The great nothingburger

Mr. Perfect

The great nothingburger

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If the mods would indulge, I think we will get several pages out of this then it can be merged into the other thread. This was a bombshell indictment, yet not in the way it portrayed and worthy of independent analysis.

Mueller issued 13 indictments against Russians who do not live in the US, will never be extradited or tried. Mueller has apparently a big preoccupation with "wire fraud". But, other than that this boils down to $#!tposting on facebook and sending unsolicited emails.

The good news is that the Russia thing continues to be a complete work of fiction. What was once touted as hacking and Trump/Putin secret communication and malevolence is now 13 unknown Russians $#!@posting on facebook completely independent of any US participation. All of which was already known, that is no new examples of Russian activity. Conclusion, Russians influencing the election, it's outcome or collusion with the Trump campaign are all false. The good news being once again the Russia issues appears to be completely false.

Here is the bad news.

1. I'm scratching my head how trolling on facebook could be illegal. I haven't found yet or seen posted which statute specifically they violated. Trolling on facebook is protected by 1st amendment.
2. If this is true then Azari could be indicted by Mueller. Azari regularly posted under an assumed name in support of Trump during the campaign, that would make him guilty of the exact same thing the Russians have done.
3. Apparently any foreigner who expresses a political opinion can now be prosecuted by the DOJ. That would include Bono, Prince Charles, Saudi Princes, etc. Without a law being passed against it.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Re: The great nothingburger

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So now lets discuss the horror contained within.

Democrats don't go to jail. Richard Nixon, Jack Abramoff, Scooter Libby, Dinesh DSouza, General Flynn all resign/are prosecuted while Bill and Hillary, Clapper and Brennan, Huma Abedin Susan Rice James Comey and many others walk around free for the same crimes but arguably worse.

Also, in the MSM HRC freely collaborated with Russians and foreign agents to influence the election and have received no scrutiny, in the meantime Trump has been hammered for 1.5 years over a totally imaginary version of the same thing.

So everyone here has admitted to the complete bias of the MSM but we have a new problem.

In the past, a Democrat and a Republican could have the same scandal and the MSM would attack the Republican and cover for the Democrat. In the past the justice system would prosecute Republicans and let Democrats walk Scott Free.

But now...

Political opponents of Democrats are being prosecuted.

It is becoming illegal not to be a Democrat.

You were warned.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What is further troubling about this is that these are indeed flimsy indictments at best, and Mueller issued them anyway. It would appear that the real motivation here is to keep the investigation going, which is running on fumes. Prosecutorial abuse appears to be the driving issue here.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The only proven Russian collusion came from the Democrats. Lawyers agreeing with me in toto.

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does-mu ... is-steele/
Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

First, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make Steele a criminal: first, he is a foreign citizen; second, he tried to influence an election, which he received payments to do (including from the FBI itself); and third, he neither registered as a foreign agent nor listed his receipts and expenditures to the Federal Election Commission. Also, according to the FBI, along the way, Steele lied…a lot, while the dossier he disseminated contained its own lies based on bought-and-paid for smears from foreign sources reliant on rumors and innuendo.

Second, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make FusionGPS a criminal co-conspirator: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission.

Third, if Mueller’s theory is correct, then three things make PerkinsCoie a potential target: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission, by disguising its receipt of payments from the Clinton campaign as a “legal expense.”

Fourth, if Mueller’s theory is correct, then three things make the DNC a potential target: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission, by disguising its payments to Steele as laundered legal expenses to a law firm.

Fifth, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make the Clinton Campaign a potential target: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission, by disguising its funding of payments to Steele laundered through a law firm as a “legal expense.”

Don’t expect such an indictment. Mueller chose his targets because he knows they will never appear in court, never contest the charges, and cannot be arrested or extradited as Russian citizens. Mueller’s unprecedented prosecution raises three novel arguments: first, that speaking out about American politics requires a foreign citizen to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act; second, that speaking out about American politics requires a foreign citizen list their source and expenditure of funding to the Federal Election Commission; and third, that mistakes on visa applications constitute “fraud” on the State Department.
This is a fundamental violation of Democracy.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nice analysis Mr. P.

