The End of the MSM and the Deep State. Thread 1

Mr. Perfect

Re: The End of the MSM and the Deep State

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We have some MSM creep in this, remember prior to the DNC email release "Russia" was not an issue at all, and there are just as many Democrat ties to Russia as Republican. It's important to remember nothing illegal unethical or even unusual about doing business in Russia.

The simple fact is that the FBI used completely uncorroborated paid for political opposition research as a basis for criminal investigation.

There is no way in the world this is legal. They simply expected Hillary to win and never imagined they would get caught.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Also:

This memo met hype expectations. What was promised was delivered. People I follow who have been right about this so far are now quoting sources saying this is the beginning of the beginning.

This could be the largest scandal in US history, for all time. I say let loose, stack the criminals 10 high.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Also II:

I never lived through a McCarthy era, but having just lived through one what a twilight zone experience. Every day for 1.5 years now the MSM saturated itself with pure lies and imaginary fantasies and would destroy anyone who tried to poke holes in it. Now, the chickens come home to roost, and the truth vindicates the glorious Republican Party once again. Blessed sweet truth. Hopefully everyone involved dies, politcally, all throughout the MSM. They deserve it so much.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This is it. This is the evil we face. This is not about due process, this is not about guilt or innocence, it's about turf battle and who holds the reigns of power. This is fascism, and it's brought to you by CNN. This is a threat to Democracy itself.

h6FNsjlUpnc
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Here it is again. According the Democrat left elected officials are subordinate to the Deep State. This is a war on Democracy by the left.

SwSrngXTkd4
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I'm not too worried about FBI deep state going after Trump. They can't risk doing what media and democrats are doing; projecting their own biases and behavior on Trump. Media and political talking points are meant to be biased, full of sh*t. Trump is meant to grab a pussy at times, he is already forgiven.

FBI has always been, or is supposed to be, the non-partisan pride of the USA. In the Clinton email case they already lost some of their credibility. To go all rogue and violent on Trump would be suicide, even for the FBI. Because the country would fall apart.

The hysteria and frustration of not being able to get rid of Trump "proves" to those who hate him how dangerous and powerful he is. This brings them perhaps to the edge of a mental breakdown where they would like to become the good dictator who kills the bad dictator. And then when the republic falls apart with the army and police taking over.. still blaming Trump for it. Blaming Trump for what they themselves are doing. That is the pattern now already.

The Orange Pill is working fine and perfectly placed on the chess board. Therapy and cure in action.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:This is it. This is the evil we face. This is not about due process, this is not about guilt or innocence, it's about turf battle and who holds the reigns of power. This is fascism, and it's brought to you by CNN. This is a threat to Democracy itself.
Democracy left the building a long time ago. The Dems just became too arrogant and forgot to be careful, so we have evidence of a crime even bigger than the GOP Watergate scandal. Trump is letting all the criminals retire and collect their pensions. Lord only knows what Sessions is doing, but he is silent and impotent while some congressman squeaks about prosecution which is Sessions' job being left undone.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:Indeed I mixed up: Carter Page was central to the Steele dossier.

The McCabe quote, from the memo:
While the FISA application relied on Steele's past record of credible reporting on other unrelated matters, it ignored or concealed his anti-Trump financial and ideological motivations. Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.
But that last part, "without the Steele dossier information", could that not refer to investigations by Steele into Carter Page before he joined the Trump team and before any DNC FusionGPS got involved, or refer to those "unrelated matters" even earlier?
There was no Steele investigation into the Trump Campaign before Hillary and the DNC paid for it starting around June 2016

https://www.weaselzippers.us/373537-gow ... t-dossier/
Gowdy: FISA Warrant Would Not Have Been Authorized Without Dossier
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Democracy left the building a long time ago. The Dems just became too arrogant and forgot to be careful, so we have evidence of a crime even bigger than the GOP Watergate scandal. Trump is letting all the criminals retire and collect their pensions. Lord only knows what Sessions is doing, but he is silent and impotent while some congressman squeaks about prosecution which is Sessions' job being left undone.
Yes and no. Trump technically can't do one darn thing, it's up to Sessions or a Special Prosecutor. But it's still early, as everyone acknowledges that there is more coming down the pike. Since this is a political prosecution it is imperative that all the i's are dotted.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Also we are about to cross a very new threshold in America. In America Democrats never go to jail. Anthony Wiener had to go underage sex to get prosecuted. A Democrat is a protected legal class in DC.

Republicans, from Nixon to Abramoff to D'Souza to Flynn to Lott are prosecuted, resign at the drop of a hat, while Clapper, Brennan, Clinton andandand walk around free and are paid handsomely to appear on TV.

So what is about to happen is absolutely nuclear. It's never happened before.

Democrats going to jail.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City Journal | The Real FISA Scandal

As for
Democrats going to jail.

I'll believe it when it happens.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:City Journal | The Real FISA Scandal

As for
Democrats going to jail.

