The prophesied demise of the Democrat Party

Enki

Re: The end of the Democrat Party

Post by Enki »

Simple Minded It is the 'nothing is knowable, everyone is a crook, why even bother?' element that I disagree with.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:noddy My experience in life is that I am generally perceived as the opposite of whatever ideologue I am speaking to. Get me in a room full of Communists and I am indistinguishable from Mr. Perfect except in that they acknowledge my sympathy to their theses.

Full of yourself much? Many people can argue both sides Tinker. Those that actually are capable of debating do that. The thing with Left VS Right is one side generally makes more emotional appeal arguments than the other This is not actual debating. But I am shocked that you brag about it, as it means you like being argumentative. I am shocked Tinker !! Shocked !! :P
Last edited by Doc on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Enki wrote:Simple Minded It is the 'nothing is knowable, everyone is a crook, why even bother?' element that I disagree with.
If that is how you choose to interpret my posts, that's fine with me. You do realize that, your interpretation is beyond my control, right?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Enki wrote:noddy My experience in life is that I am generally perceived as the opposite of whatever ideologue I am speaking to. Get me in a room full of Communists and I am indistinguishable from Mr. Perfect except in that they acknowledge my sympathy to their theses.

Full of yourself much? Many people can argue both sides Tinker. Those that actually are capable of debating do that. The thing with Left VS Right is one side generally makes more emotional appeal arguments than the other This does not actual debating. But I am shocked that you brag about it, as it means you like being argumentative. I am shocked Tinker !! Shocked !! :P
You have a funny take on that Doc. I don't find Tinker to be very argumentative at all......... :?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Doc agreed, one side does make more emotional appeals than the other. The other accepts scientific consensus and thinks the Congressional Budget Office is a reputable organization.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:Doc agreed, one side does make more emotional appeals than the other. The other accepts scientific consensus and thinks the Congressional Budget Office is a reputable organization.
Sure Tinker..... Sure......

Avi0H5T7rrE
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Enki

Post by Enki »

Thank you for that succinct illustration of my point. ;)
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:
Enki wrote:Simple Minded It is the 'nothing is knowable, everyone is a crook, why even bother?' element that I disagree with.
If that is how you choose to interpret my posts, that's fine with me. You do realize that, your interpretation is beyond my control, right?
Are you saying the meaning of your posts are not know able?
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:see, we agree a lot more than you admit. Probably the result of you ingesting all that chemtrail spray.

We just don't agree on the "The election is over. Hilary will win!" part.
Pardon my saying, but one of your fundamental overarching themes has been pointing out the foibles in other people. Are you saying you don't have any foibles? It seems like if you get to point out the foibles in others then you have to let others point out the foibles in you.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I don't know Tinker. Your statement seems crooked. So why should anyone bother to argue against it, or even agree to disagree?
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
I once heard that explained as if you put a dime, a nickel, and a quarter in front of a "matcher" they will prefer to see them as similar, ie: money and shapes. If you put a dime, a nickel, and a quarter in front of a "mismatcher" they will prefer to see them as different, ie: size, colors, and monetary values.
its a well known human personality thing that causes all sorts of grief in biology arguments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpers_and_splitters

Code: Select all

Lumpers and splitters are opposing factions in any discipline that has to place individual examples into rigorously defined categories. The lumper-splitter problem occurs when there is the need to create classifications and assign examples to them, for example schools of literature, biological taxa and so on. A "lumper" is an individual who takes a gestalt view of a definition, and assigns examples broadly, assuming that differences are not as important as signature similarities. A "splitter" is an individual who takes precise definitions, and creates new categories to classify samples that differ in key ways.
Simple Minded wrote: I think once you get beyond face to face, where we can all read body language, facial expressions, and voice tones, we all assume/imagine 80-90% of content.
pretty much.

still, their are radical differences between the ultras in the left and the right so i get the black/white binary thing.

contrarily - the world doersnt give a lavender about the ultras and the bulk of both parties are triangulators and pragmatic compromises so the ultras have to spin alot of lavender to pretend they are relevant.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:see, we agree a lot more than you admit. Probably the result of you ingesting all that chemtrail spray.

We just don't agree on the "The election is over. Hilary will win!" part.
Pardon my saying, but one of your fundamental overarching themes has been pointing out the foibles in other people. Are you saying you don't have any foibles? It seems like if you get to point out the foibles in others then you have to let others point out the foibles in you.
:lol: Mr. P........ I'm agreeing with you!!!!

