Post by Mr. Perfect »

Why would you do that.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Re: Trump loses!

Post by Doc »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/2 ... ase-236966

Obama’s hidden Iran deal giveaway

By dropping charges against major arms targets, the administration infuriated Justice Department officials — and undermined its own counterproliferation task forces.

By Josh Meyer

04/24/17 05:00 AM EDT
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

British Defence Secretary Michael Fallon :
May would fire UK’s nuclear weapons as a ‘first strike’

Doubt Vladimir Vladimirovich finds this funny :lol:

Well .. in UN .. Mr. Ayatollah could now argue .. Gotto have that PumPkin as self defence :D

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: He represent @least the other "half" of Americans .. good to know what he has to say
Lol. No he doesn't.
Heracleum Persicum

Globe and Mail

- Canadian forest industry should focus on China : Minister

- Why the softwood lumber tariff is a gift for investors.

- Across Canada, Syrian newcomers-turned-business owners are finding their footing.

- Ivanka Trump booed for praising her father at women's summit

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

All the immigration posts have been moved to . . . the immigration thread.

I may switch to some easier hobby, say, herding cats.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

:/
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Swamp Untouched

We’ve seen this play before, and the ending is inevitably modest :

A few of the pieces of a horrendously complex, unfair tax system are moved around, victory is declared, and the creatures of the Swamp—those self-serving elites that benefit from the complex, unfair monstrosity—continue raking in their billions of dollars in fees while the rest of us are burdened with billions of dollars in tax-preparation costs.

The opening act of this tax-reform play always starts with a claim that by golly, this time we’re really going to simplify the tax code. Trump’s plan calls for reducing the number of tax brackets and eliminating all deductions other than those for charity and mortgage interest; by way of compensation, the standard deduction will be doubled.

:lol:

Look, Joe, America a "crony Capitalism" , with it's own "Oligarchs" .. do not hold your breath Mr. Perfect, don't .. This ain't what you thinkin

Poor Joe got shafted, again

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:All the immigration posts have been moved to . . . the immigration thread.

You may want to try meditative chanting..... said to purify the soul..... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:All the immigration posts have been moved to . . . the immigration thread.

You may want to try meditative chanting..... said to purify the soul..... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY
:lol:

A classic.

MP's Michael Palin had an opportunity to experience the real deal:

https://youtu.be/WsltBTbyNSs?t=448
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

At no point over the course of the 2016 campaign did a majority polled think that Donald Trump would be qualified on Day 1.

“This is more work than in my previous life,” he said this week. “I thought it would be easier. ... I do miss my old life.”

Imagine things just started .. 4 more yrs of this :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

8 years.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... hio-voters

There’s Donald Trump, champion of the white conservative religious masses of rural and small-town America, the man bringing change to Washington, reviving the nation’s pride, teaching a lesson to foreigners with a well-targeted bombing raid or two.

And then there’s Donald Trump as seen through the eyes of urban America, minority communities and progressive voters. This president is utterly incompetent, criminally corrupt, or both, is only interested in himself and his rich buddies, and has turned the White House into a reality TV show.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

There’s Donald Trump, champion of the white conservative religious masses of rural and small-town America, the man bringing change to Washington, reviving the nation’s pride, teaching a lesson to foreigners with a well-targeted bombing raid or two.

And then there’s Donald Trump as seen through the eyes of urban America, minority communities and progressive voters. This president is utterly incompetent, criminally corrupt, or both, is only interested in himself and his rich buddies, and has turned the White House into a reality TV show.
This from a yellow tabloid that recent called British PM May "Kim Jong-May".

One thing that I do like about POTUS Trump is that he as made the Grauniad over-the-top histrionic as never before.

Always amusing to see the political eunuch class having fits.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I was under the impression that the Republicans had a majority in both the US House and Senate.

Reason | Congress Reaches Spending Deal; 'Skinny Budget' Goes Out the Window
You didn't think they were really going to defund public broadcasting and slash the EPA by 31 percent, did you?
So the Republicrats continue to hold the majority. Status quo.

If I remember correctly, POTUS Trump now has the veto option and the US Congress then has the override option.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Conservative Review | Democrat priorities funded; Trump’s scuttled
Not funded.

The border wall. Although $1.5 billion in additional “border security” funds were allocated, Democrats made certain to bar funding for the fence. As I’ve noted before, given the legal problems with those who step foot on our shores and the cumbersome nature of interior enforcement, anything short of the permanent deterrent of a border wall will not solve the problem.

Indeed, the 1,665-page, $1.16 trillion omnibus is everything we would have gotten had Democrats been in charge.
After they successfully got Republicans to jettison all of Trump’s priorities, Democrats secured the Puerto Rico bailout.
FT.

A rare show of bipartisan agreement.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

This from a yellow tabloid that recent called British PM May "Kim Jong-May".

One thing that I do like about POTUS Trump is that he as made the Grauniad over-the-top histrionic as never before.