This is about a lot more than just the Democrats.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Democracy left the building a long time ago. The Dems just became too arrogant and forgot to be careful, so we have evidence of a crime even bigger than the GOP Watergate scandal. Trump is letting all the criminals retire and collect their pensions. Lord only knows what Sessions is doing, but he is silent and impotent while some congressman squeaks about prosecution which is Sessions' job being left undone.
Yes and no. Trump technically can't do one darn thing, it's up to Sessions or a Special Prosecutor. But it's still early, as everyone acknowledges that there is more coming down the pike. Since this is a political prosecution it is imperative that all the i's are dotted.
Trump has full power of arrest. He can even go full Obama and have enemy combatants drone assassinated.
Sessions reports to Trump. Sessions Senate confirmation simply allowed Trump to delegate existing Presidential powers to Sessions. It did not give Sessions powers Trump does not have.

Trump seems satisfied to have the criminals retire instead of putting them on trial. He takes his orders from the generals. Perhaps they have good reasons.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The President cannot arrest any american citizen by law. He can do anything to a foreigner in a declared war following the law.

Trump cannot order sessions to do anything, all he can do is badger him, and then fire him if wants and replace him with someone else. But it's early for that.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:City Journal | The Real FISA Scandal

As for
Democrats going to jail.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm saying it's the threshold.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Here's the counter-argument from an ex-FBI agent.

Washington Post | Devin Nunes tried to discredit the FBI. Instead, he proved it’s onto something.
As a former special agent for the FBI working on counterintelligence, I used to obtain Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants, so I’m familiar with the procedures Nunes implies the FBI abused in this case. To initiate surveillance on former Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page in October 2016, the government would have had to demonstrate that Page was “knowingly engaging in clandestine intelligence gathering activities for or on behalf of” Russia. Importantly, the “knowingly” requirement applies only to “U.S. persons” such as Page, not to foreign nationals — which means the government had a slightly higher burden in his case. It takes months and even years to obtain enough relevant evidence for a FISA application, which can include details from physical surveillance, phone and financial records, items recovered from the target’s trash and intelligence obtained from other sources. So the FISA application would probably have outlined the bureau’s efforts going all the way back to 2013, when Page was approached by the FBI, which warned him, based on recordings of Russian intelligence officers, that he was being targeted for recruitment as a Russian spy. (That same year, Page also reportedly wrote in a letter to an academic publisher that he was an “informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin.”) In counterintelligence investigations, this kind of interview would have been intended to “neutralize” the Russians: The idea is that anyone who was being unwittingly developed as a spy, as Page appeared to be, would be dismayed to realize what was happening and would immediately cease further contact with their intelligence contacts.
Nunes suggests that the FISA applications were flawed because they included some information supplied by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele, who was hired by an opposition-research firm funded by the Clinton campaign. But as a matter of law, that shouldn’t have made a difference to the court, especially if the affidavit had plenty of other supporting evidence of Page’s activities. Notably, the memo doesn’t even attempt to argue that Page did not, in fact, have ties to Russia.
A Wash Post article typically requires subscription, however, not this one.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

My working assumption is that Carter Page himself is some sort of.. nothing-burger. The case for this nothing-burger theory was made by CP himself in this interview:

Page: ‘I don’t deny’ meeting with Russian amb.

CP seems to me a nothing-burger who somehow knows to sneak in via back-doors into 3-star restaurant kitchens but then is usually kicked out once he is recognized the nothing-burger he is.

At best a useful durian.. but too risky to be used for the serious stuff.

If I were Putin and see that interview I'd just laugh. Or perhaps think: maybe this CP nothing-burger can be used to fool the US intelligence committee just for the fun of it! Like feeding this MI6 "master spy" Steele moron... with tabloid nonsense about Trump letting hookers pee on mattresses was hilarious beyond measure. And Steele/FusionGPS even paying big time for all that crap! Fun times @TheKremlin. Let the Vodka flow!

A new theory: it could be that Putin and his cabal sometimes do things for fun, just to have a laugh. A big laugh at the USA. Mericans always shoot themselves in the foot. They always do, have done since WW2. Steele and Page was innocent fun. Thanks to crazy lady Clinton of course too. Obama convinced Putin that the USA can be messed with.. in a fun way.

Aside what exactly was in the FISA application and how the judges came to give the warrant, the chance that anything substantial comes out of Mueller's investigation that will hurt Trump is very little. Lest they find financial shady bad stuff concerning his business as real estate mogul. Or maybe something in his tax-returns. Maybe some money laundering, business ties with people who go all the way down into the mobster arenas.

Rosenstein gave Mueller unlimited time, unlimited money and scope.. to investigate Trump. For as long as he is POTUS they will investigate him. To make sure that Trump will remain a very suspicious guy. Create enough smoke for long enough time to keep that virtual fire burning and the MSM continuing to try smoke'm Trumpkin out.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Here's the counter-argument from an ex-FBI agent.

