A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Typhoon

Re: A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Post by Typhoon »

There's nothing I enjoy more than listening to a highly trained intelligence leapfrogging common sense and coming to the wrong conclusions.
It gives me renewed faith in parliamentary democracy.

~ Tom Sharpe, Wilt on High, 1984
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Anyways, time to return to the topic.

Sordid tales of conduct unbecoming in Hollywood and elsewhere.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The Roy Moore Time Bomb

Don't understand where GOP gets all these weirdos, perverts from :lol:

. . while national Republicans are cutting themselves off from Moore, Alabama Evangelicals are either doubling down on him or don’t care — 71 percent in all. Sen. Pat Toomey today repudiated Moore, saying that we will likely never know for sure what happened between Moore and 14-year-old Leigh Corfman, but her accusations of sexual assault are more plausible than Moore’s denials of same — especially given that Moore conceded the other day that earlier in his life, he had a thing for much younger women. I think Toomey is right, and as a conservative Christian, I think it is important to stand up for this woman.

Moore doubling down :
“We can be proud of where we came from and where we’re going if we go back to God,” Moore said at his second public event since The Post reported the allegations of misconduct last week.

“If we go back to God, we can be unified again,” he said.

A real disaster

Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11 ... ok-forged/
Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

The “forged,” signature also ends with “D.A.”

There’s one problem…

Moore was a Deputy District Attorney (DDA) at this time.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

The Roy Moore Time Bomb

Don't understand where GOP gets all these weirdos, perverts from :lol: .
I feel like I need to apologize Azari, I forget how lo information your lifestyle is, and I feel like I need to do a better job of having you avoid these landmines of low information.

Democrats tried to put a rapist family in the WH for 16 years. Even NUT finally admitting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opin ... inton.html
we should look clearly at the credible evidence that Juanita Broaddrick told the truth when she accused Clinton of raping her. But revisiting the Clinton scandals in light of today’s politics is complicated as well as painful. Democrats are guilty of apologizing for Clinton when they shouldn’t have
Roy Moore story barely a week old, Bill Clinton elected Democrat his whole life while raping and assaulting anyone he could get his hands on while Hillary defended him.

A true Monster.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Azari, this is your legacy. This is your party.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

With all this talk of "under age" and "of age", wondered how the US median age of marriage has changed in the US over the years.

US Census | Median age at first marriage: 1890 to present

For women the earliest median age is 20 yrs.

Interesting how the median age has been steadily rising, in sync for men and women, after hitting a low just before 1960.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:With all this talk of "under age" and "of age", wondered how the US median age of marriage has changed in the US over the years.

US Census | Median age at first marriage: 1890 to present

For women the earliest median age is 20 yrs.

Interesting how the median age has been steadily rising, in sync for men and women, after hitting a low just before 1960.
Not at all hard to understand. So many more options available to all. Including of course the options for all not to marry. And the newly social acceptability of co-habitation without marriage.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Drawing a moral equivalence between Trump and every other President and justifying inaction and stasis on the basis that no one is perfect essentially transforms your commentary into meaningless white noise. You should really think about that.
OH DEAR

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/o ... inton.html
I Believe Juanita

By Michelle Goldberg
Nov. 13, 2017

On Friday evening the MSNBC host Chris Hayes sent out a tweet that electrified online conservatives: “As gross and cynical and hypocritical as the right’s ‘what about Bill Clinton’ stuff is, it’s also true that Democrats and the center left are overdue for a real reckoning with the allegations against him.” Hayes’s tweet inspired stories on Glenn Beck’s The Blaze, Breitbart and The Daily Caller, all apparently eager to use the Clinton scandals to derail discussions about Roy Moore, the Republican nominee for the United States Senate in Alabama who is accused of sexually assaulting minors.

Yet despite the right’s evident bad faith, I agree with Hayes. In this #MeToo moment, when we’re reassessing decades of male misbehavior and turning open secrets into exposes, we should look clearly at the credible evidence that Juanita Broaddrick told the truth when she accused Clinton of raping her. But revisiting the Clinton scandals in light of today’s politics is complicated as well as painful. Democrats are guilty of apologizing for Clinton when they shouldn’t have. At the same time, looking back at the smear campaign against the Clintons shows we can’t treat the feminist injunction to “believe women” as absolute.

Writing at Crooked.com, Brian Beutler warns that in future elections, right-wing propaganda will exploit the progressive commitment to always taking sexual abuse charges seriously. It’s easy to imagine an outlet like Breitbart leveraging the “believe women” rallying cry to force mainstream media coverage of dubious accusations.

The Clinton years, in which epistemological warfare emerged as a key part of the Republican political arsenal, show us why we should be wary of allegations that bubble up from the right-wing press. At the time, the reactionary billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife was bankrolling the Arkansas Project, which David Brock, the former right-wing journalist who played a major role in it, described as a “multimillion-dollar dirty tricks operation against the Clintons.” Various figures in conservative media accused Bill Clinton of murder, drug-running and using state troopers as pimps. Brock alleges that right-wing figures funneled money to some of Clinton’s accusers.
Do note that It took the left 30 years to recognize that Bill Clinton sexually abused women. And that David Brock now runs one of the Democrats propaganda outlets, Media Matters.

