The End of the MSM and the Deep State. Thread 1

Simple Minded

Re: The End of the MSM and the Deep State

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:There's nothing ironic about it because it simply isn't true to begin with. Liberals are in favor of freedom of speech and thought. Banning books, book burning rallies, brainwashing children with pledges of allegiance, and trying to ban flag burning are usually the domain of the right wing.
Sounds like we are back to the eternal argument of whether Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mussolini, and Mao were left wing or right wing once again.......

So few words, so many definitions....... damn!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
I wasnt talking about the trump nonsense, nor do i really buy into the "end of the deep state" because to me its just the public service and its not going anywhere, the british comedy series "yes [prime]minister" covered the relationship between the ongoing public service and the temporary politcians as well as needs be.

my point was the internationalisation of the news and the democratisation of the news has fractured the MSM in a way that wont be undone without a massive government takeover of the internent that reduces it back to something more akin to cable tv - still fairly open but easy to step in a smash those that step outside certain boundaries.

in my country, yours, or anywhere connected, their are now ever increasing pools of people who identify as a non represented political grouping outside the boundaries of normal republican or normal democrat.

it doesnt matter if you or i think most of them are loons, the loon groups are now as large as the remaining moderate middles - a group largely formed of baby boomers thats fading away.
Yep. The MSM talking heads are increasingly acting like "empty nest" parents who have lost their sense of purpose now that the kids have grown up, moved away, and don't pay them much attention.

sucks to be a former celebrity.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:
I wasnt talking about the trump nonsense, nor do i really buy into the "end of the deep state" because to me its just the public service and its not going anywhere, the british comedy series "yes [prime]minister" covered the relationship between the ongoing public service and the temporary politcians as well as needs be.

my point was the internationalisation of the news and the democratisation of the news has fractured the MSM in a way that wont be undone without a massive government takeover of the internent that reduces it back to something more akin to cable tv - still fairly open but easy to step in a smash those that step outside certain boundaries.

in my country, yours, or anywhere connected, their are now ever increasing pools of people who identify as a non represented political grouping outside the boundaries of normal republican or normal democrat.

it doesnt matter if you or i think most of them are loons, the loon groups are now as large as the remaining moderate middles - a group largely formed of baby boomers thats fading away.
Yep. The MSM talking heads are increasingly acting like "empty nest" parents who have lost their sense of purpose now that the kids have grown up, moved away, and don't pay them much attention.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/18/cnns- ... bly-wrong/
CNN’s Chris Cillizza hadn’t even started his “Ask Me Anything” interview on Reddit Tuesday when it began to go tragically wrong.

He was supposed to start taking questions at noon, but questioners already wondered why the hell he was even doing this — and worse.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Finally "evidence" of Trump Russia "collusion"
lm.png
lm.png (232.49 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Seems like they also targeted Louise Mensch.

:shock:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Doc wrote:Finally "evidence" of Trump Russia "collusion"
lm.png

Well, this is certainly a tweet. :?
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
The attachment lm.png is no longer available

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-r ... le/2629196
The Resistance against Trump deserves better than its hapless leaders
by Becket Adams | Jul 20, 2017, 8:34 AM
Left-wing activists meanwhile have coalesced into an informal opposition group called the "Resistance," whose unofficial leaders are social media warriors, failed political consultants, and shady politicians.

It's the saddest, most ideologically inconsistent thing you've ever seen.

The Resistance says it opposes Trump because he is unethical. Yet, it reveres legislators like Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., despite her own ethics scandals.

The Resistance says it opposes Trump because he profits off the little guy. Yet, it has elevated Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., who made a killing off the subprime mortgage crisis after her husband placed 250 extremely well-timed stock transactions.

The Resistance says it stands for the oppressed and those beaten down by a justice system run amok. Yet, the Resistance has beatified Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., who once went to bat for a prosecutor who falsified a confession.

The Resistance says it rejects Trump's love of falsehoods and alternative facts. Yet, it has embraced the most embarrassing ragtag team of conspiracy theorists and fabulists this side of Alex Jones' fallout shelter.

Scroll through the Twitter timelines of such characters as former British MP Louise Mensch, supposed ex-White House aide Claude Taylor, or Huffington Post columnist Seth Abramson, and you'll find a smorgasbord of total nonsense, agitprop and weird anti-Trump fanfiction.

Meanwhile the illiberal left is now calling for a military coup:
milcoup.jpg
milcoup.jpg (174.69 KiB) Viewed 903 times
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:

spot on.

the amusing part is they asked for multi culture and now they got it and dont know what to think about it.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol that was always the achillees heel of leftist "thinking". Multiculturalism was the assumption that all the factions would submit to rich white liberals. Lol, they won't. They have their own ambitions.

