The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Doc

Re: The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Nat Post - Rex Murphy | The real fake news of 2017
Contempt for Trump—the conviction that he is some sort of dangerous historical “accident” in the presidential office—serves as a warrant for abandoning all disinterested judgment and analytic neutrality. To those who oppose him, particularly those in the news media, Trump is regarded as just SO bad that standards can be virtuously abandoned, and neutrality and dispassion set aside, so long as it helps (such is the hope) to hurt Trump, and, maybe, get rid of him.

The new rule is: anything that can weaken Trump’s standing, sever his connection with the populist base, and help to bring him down is fair game. Hence the sloppiness and one-directional nature of most Trump news. In just the last few weeks, Brian Ross at ABC, the Wall Street Journal, and CNN each had to correct or deny major stories that had all been wrong in the same direction. They hurt Trump.
In the same vein ....

From 2014:

http://beta.latimes.com/nation/nationno ... story.html

Ex-Tribune reporter said to have 'collaborative' relationship with CIA
Same reporter from this month:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/re ... y-the-cia/

Reporter Who ‘Independently Confirmed’ CNN‘s Fake Wikileaks Report Has His Stories Previewed By The CIA
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

“We have a coup on our hands in America.”

This marks a new era in American politics. The Republican Party is no longer just obfuscating the truth or defending the president when he is accused of wrongdoing. Rather, Mr. Trump, Fox News and Republicans in Congress seem to be actively using falsehoods to prepare an assault on the institutions that allow American democracy to function.

In all democracies, politicians occasionally lie to cover up scandals or exaggerate their legislative accomplishments. In the United States, the rise of the right-wing news media in recent decades has tempted politicians to play to their own supporters without worrying whether their rhetoric is inflammatory or fair. But the construction of an alternate reality that obviates the very possibility of conducting politics on the basis of truth is a novelty in this country. And it is increasingly becoming obvious that it will serve a clear purpose: to prepare the ground for egregious violations of basic democratic norms.

The basic playbook is now familiar. At first, the most extreme partisans — like Mr. Watters of Fox News — float an outlandish idea. Then, supporters of the president who affect an air of moderation debate whether this idea is true in a seemingly evenhanded manner. Before long, Mr. Trump himself is spreading the claim, saying something like “many people are asking questions” about it.

:lol: .. dismantling America brick by brick

Wishful projection.

The famous byline of the NY Times was "All the news that's fit to print."

As a friend recently observed, the byline has effectively become

"All the rumours that fit we print."

While I only agree with a few of Trump's policies, not that it matters,
I find it ridiculous that what was once the "newspaper of record" to be publishing
the type of histrionic articles that belong in a college student newspaper or the long gone Ramparts.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Wishful projection.

The famous byline of the NY Times was "All the news that's fit to print."

As a friend recent observed, the byline has effectively become

"All the rumours that fit we print."

While I only agree with a few of Trump's policies, not that it matters,
I find it ridiculous that what was once the "newspaper of record" to be publishing
the type of histrionic articles that belong in a college student newspaper or the long gone Ramparts.
but Shirley this time is different!

The end is neigh....... yet again.....
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect am sure will love this one

Pat Buchanan
Did the FBI Conspire to Stop Trump ?

Well, bit by bit, things fallin in place

Interesting article, and probably the case.

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It was clear from 2016. They knew Trump would expose shenanigans of every sort, Hillary would look the other way. They still sweating, worst is yet to come.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It was clear from 2016. They knew Trump would expose shenanigans of every sort, Hillary would look the other way. They still sweating, worst is yet to come.
I have seen gallows in DC being mentioned
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Is Trump a 'Very Stable Genius' or a Dangerous Lunatic?
In recent years, Frances has expressed qualms about the APA's quest to classify every unlovely feature of human nature as a mental illness. "Psychiatric diagnosis still relies exclusively on fallible subjective judgments rather than objective biological tests," he noted in a 2013 Annals of Internal Medicine article. "Psychiatric diagnosis is facing a renewed crisis of confidence caused by diagnostic inflation. The boundaries of psychiatry are easily expanded because no bright line separates patients who are simply worried from those with mild mental disorders." Or as Frances put it more pithily in a 2011 interview with Gary Greenberg, "There is no definition of a mental disorder. It's bullshit. I mean, you just can't define it." In a 2012 Cato Unbound debate (in which I also participated), Frances declared that "mental disorders most certainly are not diseases."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I will take a lunatic who is producing Trump's economic numbers over an Ivy League community organizer who produced the worst economy since WWII all day every day.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:I will take a lunatic who is producing Trump's economic numbers over an Ivy League community organizer who produced the worst economy since WWII all day every day.

