The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Typhoon

Re: The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
noddy wrote:yeh, then you get al queda, you smash it, you get isis, you smash it, you get daesh.
No, the problem is we haven't smashed any of them yet. Smashing people has a historical success rating of about 100%.
the middle east is europes, russia and chinas problem, trump should have let them have it.
There was this thing.

Right. With 15/19 perpetrators* Saudi Arabians the US response was to invade Iraq.

*plus 1 Egyptian, 1 UAE, and 2 Lebanese.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
noddy wrote:yeh, then you get al queda, you smash it, you get isis, you smash it, you get daesh.
No, the problem is we haven't smashed any of them yet. Smashing people has a historical success rating of about 100%.
the middle east is europes, russia and chinas problem, trump should have let them have it.
There was this thing.

Right. With 15/19 perpetrators* Saudi Arabians the US response was to invade Iraq.

You do know don't you that Saudis were intentionally chosen by Al Qaeda as they figured that the KSA would lose US support giving Al Qaeda a shot to take over?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Al Qaeda's leader was a Saudi and much of Islamic extremist thinking can be traced back to Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

But now Trump is kissing Saudi ass and so you have to, too. Haha!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
There was this thing.

You do know don't you that Saudis were intentionally chosen by Al Qaeda as they figured that the KSA would lose US support giving Al Qaeda a shot to take over?
Considering the current regime, no one would have noticed.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

So what you guys are saying is that we should profile criminals by their ethnicity?

Very interesting approach. ;)
noddy

Post by noddy »

its like targetting biker gangs for the meth trade, annoying a few midlife crisis accountants on their shiny new hogs is a small price to pay :P

the point wasnt about profiling saudis, it was about where does the terrorism get its funding and ideology from, and thats mostly the saudis and to a certain extent, the egyptians.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:its like targetting biker gangs for the meth trade, annoying a few midlife crisis accountants on their shiny new hogs is a small price to pay :P

the point wasnt about profiling saudis, it was about where does the terrorism get its funding and ideology from, and thats mostly the saudis and to a certain extent, the egyptians.
All the points in the world won't stop me from being a smart-mouth. :D

But still, the devil's advocate position is that Saudi and Egyptian nonsense is a molehill.

Wahhabism isn't responsible for Ba'athist fascism; it isn't responsible for Hezbollah or the Muslim Brotherhood, it doesn't agitate for Saudis to be revanchist in character nor harbor resentments based on some sort of national irrendentism.

The case that the Taliban and ISIS are fires started by Wahhabism is over-stated. Both were the ancedents of para-military organizations arising in power vacuums.

The Saudis rule a very unattractive society. But their foreign policy runs along the sort of reasons of state you'd expect for the area, their rulers are indigenous and Arabia is going to be a regional power/influence no matter who is in charge.

Wahhabism's biggest influence is in depressing women's labor and attempting to maintain some sort of order between the sexes. The latter barely works and the former is neither here nor there when they lag in training their male offspring in much of anything.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

You do know don't you that Saudis were intentionally chosen by Al Qaeda as they figured that the KSA would lose US support giving Al Qaeda a shot to take over ?

:lol: .. what a disaster, what a disaster

Now the crooks want Joe to believe Wahhabi the good guys, and, terrorist just want to spoil good Wahhabi-American relations :lol:

Was Bin Landen not Saudi ?

Come on .. all this insult to American Joe

What do you have to say to widows of Col Paul Shaffer and Lt. Colonel Jack Turner ? .. Pfui

and
"The voices supporting the MEK are ignoring the lessons of some of the most catastrophic U.S. foreign-policy mistakes in the past few decades, urging Washington to repeat history."

Overhyping the threat of an adversary and blindly supporting groups opposing it led to the creation of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Supporting the MEK is neither in accordance with American values, nor beneficial to U.S. interests.

Seems, lesson not learnd

NapLajoieonSteroids

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

You do know don't you that Saudis were intentionally chosen by Al Qaeda as they figured that the KSA would lose US support giving Al Qaeda a shot to take over ?

:lol: .. what a disaster, what a disaster

Now the crooks want Joe to believe Wahhabi the good guys, and, terrorist just want to spoil good Wahhabi-American relations :lol:

Was Bin Landen not Saudi ?

Come on .. all this insult to American Joe

What do you have to say to widows of Col Paul Shaffer and Lt. Colonel Jack Turner ? .. Pfui

and
"The voices supporting the MEK are ignoring the lessons of some of the most catastrophic U.S. foreign-policy mistakes in the past few decades, urging Washington to repeat history."

Overhyping the threat of an adversary and blindly supporting groups opposing it led to the creation of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Supporting the MEK is neither in accordance with American values, nor beneficial to U.S. interests.

Seems, lesson not learnd

What good guys? We're a long way from picking good guys here.

The choice is between those who will annoy us and those who wish to seriously damage us.

