Poland

Heracleum Persicum

Re: To Each His Own........

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

monster_gardener wrote:
Parodite wrote:I think Poland still has a vulnerable national psyche due to their past experiences of rape: Stalin, Hitler. They are also extremely suspicious of Hijo de Putin for that reason.

Despite all that that they are doing economically very well, mainly thanks to years long investments mostly coming from Germany via EU funds. The Euro-skepticism of PIS is a bit weird in that context given how generous the EU has funded their development. That they (PIS voters) get paranoid already of the prospect of only 7000 Muslim refugee immigrants, as it would "threaten their national-Catholic identity", is somewhat sad.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Parodite.
only 7000 Muslim refugee immigrants
How "only" :twisted: that is depends on the nature of the refugees......

Only took two Islamist refugees to do the Boston Marathon Massacre....... :evil:

Also remembering that 19 Islamist "guests" did 911 on US...... :evil:

IMHO Syrian Christian refugees especially Syrian Catholics would be a better fit for Poland....... :idea:

And for the US........ :idea:

Very interesting debate

very interesting because all western "FREE" media debating Muslims invading Europe and all the rest, but not much debate why those Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings who have 500 million dollar Yachts and B474 with swimming pool and all those Persion Golf Arab gas station attendant monkey, non have taken EVEN ONE "even SUNNI" Syrian refugee .. we not talkin Shia but SUNNI refugee .. and .. they so arrogant explaining openly in media they don't want to effect their living standard.

Sunni Sheikhs and Arabs and Kings financed, armed these animals causing people flee their homes and become refugee.

Who are these Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings (people who entertain homosexual harems with boys) ? ? ? your friends

Nobody likes to leave home and move unknown future, specially on such unwelcome circumstances as in eastern Europe .. you guys should debate who cause all this, whose policy was to arm the terrorist ? and still arming them

And, you guys, Monster and Doc and CS and others should be thankful to Putin (and Iran) to wipe out these terrorists, US forces to join Iraqi and Iranian units in launching an offensive to recover Ramadi

And

These Syrian refugee are a gift for Europe .. Germany would love to take them all

And, don't 4get, without Syria there would be to Apple Computer (Steve Jobs was a Syrian)

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Need Steve Jobs/Apple versus MS/Android thread?

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank You Very Much to the Moderators for maintaining the forum.

Wondering if we Need Steve Jobs/Apple versus Microsoft/Android/Google thread?
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

The Meaning of "gift" in German.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:
Parodite wrote:I think Poland still has a vulnerable national psyche due to their past experiences of rape: Stalin, Hitler. They are also extremely suspicious of Hijo de Putin for that reason.

Despite all that that they are doing economically very well, mainly thanks to years long investments mostly coming from Germany via EU funds. The Euro-skepticism of PIS is a bit weird in that context given how generous the EU has funded their development. That they (PIS voters) get paranoid already of the prospect of only 7000 Muslim refugee immigrants, as it would "threaten their national-Catholic identity", is somewhat sad.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Parodite.
only 7000 Muslim refugee immigrants
How "only" :twisted: that is depends on the nature of the refugees......

Only took two Islamist refugees to do the Boston Marathon Massacre....... :evil:

Also remembering that 19 Islamist "guests" did 911 on US...... :evil:

IMHO Syrian Christian refugees especially Syrian Catholics would be a better fit for Poland....... :idea:

And for the US........ :idea:

Very interesting debate

very interesting because all western "FREE" media debating Muslims invading Europe and all the rest, but not much debate why those Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings who have 500 million dollar Yachts and B474 with swimming pool and all those Persion Golf Arab gas station attendant monkey, non have taken EVEN ONE "even SUNNI" Syrian refugee .. we not talkin Shia but SUNNI refugee .. and .. they so arrogant explaining openly in media they don't want to effect their living standard.

Sunni Sheikhs and Arabs and Kings financed, armed these animals causing people flee their homes and become refugee.

