Media Bias

Mr. Perfect

Re: Media Bias

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's very clear what I'm waiting for. What are your thoughts. Would also love to hear from Simple Minded.
Mr. Perfect wrote:I know there are some over the years who have poo poo'd the idea of media bias in US politics, but what about now. Is there anyone here who can deny that all the journalism outlets are in the tank for Democrats? I would like everyone to chime in.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's very clear what I'm waiting for. What are your thoughts. Would also love to hear from Simple Minded.
Mr. Perfect wrote:I know there are some over the years who have poo poo'd the idea of media bias in US politics, but what about now. Is there anyone here who can deny that all the journalism outlets are in the tank for Democrats? I would like everyone to chime in.
If you have bothered to read my posts, then you should be aware of my views.

If you want to play your pigeonholing game with strawman positions then

P5y6C-v5-j0
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I have read your posts very carefully for a very long time my friend. They are full of "demopublican" and "both sides do it". This is a very untenable position these days. As such, I would rather not make assumptions about your views but allow you to explain them in full. And others. Simple Minded especially.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I have read your posts very carefully for a very long time my friend. They are full of "demopublican" and "both sides do it". This is a very untenable position these days. As such, I would rather not make assumptions about your views but allow you to explain them in full. And others. Simple Minded especially.
Well, the US Senate took a break from the usual posturing and petty point scoring to agree to spend more money like a drunken sailor on shore leave in Singapore.

Reason | Senate Reaches Bipartisan Deal to Keep the Government Open By Spending More Money On Everything
Republican leadership in Congress spent the better part of the Obama years warning that mounting debt posed a dire threat to the nation's future. But now, with control of both chambers of Congress and the White House, it looks likely that the GOP's two most signifcant legislative achievements will be a tax reform law that raises the deficit by $1.5 trillion and a spending deal that increases the federal tab by hundreds of billions more.
The terms Demopublicans and Republicrats comes to mind ;)

As for MSM bias, another issue, sure.
The MSM are continuing to have a meltdown over Trump and have abandoned even the pretense of objectivity, notably the NYT and the WP.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yes, and one wonders, did these biases materialize from nothing when Trump was elected?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I have read your posts very carefully for a very long time my friend. They are full of "demopublican" and "both sides do it". This is a very untenable position these days. As such, I would rather not make assumptions about your views but allow you to explain them in full. And others. Simple Minded especially.
Heeeeeeerrrrrreeeeeee'sssssss Johnny! :P

Sorry to keep you waiting Mr. Tri-Perfect. ;)

I have to agree with you here, IMSMO, the MSM has been significantly pro-Democrat since the days they viewed, presented, and promoted Jimuh Carter as our first (?) Messiah. Maybe Carter wasn't the first Messiah endorsed by the MSM, but prior to his stint as POTUS, I was too young to care much. As a result, I have not watched hardly any MSM propaganda (Nonc is right) on TV since the mid 1990's. No credibility, why watch?

IIRC,
- Ronald Raygun was gonna blow up the planet.
- Bill&HillClinton were the next Gemini Messiahs.
- G.W Bush was the virus that spawned their derangement disease.
- Obama was a diety fallen to Earth, just in the nick of time. I'd love to see magazine cover data compiled on him during the campaign and two terms. His other gift was to cause Bush derangement syndromes to go mildly dormant.
- Trump, our first Tri-President (just ask those experts who, during his early campaign predicted he could never win the republican primary because he was neither a Republican nor a conservative) sparked a mutated, even more rabid form of derangement syndrome.

taa daa!
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We live in an era of wall to wall near soviet/nazi propaganda. This is a dangerous time.

i475yscpfNA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Numeracy counts in all amounts.

Reason | Don’t Feed the Russian Troll Hysteria
The indictment says the IRA spent "thousands of U.S. dollars every month" on social media ads. That's roughly one-millionth of the ad revenue that Facebook alone receives each month.

According to Facebook, ads bought by the IRA, most of which weighed in on contentious social issues rather than endorsing or opposing candidates, represented "four-thousandths of one percent (0.004%) of content in News Feed."

Twitter Acting General Counsel Sean Edgett testified in October that "the 1.4 million election-related Tweets that we identified through our retrospective review as generated by Russian-linked, automated accounts constituted less than three-quarters of a percent (0.74%) of the overall election-related Tweets on Twitter at the time."

Richard Salgado, Google's senior counsel on law enforcement and information security, testified that the company found 18 YouTube channels offering about 1,100 videos with political content that were "uploaded by individuals who we suspect are associated with this [Russian] effort." The videos, which totaled 43 hours on a platform where 400 hours of content are uploaded every minute and more than 1 billion hours are watched every day, "mostly had low view counts," with less than 3 percent attracting more than 5,000 views.