Beams and motes dude, beams and motes!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
I once heard that explained as if you put a dime, a nickel, and a quarter in front of a "matcher" they will prefer to see them as similar, ie: money and shapes. If you put a dime, a nickel, and a quarter in front of a "mismatcher" they will prefer to see them as different, ie: size, colors, and monetary values.
its a well known human personality thing that causes all sorts of grief in biology arguments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpers_and_splitters

Code: Select all

Lumpers and splitters are opposing factions in any discipline that has to place individual examples into rigorously defined categories. The lumper-splitter problem occurs when there is the need to create classifications and assign examples to them, for example schools of literature, biological taxa and so on. A "lumper" is an individual who takes a gestalt view of a definition, and assigns examples broadly, assuming that differences are not as important as signature similarities. A "splitter" is an individual who takes precise definitions, and creates new categories to classify samples that differ in key ways.
Simple Minded wrote: I think once you get beyond face to face, where we can all read body language, facial expressions, and voice tones, we all assume/imagine 80-90% of content.
pretty much.

still, their are radical differences between the ultras in the left and the right so i get the black/white binary thing.

contrarily - the world doersnt give a lavender about the ultras and the bulk of both parties are triangulators and pragmatic compromises so the ultras have to spin alot of lavender to pretend they are relevant.
Amen, my superiority (or is it humility?) lies in the fact that I know I'm irreverent/irrelevant. ;)

Regarding the permanent supermajority status i have heard both sides prophesying about since 1976:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoTdKelO8mg

http://www.businessinsider.com/animated ... ons-2015-7

Noddy,

I don’t even think it has all that much to do with political extremism in beliefs. Dems and repub are parties of high population density areas and low population density areas more so than identifiable, differentiable beliefs.

I think "Us/Them" has more to do with stubbornness and brand/personal/religious identity. Similar to Catholic vs Protestant, Ford vs. Chevy, John Deere vs. Massey Ferguson, Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Yankees vs. Red Sox, etc. Pick A or B, there ain’t no other choices! They need each other to survive like Jesse Jackson needs the KKK. The armory of the dem and repub is set up to battle the other big dragon (not us ants). Any who say the party itself just might be wrong are not just iconoclasts, but heretics . Without the opposition “dragon to slay, how can they be a knight in shining armor?” They would have no reason to exist. A Yankees or a Red Sox fan can handle you telling them you prefer the other team, but if you say you can’t discern a Yankee fan from a Sox fan……

“Of course you don’t understand my gang/church is better than all possible options, you haven’t spent you whole life in it like I have, you ignant bastage!” You are either a true believer or an infidel. The AGW true believers labelling all who question the holy data only they have access to as Flat Earthers is maybe the best analogy.

I would guess 20% vote dem, and 20% vote repub no matter what, while the rest of the population switch back and forth and serves as governors on the power of both parties. But also, in certain regions, one party has dominated for decades, it is a monopoly (much like a strong union) and if you want your piece of the pie, you need to agree that “THE PARTY is always right.” If you don’t join with the local bosses, no bennies for you.

In November of 2015 I told a few hard core dem friends who think all repubs are evil, that if the dems nominate Hilary, I think they will lose the election. They laughed. Bernie wasn’t the flag carrier of the party, and those people (their peers) are so stupid, explanations are pointless. Even though at one point in the conversation, I started chanting “Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!....” since I was ignant enough to not think their high priests would do the right thing by nominating Hilary as the savior, and and since they needed binoid opposition to ensure their mental program would function, they immediately branded me as a Trump supporter. They have not spoken to me since. The DNC union bosses successfully prevented a replay of 2008, but I think the primary victory cost them the general election.

On the other side of the aisle, the repub experts considered Trump as a joke for most of the primary. HE COULD NEVER WIN THE REPUB PRIMARY! HAHAHA YOU STUPID FOOL! Really, why not? BECAUSE HE IS NOT A REPUBLICAN AND NOT A CONSERVATIVE!! YOU DUMMY!! This was the official party line thruout most of the repub primary. In the end, they heard the FU message, and embraced the outsider. But now in DC, most remember he is an outsider.

Playing the "I have the superior ideology, and you’re too stupid to get it" game is always great fun for the priests of either faith. Like the Big Three auto makers in the seventies (or religious experts), Both parties would rather lose market share under their own leadership than question their omniscience. very cultish thinking.

But I think the internet is royally f**king up the meme that DC can speak for or represent everyone, just as it did for so many "community leaders." Palin, Obama, Tea Party, OWS, Trump, Bernie.... cracks in the control of information wall must be fixed!!! As Obama himself said while campaigning in 2008 "There is no Red America, or Blue America, there is only the United States of America!" That message played well in Merika...... because so many (60%?) believe it. The power brokers in DC didn't buy into that vision then or now. "Listen up punk, their's two kinds of power ours and theirs."

Oh well, what do I know. I don’t have a union card from either religion that proves my intellectual/moral superiority. "GTFOH you scab bastard!" ;)
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Do you have any new material.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Do you have any new material.
That's rich.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:
:lol: Mr. P........ I'm agreeing with you!!!!

Beams and motes dude, beams and motes!
Agreeing with me about what.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Most pointedly the Daily Caller (the source I used) did not claim that DWS' house was raided it clalimed that the IT aide's house was raided IF fact that cliam was made in teh headline

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/23/exclu ... ides-home/
EXCLUSIVE: FBI Seized Smashed Hard Drives From Wasserman Schultz IT Aide’s Home
So snopes as per usual is doing another left wing slight of hand in it article.

