The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Mr. Perfect

Re: The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No no no no Zack Morris, reading comprehension is so vital to living.

The journalistic standards are NEW to CNN, as reported. Having standards is NEW to CNN, as in they did not have them before.

NEW.

READING COMPREHENSION.
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:No no no no Zack Morris, reading comprehension is so vital to living.

The journalistic standards are NEW to CNN, as reported. Having standards is NEW to CNN, as in they did not have them before.

NEW.

READING COMPREHENSION.
READING COMPREHENSION. The article mentioned no such thing. A new "workflow" is yawn inducing business-as-usual for a large news org like CNN. MSM outlets have always had journalistic standards in place, which is why this situation even came about. When pressed on journalistic standards, the fake news purveyors (like Alex Jones and presumably his bff Rogan) immediately become visibly uncomfortable precisely because they don't want to be held to any standard of behavior that impedes their ability to peddle profitable fictions.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Cool stories bro, but CNN has put in new standards they didn't have before, for the sole purpose of choking the Russia story. The Russia story is choked. You bet it all on the reds and it landed on orange. Orange beat you. You have no message, no leader, no money, no direction and no issues. And nothing to blame but your stark ignorance.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Wow, CNN has strict journalistic standards...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are too funny Zack

CNN Is Imposing Strict New Rules On Its Russia Coverage

The decision came after the network deleted and retracted a post on Friday.
Originally posted on June 25, 2017, 19:17 GMT Updated on June 25, 2017, 20:04 GMT
Jon Passantino
BuzzFeed News Reporter
Toggle Sharing Options

John Greim / Getty Images

CNN is imposing strict new publishing restrictions for online articles involving Russia after the network deleted a story and then issued a retraction late Friday, according to an internal email obtained by BuzzFeed News.

The email went out at 11:21 a.m. on Saturday from Rich Barbieri, the CNNMoney executive editor, saying "No one should publish any content involving Russia without coming to me and Jason," a CNN vice president.

"This applied to social, video, editorial, and MoneyStream. No exceptions," the email added. "I will lay out a workflow Monday."

The new restrictions also apply to other areas of the network — not just CNNMoney, which wasn't involved with the article that was deleted and retracted.

CNN didn't immediately return a request for comment and a question about what the previous workflow was.

The deleted and retracted a story that claimed Senate investigators were looking into a Russian investment fund whose chief executive met with a member of President Trump’s transition team.

The now-deleted story was published Thursday and cited a single, unnamed source who claimed that the Senate Intelligence Committee was looking into a "$10-billion Russian investment fund whose chief executive met with a member of President Donald Trump's transition team four days before Trump's inauguration."

A source close to the network, who requested anonymity to discuss the matter, told BuzzFeed News earlier that the story was a "massive, massive genuflect up and people will be disciplined." The person said CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker and the head of the company's human resources department are "directly involved" in an internal investigation examining how the story was handled.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Cool stories bro, but CNN has put in new standards they didn't have before, for the sole purpose of choking the Russia story. The Russia story is choked. You bet it all on the reds and it landed on orange. Orange beat you. You have no message, no leader, no money, no direction and no issues. And nothing to blame but your stark ignorance.
The Russia story is starting to turn around on them.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol, the clips I've seen the anchors are blaming it on elected Democrats, when the anchors were driving it more than they were.

Format changes right around the corner, as I told you months ago.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Never say never with a soap opera but its slowly turning into an exposé on the media/political echo chamber.

Inside the Shadowy Intelligence Firm Behind the Trump Dossier

Detraction and calumny are very ruinous sins.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol, the clips I've seen the anchors are blaming it on elected Democrats, when the anchors were driving it more than they were.

you might be right about format changes in the media

but I think everyone is hanging their hat on Mr. Zuckerberg restoring the status quo.

It is all disconcerting and none of them want to hold the bag.

I think they will try to get away with another exhibition of soul-searching [see: post-election] and go right back to all their old habits and dispositions.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Cool stories bro, but CNN has put in new standards they didn't have before, for the sole purpose of choking the Russia story. The Russia story is choked. You bet it all on the reds and it landed on orange. Orange beat you. You have no message, no leader, no money, no direction and no issues. And nothing to blame but your stark ignorance.
No secret that the Podesta brothers are neck deep in Russian banking.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Did the FBi Retaliate Against Michael Flynn by Launching Russia Probe?
The FBI launched a criminal probe against former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn two years after the retired Army general roiled the bureau’s leadership by intervening on behalf of a decorated counterterrorism agent who accused now-Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and other top officials of sexual discrimination, according to documents and interviews.

