Germany

Endovelico

Re: Germany

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:Lets suppose everybody in Greece and Portugal think like you. I see no reason for other European nations to form any union with people which such different ideas about politics and economics.
The "other European nations" I'm talking about, besides Portugal and Greece, are Spain, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria and Romania. With a total population in excess of 200 million that's all we need. The others may keep being vassals to Germany for all I care...
But how many people in those countries would actually want what you want?
I don't know but their numbers can only go up as people become more aware of what is happening...
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:But how many people in those countries would actually want what you want?
It depends if the Southern Union is ready to step in and replace German investors. Renault employs 16,000 people in Romania, but then so does Continental AG and German companies are heavily involved in our manufacturing sector.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Parodite wrote:But how many people in those countries would actually want what you want?
It depends if the Southern Union is ready to step in and replace German investors. Renault employs 16,000 people in Romania, but then so does Continental AG and German companies are heavily involved in our manufacturing sector.
What you mean with ready to step in and how to get there? First a union and then get ready..(caveat: the errors of the Eurozone) or first get the countries in the south ready independently and then join a union? It seems ot me that a big collection of not yet ready nations are not helped joining a not yet ready union.

Aside.. how do those Rumanians feel having Zjerman and Vrensh employers? Is the payment relatively good or they feel dasterdly exploited? Fair wages?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:Lets suppose everybody in Greece and Portugal think like you. I see no reason for other European nations to form any union with people which such different ideas about politics and economics.
The "other European nations" I'm talking about, besides Portugal and Greece, are Spain, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria and Romania. With a total population in excess of 200 million that's all we need. The others may keep being vassals to Germany for all I care...
I don't know but their numbers can only go up as people become more aware of what is happening...
Little hurdle: people usually observe and perceive differently "what is happening". Here in the Terrible North it isn't any different. My views for instance are a minority view. :P But of course it is always good to find and work with like-minded people.

A diverse political spectrum with very different obervations and opinions can not be avoided. To expect all people in the South to totally agree with you about what is actually happening and what needs to be done... well, best of luck.

(Btw are you sure you want Italiens in your Union?? Berlusconi is a hero there.. and their politics full of intrigues, secrecies..)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:What you mean with ready to step in and how to get there? First a union and then get ready..(caveat: the errors of the Eurozone) or first get the countries in the south ready independently and then join a union? It seems ot me that a big collection of not yet ready nations are not helped joining a not yet ready union.
The way I see it, Central and Eastern Europe is a German-Austrian labor resource. Even if the European Union disappeared, the Germans would simply negotiate a new deal and maintain their position. In theory, Eastern Europe is a toss-up with the winner being the side that promises more jobs for the people and markets for the local goods. In practice, Germany is already Romania's top trade partner (link in filthy Zjerman). Not sure if it were worth it for the South Union to try and bid against the Germans.

Fun fact: back in 2008, the top source for foreign direct investment in Romania was Netherlands, also known as Netheroffshore.
Aside.. how do those Rumanians feel having Zjerman and Vrensh employers? Is the payment relatively good or they feel dasterdly exploited? Fair wages?
For the average plant worker the pay is decent by local standards, but not spectacular. As I said, good programmers and engineers can do quite well (also by local standards). I've no idea how the local salary/cost of living ratio compares to Western Europe, North America, Asia or Australia.

Renault likes to threaten its employees with moving production to Morocco every time the union wants higher salaries. <shrug>
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
I have often thought the same, if only "they" were more "aware," then "they" would think more like "me!" ;)

Hmmmm..... how to educate......
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
I have often thought the same, if only "they" were more "aware," then "they" would think more like "me!" ;)

Hmmmm..... how to educate......
haha, ill beat your cunning plan by not being aware of anything through the use of my superior ignoring skills.

cop that.

be like the water, flow down the drain, ermm.. something like that.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
haha, ill beat your cunning plan by not being aware of anything through the use of my superior ignoring skills.

cop that.

be like the water, flow down the drain, ermm.. something like that.
:evil:

CRAP! Suddenly.... my equanimity is diminished and partially replaced by jealousy...... Damn you!

I HATE you people for making me CHOOSE to FEEL like this! ;)

OH F**K ME! I'm becoming one of "them!" :(

wow! You're right!

Awareness really does suck!

I shoulda known........
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Parodite wrote:What you mean with ready to step in and how to get there? First a union and then get ready..(caveat: the errors of the Eurozone) or first get the countries in the south ready independently and then join a union? It seems ot me that a big collection of not yet ready nations are not helped joining a not yet ready union.
The way I see it, Central and Eastern Europe is a German-Austrian labor resource. Even if the European Union disappeared, the Germans would simply negotiate a new deal and maintain their position. In theory, Eastern Europe is a toss-up with the winner being the side that promises more jobs for the people and markets for the local goods. In practice, Germany is already Romania's top trade partner (link in filthy Zjerman). Not sure if it were worth it for the South Union to try and bid against the Germans.
Seems right. But there are always areas where the Zjermans or Vrenzj are little to no competition.
Fun fact: back in 2008, the top source for foreign direct investment in Romania was Netherlands, also known as Netheroffshore.