Good example ==>
Wasserman-Schultz terminated Awan’s employment months after he and his wife, Hina Alvi, were fired by two of Wasserman-Schultz’s colleagues, Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) and Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-New York), respectively.
What Snopes is not telling you is that Awan was not fired by Wasserman Shultz until after Awan was arrested at the airport on Tuesday of this week.
The single source image claims that Wasserman colluded with al Qaeda.

That's a World Weekly News worthy headline.
Actually I am the source of the meme CS. But note I did not say that Wasserman colluded with Al Qaeda. I just said there is more evidence that she did than there is evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians. Which was my entire point in making the meme.
Nat Rev | A bit more substantial analysis of the events and players
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Do you have any new material.
That's rich.
:D My thoughts exactly. thank you.

I concede, Mr. P is more intelligent and morally superior to me. Damn shame he can't see it must be God's will. ;)

Now, if he would only quit trying to f**k up God's plan.....
Doc

Post by Doc »

So why did Hillary want Mueller to deliver the HEU on the tarmac Wasn't Bill available?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... ne-side-ta
Hillary Clinton Told FBI's Mueller To Deliver Uranium To Russians In 2009 "Secret Plane-Side Tarmac Meeting"

Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Jun 20, 2017 5:51 AM

Authored by Shepard Ambellas via Intellihub.com,

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton facilitated the transfer a highly enriched uranium (HEU) previously confiscated by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) during a 2006 “nuclear smuggling sting operation involving one Russian national and several Georgian accomplices,” a newly leaked classified cable shows.

So-called “background” information was provided in the cable which gave vague details on a 2006 nuclear smuggling sting operation in which the U.S. government took possession of some HEU previously owned by the Russians.

"Over two years ago Russia requested a ten-gram sample of highly enriched uranium (HEU) seized in early 2006 in Georgia during a nuclear smuggling sting operation involving one Russian national and several Georgian accomplices. The seized HEU was transferred to U.S. custody and is being held at a secure DOE facility."

The secret “action request,” dated Aug. 17, 2009, was sent out by Secretary of State Clinton and was addressed to the United States Ambassador to Georgia Embassy Tbilisi, the Russian Embassy, and Ambassador John Beyrle.

It proposed that FBI Director Robert Mueller be the one that personally conduct the transfer a 10-gram sample of HEU to Russian law enforcement sources during a secret “plane-side” meeting on a “tarmac” in the early fall of 2009.

"We require that the transfer of this material be conducted at the airport, on the tarmac near by the plane, upon arrival of the Director's aircraft."

The FBI Director was originally scheduled to ‘return’ a sample from the DOE stockpile to the Russians in April but the trip was postponed until September 21.

Paragraph number 6 of the leaked cable confirms Dir. Mueller’s Sept. 21 flight to Moscow.

“(S/Rel Russia) Action request: Embassy Moscow is requested to alert at the highest appropriate level the Russian Federation that FBI Director Mueller plans to deliver the HEU sample once he arrives to Moscow on September 21. Post is requested to convey information in paragraph 5 with regard to chain of custody, and to request details on Russian Federation’s plan for picking up the material. Embassy is also requested to reconfirm the April 16 understanding from the FSB verbally that we will have no problem with the Russian Ministry of Aviation concerning Mueller’s September 21 flight clearance.”

But possibly even more shocking is the fact that the State Department wanted the transfer of the HEU to take place on an “airport tarmac” which is rather reminiscent of the infamous Loretta Lynch/Bill Clinton meeting which occurred on a Phoenix, Arizona, tarmac back in June of 2016.

Past dealings with the Russians were also mentioned in the cable, signifying that previous deals have taken place.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/the-biggest- ... -heard-of/

The biggest scandal you've never heard of
Is top Democrat being blackmailed and obstructing justice?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Things are getting so bad for the Democrats that they are losing seats even when there isn't an election or an arrest

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... rally.html
West Virginia's Democratic governor announces switch to Republican party
By Serafin Gómez, Peter Doocy, Nicole Darrah
Published August 03, 2017
Doc

Post by Doc »

"But the Russians"

http://observer.com/2017/08/democratic- ... narrative/
Democratic Party Is Poised for Embarrassment on Several Fronts
Party throws its weight behind Russia narrative as infighting escalates
By Michael Sainato • 08/07/17 11:45am
Doc

Post by Doc »

Elizabeth Warren announces the Democrat Party will go out with a bang.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/08/ ... goes-wild/
While not invoking former President Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton by name, Ms. Warren sent an unambiguous message that she believes the Clinton effort to push Democrats toward the political center should be relegated to history.

“The Democratic Party isn’t going back to the days of welfare reform and the crime bill,” she said, highlighting measures Mr. Clinton signed into law as president that are reviled by much of the left. “It is not going to happen.”
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Wash Post | The DNC's abysmal fundraising
The DNC just had its worst fundraising report since January 2009 -- and it's hemorrhaging money.
Enki

Re: The demise of the Democrat Party

Post by Enki »

One of the funny things is listening to all the Trump supporters talking about how great the economy is in Obama's final fiscal year. ;) They love Obama when they think it's a white man.
-Alexander Hamilton