Who are these Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings (people who entertain homosexual harems with boys) ? ? ? your friends

Nobody likes to leave home and move unknown future, specially on such unwelcome circumstances as in eastern Europe .. you guys should debate who cause all this, whose policy was to arm the terrorist ? and still arming them

And, you guys, Monster and Doc and CS and others should be thankful to Putin (and Iran) to wipe out these terrorists, US forces to join Iraqi and Iranian units in launching an offensive to recover Ramadi

And

These Syrian refugee are a gift for Europe .. Germany would love to take them all

And, don't 4get, without Syria there would be to Apple Computer (Steve Jobs was a Syrian)

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari,
These Syrian refugee are a gift for Europe .. Germany........
Really?.........

Muslim migrants shouting "Allahu Akbar", engaging in arson and making throat cutting gestures as posted here and elsewhere....
In other news, here is a group of immigrants demonstrating in a little Germany city to say "thank you Germany for your welcome"

Note that in Arabic, this is translated as "Allahu Akbar", but must be chanted wearing masks and holding sticks. Some local cultural tradition, I have to assume.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3513&p=96124#p96124

The meaning of "gift" in Germany........ ;)
Gift nt , -(e)s, -e (lit, fig) poison

http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Gift
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Re: Need Steve Jobs/Apple versus MS/Android thread?

Post by Typhoon »

monster_gardener wrote:Thank You Very Much to the Moderators for maintaining the forum.

Quite right.

Polish Notation and Reverse Polish Notation are not sufficient reasons to keep the discussion in this thread.

The computer tech discussion has been moved to the Computing | Hardware and Software thread.

Please continue the discussion there.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Re: Poland

Post by YMix »

Polish military police have raided a Nato-affiliated counterintelligence centre in Warsaw in the latest of a series of moves by the country’s new rightwing government to consolidate its hold on power.

The raid took place at 1.30am on Friday at the temporary offices of the Nato Counter Intelligence Centre of Excellence. According to the Gazeta Wyborcza newspaper, senior aides of Antoni Macierewicz, the defence minister, accompanied by military police, entered the building using a duplicate key.
Le fu*k? :shock:
The raid represented an attempt by Macierewicz to wrest immediate control of the centre from Dusza, who had been appointed to run it by Poland’s former centre-right government ousted in October elections by the radical Law and Justice party.

Since then, the new ruling party has moved fast to put loyalists in charge of the intelligence and security agencies, and had its nominees sworn in as constitutional court judges in the middle of the night in violation of constitutional procedure. The party is also preparing a bill that would open up senior civil service jobs to political appointments.
Oh...
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Poland to accept 100 refugees

Prime Minister Beata Szydło of the conservative Law and Justice party announced on Thursday that Poland is ready to accept 100 refugees.

She said that this would fulfil the government's pledge to take in migrants. She added that the decision stems from the obligations taken by the former (centrist) cabinet.

Following the Paris terror attacks she had said that her country would refuse to take in 7000 refugees as part of an EU quota agreed last year.

"At the moment we are ready to take in 100 people. [However], we would like to have the right to decide what sort of persons we want in our country and that such persons need first of all to be willing to stay in Poland and comply with the terms that would be set," PM Beata Szydło said.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
noddy

Post by noddy »

YMix wrote:
Poland to accept 100 refugees

Prime Minister Beata Szydło of the conservative Law and Justice party announced on Thursday that Poland is ready to accept 100 refugees.

She said that this would fulfil the government's pledge to take in migrants. She added that the decision stems from the obligations taken by the former (centrist) cabinet.

Following the Paris terror attacks she had said that her country would refuse to take in 7000 refugees as part of an EU quota agreed last year.

"At the moment we are ready to take in 100 people. [However], we would like to have the right to decide what sort of persons we want in our country and that such persons need first of all to be willing to stay in Poland and comply with the terms that would be set," PM Beata Szydło said.