Always amusing to see the political eunuch class having fits.
Well said Typhoon. In a nation of 320+ million, the "political eunuch class" assumes, or rather "knows" everyone is either a 1 or a 0, then become perplexed time and again, when their expertise repeatedly fails them.

If only Hilary had tried wearing a different color pantsuit, and campaigned more in swing states........

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."

"When you have a hammer in your hand everything looks like a nail."

"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding."

Several moths (Freudian typo) after the election, and they are still debating what "F**K YOU!" really means.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Conservative Review | Democrat priorities funded; Trump’s scuttled
Not funded.

The border wall. Although $1.5 billion in additional “border security” funds were allocated, Democrats made certain to bar funding for the fence. As I’ve noted before, given the legal problems with those who step foot on our shores and the cumbersome nature of interior enforcement, anything short of the permanent deterrent of a border wall will not solve the problem.

Indeed, the 1,665-page, $1.16 trillion omnibus is everything we would have gotten had Democrats been in charge.
After they successfully got Republicans to jettison all of Trump’s priorities, Democrats secured the Puerto Rico bailout.
FT.

A rare show of bipartisan agreement.

And what fool said that elections have consequences?

CXudI0ibo-k
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nothing to do with ex-POTUS Obama anymore, it is POTUS Trump's show now.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Nothing to do with ex-POTUS Obama anymore, it is POTUS Trump's show now.
The Democrats are still "in power":

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/m ... trusts-the
Distortion of Trump's Civil War comment is reason few Americans trust the media
By Joe Concha, opinion contributor - 05/01/17 05:30 PM EDT

There are many Americans who truly believe the media is the opposition party to the Trump administration.

If another example is needed to make that point, look no further than the shameful/shameless coverage of President Trump's Civil War controversy on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
First, a quick review: Trump sat down with the Washington Examiner's Selena Zito for an interview airing on Sirius XM on Monday afternoon.

At one point, the discussion turns to the Civil War, with the exact exchange looking like this after Zito broached Trump's recent visit to the Hermitage, the home of late President Andrew Jackson in Tennessee.

"I mean had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later [Jackson was the president from 1828-1837 while the Civil War began in 1861], you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart," Trump said. "He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, 'there's no reason for this.'

"People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why?" Trump asked. "People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

Now, one can easily argue against Trump's point that Jackson, a slave owner, could have somehow been able to convince the South to end slavery through negotiation instead of a war.

But as usual, the media's eyes are bigger than its stomach when it comes to twisting narratives around Trump with a reflex to the extreme negative.

As a result, we get these kind of headlines:

USA Today: Note to President Trump: Andrew Jackson wasn't alive for the Civil War.

Salon: Donald Trump doesn't understand why the Civil War couldn't have been worked out.

Slate: Trump wishes a slaveholder could've come in and resolved the whole civil war thing before it started.

CNN: Donald Trump just gave two incredibly bizarre (and fact-free) interviews.

Twitter's "Moments" description: Trump proposes an alternate history where Civil War was avoided.

One part of Trump's "alternate history" that is being mocked the most is the fact that Jackson died in 1845 and the war didn't begin until 1861. Therefore, how could Jackson be "really angry" about a war that was 16 years away?

But as historians will tell you, there had been perpetual tension between the North and South over slavery since the nation was founded in 1776. The Civil War just didn't happen overnight. Several compromises were made on the way to 1861, most notably the Missouri Compromise in 1820 and The Compromise of 1850.

Per the online Civil War Academy:

"Blood was on the minds of many of the citizens of America over the entire slave issue. On March 3rd, 1820, both Missouri and the free state of Maine were admitted into the Union. The balance was kept with one being free and one being slave. The writing was on of the wall with the inevitability of the war."

Context is everything. Without it, it's a lie.
— SalenaZito (@SalenaZito) May 1, 2017
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote:Nothing to do with ex-POTUS Obama anymore, it is POTUS Trump's show now.
...and this bill is looking like a big loss for him. A YUUUGGEEEEE loss.

The Republicans in Congress have decided to torpedo themselves with Trump having zero say in the matter.

Game's not over but rough knock.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
...and this bill is looking like a big loss for him. A YUUUGGEEEEE loss.
Indeed.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
The Republicans in Congress have decided to torpedo themselves with Trump having zero say in the matter.

. . .
I wonder if there will be consequences, or not, during the next round of US Congressional elections.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
The Democrats are still "in power":

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/m ... trusts-the
Distortion of Trump's Civil War comment is reason few Americans trust the media
By Joe Concha, opinion contributor - 05/01/17 05:30 PM EDT

. . .
Perhaps. However, this irrelevant to the recent fat appropriations bill passed by the Republicrat majority US Congress.

This bill does demonstrate the limits of the POTUS in the US system.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: I wonder if there will be consequences, or not, during the next round of US Congressional elections.
There will be. A record number of GOP senators.