I think the latest Muller (obviously, one who mulls) tactic accomplishes two goals.
1. It starts to deflect away from "Trump colluded with Russia which caused Hillary to lose the election," and begins to steer the narrative towards "Russia is/was interfering in our political process." A new red herring, much like talking about bathroom designations (or climate change, weather, racism, social justice, somethingism-o-phobia, anyone?) until the end of time, instead of discussing and evaluating actual competence in administration, management, and fiscal responsibility.

You can never have toooo many straw men/persons. It's not a radical narrative change, such as changing The Coming Ice Age to Global Warming, but more of a minor redefining of propaganda terms similar to how Global Warming subtlety morphed into Climate Change.

2. For the dense, foreigners did/or interfering will be heard as desired, and they can respond with "Ah hah! I knew it! Trump was in bed with the Russians all along. Which is why he and not Hillary won the election! He's still not my president, nor a legitimate president."

It will be interesting to see who, in which party, continues to be aligned against him.

ps. Your wrong about Azeri. He is on Trump's payroll. His primary raisin de entre' is to scare illegals in the US into fleeing into Canada (which earns supplemental pay from Trudeau). His secondary task is to convince gullible fureigners that rabid dragons carrying the AIDS virus inhabit most of the US. Better to stay home.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If the mods would indulge, I think we will get several pages out of this then it can be merged into the other thread. This was a bombshell indictment, yet not in the way it portrayed and worthy of independent analysis.
Yes, the mods will indulge. These are the first indictments emanating from the Mueller investigation and as such are worthy of deailed examination.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:Nice analysis Mr. P.

I think the latest Muller (obviously, one who mulls) tactic accomplishes two goals.
1. It starts to deflect away from "Trump colluded with Russia which caused Hillary to lose the election," and begins to steer the narrative towards "Russia is/was interfering in our political process." A new red herring, much like talking about bathroom designations (or climate change, weather, racism, social justice, somethingism-o-phobia, anyone?) until the end of time, instead of discussing and evaluating actual competence in administration, management, and fiscal responsibility.
Hardly a "new" red herring SM. There was pretty strong evidence that the Russians were trying to interfere in the US elections in 2014

You can never have toooo many straw men/persons. It's not a radical narrative change, such as changing The Coming Ice Age to Global Warming, but more of a minor redefining of propaganda terms similar to how Global Warming subtlety morphed into Climate Change.

2. For the dense, foreigners did/or interfering will be heard as desired, and they can respond with "Ah hah! I knew it! Trump was in bed with the Russians all along. Which is why he and not Hillary won the election! He's still not my president, nor a legitimate president."

It will be interesting to see who, in which party, continues to be aligned against him.

ps. Your wrong about Azeri. He is on Trump's payroll. His primary raisin de entre' is to scare illegals in the US into fleeing into Canada (which earns supplemental pay from Trudeau). His secondary task is to convince gullible fureigners that rabid dragons carrying the AIDS virus inhabit most of the US. Better to stay home.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Yes, the mods will indulge. These are the first indictments emanating from the Mueller investigation and as such are worthy of deailed examination.
Thanks
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:Nice analysis Mr. P.

Yes. I think though that it will be in vain. I haven't seen any polling yet where a majority believes in Russian interference of any variety. The more I review what has been made public the more astonished I am by it's impotence. That the vaunted Deep Establishment in it's death throws has so little to work with is truly amazing.
Actually Azari being paid makes it far worse, Trump paying foreign agents to interfere in a US election appears to be tatamount to treason. Azari could be indicted.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Doc wrote: Hardly a "new" red herring SM. There was pretty strong evidence that the Russians were trying to interfere in the US elections in 2014
Yes, in the public domain. However if Bono gets to do it you have to let Russians do it. Here is Bono trying to interfere in the US elections. Mueller indictments coming down soon. Bono in prison.

YnFnPMbqiYo
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lo and behold, as I stated, the Russians probably didn't do anything illegal. WTH are we living through.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/to ... y-illegal/
On Friday, Robert Mueller‘s team announced a massive indictment against 13 Russian operatives accused of violating election law, fraud and failing to register as foreign agents for their alleged scheme to infiltrate social media platforms to sway the election against (for the most part) Hillary Clinton.

A large crux of the indictment centers around alleged violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA). The feds say that the Russian operatives, while concealing their identities, purchased and posted advertisements on social media to further their scheme of influencing the election. FECA prevents foreign nationals from making any contributions, expenditures in connection with any federal, state or location election in the United States.