99 germans of polish descent and 1 token arab child under heavy armed guard.
ultracrepidarian
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

noddy wrote:
Nay, Noddy, you are imagining bad things. These will be 100 Syrian and Iraqi Arabs.

And religious diversity will be respected: Poland will accept among them also Protestants and Orthodox. Not only Catholics!
noddy

Post by noddy »

Alexis wrote:
noddy wrote:
Nay, Noddy, you are imagining bad things. These will be 100 Syrian and Iraqi Arabs.

And religious diversity will be respected: Poland will accept among them also Protestants and Orthodox. Not only Catholics!
my mistake :)
ultracrepidarian
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

One can't help but feel for the refugees in this case for drawing the short straw. No one wants to be settled in Poland.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Poland’s looming economic storm

[...]

One of PiS’s key deliverables is “500 PLN for each child.” The new program, which was at core of the party’s campaign, will hand each family, irrespective of its income, a subsidy of roughly $125 a month for their second child and every additional child — until they all reach the age of 18. The party also promised to more than double the tax-exempt share of household income. The annual cost of these programs has been estimated at around $11 billion.

Around a fifth of the cost of these programs will be paid for by a new tax on bank assets. Annually, the tax will amount to 0.44 percent of the value of assets held by banks, other than government securities. The tax targets banks because “financial institutions [impose] on Polish citizens the highest banking costs in Europe,” Prime Minister Beata Szydło said.

[...]
Brecher

Re: Need Steve Jobs/Apple versus MS/Android thread?

Post by Brecher »

monster_gardener wrote:Thank You Very Much to the Moderators for maintaining the forum.

Syria is Apple. Iraq is IBM -- Power PC era IBM. Turkey is Google -- they keep telling us that they're not evil. Saudi Arabia is Microsoft -- everybody knows that they're evil.
Alexis

Powerful and dangerous symbols

Post by Alexis »

Polish mainstream magazine runs this cover :shock:

Muslim rape of Europe

Another image inside:

European hell

These are very striking pictures. Powerful symbols, obviously dangerous ones.

Some comments have accused the magazine of using fascist symbols. I agree, and I disagree at the same time:
- Yes these are brutal symbols, adressing the reptilian part of the human brain. They are not specifically fascist, they are nonetheless dangerous
- On the other hand, while I certainly wouldn't have chosen such a cover page, the shock is not that this magazine would print it, the shock is that such events as Cologne, along with many smaller ones, would happen

The impact of those events is first and foremost on the women who were abused, even raped. The larger and more diffuse impact is felt by European societies at large, it's a primal impact, and reactions risk being just as primal. Except if the State performs its prime duty of protection - that is, if police action is both decisive and quick.

We have news of a 500-strong militia which appeared in Finland (a country of 5 million), so-called "Sons of Odin" to patrol the streets and "protect native Finns against migrants". We have had cases of anti-migrant bands in Sweden. In Germany, arson against buildings where migrants were to have been installed has been multiplied from 2014 to 2015. We have advance signs of a backlash that would be disorderly, illegal and violent. And potentially massive.

I think we're facing here an emergency: deter quickly migrants from any misbehaviour towards Europeans, especially European women and children (yes, we've also had cases of child rape, e.g. in Austria, the offender saying afterwards "he couldn't hold it")

Given the respective numbers of potential offenders, their potential victims, and police forces, I'm afraid no other option may exist than to establish deterrence. By which I mean very severe penalties, and above all: release police rules for use of force enough for 10 or 20 officers to be able to handle a horde of hundreds of offenders if need be.

That may mean permission to fire on a crowd, with principle "you kill 10, and the other 300 will flee for their lives". I would hate to come there, but I would prefer it if the only alternative is continuing increase of migrant sexual violence and continuing increase of militia forming and their violence.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

What is going on here? I read an article by a pro-EU NGO yesterday that there is an authoritarian coup in the wings :?:

Now US tanks are going into Poland, and I'm reading about this being Obama threatening Russia. Sounds more like a military attempt to keep Poland in line to me.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Alexis

The Power of Love, or the imprudence of Poland the well-mean

Post by Alexis »

:lol: !
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Kurwaaaaa.

