Immigration debate in the USA

Doc

Re: Immigration debate in the USA

Post by Doc »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canad ... SKBN16R0SK
Exclusive: Almost half of Canadians want illegal border crossers deported - Reuters poll
The increasing flow of hundreds of asylum-seekers of African and Middle Eastern origin from the United States in recent months is becoming a contentious issue in Canada.
[Mod note. Is there someone who is vision impaired on OTNOT that large size font is required?]
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

18 year old high school "freshman" Illegal Alien rapes 14 year old legal alien in Maryland High School

h2zjLwfAQ3v4

55Lo35C3oXQ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

' I need to be safe '

What a disaster

[Mod note. Is there someone who is vision impaired on OTNOT that large size font is required?]

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

' I need to be safe '

What a disaster

:D I love this stuff HP. Thanks for posting. The follow up reporting and head lines should be equally entertaining.

"Canadian border patrol does not turn away illegal immigrants away cause Canadian border patrol agents are better than Merikans."

"Trudeau tells Trump Please send more undocumented immigrants, faster! The less documentation they have the better, because it means we can process them faster. They are not getting here fast enough! We will send buses! Just tell us where to send the buses!"

"Rich Merikan Liberals who are not allowed to practice their values here, by voluntarily housing illegal immigrants in their homes, will move to Canada, buy or build big houses, attain Canadian citizenship, and then voluntarily house illegal immigrants in their new homes."

That one would make perfect sense, cause then, the rich people won't have to worry about housing any scummy Americans, cause they will be housing virtuous Canadians!

or then again, maybe we won't see any of those headlines. That would be a real disaster!

Are you sure they are just not fleeing AGW instead? Couple more years, and Ottawa is going to have the same climate as Atlanta does now.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

HP,

Are you sure about this?

Can you imagine what a taxi ride from the Bronx to Plattsburg would cost?

Less than 80 days into Trump as POTUS, and already Canadians and NYCers are becoming as racist as Americans! What a disaster!

Luckily Trudeau is on record as saying everyone is welcome in Canada!

"...Days later he took a taxi to a border crossing near Plattsburgh, and explained his situation to Canadian immigration officials. They denied his asylum request, pointing to the Safe Third Country Agreement, which prohibits most people who have already sought asylum in the US from making a refugee claim in Canada....

Canadian authorities had handcuffed him to the hospital bed until they could confirm his identity and ensure he had no criminal record. "
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

HP,

Remember our discussion about using fear to steer the herd, I think you and Mr. Mamadou are being steered.

But who is doing the steering? Back when the ignorant masses were afraid of Obama, it was not Obama's fault, it was the fault of the right wing racist extremists. No rational person would fear POTUS, he's been vetted!

So now, is Hilary, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi, Fox News, MSNBC, the NYT, or Trump himself to blame for the fear? Lots of choices available to define reality.

I recall Endovelico would not set foot in America due to gun violence, but Typhoon periodically visits the killing fields of Chicago. Which one of those two are nuts and which is rational? I recall a talking head saying the George Stephanopoulos's 8-12 year old child was so sacred a week or two after the election that she was sleeping in her parents bed at night. Is this fault of the parents, or the predictable result of the MSM using fear to steer the herd?

Now for the big question, what is your level of culpability for the fear of Mr. Mamadou and others fleeing the US? Maybe he and others read several of your "what a disaster!" or "what is happening to our beloved America?" posts at OTNOT! ;)

You might have more influence than Rachael Maddow! Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility. :)

Besides, the Bronx is pretty close to the Ocean, Mr. Mamadou might fear rising sea levels due to AGW. Guess we might have to add Zack's name to the above list also.... :shock:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:18 year old high school "freshman" Illegal Alien rapes 14 year old legal alien in Maryland High School

h2zjLwfAQ3v4

55Lo35C3oXQ
Individuals in all conditions and situations can and do behave badly.
This is not news.

This extrapolation by flawed induction from a single incident is tabloid clickbait material.