Globalists also assume that a global population will submit to a ruling white left class. They won't. Every subgroup imaginable will vie for the top spot.

The Biblical right wing position is to let people have different nations to offer diversity of choice.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

spot on.

the amusing part is they asked for multi culture and now they got it and dont know what to think about it.
yep. the downside of proclaiming "hey, we're all equals!" is some will come to the conclusion that you, and/or your people are not only not equal, but less than average!

and trying to help the person who does not recognize your inherent superiority is always very challenging. even happens here at OTNOT on occasion.....

luckily my inner altruist says "keep trying to plant a few seeds......"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol the MSM is literally melting their brains out their ears.

http://www.newsweek.com/hitler-trump-ge ... ent-641392
President Donald Trump brought his bombastic politics to a Boy Scouts event Monday in West Virginia, drawing cheers from the children gathered at the event and prompting comparisons between his rousing rhetoric and Nazi youth rallies from some liberal activists and journalists
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol the MSM is literally melting their brains out their ears.

President Donald Trump brought his bombastic politics to a Boy Scouts event Monday in West Virginia, drawing cheers from the children gathered at the event and prompting comparisons between his rousing rhetoric and Nazi youth rallies from some liberal activists and journalists

Trump vaccinated the BSA against illiberal attacks on it. :D
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

raOpM1Xj3Ck
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:raOpM1Xj3Ck
:lol: that Hitler video shtick never gets old.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol the MSM is literally melting their brains out their ears.

And in the process growing their audience and their profits. :) Meanwhile, the wheels are coming off the Trump clown car and the GOP are putting the final nails in the coffin of small government conservatism. Single payer 2020, here we come!
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

:)

I don't think you know what single payer is.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote:
lm.png

Left-wing activists meanwhile have coalesced into an informal opposition group called the "Resistance," whose unofficial leaders are social media warriors, failed political consultants, and shady politicians.

The Resistance says it opposes Trump because he is unethical. Yet, it reveres legislators like Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., despite her own ethics scandals.

The Resistance says it opposes Trump because he profits off the little guy. Yet, it has elevated Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., who made a killing off the subprime mortgage crisis after her husband placed 250 extremely well-timed stock transactions.

The Resistance says it stands for the oppressed and those beaten down by a justice system run amok. Yet, the Resistance has beatified Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., who once went to bat for a prosecutor who falsified a confession.

The Resistance says it rejects Trump's love of falsehoods and alternative facts. Yet, it has embraced the most embarrassing ragtag team of conspiracy theorists and fabulists this side of Alex Jones' fallout shelter.

Scroll through the Twitter timelines of such characters as former British MP Louise Mensch, supposed ex-White House aide Claude Taylor, or Huffington Post columnist Seth Abramson, and you'll find a smorgasbord of total nonsense, agitprop and weird anti-Trump fanfiction.

milcoup.jpg
Thought you may appreciate this Guardian story:

Lurid Trump Allegations Made by Louise Mensch and Co-writer Came from Hoaxer
...Claude Taylor tweeted fake details of criminal inquiries into Trump that were invented by a source whose claim to work for the New York attorney general was not checked, according to emails seen by the Guardian. The allegations were endorsed as authentic and retweeted by his co-writer Louise Mensch.

The source’s false tips included an allegation, which has been aggressively circulated by Mensch and Taylor, that Trump’s inactive fashion model agency is under investigation by New York authorities for possible sex trafficking.

The hoaxer, who fed the information to Taylor by email, said she acted out of frustration over the “dissemination of fake news” by Taylor and Mensch. Their false stories about Trump have included a claim that he was already being replaced as president by Senator Orrin Hatch in a process kept secret from the American public.

“Taylor asked no questions to verify my identity, did no vetting whatsoever, sought no confirmation from a second source – but instead asked leading questions to support his various theories, asking me to verify them,” the source said in an email....

The bogus source first contacted Taylor by email on 20 July with an email titled “NYAG investigation”. Earlier that day, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough had quoted approvingly from an online post by Taylor, describing it as “one of the best tweets of the past month”.

Claiming to be “a fan” of Taylor’s writing who worked in Schneiderman’s organized crime task force (OCTF), the hoaxer told him his reporting on Trump had been “right on the money”. Taylor replied within two hours, pressing her for usable information about “tangible results like indictments”. He asked: “Are there sealed indictments from grand juries that Schneiderman has convened?”

Later that day, the hoaxer replied that Trump associates were indeed facing prosecution on state charges in New York. “I am aware of at least one preliminary sealed indictment in that case targeting multiple Trump Org principals,” she wrote.

