Media Bias

Mr. Perfect

Media Bias

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I know there are some over the years who have poo poo'd the idea of media bias in US politics, but what about now. Is there anyone here who can deny that all the journalism outlets are in the tank for Democrats? I would like everyone to chime in.
Censorship isn't necessary
Apollonius

Re: Media bias

Post by Apollonius »

noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I know there are some over the years who have poo poo'd the idea of media bias in US politics, but what about now. Is there anyone here who can deny that all the journalism outlets are in the tank for Democrats? I would like everyone to chime in.
their is no doubting that this sustained and hysterical attack on the donald is some of the most biased and comical media ive ever seen however i dont really see it as anti republican because this level of lunacy is reserved for those deemed to be anti globalists and/or anti multiculturists.

in australia the one nation party gets this treatment and in england its the brexit supporters - the "normal" right wing will quite often have the press on their side (especially news corp)

globalist multinationals own the media, good luck leaving that script.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nice dodge. Well done.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

It would be a dodge except the whole thing starts with the NeverTrumpers.

Senator John "Down a Plane" McCain was passing the dossier around town like candy. Newscorps, official friend of tortured Saudi princes and [it was his turn] !Jeb!, has tried to bury Trump on several turns....
Mr. Perfect

Re: Media Bias

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nevertrumpers are 2-3 percent of the electorate and we won without them. They are of no consequence.

Another way to ask the question in light of recent events, please name one GOP candidate the MSM ever supported. I will wait here.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:Nevertrumpers are 2-3 percent of the electorate and we won without them. They are of no consequence.

They are indeed a single digit. We've gone over this.

But that single digit happens to sit in party positions, run Washington bureaucracies, pay for Republican publications....
Another way to ask the question in light of recent events, please name one GOP candidate the MSM ever supported. I will wait here.
This is not a long wait. John McCain in both 2000 and 2008 primary.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ok, in a general election.

Also I'm not sure why I have to say this but John McCain is not in the media.
NapLajoieonSteroids

No, but he is one of the most connected Republican politicians to media. He has been for a long while now. I guess Fox+the Bush family is a thing too but that connection is why he comes up. And don't think the media doesn't take cues from what he feeds them- especially from the Intelligence Community.

Like SimpleMinded pointed out ,to take out a President you need cooperation on both sides of the aisle.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ok great story but this thread is about media bias. I'm wondering who can claim anymore that the media is not biased.
NapLajoieonSteroids

It is about media bias.

So when we tell you that people in your own company are gladly conspiring with the other company (and help work on all their advertising) for personal reasons, you don't get to talk about dodging the question.

Your own media, the majority of it, is interested in shutting you down. From Fox News to Drudge...that's the ONLY reason everyone is pretending this is a complicated issue and what happened is all fuzzy and hard to determine.

Zero Point Zero of these people are calling out

Yahoo
The Washington Post
CNN
The New York Times
The New Yorker
Mother Jones

for taking information from Christopher Steele uncritically for the sole purpose of sinking Donald Trump.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Nice dodge. Well done.
nice dodge.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:It is about media bias.

So when we tell you that people in your own company are gladly conspiring with the other company (and help work on all their advertising) for personal reasons, you don't get to talk about dodging the question.

Your own media, the majority of it, is interested in shutting you down. From Fox News to Drudge...that's the ONLY reason everyone is pretending this is a complicated issue and what happened is all fuzzy and hard to determine.

Zero Point Zero of these people are calling out

Yahoo
The Washington Post
CNN
The New York Times
The New Yorker
Mother Jones

for taking information from Christopher Steele uncritically for the sole purpose of sinking Donald Trump.
This thread is about media bias against the right/GOP and you appear to be arguing with me while claiming the media is against the GOP.

Would you mind restating your thesis.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:
nice dodge.
Well in case there was any confusion I did offer a clarification, in light of recent events can you name a Republican candidate the Media promoted based on Republican values.

I'll wait here.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
noddy wrote:
nice dodge.
Well in case there was any confusion I did offer a clarification, in light of recent events can you name a Republican candidate the Media promoted based on Republican values.

I'll wait here.
ill wait too.

if we restrict this to the subset of republicans who you dont consider rino's and we ignore the pre trump era, sure the media is biased against republicans.

which is what i said, and what nap said. and then we even tried to move the conversation into why this has happened, which triggered something defensive.

maybe you can work that out.

we have long established that the inner city media aimed at democrat mums is always quite wet and lefty, so the question is why has some of the middle of the road or previously republican media gone so anti trump.

i suggested its because he isnt reliably pro globalist.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The media is pure propaganda. Bias is a myopic observation.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: ill wait too.

if we restrict this to the subset of republicans who you dont consider rino's and we ignore the pre trump era, sure the media is biased against republicans.

which is what i said, and what nap said. and then we even tried to move the conversation into why this has happened, which triggered something defensive.

maybe you can work that out.

we have long established that the inner city media aimed at democrat mums is always quite wet and lefty, so the question is why has some of the middle of the road or previously republican media gone so anti trump.

i suggested its because he isnt reliably pro globalist.
So you couldn't name a single GOP candidate that the MSM has supported in a general election? I couldn't either.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:The media is pure propaganda. Bias is a myopic observation.
Yes but what kind of propaganda.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote: So you couldn't name a single GOP candidate that the MSM has supported in a general election? I couldn't either.
So no one has been able to answer this question, but everyone has admitted that the MSM is totally against Trump and trying to get him removed from office. Still waiting to hear from Colonel Sun and Simple Minded. Can't wait for that.

So the answer is did this completely one sided bias just materialize on election day?
noddy

Post by noddy »

"admitted "
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote: So the answer is did this completely one sided bias just materialize on election day?
NapLajoieonSteroids

The kind of propaganda which was tolerated by the social scientists of the New Deal and their forever search for the "moderate men" to resolve all conflicts regardless of truth and stave off any potential brown and red revolutions.

In this pursuit, the gov't gave lots of money to social psychologists like Henry Murray to damage people.

And they've set up a system where the press is rife with the intelligence community. Anderson Cooper "interns" at the CIA, Bret Baier doesn't become the big Fox News anchor until he extensively covers the Pentagon. This is before we look up how many of the "big name" journalists/tv guys after WWII were former OSS- everyone hired today has that in their lines of succession.

Propaganda and the control of it, is a very social democrat concern.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The deep state used to be associated with right wing warmongering. In fact a leftist coined the term as an epithet similar to military industrial complex. That however is not the issue at hand.

The issue at hand is the monolithic agenda of the msm and the consequences of such a phenomena.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So the next question is why does anyone accept a biased media.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote: So you couldn't name a single GOP candidate that the MSM has supported in a general election? I couldn't either.
So no one has been able to answer this question, but everyone has admitted that the MSM is totally against Trump and trying to get him removed from office. Still waiting to hear from Colonel Sun and Simple Minded. Can't wait for that.
Not clear what you're waiting for, but keep waiting for Godot or whoever.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.