Tabloid scribblers have to eat too. Let's not deny them their lunch.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:18 year old high school "freshman" Illegal Alien rapes 14 year old legal alien in Maryland High School

h2zjLwfAQ3v4

55Lo35C3oXQ
Individuals in all conditions and situations can and do behave badly.
This is not news.

This extrapolation by flawed induction from a single incident is tabloid clickbait material.

Tabloid scribblers have to eat too. Let's not deny them their lunch.
The "Freshman Rapist" was 18 years old the local school board had very little information about him from Fed authorities. This is a huge deal in Maryland. People are asking why an 18 year old was put in classes with 14 year olds. Today the state legislature voted to make Maryland a sanctuary state. The governor says he will veto but may be overridden
Last edited by Doc on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It is news when government fails to do it's job, especially for predictable reasons.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Illegal immigrants may be getting cold US vets are freezing to death for lack of care.

Troubled Iowa veteran sought help from VA hospital before freezing to death
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.

HP,

Remember our discussion about using fear to steer the herd, I think you and Mr. Mamadou are being steered.

But who is doing the steering? Back when the ignorant masses were afraid of Obama, it was not Obama's fault, it was the fault of the right wing racist extremists. No rational person would fear POTUS, he's been vetted!

So now, is Hilary, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi, Fox News, MSNBC, the NYT, or Trump himself to blame for the fear? Lots of choices available to define reality.

I recall Endovelico would not set foot in America due to gun violence, but Typhoon periodically visits the killing fields of Chicago. Which one of those two are nuts and which is rational? I recall a talking head saying the George Stephanopoulos's 8-12 year old child was so sacred a week or two after the election that she was sleeping in her parents bed at night. Is this fault of the parents, or the predictable result of the MSM using fear to steer the herd?

Now for the big question, what is your level of culpability for the fear of Mr. Mamadou and others fleeing the US ? Maybe he and others read several of your "what a disaster!" or "what is happening to our beloved America?" posts at OTNOT! ;)

You might have more influence than Rachael Maddow! Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility. :)

Besides, the Bronx is pretty close to the Ocean, Mr. Mamadou might fear rising sea levels due to AGW. Guess we might have to add Zack's name to the above list also.... :shock:

The culprits are not Syrians running away from war, not Mexican strawberry pickers

The crooks ruined America

Crooks bought the election in Congress and Senate, passed laws benefitting them, lowered their own taxes, throw the white middle class under the bus .. closed down production, R&D , made money by FED , money shuffling, hot air empty businesses like FaceBook, Twitter etc etc when at the same time Koreans and Chinese and Taiwanese were taking over production.

And now you guys blame Mr. Mr. Mamadou

Yes, Mr. Mamadou scared .. chance of being killed by terrorist in US (terrorist defined any criminal with Muslim background) is less than winning the "Powerball lottery" when at the same time every 15 minutes an American killed by gun (odd 1:10,000)

Our beloved America fooled again into another rubbish, "Steve Bannon" rubbish

America has so many great people, wise, big heart .. where are those politicians to steer America ship in these destiny making times ? Is Trump best America can offer ? or America not yet aware of situation in .. economy on the brink of tipping

Is doubling down on Pentagon and cutting everything else way to go ?

‘ Deaths of despair ’ surge in US white working class
Legacy of drugs, alcohol and suicide will weigh on economy for years

An epidemic of overdoses, suicides and alcohol-related illness is causing a surge in deaths among white Americans with a high-school education or less that now makes them more likely to die early than those who are black or Hispanic, according to research that illustrates the country’s stark social divide.

The acceleration in what economists Anne Case and Sir Angus Deaton call “deaths of despair” among middle-aged white Americans was first documented in their 2015 paper that was held up as one explanation for the popularity with white working-class voters of the then-candidate Donald Trump.

In a paper being presented to a Brookings conference on Friday, Ms Case and Sir Angus, 2015 winner of the Nobel Prize in economics, detail a widening educational divide that is expected to cast a shadow over the US economy for years to come. 

The “deep causes” of the increase in white deaths, the economists argue in their paper, are the globalisation and automation that since the 1970s have hit working-class white Americans particularly hard. The result of that economic dislocation, they say, has been a “cumulative disadvantage” that has affected everything from marriage prospects to drug use, and the physical pain they report suffering.