Stock Market’s Rise,
Lauded by Trump, :lol:
Lags the Gains Under Obama

Optimism around the new tax code, as well as a relaxed regulatory climate, has helped drive the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index’s 30 percent rise since Mr. Trump took office. But that performance falls short of the market’s gains during the first years of the presidencies of Barack Obama and the elder George Bush.

It’s unusual for any president to take credit (or blame) for stock market performance, but in Twitter posts and speeches, Mr. Trump has continually trumpeted the success of the market as a direct result of his actions.

As with any time the stock market shoots upward, the inevitable question is when it will fall, and now, what Mr. Trump will say if it does.

MP, if you long, take profit and step aside, market setting a trap, Trump "hot air" .. fall could be vicious.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I will take a lunatic who is producing Trump's economic numbers over an Ivy League community organizer who produced the worst economy since WWII all day every day.
genius.png
genius.png (18.55 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
MP, if you long, take profit and step aside, market setting a trap, Trump "hot air" .. fall could be vicious.

obama had record low growth, record unemployment, record debts, record food stamps, record homeless, records wealth disparity, record poverty. Records being set into his last year.

Trump has reversed all those trends, and 1 year of Trump was better than any year under obama. Trump approaching 4% GDP growth, something not seen in almost 20 years.

Everything you post is fake.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

obama had record low growth, record unemployment, record debts, record food stamps, record homeless, records wealth disparity, record poverty. Records being set into his last year.

Trump has reversed all those trends, and 1 year of Trump was better than any year under obama. Trump approaching 4% GDP growth, something not seen in almost 20 years.

Everything you post is fake.

Colonel Sun warned HP not to post too much content (of NYT)

But, pls click on the link .. NYT article says the opposite what you allege

Stock Market’s Rise,
Lauded by Trump, :lol:
Lags the Gains Under Obama

We will know in 2-3 yrs, earliest 2020, whether Trump had any effect on economy .. right now, we in Obama economy.

Strong Economies Lift Presidents.
Trump Seems an Exception.

The stock market has surged. Unemployment is at 4.1 percent. ISIS has largely been vanquished from Iraq and Syria.

But despite it all, Donald J. Trump’s approval ratings are mired in the upper 30s. No president has had worse ratings at this stage of his term since modern polling began more than three-quarters of a century ago.

. . seems clear that Mr. Trump’s approval ratings betray significant political weakness.

Oprah, here we come

Witnessing "back-2-back" Disasters

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NYT is fake news, said HIllary would win 92%. Also, all Trump polling is fake. Trump is more popular now than when he won the election. Hillary is less popular than ever and now loses even worse to Trump.

Oprah will not be President. Trump wins twice easily and record surging economy continues.

But would be fun, Oprah vs Dwayne Johnson vs Bernie Sanders vs Hillary Clinton vs Kamal Harris vs Gavin Newsome

What a zoooooo.......

:)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Oprah, here we come

Witnessing "back-2-back" Disasters

Only 2 disasters? HP need to drop Persian math and maybe try Arabic math or Greek math! ;)

I'm ready for another O-show!

As Ben Shapiro said (paraphrased) "So last night, the same people and the Hollywood press who were silent about the abuse of women in their midsts for decades are now patting themselves on the back for wearing black dresses and talking about it as if they never knew it was happening and did not condone it the entire time?"

Another datapoint of many Joe's saying "F**k You!" to the establishment.

Oprah will definitely win the Dem primary nomination. Will DNC try to fix the primary again? This time to keep the O out rather than the H in? I'm with Her! still works as a slogan!

Talking Heads are already contributing.

the never ending erection continues....
Doc

Post by Doc »

Why on Earth would Oprah run for POTUS? Harveywood collusion?
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:.
NYT is fake news, said HIllary would win 92%. Also, all Trump polling is fake. Trump is more popular now than when he won the election. Hillary is less popular than ever and now loses even worse to Trump.

Voters Abandoning Donald Trump
Blue-collar whites at the core of his coalition have lost faith over his first year in office.

Previously unpublished results from the nonpartisan online-polling firm SurveyMonkey show Trump losing ground over his tumultuous first year not only with the younger voters and white-collar whites who have always been skeptical of him, but also with the blue-collar whites central to his coalition.
Doc

Post that did not age well. -- Re: The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:04 am .

