The prophesied demise of the Democrat Party

Doc

Re: The demise of the Democrat Party

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ey-issues/
Poll: Congressional Democrats Lose Ground On Key Issues of Jobs, Economy, Immigration

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ey-issues/
Poll: Congressional Democrats Lose Ground On Key Issues of Jobs, Economy, Immigration

Breitbart is fake news .. probably working for Putin :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6185.html
2018 Generic Congressional Vote

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample
Democrats (D)

Republicans (R)
Spread
RCP Average 1/21 - 2/6 -- 44.6 38.4 Democrats +6.2
Economist/YouGov 2/4 - 2/6 1320 RV 43 37 Democrats +6
Reuters/Ipsos 2/2 - 2/6 3110 A 38 31 Democrats +7
Quinnipiac 2/2 - 2/5 1333 RV 49 40 Democrats +9
IBD/TIPP 1/25 - 2/2 832 RV 46 41 Democrats +5
Monmouth 1/28 - 1/30 711 RV 47 45 Democrats +2
Rasmussen Reports 1/24 - 1/25 1000 LV 45 37 Democrats +8
FOX News 1/21 - 1/23 1002 RV 44 38 Democrats +6
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

New York Times sees boom in online subscribers
Newspaper benefits from ‘Trump bump’

The company signed up 157,000 paying online readers in the fourth quarter, a 49 per cent increase over the previous year, which included the US election and the so-called “Trump bump”, a boom in readership among some of the US president’s favourite media targets.

The New York Times now has more than 2.6m digital subscribers, while overall subscription revenue has passed $1bn for the first time in 2017 and now accounts for 60 per cent of the company’s sales.

At a time when publishers are juggling the decline of the traditional print business and difficulties competing with Google and Facebook for digital advertising budgets, the newspaper has shifted its commercial strategy from relying on marketers to paying readers.

“We still regard advertising as an important revenue stream, but believe that our focus on establishing close and enduring relationships with paying, deeply engaged users . . . is the best way of building a successful and sustainable news business,” said Mark Thompson, chief executive of the Times.

To hang on to subscribers it gained during the frantic news cycle of the 2016 election and the first year of the Trump presidency, the company has emphasised the quality of its reporting. This has included a television ad that highlighted its coverage of sexual harassment that ran during the Golden Globes awards broadcast last month.

Mr Thompson said the company was encouraged by “strong retention” of the readers. “We believe there remains a large opportunity to continue to extend our subscription reach and will continue to invest in areas of the business that will allow us to achieve that growth,” he said.

Very interesting shift .. revenue is less from "advertisement" but paying readers .. very important development

A few big advertisers were deciding which direction should a media lean .. the media had always to watch keeping big advertisers happy

Now, media, must keep the paying reader happy, millions of them .. NYT has now 2.6 digital subscribers, they must be happy otherwise they cancel subscription.

Now, all depends on the "quality" of those 2.6 million digital subscribers .. their quality defines the quality of the NYT.

I have NYT digital subscription .. pay Canadian Dollar 20 a month (including tax), approximately U$ 16 .. worth every cent of it.

noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Now, all depends on the "quality" of those 2.6 million digital subscribers .. their quality defines the quality of the NYT.

I have NYT digital subscription .. pay Canadian Dollar 20 a month (including tax), approximately U$ 16 .. worth every cent of it.

are you saying you the NYT is good or bad ?
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:

9 out of 10 Zionists subscribe to the NYT......
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:

if the market is demanding shaudenfraude for canadians, the supplier is obliged to deliver.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:

if the market is demanding shaudenfraude for canadians, the supplier is obliged to deliver.
The ironic thing is, NYT readers probably hate the free market more than most.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:

The ironic thing is, NYT readers probably hate the free market more than most.
indeed. its always the way - tho to be fair they would demand government funding if their wasnt enough of them to justify its existance!
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/ ... tions.html
Democrats ought to worry about the midterm elections
Doc

Post by Doc »

Susan Rice wrote herself an email in the last minutes of the Obama Admin about a meeting between Obama, Comey, Yates, and herself 15 days earlier concerning Russia "collusion". Not you father's "Not a smidgen of scandal".

