Poland

noddy

Re: Poland

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
Parodite wrote:Thanks bro. I hope HP will prove me wrong. ;)
I take everything HP (and everyone else who posts here) with a yuge grain of salt. an Iranian convinced of their cultural superiority who lives in Canada? we're all full of contradiction and hypocrisy!

I think HP (and all of us) fits into one of 3 categories (or do I fit HP and all of us into one of 3 categories?):

1. average Joe who tries to antagonize people who he considers to be his friends. IMSMO, most human males enjoy doing this form time to time.

2. hard core racist/religionist/nationalist who actually believes what he posts.

3. person who is a slave to his own past experience of group identity and labeling, who simply can't not view or consider people as individuals.

none of the above matters much. so it does not get much thought other than whether I should label him as a 1, play the game, and respond in kind, or label him as a 2 or 3 and just ignore him cause it is not worth the effort.

and, of course, the determination of him being a 1, 2, or 3, might be as much due to my own mood at the time of reading his posts as anything he posts.

privilege: the ability to spend time on silly stuff!

theirs 2 types of people.

those that see 2 types of people.... and triangulators that see 3!
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:

theirs 2 types of people.

those that see 2 types of people.... and triangulators that see 3!
"We' can't help it... our brains are 50% larger than those other guys......
Alexis

10 kinds of people

Post by Alexis »

Simple Minded wrote:I think HP (and all of us) fits into one of 3 categories (or do I fit HP and all of us into one of 3 categories?):

1. average Joe who tries to antagonize people who he considers to be his friends. IMSMO, most human males enjoy doing this form time to time.

2. hard core racist/religionist/nationalist who actually believes what he posts.

3. person who is a slave to his own past experience of group identity and labeling, who simply can't not view or consider people as individuals.
There are only 10 kinds of people.

Those who understand binary digits, and those who do not.

Otherwise, regarding Serbia Stronk, I advise to refer to the original (with English subtitles):

[Video removed from Youtube.]

Note that this Serb war song refers to struggle against fascists, no matter whether Croat or Bosnian kind.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Die Welt | COVID-19 Be Damned: How Poland Is Beating Another Crisis

It would not surprise me to see Poland becoming the new power in Europe replacing contemporary self-loathing and self-emasculating Germany.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The internet does not seem to be bringing us all together, but it does seem to be making us all the same! Maybe?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lgbt-right ... 1597593600

"
TUCHÓW, Poland—Last year, this small Polish town near the eastern edge of the European Union passed a resolution proclaiming itself a “municipality free of LGBT ideology.” In July, the EU responded by stripping funding for a program connecting Tuchów with a sister city in France.

For EU authorities, Tuchów had violated a fundamental right not to be discriminated against based on sexual orientation or gender, something protected in the bloc’s treaties and high-court case law. Some locals here, in a stronghold of Poland’s newly re-elected President Andrzej Duda, don’t see it that way.

“It is more important for me and my colleagues, and maybe for residents, to act as guardians of our values, rather than selling ourselves for the 30 pieces of silver,” said Tuchów city councilor Mateusz Janiczek, a member of Poland’s conservative Law and Justice party, which backs Mr. Duda.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am The internet does not seem to be bringing us all together, but it does seem to be making us all the same! Maybe?

"
TUCHÓW, Poland—Last year, this small Polish town near the eastern edge of the European Union passed a resolution proclaiming itself a “municipality free of LGBT ideology.” In July, the EU responded by stripping funding for a program connecting Tuchów with a sister city in France.

For EU authorities, Tuchów had violated a fundamental right not to be discriminated against based on sexual orientation or gender, something protected in the bloc’s treaties and high-court case law. Some locals here, in a stronghold of Poland’s newly re-elected President Andrzej Duda, don’t see it that way.

“It is more important for me and my colleagues, and maybe for residents, to act as guardians of our values, rather than selling ourselves for the 30 pieces of silver,” said Tuchów city councilor Mateusz Janiczek, a member of Poland’s conservative Law and Justice party, which backs Mr. Duda.
Poland has a burgeoning game development industry -- nothing to scoff at for a country that has no other recognizable international business presence. This extreme homophobia (not to mention the country's racism and anti-Semitism) befitting of a Middle Eastern country is a major barrier to the recruitment of the kind of foreign talent that these firms will need going forward.

Here in the US, our most valuable company is headed by a proudly gay man and all the places I've worked are incredibly successful businesses that value and benefit from inclusiveness. The Poles, who like to consider themselves Westerners, are being incredibly stupid by delaying the inevitable. I cannot fathom the sort of stubborn ignorance that inhibits people from making peace with the inevitable, embracing it graciously rather than waiting to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the future.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 am
Simple Minded wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am The internet does not seem to be bringing us all together, but it does seem to be making us all the same! Maybe?

"

Poland has a burgeoning game development industry -- nothing to scoff at for a country that has no other recognizable international business presence. This extreme homophobia (not to mention the country's racism and anti-Semitism) befitting of a Middle Eastern country is a major barrier to the recruitment of the kind of foreign talent that these firms will need going forward.