Taylor posted a lightly edited version of this to Twitter two days later. He quoted a “NYAG Schneiderman source” as having told him: “I am aware of at least one sealed indictment targeting multiple Trump Organization Principals”. The post was retweeted by Mensch. In all it was retweeted and liked 8,800 times.
Please read the full thing there.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Louise is a Mensch in surname only.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

With the end of the Deep State and MSM America will return to being a country interested in freedom, prosperity, and the fostering of the traditional nuclear family. A new golden age is upon us. I thank God for Donald Trump.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The NYT can never ever be trusted, ever again.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/08/30/ ... rts-530925
The New York Times has corrected five stories on President Donald Trump’s response to the Charlottesville protests, admitting in each report to misquoting what the president said in the aftermath of the violence.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:The NYT can never ever be trusted, ever again.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/08/30/ ... rts-530925
The New York Times has corrected five stories on President Donald Trump’s response to the Charlottesville protests, admitting in each report to misquoting what the president said in the aftermath of the violence.
it's a good sample of what they choose to hear
NapLajoieonSteroids

Typhoon wrote:Louise is a Mensch in surname only.
Hah, :D

Maybe it's like the game Clue: The President will be impeached by Louise Mensch from his office with a Russian bride.

\\\\\

The lady is a real strange bird; moreover, a small one. I understand it best to ignore her and let her deal with whatever issues she needs to attend to personally [the country won't collapse on the ravings of Ms. Mensch].

But scores and scores of ostensibly sensible people have: socialized with her, schooled her, married her, given her jobs with a very public face, elected her to the backbench of parliament.

...leads me to believe I'm taking crazy pills. :?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Poor poor left wing blubber bots. Blubber blubber blubber

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4361323/a ... -facebook/
Times Higher Education asked the boffins about the "biggest threat to mankind".

The experts who responded are known as laureates and represent one-quarter of the living Nobel prize winners in chemistry, physics, physiology, medicine and economics - making them arguably some of the cleverest people in the world.

Just over a third (34 percent) said population rise or environmental degradation represented the gravest apocalypse risk.

In second place was nuclear war, followed by infectious disease and drug resistant bugs.

Artificial intelligence was also highlighted as a risk, as well as selfishness, inequality, terrorism and even Donald Trump.

Facebook and drugs were also named as threats, coming in at joint 10th place after both being identified by one respondent.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
lm.png

milcoup.jpg
Thought you may appreciate this Guardian story:

Lurid Trump Allegations Made by Louise Mensch and Co-writer Came from Hoaxer
...Claude Taylor tweeted fake details of criminal inquiries into Trump that were invented by a source whose claim to work for the New York attorney general was not checked, according to emails seen by the Guardian. The allegations were endorsed as authentic and retweeted by his co-writer Louise Mensch.

The source’s false tips included an allegation, which has been aggressively circulated by Mensch and Taylor, that Trump’s inactive fashion model agency is under investigation by New York authorities for possible sex trafficking.

The hoaxer, who fed the information to Taylor by email, said she acted out of frustration over the “dissemination of fake news” by Taylor and Mensch. Their false stories about Trump have included a claim that he was already being replaced as president by Senator Orrin Hatch in a process kept secret from the American public.

“Taylor asked no questions to verify my identity, did no vetting whatsoever, sought no confirmation from a second source – but instead asked leading questions to support his various theories, asking me to verify them,” the source said in an email....

The bogus source first contacted Taylor by email on 20 July with an email titled “NYAG investigation”. Earlier that day, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough had quoted approvingly from an online post by Taylor, describing it as “one of the best tweets of the past month”.

Claiming to be “a fan” of Taylor’s writing who worked in Schneiderman’s organized crime task force (OCTF), the hoaxer told him his reporting on Trump had been “right on the money”. Taylor replied within two hours, pressing her for usable information about “tangible results like indictments”. He asked: “Are there sealed indictments from grand juries that Schneiderman has convened?”

Later that day, the hoaxer replied that Trump associates were indeed facing prosecution on state charges in New York. “I am aware of at least one preliminary sealed indictment in that case targeting multiple Trump Org principals,” she wrote.

Taylor posted a lightly edited version of this to Twitter two days later. He quoted a “NYAG Schneiderman source” as having told him: “I am aware of at least one sealed indictment targeting multiple Trump Organization Principals”. The post was retweeted by Mensch. In all it was retweeted and liked 8,800 times.
Please read the full thing there.
Yeah that is about par for the course

Judicial Watch's Tom Fitton on FBI cover up of Comey Clinton Collusion

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OwxWoMovbpxQ
Doc

Post by Doc »

After the recent foibles of the Republican congressional leadership this info from Wikileaks is worth revisiting

https://conservativedailypost.com/6-rep ... wiki-leak/
6 Republicans May Have Taken Payments From Clinton Team To Damage Trump (New Wiki Leak)

Posted by Michael Cole | Dec 13, 2016 | Liberal Corruption
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

CNN brain melt.

ZrXNDbZF-jw