Salgado nevertheless deemed the Russian content "a serious challenge to the integrity of our democracy." If our democracy cannot survive another 43 hours of political videos on YouTube, it was already doomed.
Humans are abysmal at understanding relative scale. Whether this is by ignorance or by design in the MSM, no idea.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Both.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lunacy and madness as a business model.

et9R6Ajbguk
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A very old media trick is to never identify a politician as a Democrat when they are having a scandal.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2 ... 360898002/
Nude cellphone photos, deleted chats may show evidence of crime in Mayor Megan Barry affair
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Keep in mind they are talking about pressing charges because she had sex on government time, as opposed to Hillary Clinton breaking the law by keeping a private server with classified intelligence, destroying evidence and lying to congress along with Patterson Clapper Abedin Comey et al.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Im going to go ahead and criticize Marco Rubio here, he never ever ever should have agreed to do a debate on CNN. CNN is an advocate for UnConstitutional Gun Control. They have a position. They cannot moderate a debate when they have a position, in addition to their long history of stacking the deck toward left wing politics even before Trump came along. Any Republican should refuse to go on CNN for any townhall. What should have happened is it should have been put together something with local media, with emphasis on all sides getting to speak. This is propaganda.

qeU0d5eI1VA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Everything you see is a lie. If you believe the media you believe lies. We are past Orwell. If you watch TV you are watching the Truman show.

9owTNI0q8PU
Doc

Post by Doc »

"Broward County School Resource officer of the year"

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... l-shooter/

Broward Coward – Armed County Sheriff Cowered Outside Building – Refused to Confront Parkland School Shooter…
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

If only the teachers had been armed, crisis could have been averted. I believe if Reagan had surrounded himself with pistol-carrying math teachers rather than Uzi-toting "special" agents, he would have been protected from being shot.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Should Square roots Be banned?
sr.png
sr.png (27.45 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

By Scott Berson

February 22, 2018 03:43 PM

A discussion among students at Oberlin High School in Oberlin, La., about a mathematical symbol led to a police investigation and a search of one of the student’s homes, according to the Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office.

On the afternoon of Feb. 20, detectives investigated a report of terroristic threats at the school, where they learned that a student had been completing a math problem that required drawing the square-root sign.

Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:If only the teachers had been armed, crisis could have been averted. I believe if Reagan had surrounded himself with pistol-carrying math teachers rather than Uzi-toting "special" agents, he would have been protected from being shot.
Works for Israel.

lnyLbnfOZeQ
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:Should Square roots Be banned?
The attachment sr.png is no longer available
Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

By Scott Berson

A discussion among students at Oberlin High School in Oberlin, La., about a mathematical symbol led to a police investigation and a search of one of the student’s homes, according to the Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office.

On the afternoon of Feb. 20, detectives investigated a report of terroristic threats at the school, where they learned that a student had been completing a math problem that required drawing the square-root sign.

Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.
Yes. of course. I find it ironic that this post is immediately after Zack's post flaunting his innumeracy.

IF Mass shooting = one person shot, and president in public = children in school, THEN climate change is real. Now I get it the logic. :o
Attachments
lib-gun.jpg
lib-gun.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Israel is a sh*thole country in the middle east unworthy of emulation. It's locked in perpetual warfare and a great deal of its citizens are religious fanatics incapable of setting any sort of standard for the world.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Israel is a sh*thole country in the middle east unworthy of emulation.
They don't have any school shootings because their teachers are armed. It's amazing that you would reject a practical solution and rather let people die because of your racially tinged ideology. You are a real piece of work.
It's locked in perpetual warfare
Why bring obama into it.
and a great deal of its citizens are religious fanatics incapable of setting any sort of standard for the world.
Israel has one of the highest GDP per capitas in the world, and they live in the desert. Do you think it is because of their religion?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alex Jones censorship threats. Keep in mind 9-11 conspiracy videos have high circulation on youtube.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/infow ... index.html
InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... cal-views/
‘Free Speech’ Suit Aims to End Twitter’s Political Censorship
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:Should Square roots Be banned?
sr.png

By Scott Berson

Yes. of course. I find it ironic that this post is immediately after Zack's post flaunting his innumeracy.

IF Mass shooting = one person shot, and president in public = children in school, THEN climate change is real. Now I get it the logic. :o
You forgot to mention that Math teachers are a danger to our schools and should be removed. Zack should love that as it makes it easier to argue that foreign scab workers should be brought in for lack of American workers that understand math
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

First they came for Alex Jones...

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/37580 ... outube-ban
Infowars one strike away from YouTube ban
Keep in mind youtube has always been loaded with conspiracy nutjob content.

But in reality youtube needs a competitor. Liberals can't do free speech.