US Foreign Policy | Past and Present

Heracleum Persicum

3rd Israel Lebanon war

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Looks like , all that talk of North Korea etc, just "distraction" of what really soon could happen.

The drums are beating for a third Lebanon war
Israel knows defeating Hezbollah will not be simple

That is why F-35 sent to Israel and why Mattis in Israel.

Putin knows .. question is, where Russia will stand when clash comes.

A non conclusive outcome could be catastrophic for Israel

Heracleum Persicum

The coming US-Russia clash

Patrick Buchanan
U.S. needs now to delineate the lines of advance for Syria’s Kurds, and to
talk to the Russians, Syrians and Iranians.

“Repeated combat actions by U.S. aviation under the cover of counterterrorism against lawful armed forces of a country that is a member of the U.N. are a massive violation of international law and de facto a military aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic.”

We are getting ever deeper into this six-year sectarian and civil war. And what we may be witnessing now are the opening shots of its next phase — the battle for control of the territory and population liberated by the fall of Raqqa and the death of the ISIS “caliphate.”

But if America has decided to use its air power to shoot down Syrian planes attacking rebels we support, this could lead to a confrontation with Russia and a broader, more dangerous, and deadly war for the United States.

Is this where we are headed? Is this where we want to go ?

The question before us : After Raqqa and Mosul fall and the caliphate disappears, who inherits the ISIS estate ?

The U.S. needs now to delineate the lines of advance for Syria’s Kurds, and to talk to the Russians, Syrians and Iranians.

We cannot allow our friends in the Middle East and Persian Gulf to play our hand for us, for it is all too often in their interests to have us come fight their wars, which are not necessarily our wars.

Zack Morris

Re: The coming US-Russia clash

Post by Zack Morris »

Trump is smarter than the generals and is the greatest deal maker alive! He'll sort this out with a tremendous deal and will proudly own it :)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Meanwhile Obama refused to arm the Kurds because his pals in Turkey and Iran wouldn't like it.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:Meanwhile Obama refused to arm the Kurds because his pals in Turkey and Iran wouldn't like it.

Seems the "eggheads" have not learned from history that "arming" this and that at the end "Boomerangs" .. CIA has armed so many groups leading to disaster for the west.

Zbigniew Brzezinski armed the criminals in Afghanistan, USSR no more , but, now new Russia much more potent .. and .. West now fighting a losing battle with Salafi criminals.

Many (Sunni) Kurds now have become "Salafi" , closing rank with Al Qaida .. those terrorists attacking Tehran Parliament were "Salafi Kurds".

America, CIA , does not understand Middle East .. should declare victory and leave .. people of ME have for 1000s of yrs sorted it out themselves.

Iran will dominate ? ? ? so what ? ? .. Iran dominated that space, from Uyghur to Nile , uninterrupted, for 1000 yrs, that 1000s yrs was the
Golden age of that space.

Pack and leave

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doesn't make sense. Putin's choice for POTUS won the election.....

It was covered in the NYT.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:Meanwhile Obama refused to arm the Kurds because his pals in Turkey and Iran wouldn't like it.
Umm, it was Trump's team that was actually bribed by Turkey to oppose an Obama administration plan to back Kurdish rebels in an advance on Raqqa.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Simple Minded wrote:Doesn't make sense. Putin's choice for POTUS won the election.....

The nation suspects you've colluded with the Russians to disrupt the election and now there's a special counsel appointed to look into whether you've obstructed justice in trying to shut the investigation down. Quick: what do you do?

You've got to think at least one step ahead, Simple Minded. Even Trump knows that much.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Umm, it was Trump's team that was actually bribed by Turkey to oppose an Obama administration plan to back Kurdish rebels in an advance on Raqqa.
Actual Evidence? Or short of that some vague link to a fake news site that claims that?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Doesn't make sense. Putin's choice for POTUS won the election.....

The nation suspects you've colluded with the Russians to disrupt the election and now there's a special counsel appointed to look into whether you've obstructed justice in trying to shut the investigation down. Quick: what do you do?
Well if you are Hillary Clinton and you lose an election through gross incompetence as a candidate then you claim Russian interference and work to start WWIII with Russia.
You've got to think at least one step ahead, Simple Minded. Even Trump knows that much.
Zack are you feeling ok?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:The nation suspects you've colluded with the Russians to disrupt the election
No.
and now there's a special counsel appointed to look into whether you've obstructed justice in trying to shut the investigation down.
And there wasn't.
Quick: what do you do?
What Trump has done.
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:

:lol: Thank you Father! Forgive me for I have sinned. Last week I got on the internet.....

Hilary tells the NYT to tell the rubes the Ruskies stole the election. Wait, aren't the Ruskies and you guys both leftists?

That's the cool part about religious dogma, when Jesus doesn't show up at the mall Tuesday morning at 10 am.like you've been telling your congregation for years, or at age 6 you see your parents wrapping your presents on Christmas Eve........ what do you do?