In an extraordinary move,
the chairman of the House panel investigating Russian interference in the presidential election
bypassed his own committee Wednesday
to brief President Trump on information related to U.S. surveillance of his transition team.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said he had learned from a source that the U.S. intelligence community incidentally collected information on members of Trump’s transition team and then “widely disseminated” the information internally.

My take is, intelligence community, FNI, NSA have all they need for an impeachment .. but .. decided to release info by "piecemeal" to force resignation .. Republican chairman of the House panel investigating Russian interference in the presidential election briefed Trump about what FBI might have.

Look, Jared Kushner visiting Sergey Kislyak needs no explanation, signs were written on the wall.

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Sen. Whitehouse Calls for Investigation of Ginni Thomas
In Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest, Cecily observes “I have never met any really wicked person before… I am so afraid he will look just like every one else.” The quote came to mind this week after Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) demanded an investigation of Ginni Thomas. Whitehouse insists that there is a “big investigative gap” in pursuing the leaker of the draft Supreme Court opinion in the pending abortion case, but not the wife of Clarence Thomas. Ginni Thomas supported the challenge to the certification of the 2020 election.

Even in the age of rage, the investigation of the spouse of a sitting justice due to her political views is shocking. However, other members and even legal experts have called for such investigations or the actual impeachment of her husband.
The position of Ginni Thomas on the election was no surprise. She is a well-known Republican activist and Trump supporter. In her communications, Thomas encouraged then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to pursue legal and legislative challenges to what she viewed as a stolen election. That was a position supported by millions of voters.

We have come a long way from the days when spouses were viewed as mere extensions of their husbands. Ginni Thomas is an activist and the couple has often discussed how they keep their professional lives apart. Yet, these members are suggesting that Justice Thomas can be investigated or impeached because he essentially failed to keep his wife in line and silent on this national controversy.

On MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” Sen. Whitehouse mocked “how Chief Justice Roberts went to DEFCON 1 over the leak of the Alito abortion opinion and demanded investigations and said it was a betrayal of the court.”

Yet, he noted “If you look at the Ginni Thomas situation … it seems to me that when you have the spouse of the Supreme Court justice now repeatedly connected with an insurrection against the country and now connected with an individual who is so deeply in trouble that a White House, a Trump White House legal counsel advised him to get a criminal defense attorney, that if you are going to go to DEFCON 1 over the leak of a draft opinion, you might want to consider going to DEFCON 3 or 4 or 5 and start investigating within the court what the heck is going on here.” He asked why Chief Justice Roberts is “unwilling to look at its own problems as regards Justice Thomas.”

The reason may be that leaking the opinion is clearly unethical and potentially criminal conduct. What Ginni Thomas did is called free speech. Thomas had every right to call for a challenge to the election even though some of us viewed the effort as unfounded. Marriage to a justice does not come with some form of indentured servitude where you must suspend the exercise of constitutional rights like freedom of speech.
The challenge to the 2020 election was no surprise. Indeed, not long after the election, I wrote about that possibility in what I called the “Death Star strategy.” It is not a crime to plan such a challenge, even without good cause. It was the same course taken by Democrats without any outcry from the media in challenging Republican presidents.

When Boxer launched her own challenge to President Bush on this law, Speaker Nancy Pelosi praised her challenge as “witnessing Democracy at work. This isn’t as some of our Republican colleagues have referred to it, sadly, as frivolous. This debate is fundamental to our democracy.” Joining her in that challenge was Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), who now chairs the committee looking into the Jan. 6th riot. (Fellow Committee member Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) sought to challenge Trump’s certification in 2016).

We certainly could investigate Ginni Thomas to confirm that she “looks just like every one else” in Washington. She is someone who speaks her mind as a conservative activist. She is also the spouse of a Supreme Court justice. Her professional and marital positions are entirely separate and distinct.

Full text at the link above.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:13 am Sen. Whitehouse Calls for Investigation of Ginni Thomas
In Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest, Cecily observes “I have never met any really wicked person before… I am so afraid he will look just like every one else.” The quote came to mind this week after Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) demanded an investigation of Ginni Thomas. Whitehouse insists that there is a “big investigative gap” in pursuing the leaker of the draft Supreme Court opinion in the pending abortion case, but not the wife of Clarence Thomas. Ginni Thomas supported the challenge to the certification of the 2020 election.[/quote}
"Legal " Experts" that do not believe in the rule of law are neither.

Even in the age of rage, the investigation of the spouse of a sitting justice due to her political views is shocking. However, other members and even legal experts have called for such investigations or the actual impeachment of her husband.
The position of Ginni Thomas on the election was no surprise. She is a well-known Republican activist and Trump supporter. In her communications, Thomas encouraged then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to pursue legal and legislative challenges to what she viewed as a stolen election. That was a position supported by millions of voters.

