A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Orthodox Jew AND feminist??.......
I eventually left the business when I was 19 to pursue a doctorate in neuroscience at the University of California, Los Angeles. I craved being around people who valued me more for what was inside my brain than what was inside my bra. After 12 years away from Hollywood, I returned to acting, largely because I had no health insurance and missed performing and making people laugh.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/opin ... stein.html

What's the worst thing she's done? Presumably, asking women to take responsibility for themselves........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

My impression is the one can stereotype people into two groups:

The first is those that cannot deal with the reality that society is not how they imagine it should be

The second is those that see society for what it is, with all its imperfections, and deal with it.

Bialik's critics are of the first of the two.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

In all fairness there is some complexity here. Some of these women are 100% victims (Angie Everheart) some are complicit and part of the problem (G Paltrow and J Lawrence) almost of equal blame.

This is the soul of Democrat Liberalism. Morals of Satan.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:My impression is the one can stereotype people into two groups:

The first is those that cannot deal with the reality that society is not how they imagine it should be

The second is those that see society for what it is, with all its imperfections, and deal with it.
Excellent summary of the idealists and pragmatist stereotypes.... or maybe more simply put, talkers vs. doers.

How to get "them" to conform to the voices inside "my" head is the issue at the heart of activism.

Similar situation exists in the NFL protests, those making 20X mean wage could easily give away 50% of their net income to fight the inequalities of life in the US and still live like kings. Those making 100X mean wage could easily give away 90% of their net income to fight the inequalities of life in the US and still live like kings.

I wonder how many of them do?

Personal responsibility and individual action vs. the common good and group identity proselytizing. Talk, truly is cheap.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:My impression is the one can stereotype people into two groups:

Excellent summary of the idealists and pragmatist stereotypes.... or maybe more simply put, talkers vs. doers.

How to get "them" to conform to the voices inside "my" head is the issue at the heart of activism.

Similar situation exists in the NFL protests, those making 20X mean wage could easily give away 50% of their net income to fight the inequalities of life in the US and still live like kings. Those making 100X mean wage could easily give away 90% of their net income to fight the inequalities of life in the US and still live like kings.

I wonder how many of them do?

Personal responsibility and individual action vs. the common good and group identity proselytizing. Talk, truly is cheap.
Actually talk can be quite expensive.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm ... eZg#imgrc=_
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 14826.html
Corey Feldman calls marijuana arrest days after making Hollywood child sexual abuse allegations a 'shakedown'
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Orthodox Jew AND feminist??.......
I eventually left the business when I was 19 to pursue a doctorate in neuroscience at the University of California, Los Angeles. I craved being around people who valued me more for what was inside my brain than what was inside my bra. After 12 years away from Hollywood, I returned to acting, largely because I had no health insurance and missed performing and making people laugh.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/opin ... stein.html

What's the worst thing she's done? Presumably, asking women to take responsibility for themselves........
One comedian's take on the issue:
women_are_so_easy_to_understand_640_16.jpg
women_are_so_easy_to_understand_640_16.jpg (65.7 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Doing things because they mean things is less confusing than doing stuff just to do stuff......XD........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Doing things because they mean things is less confusing than doing stuff just to do stuff......XD........
What bout interpreting things people do (or post on the internet) cause you think their actions or posts might have meaning?

That has to be some form of oppression or predjudice or something-ism....

Cultural interpretation.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Doing things because they mean things is less confusing than doing stuff just to do stuff......XD........
What bout interpreting things people do (or post on the internet) cause you think their actions or posts might have meaning?

Cultural interpretation.
I believe "Cultural interpretation appropriation" is the term you are looking for. :lol:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

Cultural interpretation.
I believe "Cultural interpretation appropriation" is the term you are looking for. :lol:
Thanks doc.

Sometimes words ain't my strong suit and they fail me.... stupid words. :evil:
Doc

Post by Doc »