“This doesn’t seem to be just about income. This is about accumulating despair for these people,” Ms Case said. “The white working class may see itself now as the bottom rung of the ladder [in America].”

much more @ link

Very interesting FT article .. must read

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

HP,

Now for the big question, what is your level of culpability for the fear of Mr. Mamadou and others fleeing the US ? Maybe he and others read several of your "what a disaster!" or "what is happening to our beloved America?" posts at OTNOT! ;)

The culprits are not Syrians running away from war, not Mexican strawberry pickers

Crooks bought the election in Congress and Senate, passed laws benefitting them, lowered their own taxes, throw the white middle class under the bus .. closed down production, R&D , made money by FED , money shuffling, hot air empty businesses like FaceBook, Twitter etc etc when at the same time Koreans and Chinese and Taiwanese were taking over production.

Yes, Mr. Mamadou scared .. chance of being killed by terrorist in US (terrorist defined any criminal with Muslim background) is less than winning the "Powerball lottery" when at the same time every 15 minutes an American killed by gun (odd 1:10,000)

America has so many great people, wise, big heart .. where are those politicians to steer America ship in these destiny making times ? Is Trump best America can offer ? or America not yet aware of situation in .. economy on the brink of tipping

An epidemic of overdoses, suicides and alcohol-related illness is causing a surge in deaths among white Americans with a high-school education or less that now makes them more likely to die early than those who are black or Hispanic, according to research that illustrates the country’s stark social divide.

The acceleration in what economists Anne Case and Sir Angus Deaton call “deaths of despair” among middle-aged white Americans was first documented in their 2015 paper that was held up as one explanation for the popularity with white working-class voters of the then-candidate Donald Trump.

In a paper being presented to a Brookings conference on Friday, Ms Case and Sir Angus, 2015 winner of the Nobel Prize in economics, detail a widening educational divide that is expected to cast a shadow over the US economy for years to come. 

The “deep causes” of the increase in white deaths, the economists argue in their paper, are the globalisation and automation that since the 1970s have hit working-class white Americans particularly hard. The result of that economic dislocation, they say, has been a “cumulative disadvantage” that has affected everything from marriage prospects to drug use, and the physical pain they report suffering.

“This doesn’t seem to be just about income. This is about accumulating despair for these people,” Ms Case said. “The white working class may see itself now as the bottom rung of the ladder [in America].”

much more @ link

HP, you missed the whole point. Please go back and re-read the last few posts. I did not blame Mr. Mamadou for his fear, but....... I am assuming from this reply that you feel you have no culpability for propagating the fear Mr. Mamadou felt. Recall our conversation about using fear to steer the herd. HP, you are one of the ones doing the steering! Think about it. ;)

It would have been interesting to talk to Mr. Mamadou peers. What did they believe? What were their sources of information? Did he not trust DeBlaisio to keep him safe?

Since I have been to both places, I can sympathize with anyone who wants to leave NYC for Canada. Immigration shows up at his house three times? Why did he not contact them rather than flee the country? Because someone convinced him that US Immigration were the Stasi? Did he read your posts? Could the person who convinced him that US immigration are the Stasi have been you?

I left NY 30 years ago and moved to VA. Never regretted it for a single minute. Voting with your feet is always more effective and efficient than hoping the ballot box will somehow magically change human nature and "fix" "society." This is America, people flee "red states" for "blue states" and vice versa all the time. Mr Mamadou left a blue city in a blue state in a semi-blue country for a even bluer country...., at least in his perception.