We have come a long way from the days when spouses were viewed as mere extensions of their husbands. Ginni Thomas is an activist and the couple has often discussed how they keep their professional lives apart. Yet, these members are suggesting that Justice Thomas can be investigated or impeached because he essentially failed to keep his wife in line and silent on this national controversy.

On MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” Sen. Whitehouse mocked “how Chief Justice Roberts went to DEFCON 1 over the leak of the Alito abortion opinion and demanded investigations and said it was a betrayal of the court.”

Yet, he noted “If you look at the Ginni Thomas situation … it seems to me that when you have the spouse of the Supreme Court justice now repeatedly connected with an insurrection against the country and now connected with an individual who is so deeply in trouble that a White House, a Trump White House legal counsel advised him to get a criminal defense attorney, that if you are going to go to DEFCON 1 over the leak of a draft opinion, you might want to consider going to DEFCON 3 or 4 or 5 and start investigating within the court what the heck is going on here.” He asked why Chief Justice Roberts is “unwilling to look at its own problems as regards Justice Thomas.”

The reason may be that leaking the opinion is clearly unethical and potentially criminal conduct. What Ginni Thomas did is called free speech. Thomas had every right to call for a challenge to the election even though some of us viewed the effort as unfounded. Marriage to a justice does not come with some form of indentured servitude where you must suspend the exercise of constitutional rights like freedom of speech.
The challenge to the 2020 election was no surprise. Indeed, not long after the election, I wrote about that possibility in what I called the “Death Star strategy.” It is not a crime to plan such a challenge, even without good cause. It was the same course taken by Democrats without any outcry from the media in challenging Republican presidents.

When Boxer launched her own challenge to President Bush on this law, Speaker Nancy Pelosi praised her challenge as “witnessing Democracy at work. This isn’t as some of our Republican colleagues have referred to it, sadly, as frivolous. This debate is fundamental to our democracy.” Joining her in that challenge was Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), who now chairs the committee looking into the Jan. 6th riot. (Fellow Committee member Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) sought to challenge Trump’s certification in 2016).

We certainly could investigate Ginni Thomas to confirm that she “looks just like every one else” in Washington. She is someone who speaks her mind as a conservative activist. She is also the spouse of a Supreme Court justice. Her professional and marital positions are entirely separate and distinct.

Full text at the link above.
Parodite

The Mar-a-Lago raid. Affidavit sealed forever?

Post by Parodite »

[Mod note. The thread for the Biden Admin's shenanigans.]

I wonder how long FBI-DOJ can pospone unsealing the full affidavit 1) to Trump and 2) to the general public. They can surely pull it off beyond the midterms in november.. but after that? I read in PA the sealing can be extended indefinately in periods of 30 days max, but there would be an obligation to give the unsealed (and unredacted?) affidavit to the defendant once the first criminal court case hearing in scheduled.

A home raid/search with warrant and affidavit requires enough sealing to protect witnesses, method and content of the investigation, obviously. Check. But given the pattern of the previous 6 years where Trump's political opponents used every means possible bordering on the illegal if not outright criminal to stop the Orange Hitler, the public interest in a sufficiently unsealed affidavit is huge and the potential damage hugenormous if the damn thing remains unsealed not for a few months but for years... well into 2024.

If, God forbid, it turns out being another Russia collusion type hoax and conspiracy by the usual suspects whose brains and moral compass have been fried by longterm-TDS...and after the Trump era have to double down, triple down forever... where every Republican is a new little Trump monster baby that has to be dealt with.

Poor Sam Harris who completely lost it, claiming that whatever Hunter and Joe Biden did.. pales in comparison with what Trump did and therefor justifies using any means available to stop him. Even if it is a dirty, hypocritical game with tons of half-truths and complete lies. Sam probably recognizes too much of Trump in himself; ie the I-Am-God complex. (I checked with Dr. Phil, he agrees) I suspect Sam to simply be jealous since Trump is not ashamed thinking of himself as a godlike Superman if not God himself, whereas Sam needs to humiliate himself non-stop taking the knee murmering his most favorite and feared mantra; "I am not God. And I have NO free will".
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Re: The Mar-a-Lago raid. Affidavit sealed forever?

