Slavery compensation

Heracleum Persicum

Slavery compensation

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

JcQymNsDqCs

And

Cameron, British PM, his family wealth is from Slavery .. When Britain abolished slavery, British government compensated those who where in slavery business, one of those was Cameron's forefathers

According to a study by Dr Nick Draper who has examined 46,000 compensation papers in three years, one fifth of wealthy Victorian Britons obtained all or part of their fortunes from the slave economy, as they were given equivalent of billions of pounds in compensation from the government when slave ownership was abolished in Britain.

Hence, it is now very likely to have wealthy families all around the country, indirectly enjoying the proceeds of slavery passed to them.

Not surprisingly, among those who benefited from slavery were the PM’s ancestors who were given £4,101, equal to more than £3 million today, for the 202 slaves they forfeited on the Grange Sugar Estate in Jamaica.

According to the reports, parts of the money received by the rich in Britain after abolition was invested in the railways and other aspects of the industrial revolution, so it would not be hyperbolic to say that slavery had a significant role in the formation of modern Britain.

:lol:

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Brits better than Uz & Muslim Slavers on Land & Sea....

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

JcQymNsDqCs

And

Cameron, British PM, his family wealth is from Slavery .. When Britain abolished slavery, British government compensated those who where in slavery business, one of those was Cameron's forefathers

According to a study by Dr Nick Draper who has examined 46,000 compensation papers in three years, one fifth of wealthy Victorian Britons obtained all or part of their fortunes from the slave economy, as they were given equivalent of billions of pounds in compensation from the government when slave ownership was abolished in Britain.

Hence, it is now very likely to have wealthy families all around the country, indirectly enjoying the proceeds of slavery passed to them.

Not surprisingly, among those who benefited from slavery were the PM’s ancestors who were given £4,101, equal to more than £3 million today, for the 202 slaves they forfeited on the Grange Sugar Estate in Jamaica.

According to the reports, parts of the money received by the rich in Britain after abolition was invested in the railways and other aspects of the industrial revolution, so it would not be hyperbolic to say that slavery had a significant role in the formation of modern Britain.

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

Thanks in large part to William Wilberforce*, the Brits lead in abolishing the slave trade and slavery itself: they did it before UZ and loooooooong before it was abolished in much of the Muslim world.

KUDOS to the Brits for finding a non violent way to do it..........

We Uz had to fight the worst war of our history, the Civil War, to do it at a very high cost and almost didn't succeed.......

If compensation is to be bruited about at this point, we Uz and even more so the Euroz need to go after the Muslim world, heir of pirate slavers on land and sea.....

I say let it drop and concentrate on getting into Space in a sustainable way......

William Wilberforce(24 August 1759 – 29 July 1833) was an English politician, philanthropist, and a leader of the movement to abolish the slave trade. A native of Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire, he began his political career in 1780, eventually becoming the independent Member of Parliament for Yorkshire (1784–1812). In 1785, he underwent a conversion experience and became an evangelical Christian, which resulted in major changes to his lifestyle and a lifelong concern for reform. In 1787, he came into contact with Thomas Clarkson and a group of anti-slave-trade activists, including Granville Sharp, Hannah More and Charles Middleton. They persuaded Wilberforce to take on the cause of abolition, and he soon became one of the leading English abolitionists. He headed the parliamentary campaign against the British slave trade for twenty-six years until the passage of the Slave Trade Act of 1807.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wilberforce
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Brits better than Uz & Muslim Slavers on Land & Sea....

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

monster_gardener wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

JcQymNsDqCs

And

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

Thanks in large part to William Wilberforce*, the Brits lead in abolishing the slave trade and slavery itself: they did it before UZ and loooooooong before it was abolished in much of the Muslim world.

KUDOS to the Brits for finding a non violent way to do it..........

We Uz had to fight the worst war of our history, the Civil War, to do it at a very high cost and almost didn't succeed.......

If compensation is to be bruited about at this point, we Uz and even more so the Euroz need to go after the Muslim world, heir of pirate slavers on land and sea.....

I say let it drop and concentrate on getting into Space in a sustainable way......