:lol:

On the Polish side of the Polish - German border [pre-Schengen].

Polish Passport Control: "Nationality?"

Driver: "German"

Polish PC: "Occupation?"

Driver: "No, just visiting."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

kgW-7uW08NA
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:kgW-7uW08NA

Thank you, Parodite .. appreciate .. sent to my Israeli friends

On the other hand, you have Irena Sendler

2018-02-05.png
2018-02-05.png (71.46 KiB) Viewed 3203 times

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Our David decides to wade in the psycho-socio-philosopher pool and use Poland as an example:

Political Correctness on the Populist Right
Poland's Law and Justice Party government is right wing, Catholic and nationalist. It strongly opposes the European Community's attempt to impose immigration quotas on its members, in alliance with other right-wing populists: Hungary's Viktor Orban as well as the Czech Republic's Miloš Zeman. But there is no difference whatever between the American Left's witch hunt against "micro-aggressions" and the imposition of speech codes at American universities, and the new Polish law. They both criminalize speech that injures self-esteem, and they do so for exactly the same reason.
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Heracleum Persicum

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:.

Our David decides to wade in the psycho-socio-philosopher pool and use Poland as an example:

Political Correctness on the Populist Right
Poland's Law and Justice Party government is right wing, Catholic and nationalist. It strongly opposes the European Community's attempt to impose immigration quotas on its members, in alliance with other right-wing populists: Hungary's Viktor Orban as well as the Czech Republic's Miloš Zeman. But there is no difference whatever between the American Left's witch hunt against "micro-aggressions" and the imposition of speech codes at American universities, and the new Polish law. They both criminalize speech that injures self-esteem, and they do so for exactly the same reason.

In France and Germany (probably other places too), there is laws against saying this and that about Holocaust, a clear violation of "Free Speech".

Why now when Poland passes laws "other way round", suddenly "free speech" comet to mind ?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

David is a Zionist .. that explains his outrage

Look, have said many times here, the antisemitism in Europe is real and must be addressed .. how can Europe address anti-semitism when at the same time antisemitism rising it's ugly face ? by debating it "openly"

Racism, anti-semitism, intolerance, left and right rubbish etc, are "cultural" issues and can not be stopped and disappear by passing laws or avoiding frank discussion why things so.

No doubt ALL Europe, specially East Europe, all of them, Romanian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Estonian and and were "instrumental" in that genocide of our beloved Jewish innocent woman and children .. "sweeping under the carpet" does not solves the issue, that must be debated "honestly" .. Jewish saga in East Europe (Poland etc) just tip of Iceberg, now we see same story with Syrian etc refugee.

noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:No doubt ALL Europe, specially East Europe, all of them, Romanian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Estonian and and were "instrumental" in that genocide of our beloved Jewish innocent woman and children .. "sweeping under the carpet" does not solves the issue, that must be debated "honestly" .. Jewish saga in East Europe (Poland etc) just tip of Iceberg, now we see same story with Syrian etc refugee.
Anti-semitism has already been openly discussed, researched and what you say is accepted fact. Many people in Nazi occupied countries collaborated, passively and actively, and a number of them engaged in atrocities as in the "Two Barns" documentary. Also known and no ones denies this; many courageous individuals resisted the Nazis and put their own lives on the line by hiding Jews, helping them escape. Nothing is swept under the rug here HP. What the Hell are you talking about? What exactly hides under the rug that needs sunshine?

You have the mic HP.

In the mean time I will propose what you actually do not want to be "swept under the rug";

The hatred against Jews, included brutal violence as in "Two Barns", was also caused by certain behavior of certain Jews who then have to take some of the blame of what happened. Right? This seems to be your point that you would like to be taken away from under the rug back into the open.

The good Mod redacted your post (and my outrageous reaction) and deleted the part where you say this violence was caused by Jewish bankers who foreclosed farms and that same happened elsewhere, also in 2008. This suggests that the victim can and should be blamed in part. How you see this?

