just like the Big Three automakers lost control of their companies to the UAW.

This will be settled by the free market and voluntary game attendance or avoidance and channel switching. Ideology versus insulting the buyer. It will be much more interesting than the game of football itself.

Will be an interesting contest between group identity labels/ideals & the concept of team and individual paychecks/industry income if the fans start turning away.

5 bazillion cable channels and infinite entertainment available on the internet. Could be very bad timing for those who wish to make entertainment into political proselytizing and proclaim their butthurt.

I think waaaaaay back in the day, the Old Redneck Zen masters used to say "Don't call people deplorables, if you want them to vote for you or buy your jersey."
NapLajoieonSteroids

The old Michael Jordan line, "Republicans buy sneakers too."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's also classic leftist's "I get to criticize and be immune from criticism". We have to kill this in the crib.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's also weird how a testosterone fueled sport became liberal.
NapLajoieonSteroids

It's because sports have become some sort of weird catharsis and exhibition for everything else?

I can't remember where I read it but someone pointed out: when was the last time a team was just happy just to win the championship?

Now, it's "the experience is overwhelming because my kid is in the hospital, and I lost my father at 11 in a mowing accident, and I come from nowheresville where I struggled with adversity, looking towards a life of being a paperboy and my wife has one leg....and you the viewer, should be in the moment with me."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's worse than anyone is really pointing out because the NFL and many counterparts (players, media) have already painted themselves in the corner. Ratings have been weakening but Trump's call out catches them with their pants around their ankles in the act.

They already planted their flag on the issue, and Trump turned up the volume 10 times. They really don't have anywhere to go. They are in the wrong, and what began as cowardly and craven will only become more cowardly and craven. Any move they make is only calculated and will be impossible to be seen as otherwise.

They are in for a real storm.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Long committee meetings punctuated by moments of violence.