Washington Post | Devin Nunes tried to discredit the FBI. Instead, he proved it’s onto something.
As a former special agent for the FBI working on counterintelligence, I used to obtain Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants, so I’m familiar with the procedures Nunes implies the FBI abused in this case. To initiate surveillance on former Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page in October 2016, the government would have had to demonstrate that Page was “knowingly engaging in clandestine intelligence gathering activities for or on behalf of” Russia. Importantly, the “knowingly” requirement applies only to “U.S. persons” such as Page, not to foreign nationals — which means the government had a slightly higher burden in his case. It takes months and even years to obtain enough relevant evidence for a FISA application, which can include details from physical surveillance, phone and financial records, items recovered from the target’s trash and intelligence obtained from other sources. So the FISA application would probably have outlined the bureau’s efforts going all the way back to 2013, when Page was approached by the FBI, which warned him, based on recordings of Russian intelligence officers, that he was being targeted for recruitment as a Russian spy. (That same year, Page also reportedly wrote in a letter to an academic publisher that he was an “informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin.”) In counterintelligence investigations, this kind of interview would have been intended to “neutralize” the Russians: The idea is that anyone who was being unwittingly developed as a spy, as Page appeared to be, would be dismayed to realize what was happening and would immediately cease further contact with their intelligence contacts.
Nunes suggests that the FISA applications were flawed because they included some information supplied by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele, who was hired by an opposition-research firm funded by the Clinton campaign. But as a matter of law, that shouldn’t have made a difference to the court, especially if the affidavit had plenty of other supporting evidence of Page’s activities. Notably, the memo doesn’t even attempt to argue that Page did not, in fact, have ties to Russia.
A Wash Post article typically requires subscription, however, not this one.
Wow. It's amazing what the left posts these days. HE even admits there was no cause against Page as he argues there was.

As he points out the government had to provide cause that Page was knowingly providing intelligence and of course there is no evidence of that anywhere in existence. This was probably an illegal warrant.

Affirming the consequent.
So the FISA application would probably have
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote:My working assumption is that Carter Page himself is some sort of.. nothing-burger. The case for this nothing-burger theory was made by CP himself in this interview:

The simple fact is that if Page had committed a crime he would be in jail before the campaign, and since he was tapped if he had committed a crime during the campaign he would be in jail by now.

Page has done nothing wrong.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Parodite wrote:My working assumption is that Carter Page himself is some sort of.. nothing-burger. The case for this nothing-burger theory was made by CP himself in this interview:

The simple fact is that if Page had committed a crime he would be in jail before the campaign, and since he was tapped if had committed a crime during the campaign he would be in jail by now.

Page has done nothing wrong.
+1
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like Adam Schiff has changed his tune. OOOPSS!!!!! NO, this is an old interview. Lying snakes.

o9THOQHhRQM
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

These are your people Azari. This is who creates your imaginary world. They wouldn't even stop in the street for you.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek- ... l-turmoil/
Newsweek Guts Its Top Edit Staff Amid Legal Turmoil

Staffers who spoke to The Daily Beast on condition of anonymity pointed out that the fired editors had all published pieces reporting on the company’s recent troubles.

Newsweek on Monday fired all of its top staff amid turmoil that has upended the newsroom.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Fake News. It's all lies.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/media/n ... index.html
Employees at Newsweek have been told that editor-in-chief Bob Roe and executive editor Ken Li have been fired, sources with knowledge of the situation told CNN.

A reporter, Celeste Katz, who had written articles about financial issues at the magazine as well as an investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's office into its parent company, Newsweek Media Group, was also let go, the sources said.

Katz declined to comment to CNN but tweeted on Monday afternoon, "My warmest thanks to the brave Newsweek editors and colleagues who supported and shared in my work — especially our recent, difficult stories about the magazine itself — before my dismissal today. I'll sleep well tonight... and I'm looking for a job!"

Staff in Newsweek's New York offices were told they could stop working and go home for the day on Monday afternoon, multiple sources said.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect wrote:These are your people Azari. This is who creates your imaginary world. They wouldn't even stop in the street for you.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek- ... l-turmoil/
Newsweek Guts Its Top Edit Staff Amid Legal Turmoil

Staffers who spoke to The Daily Beast on condition of anonymity pointed out that the fired editors had all published pieces reporting on the company’s recent troubles.

Newsweek on Monday fired all of its top staff amid turmoil that has upended the newsroom.
Mr. Perfect wrote:Fake News. It's all lies.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/media/n ... index.html
Employees at Newsweek have been told that editor-in-chief Bob Roe and executive editor Ken Li have been fired, sources with knowledge of the situation told CNN.

A reporter, Celeste Katz, who had written articles about financial issues at the magazine as well as an investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's office into its parent company, Newsweek Media Group, was also let go, the sources said.

Katz declined to comment to CNN but tweeted on Monday afternoon, "My warmest thanks to the brave Newsweek editors and colleagues who supported and shared in my work — especially our recent, difficult stories about the magazine itself — before my dismissal today. I'll sleep well tonight... and I'm looking for a job!"

Staff in Newsweek's New York offices were told they could stop working and go home for the day on Monday afternoon, multiple sources said.

Thanks, MP

Hmmmmm .. interesting

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What a disaster...