In any event, Mr. Mamadou is now home free. Good for him. He showed ambition and incentive, and he should be applauded for his efforts. Since Trudeau is not Trump, and Canadians are not as hateful as Americans..... he is now in a safe place that will not send him back to the US, nor treat him as poorly as "America" treated him. He won! I wish him the best.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: The culprits are not Syrians running away from war, not Mexican strawberry pickers

An epidemic of overdoses...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azari, come on, stop pulling our legs. Everyone, Joe, watched obama destroy beloved America, we all know who did this to us. Nothing new. This is why Democrats got destroyed, Trump won. You are like 1 year behind in the news, maybe 3-6 years behind the times.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:

HP,

much more @ link

HP, you missed the whole point. Please go back and re-read the last few posts. I did not blame Mr. Mamadou for his fear, but....... I am assuming from this reply that you feel you have no culpability for propagating the fear Mr. Mamadou felt. Recall our conversation about using fear to steer the herd. HP, you are one of the ones doing the steering! Think about it. ;)

It would have been interesting to talk to Mr. Mamadou peers. What did they believe? What were their sources of information? Did he not trust DeBlaisio to keep him safe?

Since I have been to both places, I can sympathize with anyone who wants to leave NYC for Canada. Immigration shows up at his house three times? Why did he not contact them rather than flee the country? Because someone convinced him that US Immigration were the Stasi? Did he read your posts? Could the person who convinced him that US immigration are the Stasi have been you?

I left NY 30 years ago and moved to VA. Never regretted it for a single minute. Voting with your feet is always more effective and efficient than hoping the ballot box will somehow magically change human nature and "fix" "society." This is America, people flee "red states" for "blue states" and vice versa all the time. Mr Mamadou left a blue city in a blue state in a semi-blue country for a even bluer country...., at least in his perception.

In any event, Mr. Mamadou is now home free. Good for him. He showed ambition and incentive, and he should be applauded for his efforts. Since Trudeau is not Trump, and Canadians are not as hateful as Americans..... he is now in a safe place that will not send him back to the US, nor treat him as poorly as "America" treated him. He won! I wish him the best.

"Simple Minded" .. "acid test" for a "high civilization" is, a Nation should stay "steady" whether in Highs or Lows of day's a Nation is going throw .. that characteristic, to sink into bone and flesh of a Nation needs many centuries and many many great leaders and many trial and error.

You (America, Europe) guys, have a bad track record .. Mr Mamadou thinkin, better safe than sorry.

Look at Iranian community in US .. those Iranian community, thought, they as you .. they now know they not you .. and .. the smart ones will vote with their feet.

I steering nothing .. just a friendly reminder that things have consequences .. reputation take generation, centuries to built, can be destroyed in days.

Yes, our beloved America going through rough times now, but that is when the acid test comet to mind .. key here is Joe, the mass, the common people, they must be careful the smarties don't play them .. and key for that is education.

You go to most remote mountain village in Iran, illiterate old farmer, will recite to you the key poetry fro Rumi and Saadi and Khayam, those poetry teach Humanität .. that is why no synagogue is protected and no cemetery is vandalized in Iran, that is why no genocide in Iranian people's history (all killing were done by Monguls, Arabs, Turks).

Joe must educate itself about facts and reality and and, to protect crooks like James Baker, when asked what is the reason for Iraq war, answering Iraq war is for protecting Joe's jobs .. or the other crook saying they don't like our freedom and way of life.

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

"Simple Minded" .. "acid test" for a "high civilization" is, a Nation should stay "steady" whether in Highs or Lows of day's a Nation is going throw .. that characteristic, to sink into bone and flesh of a Nation needs many centuries and many many great leaders and many trial and error.

You (America, Europe) guys, have a bad track record .. Mr Mamadou thinkin, better safe than sorry.

Look at Iranian community in US .. those Iranian community, thought, they as you .. they now know they not you .. and .. the smart ones will vote with their feet.

I steering nothing .. just a friendly reminder that things have consequences .. reputation take generation, centuries to built, can be destroyed in days.

Yes, our beloved America going through rough times now, but that is when the acid test comet to mind .. key here is Joe, the mass, the common people, they must be careful the smarties don't play them .. and key for that is education.

You go to most remote mountain village in Iran, illiterate old farmer, will recite to you the key poetry fro Rumi and Saadi and Khayam, those poetry teach Humanität .. that is why no synagogue is protected and no cemetery is vandalized in Iran, that is why no genocide in Iranian people's history (all killing were done by Monguls, Arabs, Turks).

Joe must educate itself about facts and reality and and, to protect crooks like James Baker, when asked what is the reason for Iraq war, answering Iraq war is for protecting Joe's jobs .. or the other crook saying they don't like our freedom and way of life.

