The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Mr. Perfect

Re: The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:The swamp water that Trump and Co. bathe in is starting to simmer. Mueller is turning up the heat by probing financial transactions and Donnie boy is panicking. During his approval-seeking interview with the New York Times (THE paper of record as far as Trump is concerned), he let slip his fear of this.

Mueller has been hiring top notch attorneys with backgrounds in complex white collar crime. The fun is only beginning :)
Lol you were supposed to have him impeached already. "Its only beginning" started a year and a half ago when his business dealings, almost all already out in the open, were the first thing attacked by his opponents right and left. And after dozens of rumors they came up with nothing.

There is no legal business for what Mueller is doing. It's unAmerican to investigate someone for no basis.
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Plenty of basis. He's tried to obstruct justice, he keeps covering for our nation's enemies despite an unprecedented attack on our electoral system, and his family has admitted over the years that they are financially entangled with the Russians. Lotta smoke here and where there's smoke, there could be a fire.

Trump has deep and dirty ties to Russian oligarchs. If he helped launder money, that's criminal and we'll have to LOCK HIM UP.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Plenty of basis. He's tried to obstruct justice,
Nope.
he keeps covering for our nation's enemies despite an unprecedented attack on our electoral system,
Nope.
and his family has admitted over the years that they are financially entangled with the Russians.
Just like the Clintons and half of Washington.
Lotta smoke here and where there's smoke, there could be a fire.
No smoke, no fire.
Trump has deep and dirty ties to Russian oligarchs.
Why bring the Clintons into it.
If he helped launder money, that's criminal and we'll have to LOCK HIM UP.
Innocent till proven guilty, no investigation without probable cause, no probable cause, no nothing, after 1 year of unprecedented investigations by all the media and multiple government agencies.

A nothingburger, except for the left wing lies.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Within seven months of the break-in, all the burglars at the Watergate Hotel had either pled guilty or had been convicted by a jury.

And that was a "long" investigation.

...a year and a half later and the song being sung is:

__VQX2Xn7tI
NapLajoieonSteroids

This is what interference looks like:
Picking his way through the Soviet archives that Boris Yeltsin had just thrown open, in 1991 Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, came across an arresting memorandum. Composed in 1983 by Victor Chebrikov, the top man at the KGB, the memorandum was addressed to Yuri Andropov, the top man in the entire USSR. The subject: Sen. Edward Kennedy.

“On 9-10 May of this year,” the May 14 memorandum explained, “Sen. Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow.” (Tunney was Kennedy’s law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) “The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.”

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. “The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.
Less than a decade ago, asking the Russians to interfere in elections [for your own ambitions in 1988, naturally] was one of those things which made you the "Lion of the Senate" and the right to be kingmaker.
Kennedy would make certain the networks gave Andropov air time–and that they rigged the arrangement to look like honest journalism.
I am shocked- shocked!
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A Democrat coordinating with the Kremlin and the media?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:A Democrat coordinating with the Kremlin and the media?
"coordination for me but not for thee"

The New Democratic Party motto
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:A Democrat coordinating with the Kremlin and the media?
"coordination for me but not for thee"

The New Democratic Party motto
So, now you two are both telling me you're having trouble discerning the difference between democrats and republicans?

Huh? wierd.... What time is it?

democrats, republicans, and russkies! Count em........... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 0a%20trois

menage a trois
sexual activity involving three people. no more. no less. 3 women. 3 men. 2 women 1 man. 2 men 1 woman. whatever the grouping - all must engage in sexual activity with one another for the activity to be a 'menage a trois'. otherwise see 'gangbang' or 'gang bang'.

jenny (Hilary) said it was fun having a 'menage a trois' with mike (Don) and rick (Vlad). however, since mike (don) and rick (Vlad) didn't mess around, jenny (Hilary) was really 'gang banged'.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Simple Minded wrote:.

menage a trois

sexual activity involving three people. no more. no less. 3 women. 3 men. 2 women 1 man. 2 men 1 woman. whatever the grouping - all must engage in sexual activity with one another for the activity to be a 'menage a trois'. otherwise see 'gangbang' or 'gang bang'.

jenny (Hilary) said it was fun having a 'menage a trois' with mike (Don) and rick (Vlad). however, since mike (don) and rick (Vlad) didn't mess around, jenny (Hilary) was really 'gang banged'.

Folks , good news

An important Iranian Ayatollah has given a "fatwa" that a man can have SEX with all his wives (and "temporary" wives) at the same time, sort of "orgy", as long as the girls do not look into each other's eyes.

Makes sense to meeeee :D :lol: :lol:

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Ayatollah is right on that not letting the wimmen look in each other's eyes bit. I played that game once and I was pretty much ignored after round one.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: So, now you two are both telling me you're having trouble discerning the difference between democrats and republicans?
No. I can tell the difference very easily.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

History rhymes. BBC documentary about the 1933 attempted White House coup.

UXGUgFXoRu4

UGPb6ulVEK0

Mav69K2zkgw
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:History rhymes. BBC documentary about the 1933 attempted White House coup.

UXGUgFXoRu4

UGPb6ulVEK0

Mav69K2zkgw
Me thinks Trump should be very wary of Generals and Spooks.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Sara carter -- The last real journalist standing?