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3735 ... f-on-trump
GOP senators question 'unusual' message Susan Rice sent herself on Inauguration Day
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://americafans.com/index.php/former ... d-treason/

Former FBI Dir.James Kallstrom: ‘Shoot Hillary Clinton By Firing Squad For Treason’
Typhoon

Re: The prophesised demise of the Democrat Party

Post by Typhoon »

NY Times | In Blow to Dianne Feinstein, California Democrats Won’t Endorse Senate Run
SAN DIEGO — Senator Dianne Feinstein suffered a setback in her effort to win a sixth term representing California as the state Democratic Party declined this weekend to endorse her re-election bid.

Ms. Feinstein is way ahead in most polls, and has a huge fund-raising advantage over her main opponent, Kevin de León, the California State Senate’s Democratic leader. Still, the vote here, at a raucous and well-attended party convention, is the latest indication of disenchantment with Ms. Feinstein, 84, among the party’s grass-roots advocates.

A candidate must garner the support of 60 percent of the delegates to win the party’s nomination. None of the candidates running for statewide election met that threshold.

Still, Ms. Feinstein’s showing was particularly stark given her status as a Democratic institution. Mr. de León drew 54 percent of the vote, or 1,508 votes, compared with 37 percent, or 1,023 votes, for Ms. Feinstein.
The political elites in the USA today make the former Soviet Politburo look like spry youngsters by comparison.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The average age of a GOP congress leader is just undr 50, average for Democrats is over 70. Democrats have an age gap.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Obama Hired Fusion GPS to get dirt on Romney and hide the payment through the law firm of Perkins Cole Just like Hillary did

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/13/fusio ... stigation/

Obama Campaign Hired Fusion GPS To Investigate Romney
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We should have a result for PA in moments, but what we know is the polls were again wrong, an essential tie when polls had the Democrat up by almost 5 points. So bad news for Democrats, the polls don't show a blue wave without biasing.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Also if we lose it will be because of 3rd party. No blue wave.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The polls were wrong, again.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Who won?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Who won?

Takeaways from this election

1)Democrats running as conservatives in conservative districts can win
2)Which translates to few places that Lamb strategy will work in more leftist districts COnservative Democrat candidates will lose in the primaries
3)Democrats are woke. But given a huge number of Democrats voted for Trump I suppose that is a double edged sword.
4) The blow back on the Democrats hasn't hit yet. It will have by election day in November or it never will.
(Which begs the question: "How many Hillary and DNC scandals can you hide on the pinhead of the MSM?)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Who won?
Currently the Democrat is leading by less than 1/2% but still too close to call officially.

Democrats will say mandate because they flipped a seat. But we lost because of 3rd party candidate.

Conservative Democrat candidate was smoother than Republican.

But, polls had him winning by as much as 6%, so polls are still off. If the polls are still off this much the Democrats don't have much chance to take the House back, the generic ballot doesn't have a big enough lead to overcome error.

And Doc is right, we aren't seeing a raft of conservative Democrat primary contestants, rather the opposite.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ready when you are bro. Say when.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/congressm ... ing-trump/
A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

A listener then blurts out, “What’s the Second Amendment?”

The left-leaning Democrat says, “The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms.”
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Ready when you are bro. Say when.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/congressm ... ing-trump/
A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

A listener then blurts out, “What’s the Second Amendment?”

The left-leaning Democrat says, “The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms.”
To which the Listener replies "TRUMP WANTS TO CUT OFF OUR ARMS!!!"

That evening CNN leads with this story and explains how it is all part of Trump - Russia collusion and produce quotes from anonymous sources that know someone that knows someone that saw a Russian cut someone with a knife. Which is absolute proof that Donald Trump and Putin are planning to cut off the arms of the "resistance" thus making it very difficult to type when using social media.
Doc

Post by Doc »

8VecswXsN08
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | DNC Sues Trump Campaign, Russian Government, and WikiLeaks
The suit claims a RICO conspiracy and demands millions.
Wot?

Tom Wolfe and Hunter S. Thompson are sorely missed.