Zack on the other hand is 30 years and a day late.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

It’s Not Just Mike Pence.
Americans Are Wary of Being Alone With the Opposite Sex.

Many men and women are wary of a range of one-on-one situations, the poll found. Around a quarter think private work meetings with colleagues of the opposite sex are inappropriate. Nearly two-thirds say people should take extra caution around members of the opposite sex at work. A majority of women, and nearly half of men, say it’s unacceptable to have dinner or drinks alone with someone of the opposite sex other than their spouse.

Must read

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Dirty old Joe.

HDnsl1jr6FE
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Many men and women are wary of a range of one-on-one situations, the poll found. Around a quarter think private work meetings with colleagues of the opposite sex are inappropriate. Nearly two-thirds say people should take extra caution around members of the opposite sex at work. A majority of women, and nearly half of men, say it’s unacceptable to have dinner or drinks alone with someone of the opposite sex other than their spouse.

Must read

#notme.

I frequently have sex when I'm alone.......

Everyone should embrace Marxism..... even if it is racist.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Damn, Azari. This is the first time in memory that you made this mod laugh.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Must read

Glad I'm not dating today back in the USA.

If even half of the stuff I read it true, then it could be a minefield.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Al Frankenstein

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

Heracleum Persicum

‘What About Bill?’
Sexual Misconduct Debate Revives Questions About Clinton

“I feel like people are starting to believe and realize that I was truly sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton,” Juanita Broaddrick said on Fox News nearly two decades after first going public with her story. “All victims matter. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Democrat or a Republican. Who cares if you’re straight or you’re gay, or if you believe in God or not. We all have a right to be believed.”

The cultural conversation about women, power and sexual misconduct that has consumed the United States in recent weeks has now raised a question that is eagerly promoted by those on the political right just as it discomfits those on the political left: What about Bill? While Fox News and other conservative outlets revive years-old charges against Mr. Clinton to accuse Mr. Moore’s critics of hypocrisy, some liberals say it may be time to rethink their defense of the 42nd president.

Matthew Yglesias, a liberal blogger who once worked at the Center for American Progress, a pillar of the Clinton political world, wrote on Vox.com on Wednesday that “I think we got it wrong” by defending Mr. Clinton in the 1990s and that he should have resigned. Chris Hayes, the liberal MSNBC host, said on Twitter that “Democrats and the center left are overdue for a real reckoning with the allegations against him.”

Caitlin Flanagan, a social critic who calls herself a “lifelong Democrat, an enemy of machine feminism and a sexual assault survivor,” wrote on The Atlantic’s website that “the Democratic Party needs to make its own reckoning of the way it protected Bill Clinton.” Michelle Goldberg wrote a New York Times column headlined, “I Believe Juanita.” David Rothkopf, a former Clinton administration official, said Monica S. Lewinsky “deserves an apology from many of us she has never received.”

Doc, you have the mike :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

There was an old saying in the MSM Repubicans have money scandals and Democrats have woman scandals. MSM taking head used to laugh a lot about that one.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

These days it seems US folks will do anything to avoid an intelligent, nuanced discussion of anything important. Esp. about sex.

We have a severe problem maintaining cultural sexual boundries and a complete lack of positive role models.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:There was an old saying in the MSM Repubicans have money scandal and Democrats have woman scandals. MSM taking head used to laugh a lot about that one.
But nowadays, thanks to the miracle of internet communications, and bi-partisan co-operation......
Doc

Post by Doc »

I heard that the TV program "Hollywood tonight" is changing its name to "Puritan Hollywood Tonight"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:There was an old saying in the MSM Repubicans have money scandal and Democrats have woman scandals. MSM taking head used to laugh a lot about that one.
But nowadays, thanks to the miracle of internet communications, and bi-partisan co-operation......
Bi Partisan co-operation is great. Just today I heard that congress set up a fund to pay "alledgers" of its membership compensation for being sexual abused in whatever way. So far the fund has paid out $16 million dollars. Your tax dollars at work.... Of course the "alledgers' have to sign a non-disclosure agreement to get their money. Even better in the name of bi-partisan co-operation Tax dollars are used to legally defend members of congress from such allegations.
Last edited by Doc on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Looks like some state senates will be in need of same.

Cleveland Metro | "Pro-Family", Anti-LGBT Ohio legislator Wes Goodman led secret gay life, made unwelcome advances to younger men.

The more vocal the homophobe, the deeper the closet.

Roy Cohn, Joseph McCarthy's sniffer poodle comes to mind.
noddy

Post by noddy »

apparently Bruce Jennar has been molesting Caitlyn Jennar for years.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:These days it seems US folks will do anything to avoid an intelligent, nuanced discussion of anything important. Esp. about sex.
Why is this the situation today?