HP,

with all due respect, you are so full of it, your eyes are brown (maybe?) ;) You are a slave to your addiction to group identity and your need to label yuge masses of humanity with a few words.

Celebrate diversity baby!

You don't get to define "high civilization" anymore than any other Tom, Dick, Harry, Rhubarb, Reinhard, Mohammed, or Wang.

Opinions change at light speed in the information age. Centuries to build, days to destroy, the pollsters and Madison Avenue are laughing at that observation.

Very, very simple question for you, where do you live? City only please, we don't want to get too personal.
noddy

Post by noddy »

id never even consider looking to whities to being a higher class o human, you will get nothing but dissapointment and depression.

best thing is to expect standard third world human behaviour, petty squabbling, anger reflexes when under stress, fear when confronted by something new or risks to their lifestyle.

the usual crap, just like everyone else except iranians who come from the blessed pure ayran stock that hasnt been corrupted with neanderthals or even worse, anglos.

the most educated and strongest economy in the han-sphere is singapore and its highly prejudiced against mainland chinese, for all the reasons above, and they are the same people.

eg: http://sglinks.com/pages/5519181-vitrio ... land-china

why expect different from merkins ?
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:id never even consider looking to whities to being a higher class o human, you will get nothing but dissapointment and depression.

best thing is to expect standard third world human behaviour, petty squabbling, anger reflexes when under stress, fear when confronted by something new or risks to their lifestyle.

the usual crap, just like everyone else except iranians who come from the blessed pure ayran stock that hasnt been corrupted with neanderthals or even worse, anglos.

the most educated and strongest economy in the han-sphere is singapore and its highly prejudiced against mainland chinese, for all the reasons above, and they are the same people.

eg: http://sglinks.com/pages/5519181-vitrio ... land-china

why expect different from merkins ?
Well said as always.

It's very tough to celebrate diversity, when yer addicted to group identity labels, and refuse to recognize people as individuals with free will.

Whenever "we" start to associate with "them," we pick up their bad habits, and pretty soon the casual observer can't tell us apart.

Hence the old adage "Don't waste your time arguing with cabbages, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

The desire to not be a herd member in order to celebrate diversity, yet be a herd with common goals in order to maximize productivity seems a tough nut to crack.

Humans! They're all like that!
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: It's very tough to celebrate diversity, when yer addicted to group identity labels, and refuse to recognize people as individuals with free will.

Whenever "we" start to associate with "them," we pick up their bad habits, and pretty soon the casual observer can't tell us apart.

Hence the old adage "Don't waste your time arguing with cabbages, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

The desire to not be a herd member in order to celebrate diversity, yet be a herd with common goals in order to maximize productivity seems a tough nut to crack.

Humans! They're all like that!
ive long figured the alleged requirement for diversity is of race not of culture, noone wants diverse culture, especially not the pro diversity types.

that lavender gets awkard fast, their can only be one law and all the bits of culture that matter get crystalised in law, the rest is just .. colour.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Phys.org
Engines of US university research
.. :D :lol:

"For us to not have access to that talent pool is a major, major blow. It is unimaginable in schools of engineering across the country to lose that talent," said Kazem Kazerounian, dean of the School of Engineering at the University of Connecticut, which has accepted 15 Iranian students so far.

They all will go to Germany and Canada and UK, with full scholarship

Heracleum Persicum

artnet.com

Simple minded, NR, you have the mike

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

artnet.com

Simple minded, NR, you have the mike

HP,

Once again, very, very simple question for you to answer. Where do you live? Please don't dodge question again. Thanks in advance.
noddy

Post by noddy »

iirc vancouver.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:iirc vancouver.
Do you know what the illiterate old farmer, living in a remote mountain village in Iran, who knows the secret of high civilization, and who can recite to you the key poetry from Rumi and Saadi and Khayam, whose poetry teach Humanität would say?

"Duh! Why the Hell do you think I live in a remote mountain village in Iran and not Vancouver you fool! What a dumbass!"

Not quite as succinct as WWJD......