Flynn’s intervention on behalf of Supervisory Special Agent Robyn Gritz was highly unusual, and included a letter in 2014 on his official Pentagon stationary, a public interview in 2015 supporting Gritz’s case and an offer to testify on her behalf. His offer put him as a hostile witness in a case against McCabe, who was soaring through the bureau’s leadership ranks.

The FBI sought to block Flynn’s support for the agent, asking a federal administrative law judge in May 2014 to keep Flynn and others from becoming a witness in her Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) case, memos obtained by Circa show. Two years later, the FBI opened its inquiry of Flynn.
The deputy director’s testimony provided some of the strongest evidence in the case of possible retaliation, because he admitted the FBI opened an internal investigation into Gritz’s personal conduct after learning the agent “had filed or intended to file” a sex discrimination complaint against her supervisors.

McCabe eventually became the bureau’s No. 2 executive and emerged as a central player in the FBI’s Russia election tampering investigation, putting him in a position to impact the criminal inquiry against Flynn.

Three FBI employees told Circa they personally witnessed McCabe make disparaging remarks about Flynn before and during the time the retired Army general emerged as a figure in the Russia case.

The bureau employees, who spoke only on condition of anonymity for fear of retribution, said they did not know the reason for McCabe’s displeasure with Flynn, but that it made them uncomfortable as the Russia probe began to unfold and pressure built to investigate Flynn. One employee even consulted a private lawyer.

“As far as the troops in the field, the vast-majority were disgusted with the Russia decision, but that was McCabe driving the result that eventually led [former FBI Director James] Comey to make the decision,” said a senior federal law enforcement official, with direct knowledge of the investigation.

Follow the link above to read the whole thing.

I do not like that it more anonymous source stuff but Circa has been on top of these stories lately.
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
No secret that the Podesta brothers are neck deep in Russian banking.
but that doesn't count for anything because of reasons.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: you might be right about format changes in the media
Yup. I sure am.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

What is it with this guy and Russia? Trump Had Undisclosed Hour Long Meeting with Putin

Russia and the US have no shared objectives for a post-conflict Syria let alone on the broader world stage. Oh, right, Trump owes Russia big league :) I'll bet the conversation went something like "we can't return your compounds just yet -- my people won't let me -- but just give it some time and it'll all blow over".

Haha. What a loser. Trump must be scared sh*tless now that he's failed spectacularly on health care. Putin's going to realize he's weak and powerless and may end up playing hardball and releasing the kompromat.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Zack Morris wrote:What is it with this guy and Russia? Trump Had Undisclosed Hour Long Meeting with Putin

Russia and the US have no shared objectives for a post-conflict Syria let alone on the broader world stage. Oh, right, Trump owes Russia big league :) I'll bet the conversation went something like "we can't return your compounds just yet -- my people won't let me -- but just give it some time and it'll all blow over".

Haha. What a loser. Trump must be scared sh*tless now that he's failed spectacularly on health care. Putin's going to realize he's weak and powerless and may end up playing hardball and releasing the kompromat.
I'm pretty sure meeting with Putin is part of Trump's job description.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

An undisclosed meeting with an adversary of the United States and then embarrassing statements from the Russians claiming that Trump swallowed Putin's denial of election hacking hook, line, and sinker. Yeah, nothing weird here.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Zack Morris wrote:.

Yeah, nothing weird here.

The real news, is Trump met Putin for a 2nd time .. during dinner, Trump gets up, leaves with Putin for 1 hr "REALLY" private talk .. only Putin's translator was present, no American except Trump was present .. meaning nobody knows what Trump and Putin talked about

In the first Putin/Trump meeting, Tillerson and other Americans were present, not in this one .. it was only Putin, Trump and Russian translator. :lol:

Am not against the above, Trump and Putin could talk real substance.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol
XsFR8DbSRQE
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -officials

Susan Rice Postpones Testifying to Congress on Unmasking Trump Officials

by Kristina Wong18 Jul 20170
Former National Security Adviser Susan Rice was supposed to testify Tuesday in front of the House intelligence committee but has postponed, according to reports confirmed by Breitbart News.

She was to testify in a closed hearing about her unmasking the identities of Trump campaign and transition team associates who were swept up in surveillance of foreign targets.