This would seem to dovetail nicely with Cultural Interpretation Appropriation. Call it F*ckbllity Interpretation Appropriation.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/10/b ... ack-women/
BuzzFeed Feminist Scolds Harvey Weinstein for Not Assaulting More Black Women
October 24, 2017
In an industry as white as Hollywood, the racially problematic “attraction question” is part of what reduces the shelf life of black actresses as a matter of course, causing many of them to get half as far in twice the time it takes their white counterparts. To be deemed “f*ckable” is not the honor a certain kind of man (and woman) believes it to be, but the ideas of f*ckability are entrenched, and they serve to exclude black women very early on in the conversation — while dooming the women who do go on to get the roles to gross sexual harassment or assault
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:This would seem to dovetail nicely with Cultural Interpretation Appropriation. Call it F*ckbllity Interpretation Appropriation.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/10/b ... ack-women/
BuzzFeed Feminist Scolds Harvey Weinstein for Not Assaulting More Black Women
October 24, 2017
In an industry as white as Hollywood, the racially problematic “attraction question” is part of what reduces the shelf life of black actresses as a matter of course, causing many of them to get half as far in twice the time it takes their white counterparts. To be deemed “f*ckable” is not the honor a certain kind of man (and woman) believes it to be, but the ideas of f*ckability are entrenched, and they serve to exclude black women very early on in the conversation — while dooming the women who do go on to get the roles to gross sexual harassment or assault

See... I knew CIA was a real phenomena.

The sub-story here is not only was Bill Clinton our first black president, he was our first racist black president.

Or, maybe black actresses in Hollywood have higher moral standards than white actresses, therefore, they are cast in fewer roles and paid less?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

New Yorker | Harvey Weinstein's Army of Spies
The film executive hired private investigators, including ex-Mossad agents, to track actresses and journalists.
noddy

Post by noddy »

spacey has certainly dominated the press - never has someone gone from 100-0 in such a quick amount of time, im waiting for his mum to write scathing articles on him next.

weinstein must be happy to lose the spotlight.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The conspiracy theorist in me says that there was financial incentive for everyone to notice all the bad behavior of everyone else just as the most connected megamillionaire in Hollywood was feeling the heat.

It's coming back around though, now that prosecutors are looking to make a name for themselves.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i must say the epstein stuff is the most juicy - that includes a far wider range of bigwigs than just hollywood predators.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:spacey has certainly dominated the press - never has someone gone from 100-0 in such a quick amount of time, im waiting for his mum to write scathing articles on him next.

weinstein must be happy to lose the spotlight.
that's the beauty and tragedy of America, despite one's best efforts, in a competitive market, your time in the number one position is always limited......
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

You are right about Epstein- Kevin Spacey was known for a long, long time. Low hanging fruit on the tree.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:i must say the epstein stuff is the most juicy - that includes a far wider range of bigwigs than just hollywood predators.
I'm having trouble keeping track. Are you referring to Jeffrey Epstein of "Lolita Express" infamy?
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:i must say the epstein stuff is the most juicy - that includes a far wider range of bigwigs than just hollywood predators.
I'm having trouble keeping track. Are you referring to Jeffrey Epstein of "Lolita Express" infamy?
yah - im not really across it all but did soil my eyeballs on some of the gossip sites and forums to catch up on the public perception of this nonsense.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/ ... sland.html
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This one is particularly gratifying. When Those Who Lecture get exposed exposing themselves in the name of muh feminism.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts ... nduct.html
The stories told by the women raise sharp questions about the anecdotes that Louis C.K. tells in his own comedy. He rose to fame in part by appearing to be candid about his flaws and sexual hang-ups, discussing and miming masturbation extensively in his act — an exaggerated riff that some of the women feel may have served as a cover for real misconduct. He has all but invited comparison between his private life and his onscreen work, too: In “I Love You, Daddy,” which is scheduled to be released next week, a character pretends to masturbate at length in front of other people, and other characters appear to dismiss rumors of sexual predation.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Hey, how come it's only the "Fake News" liberal media making these scoops? Why haven't Faux News or Breitfart -- the latter whose namesake made it his personal quest to bring down the Hollywood liberal elite -- reported on these "open secrets"? Louis CK masturbating is pretty gross but it's nothing compared to that other big scoop of the day: that a Republican candidate for Senate is an honest-to-god pedophile who preyed on underage girls.

So thankful for the honest and relevant reporting of the NYT and WaPo. National treasures. What would we do without them?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Hey, how come it's only the "Fake News" liberal media making these scoops? Why haven't Faux News or Breitfart -- the latter whose namesake made it his personal quest to bring down the Hollywood liberal elite -- reported on these "open secrets"? Louis CK masturbating is pretty gross but it's nothing compared to that other big scoop of the day: that a Republican candidate for Senate is an honest-to-god pedophile who preyed on underage girls.

So thankful for the honest and relevant reporting of the NYT and WaPo. National treasures. What would we do without them?
The fake news media buried these stories for over a decade. Maybe two decades. Now, they are in damage control.

Your narrative writing ability is worse than it was before.