Has Trump started betraying his mission already?

Doc

Re: Has Trump started betraying his mission already?

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Reliable source you got there...
The source is my own reasoning. The Trump administration, just like any other administration, will be tickled pink to use the powers and capabilities of the intelligence community and will not curtail them in any significant way, freedom be damned.
How do you know that? Besides the powers and capabilities of the Intel Community have grown by magnitudes in the last 16 years.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

The intelligence community has power. Trump likes power. A lot. The people around him like power just as much as he does. It's safe to say that they want everything the community can give them and then some.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:The intelligence community has power. Trump likes power. A lot. The people around him like power just as much as he does. It's safe to say that they want everything the community can give them and then some.
Completely moot point. Their days in the Intel Community are numbered.

So what is the law again on talking with foriegn governments about sanctions again?

Eqrw2vIvBv0
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

GUloI5CBSKA

Bad things like nucular, right? :lol:
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
YMix

Post by YMix »

Trump’s three Mar-a-Lago trips since the inauguration have probably cost the federal treasury about $10 million, based on figures used in an October government report analyzing White House travel, including money for Coast Guard units to patrol the exposed shoreline and other military, security and staffing expenses associated with moving the apparatus of the presidency.

Palm Beach County officials plan to ask Washington to reimburse tens of thousands of dollars a day in expenses for deputies handling added security and traffic issues around the cramped Florida island whenever Trump is in town.

In New York, the city is paying $500,000 a day to guard Trump Tower, according to police officials’ estimates, an amount that could reach $183 million a year.

This month, The Post reported that Secret Service and U.S. embassy staffers paid nearly $100,000 in hotel-room bills to support Eric Trump’s trip to promote a Trump-brand condo tower in Uruguay.
Mr Perfect's tax money at work.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Trump’s three Mar-a-Lago trips since the inauguration have probably cost the federal treasury about $10 million, based on figures used in an October government report analyzing White House travel, including money for Coast Guard units to patrol the exposed shoreline and other military, security and staffing expenses associated with moving the apparatus of the presidency.

Palm Beach County officials plan to ask Washington to reimburse tens of thousands of dollars a day in expenses for deputies handling added security and traffic issues around the cramped Florida island whenever Trump is in town.

In New York, the city is paying $500,000 a day to guard Trump Tower, according to police officials’ estimates, an amount that could reach $183 million a year.

This month, The Post reported that Secret Service and U.S. embassy staffers paid nearly $100,000 in hotel-room bills to support Eric Trump’s trip to promote a Trump-brand condo tower in Uruguay.
Mr Perfect's tax money at work.
Where's the link Ymix? Its not even fake news without it.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:Where's the link Ymix? Its not even fake news without it.
You don't know how to google something?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Where's the link Ymix? Its not even fake news without it.
You don't know how to google something?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html
I didn't make your post.

Now that I have your link I can point out what BS it is.
There are around 100 NYPD officers guarding Trump in NYC $500,000 per day comes to $5,000 per police officer Which means Police officers in NYC get $1.3 million dollars per year? REALLY? :roll:
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:There are around 100 NYPD officers guarding Trump in NYC $500,000 per day comes to $5,000 per police officer Which means Police officers in NYC get $1.3 million dollars per year? REALLY? :roll:
There could be other costs, aside from wages, overtime, coffee and doughnuts.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:There are around 100 NYPD officers guarding Trump in NYC $500,000 per day comes to $5,000 per police officer Which means Police officers in NYC get $1.3 million dollars per year? REALLY? :roll:
There could be other costs, aside from wages, overtime, coffee and doughnuts.
Sure that would account for $4,000 per officer per day :roll:
YMix

Post by YMix »

Andrew Bacevich wrote:[...]

“America has spent approximately six trillion dollars in the Middle East,” Trump observed. As media personalities like to say, that’s trillion with a T. The sums expended pursuant to U.S. military misadventures in that part of the world are so gargantuan, Trump continued, that “we could have rebuilt our country—twice. And maybe even three times….”

[...]

Most of the trillions have long since sunk into the arid wastes of Iraq and Afghanistan. Remarkably, neither of these two places even qualified for mention in Trump’s hour-long oration.

Instead, the president used the occasion to urge Congress to give the Pentagon more money still—lots more. Trump is calling for “one of the largest increases in national defense spending in American history,” as if attributing the disappointing results of our recent wars to fiscal niggardliness.