During that surveillance, Americans’ names are masked for moral, privacy, and legal reasons, but U.S. officials can request the unmasking of their identities through a formal process.

The House intelligence committee is looking into the issue of improper unmasking of campaign officials and politicians and have subpoenaed the NSA, CIA, and FBI for records related to Rice, former CIA Director John Brennan, and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power.

Several news outlets reported in March that Rice had unmasked members of Trump’s campaign and transition team members during that surveillance. A conversation between Russian Ambassador and former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was illegally leaked to the Washington Post in February.

Rice originally told PBS that she “knew nothing” about unmasking. Later she acknowledged that she engaged in unmasking Trump officials but has insisted that it was not politically motivated and only did it when it related to national security matters.

This would have been the first time Rice testified since those reports that she unmasked Trump’s associates, although she has given interviews to MSNBC and other friendly outlets.

Rice recently told the New York Magazine that she believes this is an extension of her being targeted by the right since erroneously saying the September 2012 Benghazi attack was due to spontaneous protests, not a planned terrorist attack, and suggested her race and gender played a role.

Rice has already turned down testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee, with her lawyer arguing that the request to testify was not bipartisan. Ranking Member Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) contacted Rice and told her he objected to it, reportedly leading her to reject the request.

Power is expected to testify before the House intelligence committee before the August recess, according to Fox News.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

It's not very undisclosed if it was publicized by the White House.

Or are we changing undisclosed to mean any meeting where a recording device cannot capture a conversation to be leaked later or Jeff Bezos wasn't invited? :)
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:It's not very undisclosed if it was publicized by the White House.

Or are we changing undisclose to mean any meeting where a recording device cannot capture a conversation to be leaked later or Jeff Bezos wasn't invited? :)
undisclose: they didn't take off their white hood! Maybe? Or someone disagreed with the MSM controlling the narrative? :P
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:It's not very undisclosed if it was publicized by the White House.

Or are we changing undisclose to mean any meeting where a recording device cannot capture a conversation to be leaked later or Jeff Bezos wasn't invited? :)
undisclose: they didn't take off their white hood! Maybe? Or someone disagreed with the MSM controlling the narrative? :P
We live in strange times when the same people who will glibly tell you that one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter are now insisting on a hard and fast line on who is a patriot and who is a traitor.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Or are we changing undisclosed to mean any meeting where a recording device cannot capture a conversation to be leaked later or Jeff Bezos wasn't invited? :)
It was an undisclosed eating with Putin at the G20 summit official dinner. Amazon probably supplied the grub. :D
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol, the clips I've seen the anchors are blaming it on elected Democrats, when the anchors were driving it more than they were.

you might be right about format changes in the media

but I think everyone is hanging their hat on Mr. Zuckerberg restoring the status quo.

. . .
Concluded an interesting "experiment" with FB. In quotes as the sample size is N = 1.

Opened an FB account.
Posted to various sites such as American and Aussie newpapers along with The Grauniad and so-called environmentalist sites.

Posts were occasionally satiric, but mostly respectful and/or factual regarding topics such as MMGW and postmodernism.
Someone apparently objected and my posts are now automarked as spam.
Not exactly sure if it is due to FB or one or more of the offended sites.

My impression is that dissent, especially if it is based on argument rather than yahooism, is not well tolerated on FB.

Anyways time to delete the FB account and wrap up my misadventure in social media.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

You were probably correctly flagged as a spambot for having opened an account with no legitimate friends, no legitimate activity other than posting on corporate feeds. How would they distinguish a fraudulent account from a real one after all?

I've posted all kinds of garbage and never been blocked. But I've had an account since 2005, when Facebook was cool.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

The swamp water that Trump and Co. bathe in is starting to simmer. Mueller is turning up the heat by probing financial transactions and Donnie boy is panicking. During his approval-seeking interview with the New York Times (THE paper of record as far as Trump is concerned), he let slip his fear of this.

Mueller has been hiring top notch attorneys with backgrounds in complex white collar crime. The fun is only beginning :)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:You were probably correctly flagged as a spambot for having opened an account with no legitimate friends, no legitimate activity other than posting on corporate feeds. How would they distinguish a fraudulent account from a real one after all?
Should jumping to conclusions ever becomes an Olympic event, then you may wish to consider representing your nation.
Zack Morris wrote:I've posted all kinds of garbage and never been blocked. But I've had an account since 2005, when Facebook was cool.
Perhaps you post the approved kind of garbage.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.