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:41 pm I wonder how long FBI-DOJ can pospone unsealing the full affidavit 1) to Trump and 2) to the general public. They can surely pull it off beyond the midterms in november.. but after that? I read in PA the sealing can be extended indefinately in periods of 30 days max, but there would be an obligation to give the unsealed (and unredacted?) affidavit to the defendant once the first criminal court case hearing in scheduled.

A home raid/search with warrant and affidavit requires enough sealing to protect witnesses, method and content of the investigation, obviously. Check. But given the pattern of the previous 6 years where Trump's political opponents used every means possible bordering on the illegal if not outright criminal to stop the Orange Hitler, the public interest in a sufficiently unsealed affidavit is huge and the potential damage hugenormous if the damn thing remains unsealed not for a few months but for years... well into 2024.

If, God forbid, it turns out being another Russia collusion type hoax and conspiracy by the usual suspects whose brains and moral compass have been fried by longterm-TDS...and after the Trump era have to double down, triple down forever... where every Republican is a new little Trump monster baby that has to be dealt with.

Poor Sam Harris who completely lost it, claiming that whatever Hunter and Joe Biden did.. pales in comparison with what Trump did and therefor justifies using any means available to stop him. Even if it is a dirty, hypocritical game with tons of half-truths and complete lies. Sam probably recognizes too much of Trump in himself; ie the I-Am-God complex. (I checked with Dr. Phil, he agrees) I suspect Sam to simply be jealous since Trump is not ashamed thinking of himself as a godlike Superman if not God himself, whereas Sam needs to humiliate himself non-stop taking the knee murmering his most favorite and feared mantra; "I am not God. And I have NO free will".
They can hold off until charges are filed. Since the judge has basically said that if the FBI redacts too much he won't then it is probably safe to assume the affidavit will be filed with the FBI's Trump Russia collusion files and Epstein's client list.

I think it was back in the 1950s or 60s that the FBI was harassing the US communist party so much that the communist party sued and a federal judge issued a permanent injunction against the FBI ordering it never to investigate the communist party again.

Which gives Trump two options He can sue the FBI for harassment, or he can run in 2024 as the nominee of the communist party.

As for Sam Harris He just forgot he was giving an interview to a libertarian pod cast. Apparently the boy ain't too bright :lol:
Heracleum Persicum

speculation grows she may assume Biden’s job before 2024

High probability
In the history of the United States, only eight vice presidents have ascended to the Oval Office due to the death of the incumbent. Only three have served in a temporary acting capacity as required under the 25th amendment. Harris is one of them.

With speculation swirling around the president’s physical and mental health, questions are beginning to rise over what a Harris foreign policy might look like in the event that Biden does not live out his term of office.

In this regard, Harris is something of a wildcard. Her record in the Senate showed that she is basically a standard issue liberal hawk.

Yet the national security team she has assembled around her as vice president is in many ways preferable to Biden’s, which has deep ties to the Clinton machine and remains wedded to liberal interventionist ideology that has been responsible for so many of the failures and debacles of US foreign policy witnessed in the 30 years since Bill Clinton took office.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:14 pm .

speculation grows she may assume Biden’s job before 2024

High probability
In the history of the United States, only eight vice presidents have ascended to the Oval Office due to the death of the incumbent. Only three have served in a temporary acting capacity as required under the 25th amendment. Harris is one of them.

With speculation swirling around the president’s physical and mental health, questions are beginning to rise over what a Harris foreign policy might look like in the event that Biden does not live out his term of office.

In this regard, Harris is something of a wildcard. Her record in the Senate showed that she is basically a standard issue liberal hawk.

Yet the national security team she has assembled around her as vice president is in many ways preferable to Biden’s, which has deep ties to the Clinton machine and remains wedded to liberal interventionist ideology that has been responsible for so many of the failures and debacles of US foreign policy witnessed in the 30 years since Bill Clinton took office.
The Democrats have decided to dump Biden before 2024. That is why some considered Biden brilliant because he selected Harris as his VP.

Harris temporarily assumed temporary status of POTUS? I had not known that. If she was president in that cased why doesn't Biden blame all the problems his admin on her "presidency"? :lol:
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Doc wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:31 pm
Harris temporarily assumed temporary status of POTUS? I had not known that.
I remember it being a few hours as he underwent some sort of medical procedure or check-up.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:26 am
Doc wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:31 pm
Harris temporarily assumed temporary status of POTUS? I had not known that.
I remember it being a few hours as he underwent some sort of medical procedure or check-up.
Well there you go. If I was one of Biden's handlers I would blame everything gone wrong on her actions during those few hours and demand her impeachment !!! After all the buck stopped with her. And Biden should declare:

:lol: