The End of the MSM and the Deep State. Thread 1

Simple Minded

Re: The End of the MSM and the Deep State

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:CNN brain melt.

ZrXNDbZF-jw
Hopefully our OTNOT resident with actual knowledge of obvious Japanese faux pas will comment.....

What is the Japanese word for polite rage-horror? Or the German word for Japanese polite rage-horror?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:

ZrXNDbZF-jw
Hopefully our OTNOT resident with actual knowledge of obvious Japanese faux pas will comment.....

What is the Japanese word for polite rage-horror? Or the German word for Japanese polite rage-horror?
Oh, right. POTUS Trump is in Japan.

空気読めない | Kuuki yomenai | Unable to read the air/atmosphere, i.e., unable to read the situation.

You gentlemen really made this incorrigibly lazy mod work hard to find any reference to this alleged incident.

A search on Trump | トランプ and carp - koi | 鯉 turned up nada in the J-mainstream media.

The full event:

c0hBQLEFUws

Frankly, I don't know what is the proper etiquette for feeding koi in such a formal setting, never having been in the situation myself.
Perhaps dumping the fish food at the end instead of a symbolic spoon feeding might be perceived as a bit gauche,
but no one would be offended as that would be rude towards the guest.

Most who comment seem puzzled by the uproar overseas.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

ZrXNDbZF-jw

Oh, right. POTUS Trump is in Japan.

空気読めない | Kuuki yomenai | Unable to read the air/atmosphere, i.e., unable to read the situation.

You gentlemen really made this incorrigibly lazy mod work hard to find any reference to this alleged incident.

A search on Trump | トランプ and carp - koi | 鯉 turned up nada in the J-mainstream media.

The full event:

c0hBQLEFUws

Frankly, I don't know what is the proper etiquette for feeding koi in such a formal setting, never having been in the situation myself.
Perhaps dumping the fish food at the end instead of a symbolic spoon feeding might be perceived as a bit gauche,
but no one would be offended as that would be rude towards the guest.

Most who comment seem puzzled by the uproar overseas.
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-say-th ... n-Japanese

FWIW, I much prefer PM Abe's polite rage-horror to the western MSM's ostentatious rage-horror.

Although the voluntary peeling back of the veil is also appreciated.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I imagine that people all over the globe recognise that Americans are connoisseurs of self hatred and qualities of being victims and lacking impulse control seems to resonate with them. Point a finger at someone, three point back and all that: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:I imagine that people all over the globe recognise that Americans are connoisseurs of self hatred and qualities of being victims and lacking impulse control seems to resonate with them. Point a finger at someone, three point back and all that: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Ha. Hold my sochu.
18lloe0wito4ijpg.jpg
18lloe0wito4ijpg.jpg (107.18 KiB) Viewed 603 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

This afternoon Andrew McCabe left the FBI....depending on who you listen to, he either:

a)was forced out by a TrumpenPutsch [The BBC]

b)was asked to leave [CBS, NYT, Fox]

c)merely using vacation hours he's allotted to get to his retirement early [NPR]

d1)given a choice, either stay on and accept a big demotion (or possible firing) or essentially quit with full pension. [can't remember where I read it]

d2) (slight variation) instead of accepting the demotion, he quit and go out of dodge. [can't remember where I read this account]

I think b is likely because several different legacy media sources have heard the same news....outside of the BBC and NPR....that FBI Christopher Wray is to some extent upset at Mr.McCabe for something he has learned over the weekend.

Some are connecting the Intellilgence Committee Memo to this sudden development, but it may be the other gossip floating around- the Inspector General FBI Report is coming in March, and there is something damning to McCabe in there that the FBI is trying to get ahead of.
NapLajoieonSteroids

And of course, that Intelligence Committee 4 pg. memo is a go for release. The question now is when. The President has to sign off on it, which is a 'sure thing' by all indications. Even if he doesn't, within 5 days, if the President hasn't given it the go ahead, it will be available. So it's countdown time.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:And of course, that Intelligence Committee 4 pg. memo is a go for release. The question now is when. The President has to sign off on it, which is a 'sure thing' by all indications. Even if he doesn't, within 5 days, if the President hasn't given it the go ahead, it will be available. So it's countdown time.
More on this.

Reuters | House panel votes to release Republican memo alleging anti-Trump bias,
The U.S. House Intelligence Committee voted along party lines on Monday to release a classified memo that Republicans say shows anti-Trump bias by the FBI and the Justice Department in seeking a warrant to conduct an intelligence eavesdropping operation.
Will to interesting to see if the contents cause a big bang or a little fart.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

My expectations are low.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

As low as it should be.

Thing is, the FBI seems really anxious about it harming its reputation and being taken out of context by a material omission of facts.

Could be but it should not go unnoticed that this is the primary defense of individuals and institutions who are caught with their pants down.

"You've got the context all wrong!" is not a plea of innocence.

We should find out soon.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Sharyl Attkisson is putting it this way (taken from a tweet of hers):

"Some intel agency insiders are having to make some important calculations/decisions. Honest people want the truth told, but some worry if they make a move... that those protecting bad acts may ultimately win & *they'll* be hung out to dry. Nonetheless, they must choose their side"

Which means it's a spy-fight that's still very much in the air.

she also had this to say, and I couldn't put it better myself:

"Have you ever seen so many open-government groups and reporters argue to keep secret alleged government abuses against US citizens?"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

As far as political scandals this is probably a 10 out of 10. No dead bodies but corruption at the highest levels of government. The Democrats literally paid for a government investigation of a political opponent and got it. This is indeed KGB level activity.

I don't want to hear anything about both sides do it.

obama is in league with Joseph Stalin rather than Richard NIxon, his IRS and FBI were used for political recrimination.

People should go to jail. The FBI is compromised.

Any Democrat defending this is a threat to rule of law and Democracy itself.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

It is indeed a 10/10.

The FBI, FusionGPS (which is a journalist/agent provocateur agency), the Democratic Party and the Justice Department coordinated knowingly to first stop a political opponent and then, when that failed, to destroy a duly elected President.

...reading between the lines of the memo (and there being more to come, this being the least of it) it was knowingly. The question is, who knew what? And when?

Certainly the head of the Fusion.
Mr. and Mrs. Ohr.
Sally Yates

who else?

They are all attached to it. When and what did James Comey know? His name is all over the phony FiSA documents.

What did Rosenstein know?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:As far as political scandals this is probably a 10 out of 10. No dead bodies but corruption at the highest levels of government. The Democrats literally paid for a government investigation of a political opponent and got it. This is indeed KGB level activity.

I don't want the hear anything about both sides do it.

obama is in league with Joseph Stalin rather than Richard NIxon, his IRS and FBI were used for political recrimination.

People should go to jail. The FBI is compromised.

Any Democrat defending this is a threat to rule of law and Democracy itself.
Looks like it. Shapiro assesses the memo and concludes that if it is factual and if no information comes up that adds to or contradicts the memo and the evidence it summarizes this is very very damning.

iOj1U15ZCwk

Now what will Trump do, fire Mueller? I think that would not be smart. The democrats are hanging themselves already why stop them and let their euthanasia do its own work. Fire Mueller and stop his investigation now would only give the democrats and the MSM another excuse to frame Trump's action as obstructing of justice.
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

They used the exact same playbook they used on President Nixon.

Start by attaching a previous scandal to him.

-President Johnson's Pentagon Papers somehow becomes Richard Nixon's fault. Carter Page's 3 year old suspicious activities and old FISAs suddenly count against Trump.

-The media and the FBI start coordinating, Hoover man Mark Felt acts a a liaison to young Washington Post reporters to leak anything and everything of embarrassment to Nixon. Christopher Steele, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Sally Yates and others begin leaking and priming friendly reporters and others by leaking information which could embarrass Trump and frame him in as poor a light as possible.

The difference thus far:

-Pressure Nixon, a man with certain character deficiencies, in making mistakes and bury him with them- obstruction of justice being the attractive charge.

Obviously, they've been trying to do this last part with Trump but he has remained a step ahead thus far.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: The democrats are hanging themselves already why stop them and let their euthanasia do its own work.
Yup.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:They used the exact same playbook they used on President Nixon.

Start by attaching a previous scandal to him.

-President Johnson's Pentagon Papers somehow becomes Richard Nixon's fault. Carter Page's 3 year old suspicious activities and old FISAs suddenly count against Trump.

-The media and the FBI start coordinating, Hoover man Mark Felt acts a a liaison to young Washington Post reporters to leak anything and everything of embarrassment to Nixon. Christopher Steele, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Sally Yates and others begin leaking and priming friendly reporters and others by leaking information which could embarrass Trump and frame him in as poor a light as possible.

The difference thus far:

-Pressure Nixon, a man with certain character deficiencies, in making mistakes and bury him with them- obstruction of justice being the attractive charge.

Obviously, they've been trying to do this last part with Trump but he has remained a step ahead thus far.
Something tells me this is well worn practice. There is literally no comparison to the Republican Party. Republicans overall are decent law abiding people who just don't think about doing stuff like this. Democrats/secular left don't believe in morality and will do whatever they can get away with to achieve their goals, including corruption and criminality.

Never vote for a Democrat. They are an evil force against humanity. Always vote for a Republican. If you get a bad Republican just replace him with a better one.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What we are seeing is for the first time in history the government investigated/surveilled an opposition candidate/campaign based on no evidence/tampered evidence, possibly lying to the court to get warrants.

This is far worse than Watergate. This is Stalinist tactics.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:What we are seeing is for the first time in history the government investigated/surveilled an opposition candidate/campaign based on no evidence/tampered evidence, possibly lying to the court to get warrants.

This is far worse than Watergate. This is Stalinist tactics.
I hope they nail them to the wall on this.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I'll play the devil's advocate for a moment.

What is omitted in this memo is the fact that the rubbish Steele dossier was left out (although referred to as an existing private investigation) from the fisa warrent because... it was rubbish! Leaving it out was the right thing to do; not some sort of "lying by omission".

If the recently resigned dpty fbi director really said that there would not have been a fisa warrent without the Steele dossier.. remains to be seen. Given that also Comey publicly told that the steele dossier was unverified pulp, makes it likely that in fact this "quote" from former fbi dpty is not accurate.

So was there nothing else that was used to get the fisa warrant? Of course there was. That is the key question now. What is in the actual fisa warrant request?

If I remember correctly Paul Manafort and Carter Page are or were were already under investigation. Carter Page had three fisa warants applied to him and Manafort was known to be in shady business with Russian oligarchs. Manafort seems a genuine shady dealer, but Carter Page (I just watched some interviews with him on CNN and CBS) seems to me an innocent fool, half a retard that can easily be used and setup by anyone, like Russian oligarchs.. or the Clinton machine. But Carter Page's "role" in the Trump campaign team was close to zero. He was a nobody.

That they were dismissed from the Trump team does not answer the question why and how they got in there in the first place! Who would want those two guys in their team to begin with? That is asking for trouble. So it is an important question to know who brought/allowed those two guys into the Trump team.

From the FBIs perspective, it is a totally legitimate concern when these two shady guys become members of the Trump team, of the possible new POTUS.

What if behind this clumsy half-retard mask of Carter Page hides a real Russian spy? Somebody who felt like a looser in the US but could become a hero in Putin's Russia? He seems to me somebody who could fall for that and become easy prey for the Putin cohorts.

Manafort however was too smart for that, it seems like he was just a pragmatic shady businessman who loved making shady money with rich Russian oligarchs who's main concern is not to get caught.