But maybe you just meant something less outrageous: that those psychopaths and violent mobs who massacred Jews merely used these facts or half-truths to justify their own heinous crimes. Which would be rather poor taste of those murderous mobs, don't you agree? No excuses exist in my opinion for crimes like these. NONE. The pathology is entirely at the hands of the perpetrators.

It would also be great if you tell this noble list what you think of the violent behaviors of HAMAS, Hizbollah, Islamic Jihad. Should they stop sending rockets into Israel, blowing up buses, restaurants in your opinion? Or is it all understandable and even excusable. And what do you think of the Iranian government supporting those organisations?

No need to divert the question to Israeli violence, occupation etc; I gave my opinion on that a number of times in the past and am probably on your side for the most part.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:No doubt ALL Europe, specially East Europe, all of them, Romanian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Estonian and and were "instrumental" in that genocide of our beloved Jewish innocent woman and children .. "sweeping under the carpet" does not solves the issue, that must be debated "honestly" .. Jewish saga in East Europe (Poland etc) just tip of Iceberg, now we see same story with Syrian etc refugee.
Anti-semitism has already been openly discussed, researched and what you say is accepted fact. Many people in Nazi occupied countries collaborated, passively and actively, and a number of them engaged in atrocities as in the "Two Barns" documentary. Also known and no ones denies this; many courageous individuals resisted the Nazis and put their own lives on the line by hiding Jews, helping them escape. Nothing is swept under the rug here HP. What the Hell are you talking about? What exactly hides under the rug that needs sunshine?

You have the mic HP.

In the mean time I will propose what you actually do not want to be "swept under the rug";

The hatred against Jews, included brutal violence as in "Two Barns", was also caused by certain behavior of certain Jews who then have to take some of the blame of what happened. Right? This seems to be your point that you would like to be taken away from under the rug back into the open.

The good Mod redacted your post (and my outrageous reaction) and deleted the part where you say this violence was caused by Jewish bankers who foreclosed farms and that same happened elsewhere, also in 2008. This suggests that the victim can and should be blamed in part. How you see this?

But maybe you just meant something less outrageous: that those psychopaths and violent mobs who massacred Jews merely used these facts or half-truths to justify their own heinous crimes. Which would be rather poor taste of those murderous mobs, don't you agree? No excuses exist in my opinion for crimes like these. NONE. The pathology is entirely at the hands of the perpetrators.

It would also be great if you tell this noble list what you think of the violent behaviors of HAMAS, Hizbollah, Islamic Jihad. Should they stop sending rockets into Israel, blowing up buses, restaurants in your opinion? Or is it all understandable and even excusable. And what do you think of the Iranian government supporting those organisations?

No need to divert the question to Israeli violence, occupation etc; I gave my opinion on that a number of times in the past and am probably on your side for the most part.
Well said Paroidte.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Thanks bro. I hope HP will prove me wrong. ;)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:Thanks bro. I hope HP will prove me wrong. ;)
I take everything HP (and everyone else who posts here) with a yuge grain of salt. an Iranian convinced of their cultural superiority who lives in Canada? we're all full of contradiction and hypocrisy!

I think HP (and all of us) fits into one of 3 categories (or do I fit HP and all of us into one of 3 categories?):

1. average Joe who tries to antagonize people who he considers to be his friends. IMSMO, most human males enjoy doing this form time to time.

2. hard core racist/religionist/nationalist who actually believes what he posts.

3. person who is a slave to his own past experience of group identity and labeling, who simply can't not view or consider people as individuals.

none of the above matters much. so it does not get much thought other than whether I should label him as a 1, play the game, and respond in kind, or label him as a 2 or 3 and just ignore him cause it is not worth the effort.

and, of course, the determination of him being a 1, 2, or 3, might be as much due to my own mood at the time of reading his posts as anything he posts.

privilege: the ability to spend time on silly stuff!