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/26/ ... -the-media
EXCLUSIVE: A top FBI lawyer is allegedly under an investigation for leaking classified information to the media
By Sara A. Carter

FBI General Counsel James A. Baker is purportedly under a Department of Justice criminal investigation for allegedly leaking classified national security information to the media, according to multiple government officials close to the probe who spoke with Circa on the condition of anonymity.
Baker is a close confidant of former FBI Director James Comey, and recent media reports suggested he was reportedly advising the then-FBI director on legal matters following private meetings the former director had in February with President Trump in the Oval Office.

Baker was appointed to the FBI's general counsel by Comey in 2014 and has had a long and distinguished history within the intelligence community.
He is a fellow at the Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and a lecturer at Harvard Law School.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

By the Twittering of his thumbs,
Something Reincid this way comes.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

It surprises me that those going after Trump first chose to look for unlikely political collusions, whereas his purely business ties with Russian money probably reveal the dirt they are looking for and a tree to hang him on. But when?

Trump’s Russian Laundromat

Çaveat being that Russian (and other) oligarchs crime money is going into loads of real estate everywhere in the world.
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote:It surprises me that those going after Trump first chose to look for unlikely political collusions, whereas his purely business ties with Russian money probably reveal the dirt they are looking for and a tree to hang him on. But when?

Çaveat being that Russian (and other) oligarchs crime money is going into loads of real estate everywhere in the world.
I think it is three fold:

1) A look into mob connections (Russian, Italian, Chinese, whomever) is going to bring up a lot of embarrassing questions for other politicians.

2) It is taken for granted that for certain industries, construction/real estate being two of them, dealing with mafias is apart of doing business. It's not a knock-out story that the cost of doing business in real estate is paying off/making concessions to mobsters.

3) Half the goal of the collusion story is to comb through as much of Trump's life as possible. You don't get to do that with dirty laundromats.

It suggests to me that they really didn't have anything on Trump to begin with and that they are now using this as a ways to opposition-research him for 2020. Something so vague lets them turn over every rock to build the portfolio.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Your excuses are pathetic, Nap. Normal or not (it isn't, by the way), people with criminal associations and who have knowingly benefited from laundering money for foreign oligarchs do not belong in the White House.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote:It surprises me that those going after Trump first chose to look for unlikely political collusions, whereas his purely business ties with Russian money probably reveal the dirt they are looking for and a tree to hang him on. But when?

Those sorts of things were the first things that were looked into. They didn't have any legs based on no evidence. Trump, like many people in government including the Clintons has done business in Russia. This is not illegal, unethical or even unusual.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The 100% Anti-trump Washington Post starting t back away from the Russian Collusion story

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... crumbling/
The quest to prove collusion is crumbling
By Ed Rogers July 27

While everyone is fixated on President Trump’s unbecoming and inexplicable assault on Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the media has been trying to sneak away from the “Russian collusion” story. That’s right. For all the breathless hype, the on-air furrowed brows and the not-so-veiled hopes that this could be Watergate, Jared Kushner’s statement and testimony before Congress have made Democrats and many in the media come to the realization that the collusion they were counting on just isn’t there.

As the date of the Kushner testimony approached, the media thought it was going to advance and refresh the story. But Kushner’s clear, precise and convincing account of what really occurred during the campaign and after the election has left many of President Trump’s loudest enemies trying to quietly back out of the room unnoticed
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Cute article. Clear win for Trump. Looks like he found a good Chief-of-Staff.

Teresa of Ávila
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Unless Kelly can fire Trump, this won't change anything. As they say in Italy, the goldfish stinks from the brainless head down.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:The 100% Anti-trump Washington Post starting t back away from the Russian Collusion story

By Ed Rogers July 27

While everyone is fixated on President Trump’s unbecoming and inexplicable assault on Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the media has been trying to sneak away from the “Russian collusion” story. That’s right. For all the breathless hype, the on-air furrowed brows and the not-so-veiled hopes that this could be Watergate, Jared Kushner’s statement and testimony before Congress have made Democrats and many in the media come to the realization that the collusion they were counting on just isn’t there.

As the date of the Kushner testimony approached, the media thought it was going to advance and refresh the story. But Kushner’s clear, precise and convincing account of what really occurred during the campaign and after the election has left many of President Trump’s loudest enemies trying to quietly back out of the room unnoticed
Trump's eerie and uncharacteristic silence on Russia's diplomatic retaliation is telling. Trump hasn't shied away from publicly going after foreign countries, including right after meeting with leaders he wanted to "do deals" with -- the Germans, the Chinese, North Korea, Qatar, etc. Putin ejects 755 Americans from Russia and still not a peep from Trump.

Why is he so afraid of Putin?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:The 100% Anti-trump Washington Post starting t back away from the Russian Collusion story

By Ed Rogers July 27

Trump's eerie and uncharacteristic silence on Russia's diplomatic retaliation is telling. Trump hasn't shied away from publicly going after foreign countries, including right after meeting with leaders he wanted to "do deals" with -- the Germans, the Chinese, North Korea, Qatar, etc. Putin ejects 755 Americans from Russia and still not a peep from Trump.

Why is he so afraid of Putin?
Not to mention that presumably Putin is upset with Trump in kicking out 755 US embassy employees

https://www.voanews.com/a/experts-say-r ... 66811.html
A Russian analyst, Nikolai Petrov of the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, said the move reflects the Kremlin's disillusionment with Trump: "These measures are tough, and it is linked to a deep disappointment that came after the euphoria linked to the arrival of Donald Trump [to power], and to the idea that today we will start our relations anew."
Perhaps Trump has a different reason to let thing play out

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... and-lynch/
Last edited by Doc on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.