But, as well-known election law expert Rick Hasen points out, FECA is not limitless, and some of the advertisements mentioned in the indictment might not actually be illegal.

In other words, the First Amendment protects free speech, so just because the Russian ads might seem like they endorse a candidate, they aren’t necessarily endorsing a candidate, so they aren’t necessarily illegal. For example, Hasen cites an ad which reads, “Hillary is a Satan and her crimes and lives have proved just how evil they are.” The ad was bought about a month before the election, and does not (at least from what we can tell) expressly advocate for one candidate over another.
Essentially the Mueller doctrine being put forth is that it is a crime in the United States to endorse a candidate if you are a foreigner.

Way to go Democrats.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The Mueller doctrine makes the prosecution of the entire Clinton operation over the Russian document inevitable.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Normally in a criminal prosecution a defendant is accused of breaking the law and then tried to see if they are guilty.

In this case, for the first time I know of in American history a defendant could be guilty of the charge but the charge is perfectly legal.

We have entered an age of left wing insanity.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Normally in a criminal prosecution a defendant is accused of breaking the law and then tried to see if they are guilty.

In this case, for the first time I know of in American history a defendant could be guilty of the charge but the charge is perfectly legal.

We have entered an age of left wing insanity.
I am not sure you are 100% correct on this Mr.P THere are charges of ID theft and Bank fraud pending. BUt your point is taken illegal aliens that are involved in US politics are indeed guilty of interfering with the US elections. My suggestion is we not only charge the russians and illegal aliens but also retroactively KIng Edward for organized trolling of our elections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propagand ... s_a_weapon
As soon as the war began Britain cut Germany’s under-sea communication cables as a way to ensure that the Allies had a monopoly on the most expedient means of transmitting news from Europe to press outlets in the United States.[11] This was done as a way to influence reporting of the war around the world and to gain sympathy and support from the other nations.[11] In 1914, a secret British organization by the name of Wellington House was set up, calling for journalists and newspaper editors to write articles which sympathized with Britain as a way to counter the statements being made by the enemy.[11] Wellington House implemented this action not only through favorable reports in the press of neutral countries, but also by publishing its own newspapers for circulation around the globe.[11] Wellington House was so secret, in fact, that Parliament was often not aware of them. Wellington House had a staff of 54 people, which made it the largest British foreign propaganda organization.[12] From the Wellington House came the publication The War Pictorial, which by December 1916 reached a circulation of 500,000, covering 11 languages. The War Pictorial was deemed to have such a powerful effect on different masses that it could turn countries, like China, against Germany.[11]
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

More astonishing the deeper you go. RUSSIAN journo who actually did the work is wondering WTH.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 5798e5dbfc

The Russian journalist who helped uncover election interference is confounded by the Mueller indictments

A 37-page indictment issued by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team on Friday brings fresh American attention to one of the strangest elements of alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election: The Internet Research Agency (IRA), a state-sponsored “troll factory” in St. Petersburg.

But much of the information Mueller published on Friday about the agency’s efforts to influence the election had already been published last October — in an article by a Russian business magazine, RBC.

In a 4,500-word report titled “How the 'troll factory' worked the U.S. elections,” journalists Polina Rusyaeva and Andrey Zakharov offered the fullest picture yet of how the “American department” of the IRA used Facebook, Twitter and other tactics to inflame tensions ahead of the 2016 vote. The article also looked at the staffing structure of the organization and revealed details about its budget and salaries.
This interview is critical to the whole piece. All of this has been in the public domain for quite some time but none of the Democrats or MSM who have been frothing at the mouth over this for 1.5 years have never managed to even look into it.

This is a very long interview that must be read.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This is what a troll farm looks like I guess. Just on first blush does anyone think this building could turn an election?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's going to be hilarious beyond words if the Steele Documents came out of this building.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Doc wrote: Hardly a "new" red herring SM. There was pretty strong evidence that the Russians were trying to interfere in the US elections in 2014
Yes, in the public domain. However if Bono gets to do it you have to let Russians do it. Here is Bono trying to interfere in the US elections. Mueller indictments coming down soon. Bono in prison.

YnFnPMbqiYo
Bono, at a U2 concert in Scotland, after a song requests quiet from the audience.
He then starts to clap his hands repeatedly and asks the audience to clap along with him.