Revise the dogma! :P The Ruskies kidnapped Jesus! No honey, we're just helping Santa cause one of the reindeer got sick!

Did you come up with this on your own, or read about it in the NYT sacred gospel?

Gotta love the true believers. Feelings and group identity. Easiest tactics to herd the unthinking mob of adolescents.

Stay away from the church that does not preach both global warming and the coming ice age. That's not an inclusive church. it won't last more than a couple decades.

Me, I'm sticking with Reptilians running everything. I like consistency! And I like their non-partisan open mindedness. :P
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:

Well if you are Hillary Clinton and you lose an election through gross incompetence as a candidate then you claim Russian interference and work to start WWIII with Russia.
Zack are you feeling ok?
Doc,

Leave Zack alone, the Russians, or maybe the NYT made him write that post!
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Trump loses!

Who is
Mohammed bin Salman ?
:lol:

Folks, "Greater Persia" taking shape sooner than I thought :D

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Who is
Mohammed bin Salman ?

HP,

I hope you are right. It would be nice to see the crazies lose influence everywhere.

You sound very confident. Just curious, are you confident enough that you have already moved back to Greater Persia?

Or is this an observation from a remote mountain top in the West?

I have friends who preach the dangers of Global Warming and rising oceans, yet never sell their beachfront property. Odd.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
So it reads like another one of these cases where the FBI agents got bored watching Jim Bob and Bob Jim and James Bob James go in circles and decided to mess with them.

It's really hard to pay attention to something that largely begins and ends between the ears of a writer's fervid imagination.
Like Nonc said, feelings and group identity.

When one earns a paycheck protecting the world from say racists, sexists, or terrorists, in the interests of making one's mortgage or boat payments, it is wise to devote a healthy portion of one's efforts to also creating racists, sexists, and terrorists.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:

Who is
Mohammed bin Salman ?

HP,

I hope you are right. It would be nice to see the crazies lose influence everywhere.

You sound very confident. Just curious, are you confident enough that you have already moved back to Greater Persia?

I have friends who preach the dangers of Global Warming and rising oceans, yet never sell their beachfront property. Odd.
I wonder if 4 $ bill ever sold his beachfront property.

I offered him AUD $4 for it, given that it was going to be imminently flooded, but he never took me up on it.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:

Who is
Mohammed bin Salman ?

HP,

Or is this an observation from a remote mountain top in the West ?

Haadj Ghassem building "Greater Persia" Brick by Brick, no need to meddle ..

Robert McNamara meets General Vo Nyuyen Giap :lol:

0X1YY49rPtg

Simple Minded wrote:

Probably never lived @ a "beach front property", otherwise would not say this

Life not about money, life about enjoying your days .. would you not have a Vodka-Tonic because it might be bad for your health ?

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

Who is
Mohammed bin Salman ?

HP,

I offered him AUD $4 for it, given that it was going to be imminently flooded, but he never took me up on it.
Based on HP's evasion of straight forward questions, I got 50,000 yen that says he still lives in the West is spite of imminent decline of the West, and the imminent Golden Age of the Middle East. Kinda like my friends who immigrated from Canada, the UK, and France, been here for 10-30 years, been telling me how their culture is superior for the same length of time. When asked "So, if that is true, when are you moving back?" They get quiet.

Once "they" move here, "we" f**k em up pretty fast. After a while, ya can't tell us apart.
Heracleum Persicum

True

And you were wondering why our beloved America became within 2 generation from most loved to most hated nation

Question is why all this .. WHY ?

Who did it to America, Doc, MP, SM ? ?

Sad, really sad

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

Who is
Mohammed bin Salman ?

HP,

Based on HP's evasion of straight forward questions, I got 50,000 yen that says he still lives in the West is spite of imminent decline of the West, and the imminent Golden Age of the Middle East. Kinda like my friends who immigrated from Canada, the UK, and France, been here for 10-30 years, been telling me how their culture is superior for the same length of time. When asked "So, if that is true, when are you moving back?" They get quiet.

Once "they" move here, "we" f**k em up pretty fast. After a while, ya can't tell us apart.
While living in the US Midwest, I had colleagues from Brazil.

Found it amusing and bemusing that they were not able to find anything positive to say about the US, especially given that it was the US govt that was picking up the tab for their stay.

Being the cream of the Brazilian intelligentsia, they were all ardent supporters of the leftist Lula whose turn in power* proved to be a bit different from their expectations.

*More accurately, turn at the trough.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: US Foreign Policy | Past and Present

Post by Typhoon »

For all your geopolitical needs.

For example, all posts related to the Great Satan vs Greater Whateverstan go here.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

True

And you were wondering why our beloved America became within 2 generation from most loved to most hated nation

Question is why all this .. WHY ?

Who did it to America, Doc, MP, SM ? ?

Sad, really sad
Always said, obama was a HUGE mistake.
Censorship isn't necessary