Don't know them. What they do?
For the average plant worker the pay is decent by local standards, but not spectacular. As I said, good programmers and engineers can do quite well (also by local standards). I've no idea how the local salary/cost of living ratio compares to Western Europe, North America, Asia or Australia.

Renault likes to threaten its employees with moving production to Morocco every time the union wants higher salaries. <shrug>
Me thinks it's good when unions and employers play hard ball. Part of the game.
noddy

Post by noddy »

germany now fighting IS in syria.

http://www.dw.com/en/the-war-that-nobod ... a-18896028

The war that nobody wants
Germany is sending soldiers to Syria to combat the self-proclaimed "Islamic State" (IS) terror group. The government isn’t acting out of conviction, rather in response to external pressure, says DW’s Marcel Fürstenau.
ultracrepidarian
Alexis

What happened in Cologne (Köln) on New Year's Eve

Post by Alexis »

Summary:
- Crowd 1000-odd young men, Middle-Eastern / North African in appearance, 100-odd women sexually molested, other violences
- Other much smaller similar events in cities like Hamburg
- Initial media lack of reaction, for which some have publicly apologized
- Public comments by Cologne mayor suggesting that women should adapt their behavior to the new situation have been ridiculed and/or shamed by many
- Authorities variously calling for more "explanation" of proper conduct to recent migrants (read: leaflets and such), or insisting that no relation should be drawn between those incidents and majority of "refugees"
- Worries about coming Carnaval, and what might happen then

Testimony by Ivan Jurcevic, a hotel club bouncer and eyewitness to events on the Cologne Cathedral place. With English subtitles:
W9TOdMzOH1U

Courtesy: "Chancellor of the Free World"
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

A similar situation exists already longer in Sweden, there the denial and shoving unpleasant facts under the carpet is almost structural. Although small cracks are appearing in the wall of blindness.

I read somewhere a brilliant idea: male refugees (real ones and economic fortune seekers) from the befuddled meddle east ought to get a course in how to treat women respectfully. It's a beginning! [/trysoundhopefull]

One could add of course: cartoonists who draw pictures of their prophet, dis-believers, other-believers, former-believers, gays and lesbians. Add a one year course in free speech, its legal ramifications and history in this part of the world.

And add that they will live in countries where they can expect their religion and its prophet being grilled, drilled, ridiculed by people who are legally allowed to do that. Not only should they know that and be able to reproduce the desired answers on a form, but they also ought to be exposed to it sufficiently before they can get citizenship.
Alexis

"Europe is dangerous"

Post by Alexis »

When I consider the long term issues and possibilities related to the mass immigration situation, now, years, or many years from now, I am driven to remind what the late William Pfaff - longtime observer and essayist about American-European relations, and certainly a man who had a rare understanding of Europeans, more than most Europeans know themselves - wrote back in 1989:
Europe is dangerous. If the United States goes wrong we have, we think, a fairly clear idea of how we expect it to do so - apocalyptically, as befits the scale of the country, and no doubt democratically, carrying the national logic to the bitter end.
The European possibilities are more subtle and European history suggests they would be more original. Americans should worry about Europe and consider what the American relationship with Europe may become as the existing alliance weakens.
Yes, Europe can be politically creative. In unexpected ways. For better or (and?) for worse.

I have the feeling - intuition? illusion? - that Europe is entering a period of renewed political creativity.

I can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect.
YMix

Re: "Europe is dangerous"

Post by YMix »

Alexis wrote:I have the feeling - intuition? illusion? - that Europe is entering a period of renewed political creativity.

I can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect.
Nothing to do except grin and have another glass of wine. Remember that we've always managed to outdo ourselves before. :twisted:
Alexis

Re: "Europe is dangerous"

Post by Alexis »

YMix wrote:Nothing to do except grin and have another glass of wine. Remember that we've always managed to outdo ourselves before. :twisted:
Thanks, you're making me feel I'm comparatively an optimist after all! :)
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Parodite wrote:I read somewhere a brilliant idea: male refugees (real ones and economic fortune seekers) from the befuddled meddle east ought to get a course in how to treat women respectfully. It's a beginning! [/trysoundhopefull]
Giving the info that "You should behave even when you're surprised, this is a different country you're expected to respect that", well it can't hurt to repeat it, but do you think these rioters were not aware?

They had to know it. I wouldn't expect too much an impact of merely a repeat.

Getting them a course on that, more precisely on what exactly happens to who doesn't respect the native values... Yeah, that sounds more promising. Obviously we wouldn't be speaking of a leaflet here.