Bono [continuing to clap]: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Voice from the audience: "Well, fer Christsakes, stop yer clapping, ye bastard."

[Joke. Source: Jimmy Carr? Robin Williams?]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Bono, at a U2 concert in Scotland, after a song requests quiet from the audience.
He then starts to clap his hands repeatedly and asks the audience to clap along with him.

Bono [continuing to clap]: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Voice from the audience: "Well, fer Christsakes, stop yer clapping, ye bastard."

A joke that is only funny because of real world parallels.

I love this type of posturing. Reminds me of the Hollywood celebs at awards shows saying more should be done for the poor. Or my all time favorites, any one of the Kennedy clan trust fund babies talking about how "the rich should pay their fair share."

Now if one compares the net worth of Bono (or the pontificating Hollywood celeb), to the average net worth of an individual in Africa. One might conclude the pontificators could help a lot of African's by donating the difference between those to numbers to poor Africans.

OK pontificators, ante up!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

YnFnPMbqiYo

:lol: I suppose we need less hand clapping and more bell ringing
OfUV-F9jFro
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Here is what we spent 1.5 years on. Democrats are a threat to human life.

X0u8Icq7j7M
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lo and behold, as I stated, the Russians probably didn't do anything illegal. WTH are we living through.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/to ... y-illegal/
On Friday, Robert Mueller‘s team announced a massive indictment against 13 Russian operatives accused of violating election law, fraud and failing to register as foreign agents for their alleged scheme to infiltrate social media platforms to sway the election against (for the most part) Hillary Clinton.

A large crux of the indictment centers around alleged violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA). The feds say that the Russian operatives, while concealing their identities, purchased and posted advertisements on social media to further their scheme of influencing the election. FECA prevents foreign nationals from making any contributions, expenditures in connection with any federal, state or location election in the United States.

But, as well-known election law expert Rick Hasen points out, FECA is not limitless, and some of the advertisements mentioned in the indictment might not actually be illegal.

In other words, the First Amendment protects free speech, so just because the Russian ads might seem like they endorse a candidate, they aren’t necessarily endorsing a candidate, so they aren’t necessarily illegal. For example, Hasen cites an ad which reads, “Hillary is a Satan and her crimes and lives have proved just how evil they are.” The ad was bought about a month before the election, and does not (at least from what we can tell) expressly advocate for one candidate over another.
Essentially the Mueller doctrine being put forth is that it is a crime in the United States to endorse a candidate if you are a foreigner.

Way to go Democrats.
Reading comprehension: some of the advertisements ... might not actually be illegal.

Some. Might not. Or they might. Others definitely are. And if those that kinda sorta maybe might technically be legal were generated as part of a broader campaign to influence the election, then they probably are illegal and definitely constitute evidence.

Sounds like Mueller bit into a somethingburger alright. A threat to our very democracy. Woe to anyone who would seek to obstruct an investigation into this.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:This is what a troll farm looks like I guess. Just on first blush does anyone think this building could turn an election?

Just on first blush does anyone think this building could generate fake content and get the President's own son to rebroadcast it? Well, it did.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:This is what a troll farm looks like I guess. Just on first blush does anyone think this building could turn an election?

Just on first blush does anyone think this building could generate fake content and get the President's own son to rebroadcast it? Well, it did.
All fine and well Zack. However your favorite Russian collusion story is turning out to be Russian Collusion with Democrats and the Deep State

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-roo ... y%20update
Weekly Update: Why is FBI Protecting Comey?

FEBRUARY 23, 2018

What is the FBI Hiding in its War to Protect Comey?

The coup attempt against President Trump is rapidly collapsing, but the deep state is still in cover-up mode. In an article for The Hill I discussed the FBI’s continuing protection of former Director James Comey and Judicial Watch’s efforts to penetrate the truth.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

No such thing as the Deep State. What we're discovering is that there was indeed an effort to sow chaos in the US electoral process and that Trump was the Russians' preferred candidate. We're discovering that Trump has been trying to obstruct any investigation into this for reasons of personal vanity or maybe worse. We've also discovered that Trump has been trying desperately to return the favor to Putin. It's only because of the adults in the room that the US has been able to muster a half-hearted response against the Russians while Trump continually tries to kiss Putin's ass.