Enough to ask for a fisa warrant on Page and Manafort without the Steele dossier being needed. The Steele dossier was dismissed by the FBI in the Comey version so why not take his word for it.

So unless it can be proven that the FBI and DOJ actually used the Steele dossier in order to get the fisa warrant... this whole conspiracy theory may fall flat on its face.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote: If the recently resigned dpty fbi director really said that there would not have been a fisa warrent without the Steele dossier..
I'm 90% sure that is not the quote.

What McCabe said was that there would have been no investigation sought at all without the Clinton-Steele dossier.

I'm not sure why you think the memo, which did pass through the House and several layers of lawyers , would make up that particular bit of testimony from December 2017 without creating a huge, specific fuss.

The only devil's argument I can think of is that the dossier and the basis for the investigation was "fake but true". The memo was crap but the spirit of the memo, "Russian Don", was true and that the FBI had to get to the bottom of it by bending the law a bit....for our own good!
NapLajoieonSteroids

Carter Page was investigated for Russian ties in 2013 and into 2014, as I recall it.

Nothing substantial was found at the time; but he was investigated under Title VII of FISA. That's important.

Because on October, 21st 2016, Mr.Page had a warrant put in front of the FISA courts again. But this time under Title 1- which accuses Mr.Page of being an outright foreign intelligence agent, or spy. The proof of this WAS that Clinton-Steele dossier, the very one some of these upper-cabal members had already ruled (dossier and Steele himself) unreliable and not fully vetted.

They proceeded anyway, and used major media reports as corroboration of the information. Of course, that was info planted by Steele to reporters (and who know what other agents, as we know Peter Storzk was leaking info to the guy currently at the Washington Post).

The example in the memo-- Yahoo!-- is further complicated because the gentleman who wrote it worked for, at the time, FusionGPS.

So it is not out of the question that FusionGPS, as a company policy, decided to plant it through their workers (Steele&co.) to boost their client's chances. And the FBI/DoJ was a-okay with that, and it would be truly hopeless if at least some of them didn't know.
NapLajoieonSteroids

And look into FusionGPS-- started by former Washington Post reporters, their main business outside of acting as contracted foreign correspondents to major US publications, is to fight and win propaganda wars.

Foreign gov't hire FusionGPS to create newstories and dominate a nation's media. They are literally a propaganda wing; and everyone in DC is in bed with them.

At the very least, the whole episode exposes how vulnerable the FBI is to domestic and privately funded propaganda-intelligence operations.

If they can't stop FusionGPS, how are they supposed to handle Russian and Chinese and British and Israeli and and and....intelligence agencies from making mince-meat of the nation?

Something tells me those that the cabal in charge of these things did know better and it played out almost exactly as they hoped.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:And look into FusionGPS-- started by former Washington Post reporters, their main business outside of acting as contracted foreign correspondents to major US publications, is to fight and win propaganda wars.

Foreign gov't hire FusionGPS to create newstories and dominate a nation's media. They are literally a propaganda wing; and everyone in DC is in bed with them.

At the very least, the whole episode exposes how vulnerable the FBI is to domestic and privately funded propaganda-intelligence operations.

If they can't stop FusionGPS, how are they supposed to handle Russian and Chinese and British and Israeli and and and....intelligence agencies from making mince-meat of the nation?

Something tells me those that the cabal in charge of these things did know better and it played out almost exactly as they hoped.
"All 17 of Obama Administration intelligence services confirmed that North Korea has no nuclear ICBM deliverable bombs"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Indeed I mixed up: Carter Page was central to the Steele dossier.

The McCabe quote, from the memo:
While the FISA application relied on Steele's past record of credible reporting on other unrelated matters, it ignored or concealed his anti-Trump financial and ideological motivations. Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.
But that last part, "without the Steele dossier information", could that not refer to investigations by Steele into Carter Page before he joined the Trump team and before any DNC FusionGPS got involved, or refer to those "unrelated matters" even earlier?