What is your idea of the "what exactly happens" part?
noddy

Post by noddy »

[ ] are you explodey
[ ] are you rapey
[ ] both
[ ] neither

what are your views on white imperialist scum

[ ] explode them
[ ] rape them
[ ] this seems like an odd question

which of the activities do you most wish to do in europe (multi choice)

[ ] exploding
[ ] raping
[ ] wine, womens and cheese
[ ] beer, boobs and bacon
[ ] minding your on business

which of the activities are against your religion (multi choice)

[ ] exploding
[ ] raping
[ ] wine, womens and cheese
[ ] beer, boobs and bacon
[ ] minding your on business

--

seems to cover all the bases. cough.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nat Post | Every major authority in Cologne — police, officialdom, press — failed
Also, with deep and even dangerous irony, political correctness works against itself. The urge to spare outrage against perpetrators multiplies the outrage when the facts — as they always will — emerge. In Cologne every major authority — police, officialdom, press — failed. They essentially lied, by omission or choice, to their citizens. Which will have consequences for all concerned, and not least for those from foreign lands, genuine refugees of good character, who were not involved in the night’s horrors nor ever would be.
Apparently the head of police has now been retired.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

this is the same sequence of events that happened in the cronulla riots in eastern australia.

bunch of rural conservative raised kids who believe that any woman not covered head to toe is a slut and deserves to be harrassed, local authorities scared to talk about that because it plays into right wing prejudices, then things build up until it pops.

we need better ways of dealing with these situations, its a proper example of how PC gets in the road.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

For now these polarizing effects between the pc denialist tradition and populist (s)cream whippers are in full throttle but maybe the tides will be turning soon. I agree with Alexis, maybe it is more than just wishful thinking and things in Europe will resolve. The rape events in Germany speed it all up.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Nat Post | Every major authority in Cologne — police, officialdom, press — failed
Also, with deep and even dangerous irony, political correctness works against itself. The urge to spare outrage against perpetrators multiplies the outrage when the facts — as they always will — emerge. In Cologne every major authority — police, officialdom, press — failed. They essentially lied, by omission or choice, to their citizens. Which will have consequences for all concerned, and not least for those from foreign lands, genuine refugees of good character, who were not involved in the night’s horrors nor ever would be.
Apparently the head of police has now been retired.
Exactly why DC & the MSM are currently held in such low regard in the US. The MSM spends more effort on proselytizing and social enlightenment than on reporting events. DC incumbents expend more energy on explaining why they are not as incompetent as their out of power competition than on understanding current events or cause and effect.
Alexis

Gut Gut Super Gut!

Post by Alexis »

More than 130,000 migrants have 'vanished' in Germany
More than 130,000 migrants have 'vanished' in Germany - 13 per cent of arrivals in the last 14 months - the government reveals
- Government admitted statistic in answer to question posed by Left Party
- Missing migrants may have left Germany or disappeared underground
- There are also 400,000 people in the country whose identities are unknown
- Government passed a package of new and tighter laws on asylum

More than 130,00 refugees - 13 percent of the total who have arrived in Germany in the past 14 months - have vanished. The government admitted the bizarre statistic in answer to a question posed in the Bundestag parliament on Thursday by the Left Party. It means that they have left Germany to wander into other countries after initial registration, or they have disappeared underground.
(...)
The head of Germany's migration office, Frank-Jürgen Weise, also admitted that there are currently up to 400,000 people in the country whose identities are unknown to authorities.

A 1990s electro-song comes to mind:

V8RVMi8v9qE

Gut Gut Super Gut Alles Super Gut!
(Good Good Super Good Everything Super Good!)
YMix

Post by YMix »

The German Vice Chancellor has condemned the current state of the TTIP trade deal with the United States, calling it "a bad deal".

[...]

He told German Newspaper group, RND: "It was wrong that, in the euphoria of [President Barack] Obama's visit to Germany, the Chancellor said that we will be able to conclude negotiations under any circumstances by the end of this year – and that she recently repeated that statement.

"The SPD will not to be part of a bad deal, I will never approve an agreement that retains [the right for the companies to appeal to] non-transparent private commercial courts."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 56636.html
noddy

Post by noddy »

this was somewhat amusing for being posted in all the right wing places but totally ignored in the left wing news.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/migrant-cri ... p8mhr.html
peaking to German reporters in the de facto capital of Tibet's exiled government, the Dalai Lama apparently said that "too many" refugees are seeking asylum in Europe.
"Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country," he said with a laugh, according to AFP, which quoted from an interview the spiritual leader gave to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, a German newspaper. "Germany is Germany. There are so many that in practice it becomes difficult."
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Munich shooting

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Eventually we might know what happened, but some interesting early details.

Usually, the suspects are cornered within 30 minutes. We are hours in now and the shooters appear to be totally at large.

To me, this seems like ex military or something of that nature. Active shooters never get away with it. These dudes are defying what seems to be a competent police response. The ragtag Euro ISIS guys don't fit that bill.

Would be interesting if authorities ultimately have to rely on forensics to ID.

Also a political shooting usually has people identifying their political statement.
Censorship isn't necessary