William Wilberforce(24 August 1759 – 29 July 1833) was an English politician, philanthropist, and a leader of the movement to abolish the slave trade. A native of Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire, he began his political career in 1780, eventually becoming the independent Member of Parliament for Yorkshire (1784–1812). In 1785, he underwent a conversion experience and became an evangelical Christian, which resulted in major changes to his lifestyle and a lifelong concern for reform. In 1787, he came into contact with Thomas Clarkson and a group of anti-slave-trade activists, including Granville Sharp, Hannah More and Charles Middleton. They persuaded Wilberforce to take on the cause of abolition, and he soon became one of the leading English abolitionists. He headed the parliamentary campaign against the British slave trade for twenty-six years until the passage of the Slave Trade Act of 1807.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wilberforce

Monster, you again Muslims this Christians that

look, this not a Christian or Islam issue

Slavery is 10,000+ years old

Greece or Rome were "slave based economy and civilization" .. their economy was based on FREE LABOR

unlike Persian civilization

Persian empire was built with PAID laborer, pay-list for all those laborers can be found in British Museum .. Cyrus the Persian EXPLICITLY forbid slavery and proclaimed all humans being FREE, can be found on Cyrus Cylinder now touring America .. that is why I repeat saying Pomegranates had never slavery as Persian spirit is FREE human being

That aside

Monster,

Seems you comparing the (self declared) civilized Brits with those animals in Zanzibar and and

When you and Brits still had slaves and your infrastructure, railways and and and, were built by free labor, slaves, (western) world was already in advance stage .. not same comparing Queen Victoria London with Zanzibar or Medina of that time .. pretty much inexcusable to have separate water fountains for blacks and whites in 1960 :lol: .. that lack of civilization still now prevailing.

BTW, for your information .. all those Christian Cathedrals, pretty much all, were built by SLAVES .. name me one that is not :)

Alexis

Re: Brits better than Uz & Muslim Slavers on Land & Sea....

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:look, this not a Christian or Islam issue

Slavery is 10,000+ years old
Precisely. I don't think compensation for wrongs which took place six or more generations ago has any meaning. But if it had, then all nations which engaged in slavery would have to pay compensation. Including Europeans and Americans from North to South, yes... but also all Muslim lands... and African nations themselves!

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Persian empire was built with PAID laborer, pay-list for all those laborers can be found in British Museum .. Cyrus the Persian EXPLICITLY forbid slavery and proclaimed all humans being FREE, can be found on Cyrus Cylinder now touring America .. that is why I repeat saying Pomegranates had never slavery
Right about Cyrus.

Wrong about Persian history in general
Under the Safavids
During the Safavid and Zand dynasties, most of the enslaved people in Persia were from the Caucasus. The monarchy's policy of raiding villages and enslaving villagers kept the King's subjects in fear, and also supplied the King with an unlimited supply of domestic laborers, concubines, and palace guards. If trusted, the enslaved were sometimes promoted to administrative or military positions. The reliance on an enslaved labor force eventually created a dependency that persisted until Persia's transformation into an industrialized nation state in the 20th century.
Under the Qajars
Due to several factors, the trade of enslaved East African peoples increased during the Qajar dynasty. Eventually most of the people sold in Persia as slaves were from the south eastern coast of Africa and the Horn of Africa. Until the mid-19th century, most enslaved peoples were transported by sea to port cities along the Persian Gulf, such as Bandar-e Abbas and Bushehr. From there they were forced to cities in the interior, where they were sold in public markets. The largest slave markets were in Shiraz and Isfahan, but enslaved peoples were also sold in Tehran, Tabriz, and Mashhad.
(...)
Slavery was formally abolished in Persia in 1929.
Heracleum Persicum wrote:When you and Brits still had slaves and your infrastructure, railways and and and, were built by free labor, slaves, (western) world was already in advance stage ..
Look up the dates of slavery abolition in the Muslim world. Compare to Britain 1834, France 1848, USA 1865, Brazil 1898...

Not only the Western world went there first, it's the West which through colonization forced Muslim countries to abandon slavery!
Persia was not colonized, but had to follow the movement nonetheless, beating only Saudi Arabia which abolished slavery on her own in 1962.

Heracleum Persicum wrote:BTW, for your information .. all those Christian Cathedrals, pretty much all, were built by SLAVES .. name me one that is not :)
Pure nonsense.

Builders of cathedrals on the contrary were skilled craftmen, not only free workers but free workers with rare skills, who had strong leverage to negotiate high compensation for their work. I have to advise to get more information on the topic.
Typhoon

Re: Slavery compensation

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:BTW, for your information .. all those Christian Cathedrals, pretty much all, were built by SLAVES .. name me one that is not :)
Rather name us one that was.

As Alexis pointed out, all the cathedrals were built by craftsmen.
These craftsmen, or masons, belonged to guilds which were unique in that their members were permitted to move about freely to practice their trade
and thus became known as "freemasons".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i thought the freemason are the lizard king illuminati.

complicated stuff this.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i thought the freemason are the lizard king illuminati.

complicated stuff this.
Thats what THEY want YOU to think....

really the FREEMASONS are spambots...... from the future.......

and they read your ROBOTIST post......

wouldn't wanna be in your shoes pal.....