The Legacy of President Obama

NapLajoieonSteroids

The Legacy of President Obama

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

So what is it? Where is it at as we prepare for the transition?
Mr. Perfect

Re: The Legacy of President Obama

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's gone.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Isn't it obvious? He paved the way for the first orange skinned POTUS.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I think his legacy will be one of tremendous foresight and success, albeit a premature presidency that the country's people were not yet worthy of. He inherited a disaster and left with unprecedented job growth, managed to push through a landmark health care bill that provided coverage to nearly everyone despite the best efforts of the opposition to continually kneecap the law, kept us out of expensive and disastrous wars, and cautiously began a much-needed pivot toward Asia and realignment of middle eastern alliances toward Iran and away from Saudi Arabia.

He'll be remembered as a great president, even greater than Bill Clinton. Possibly a future Mt. Rushmore candidate.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol no. obama turned a record supermajority into the smallest party holding since the civil war. Current polls, biased in his favor, show him to be the worst President in American history. Those are the highlights.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol no. obama turned a record supermajority into the smallest party holding since the civil war. Current polls, biased in his favor, show him to be the worst President in American history. Those are the highlights.
Clearly, the DNC is responsible for this. Liberalism itself is alive and well.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Zack Morris wrote:. . . Possibly a future Mt. Rushmore candidate.
Does Indonesia even have a Mt. Rushmore? :lol:
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The obvious answer is everyone will remember whatever they chose to focus upon. Let the revisionism begin. Obama himself answered this question long ago when he said that he has always been an inkblot on which people projected.

For me, I will remember his 2008 campaign as the first time in my life, the MSM was so lockstep that they created a third world messiah cult personality as a POTUS candidate. I've never seen one person on so many magazine covers continuously over a few months. Or people lined up along the highways to watch his motorcade go by, as if this POTUS candidate was the Pope. That was when I started to feel sorry for him.

As POTUS, I will remember his petulant, thin-skinned, condescending lecturing of America. Like a spoiled child who was not recognized as the smartest kid in class. He reminded me of an adjunct professor in college whose most memorable phrase was "If you think I'm going to prepare for class on what they pay an adjunct professor, you are nuts."

Other than that, I thought he was W's third and fourth term.

Triangulator alert!!!
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:. . . Possibly a future Mt. Rushmore candidate.
Does Indonesia even have a Mt. Rushmore? :lol:
Zack is right about this. No doubt the funding and organization has already begun. I hear ACORN got $400 million to pursue this. :lol:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol no. obama turned a record supermajority into the smallest party holding since the civil war. Current polls, biased in his favor, show him to be the worst President in American history. Those are the highlights.
Clearly, the DNC is responsible for this. Liberalism itself is alive and well.
And a tiny superminority who will never control anything ever again.

Lol can we just call you cassowary now.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Legacy.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Ok So Obama thinks just because his policies were thoroughly repudiated in this election means the majority of Americans support them anyway...Right

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... rlin-visit
President Obama has acknowledged a "bumpy phase" in politics — but he said a majority of Americans are comfortable with the pace of globalization, and he also said it's up to leaders to give people a sense of control and confidence about the future.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Legacy.

If the Democratic party was a ship

qdOBjf33K5I

The joke is they still don't know what hit them.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol they sure don't.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lowest approval rating of all time, despite record media promotion.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ter ... on-or-bush
Doc

Post by Doc »

I heard Obama named his left leg is "Acy"

Pretty shaky

iMFEnbwBJGc

There is just no stopping Obama's Leg Acy

:D
Doc

Post by Doc »

Tucker Carlson is killing it Two weeks after replacing Megan Kelly his ratings are twice as high.

Here he crushes Jonathan Grubber:

PkLX0H6akCI
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:Tucker Carlson is killing it Two weeks after replacing Megan Kelly his ratings are twice as high.

Here he crushes Jonathan Grubber:

PkLX0H6akCI
"People don't like it because they don't know what it's done for them."

Gruber is absolutely right. He presented facts, and all Carlson could do was grandstand, feign moral outrage, and put words in Gruber's mouth repeatedly.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And democrats get brutalized at the polls. More facts please.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:And democrats get brutalized at the polls. More facts please.
Here's a fact: people can and do vote to screw themselves, without realizing it.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Why bring obama into it. Lol Democrats not liking democracy these days.

All I know is when liberals open their mouths with obamacare facts they lose another election. Lol bring on the facts please.

Just curious when you guys passed obamacare did you know it would cause your extinction?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:Tucker Carlson is killing it Two weeks after replacing Megan Kelly his ratings are twice as high.
Carlson is intelligent, but his post-Trump clips are all about trolling and bullying guests into a preplanned and humilating "gotcha" situation. He reeks of smarmiess and passive-aggression. It's like Eddie Haskell became a commentator.

He is just manufacturing clickbait. If he is popular, it is because so many Fox viewers are buttholes.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

nastyness and gloating are admirable qualities, part of the group of virtues i believe.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Normally you would have a point but he's just turning the Jon Stewart model on those who have used the tactic for so very long and who deserve it so very much. It will be many years before he wears it out.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:nastyness and gloating are admirable qualities, part of the group of virtues i believe.
True enough, but both are unattainable without the superior virtue of group identity. Both for "us" and "them."

"Listen to him/her, what a typical _________. A good example of why "we" have to oppose "them."

Without the internal herding narrative, the fun just isn't there..... :(