For U.S. military leaders, for the national security apparatus as a whole, for defense contractors, and for the Congress itself, Trump was the bearer of good news. As commander-in-chief, he will observe the agreement forged by his immediate predecessors: When it comes to war and basic U.S. national security policy, there will be no accountability and no awkward questions.

There will be no inquiry into the misjudgments and failures that have saddled future generations with a six-trillion-dollar bill. There will be no postmortem. Except at the most trivial level, there will be no learning. There will, however, be more war.

[...]
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... -question/
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Strawman.
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I wonder if this will be the Presidency during which the first modern US carrier is sunk by an adversary? Could change the course of history.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Zack Morris wrote:I wonder if this will be the Presidency during which the first modern US carrier is sunk by an adversary? Could change the course of history.
Good metaphor. Trump sunk the supposedly unsinkable USS Hillary while all her aircraft were on sorties and now they are frantically trying to find a place to land.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:I wonder if this will be the Presidency during which the first modern US carrier is sunk by an adversary? Could change the course of history.
No.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Good metaphor. Trump sunk the supposedly unsinkable USS Hillary while all her aircraft were on sorties and now they are frantically trying to find a place to land.
Heh indeed. Something analogues is about to happen in Europe. The politically correct center-left are now rejoicing that the "populists" have not won in the Netherlands. European populists are being portrayed as "Trump-Brexit" people, i.e. nationalistic, xenophobe, racist, Islamophobic, anti-EU deplorables). PVV won 5 seats nonetheless and ended 2nd after VVD that also lost big time seats. And those people are listening. They continue to be deploralized (tm) by everybody else and ignored as much as possible. The neo-liberal pro-EU establishment in Europe will not be torched by a European Trump, but when the EU auto-collapses financially aided by the inevitable occasional terrorist attacks. The deplorable populists are on the rise and waiting for those to happen. Then they will be a Trumplike wolve pack on the loose and in power the next round.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Trump signs $110B defense deal with Saudi Arabia

This is a deal breaker. The Saudi criminals and main exporters of political Islamo-fascism into the West get a fat deal for free from the POTUS who promised to oppose them. Bad bad Trump.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:Trump signs $110B defense deal with Saudi Arabia

This is a deal breaker. The Saudi criminals and main exporters of political Islamo-fascism into the West get a fat deal for free from the POTUS who promised to oppose them. Bad bad Trump.
Indeed. A continuation of the status quo given that 15/19 of the 9/11 perpetrators were Saudi nationals.
A continuation of the sham so-called War on Terror.

Also, supporting one side in the Sunni vs Shiite conflict is dumb.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

OH MY GOD! The early word is that Trump DID NOT USE THE WORDS RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM in his speech on Islamic terrorism. As we all know, using these words is essential to combating terrorism. Recite them 72 times and *poof*-- the terrorists will disappear in a puff of hashish smoke!

It can't be stressed enough: LOCK. HIM. UP.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:Trump signs $110B defense deal with Saudi Arabia

Indeed. A continuation of the status quo given that 15/19 of the 9/11 perpetrators were Saudi nationals.
A continuation of the sham so-called War on Terror.

Also, supporting one side in the Sunni vs Shiite conflict is dumb.
His speech was interesting though with a good carrot-stick pitch. He was basically telling the Saudis and others to get rid of terrorists and "extremist ideology". For the Saudis that would mean close half of their mosques for starters. Then have good business and security with the US as their best friend. Looks like good business will be the only thing remaining.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Oh, sure, Parodite. That's exactly what Trumps going to do: slap the Saudis with a stick after feeding them $110 billion worth of no-strings-attached carrots. Mmm hmm.

I think the reality is that this was an uninteresting speech. Trump has no vision for the middle east other than kissing Saudi @ss. This trip is a total disaster. Sad!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Oh, sure, Parodite. That's exactly what Trumps going to do: slap the Saudis with a stick after feeding them $110 billion worth of no-strings-attached carrots. Mmm hmm.

I think the reality is that this was an uninteresting speech. Trump has no vision for the middle east other than kissing Saudi @ss. This trip is a total disaster. Sad!
I think you protest too much.

:lol:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Oh, sure, Parodite. That's exactly what Trumps going to do: slap the Saudis with a stick after feeding them $110 billion worth of no-strings-attached carrots. Mmm hmm.
Just like obama.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Just like Obama.
What is it with recent POTUS and their predelicition for princely Saudi posteriors?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Long story.