Dopey princes throwing their money around fall into the first group.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Can we say the coup detat has failed yet?
More like it quietly succeeded.
Do you know what a coup is?
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:

And...
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

Do you know what a coup is ?

YES

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Sounds like no.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
noddy wrote:its like targetting biker gangs for the meth trade, annoying a few midlife crisis accountants on their shiny new hogs is a small price to pay :P

But still, the devil's advocate position is that Saudi and Egyptian nonsense is a molehill.

Wahhabism isn't responsible for Ba'athist fascism; it isn't responsible for Hezbollah or the Muslim Brotherhood, it doesn't agitate for Saudis to be revanchist in character nor harbor resentments based on some sort of national irrendentism.

The case that the Taliban and ISIS are fires started by Wahhabism is over-stated. Both were the ancedents of para-military organizations arising in power vacuums.

The Saudis rule a very unattractive society. But their foreign policy runs along the sort of reasons of state you'd expect for the area, their rulers are indigenous and Arabia is going to be a regional power/influence no matter who is in charge.

Wahhabism's biggest influence is in depressing women's labor and attempting to maintain some sort of order between the sexes. The latter barely works and the former is neither here nor there when they lag in training their male offspring in much of anything.
this is not my understanding.

the above only covers the official channels and policy of the king.

the funding of all the dodgy madrass and terrorist groups is happening in the bitter princes and wannabee clerics who are not part of the top layer of saudi society but still get solid amounts of oil loot.

these are the ones getting a free pass because of the mess of politics involved in keeping the king in place.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:

this is not my understanding which is that the above only covers the official channels.

the funding of all the dodgy madrass and terrorist groups is happening in the bitter princes and wannabee clerics who are not part of the top layer of saudi society but still get solid amounts of oil loot.

these are the ones getting a free pass because of the mess of politics involved in keeping the king in place.
Well, I don't disagree.

Especially with it being a mess where we sorta slap lipstick on the stroppy pig and hope for the best.

I guess it comes down to how confident one should be that dissatisfied people on the totem pole can remain marginalized (and their damaged minimized) in comparison to the unknown or a strengthened Shia crescent coalition.

To paraphrase something I once read, "Would you rather deal with a bunch of princes financing guys who'll run you over and shoot about ten people per incident or would you rather deal with Iran controlling almost the whole of the oil supply and with the know how to build nuclear ICBMs capable of hitting all of us on the map?"
NapLajoieonSteroids

There is also the uncomfortable bit that the US now has a long history of having alternative governments and other general crazies on their own payroll, always ready to take over the moment there is a color revolution....

...maybe we should bomb the rubble some more, much easier than sorting this all out.
noddy

Post by noddy »

maybe we should bomb the rubble some more, much easier than sorting this all out.
this is probably the actual truth.

im not 100% convinced the dichotomy above (saudi or iran) is the only possible outcome but its not my area of expertise so . meh.

---

its the trifecta of high immigration, authoritarian surveillance and low level chaos in the middle east that bothers me, the sustained outcomes of all this are not adding up to something pleasant.

if trump represents the pressures from those 3, then i suspect he is but the first of his kind and the wet lefties will be dreaming of how moderate he was compared to what followed.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
maybe we should bomb the rubble some more, much easier than sorting this all out.
this is probably the actual truth.

im not 100% convinced the dichotomy above (saudi or iran) is the only possible outcome but its not my area of expertise so . meh.
Well, there is the Turks.... :)

Here's the record-scratching answer: announce that we'll be handing Mecca to the Jews- put the Jews in charge of Arabia.

All fighting will cease immediately because the apoplexies and aneurysms will wipe whole organizations off the map. :D
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Well, there is the Turks.... :)
yeh yeh, dont rub it in.

more seriously, i cant help but think the iranians would be rather limited in their ability to use nuclear weapons as much of a threat, their would be no shortage of directions from which the return fire would come good n hard and they arent that stupid.

trust is a big word but i cant see them being end-days loonie like spengler thinks they will be.
Here's the record-scratching answer: announce that we'll be handing Mecca to the Jews- put the Jews in charge of Arabia.

All fighting will cease immediately because the apoplexies and aneurysms will wipe whole organizations off the map. :D
now your talking.

should keep em all busy for centuries.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

CNBC asks:

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Hmmm .. lookin @ that Brand new Humvee with Islamic State flag on, and bombing secular Assad, it sure feels that way :lol:

Did you find out how Islamic state got those 20,000 same colour same model Toyota SUV ? specifically ordered for Islamic State, why American media not report who ordered and paid for those Toyotas ? ? 20,000 Toyota SUV @ $ 20K a pop = makes $ 400 million .. who paid for that ? :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

obama paid for them.
Heracleum Persicum

Gallup Poll
Americans no longer think Trump keeping his promises

Only 45 percent of people think Trump keeps his promises, down from 62 percent in February, according to a Gallup survey
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Gallup predicted Hillary as President, by 92%. You have to watch that fake news.