Here in the US, our most valuable company is headed by a proudly gay man and all the places I've worked are incredibly successful businesses that value and benefit from inclusiveness. The Poles, who like to consider themselves Westerners, are being incredibly stupid by delaying the inevitable. I cannot fathom the sort of stubborn ignorance that inhibits people from making peace with the inevitable, embracing it graciously rather than waiting to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the future.
Here in the US, our most valuable company is headed by a proudly gay man

You mean the one that pays his factory workers $7 a month?

zeEERdbfH0c

Gee How ungrateful those Indian workers are not appreciated being used as slaves by our most valuable company is headed by a proudly gay man. They must be homophobes !!! Right ZacK? But do note that there is a silver lining in the video The CCP is quick to point out that In China they know how to their its slaves in line on the line !!
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm Gee How ungrateful those Indian workers are not appreciated being used as slaves by our most valuable company is headed by a proudly gay man. They must be homophobes !!! Right ZacK? But do note that there is a silver lining in the video The CCP is quick to point out that In China they know how to their its slaves in line on the line !!
I actually have some first hand knowledge of how Apple manages its contractor relationships. They routinely audit and suspend violators. For example, a Japanese (yes, Japanese, not Chinese) supplier had a poorly ventilated etching facility to reduce costs, allowing dangerous amounts of HF (hydrofluoric acid, seriously!) fumes to accumulate. Engineering project managers visited the facility, noticed that the workers looked unusually sickly. One of the PMs suffered a nose bleed. The supplier was immediately dropped.

Apple is doing the right thing by diversifying their supply chain away from China.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:13 am
Doc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm Gee How ungrateful those Indian workers are not appreciated being used as slaves by our most valuable company is headed by a proudly gay man. They must be homophobes !!! Right ZacK? But do note that there is a silver lining in the video The CCP is quick to point out that In China they know how to their its slaves in line on the line !!
I actually have some first hand knowledge of how Apple manages its contractor relationships. They routinely audit and suspend violators. For example, a Japanese (yes, Japanese, not Chinese) supplier had a poorly ventilated etching facility to reduce costs, allowing dangerous amounts of HF (hydrofluoric acid, seriously!) fumes to accumulate. Engineering project managers visited the facility, noticed that the workers looked unusually sickly. One of the PMs suffered a nose bleed. The supplier was immediately dropped.

Apple is doing the right thing by diversifying their supply chain away from China.
Right and Apple inspected Foxcon plants in China and found that there were too many mass suicides from the roofs of it iPhone assembly plants so Apple made them put up anti-suicide nets. :roll:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:39 am

Right and Apple inspected Foxcon plants in China and found that there were too many mass suicides from the roofs of it iPhone assembly plants so Apple made them put up anti-suicide nets. :roll:
Fake news. The suicide rate per capita was no worse than the provincial mean.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:34 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:39 am

Fake news. The suicide rate per capita was no worse than the provincial mean.
Nice change up Zack. We were talking about Apple. Not the country as a whole. Whose suicide numbers as a whole are well undocumented.

Are you just trolling?
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:44 pm Nice change up Zack. We were talking about Apple. Not the country as a whole. Whose suicide numbers as a whole are well undocumented.

Are you just trolling?
What don't you understand about this?
The average rate of suicide in China is 22 per 100,000 people per year. That is, the suicide rate at Foxconn was under 5% of the general suicide rate of the Chinese population. It's extremely difficult to see why any blame should attach to Foxconn or Apple over this.
Sounds like Tim Cook is a freakin' hero. Now, how many of your coworkers have committed suicide over the years from having to explain every little thing to you a million times?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:28 am
Doc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:44 pm Nice change up Zack. We were talking about Apple. Not the country as a whole. Whose suicide numbers as a whole are well undocumented.

Are you just trolling?
What don't you understand about this?

Yeah you're trolling

https://www.eweek.com/mobile/apple-repo ... n-suicides

Apple Report Details Response to Foxconn Suicides

Throughout 2010, Apple completed first-time audits of 97 facilities and repeat audits of another 30, for an apparent total of 288 supplier facilities audited since 2007. The company's stated goals include preventing the hiring of underage workers, protecting the rights of immigrant workers, and mapping the use of potential conflict minerals such as tantalum and tungsten.
Hmm stated goals don't include lowering the number of suicides in the plant Just no underage workers Protection of immigrant and use of conflict minerals.... But hey considering that the latter two hardly apply to China and the former is already wide spread in China I mean what is a human life worth anyway, right Zack?
"Foxconn is not a sweatshop," Apple CEO Steve Jobs told conference goers at the All Things Digital conference in 2010, according to published reports. "You go in this place and it's a factory but, my gosh, they've got restaurants and movie theaters and hospitals and swimming pools. For a factory, it's pretty nice."
Yeah doesn't sound like a sweatshop to me Just a nice company owned coal camp

The average rate of suicide in China is 22 per 100,000 people per year. That is, the suicide rate at Foxconn was under 5% of the general suicide rate of the Chinese population. It's extremely difficult to see why any blame should attach to Foxconn or Apple over this.
Sounds like Tim Cook is a freakin' hero. Now, how many of your coworkers have committed suicide over the years from having to explain every little thing to you a million times?

More like you believe telling a lie a million times makes it becomes truth. How woke of you..
Following last summer's rash of suicides, Foxconn announced it would raise wages at the factory an average of 20 percent, even as it faced additional pressure from the Chinese government to address the situation and the worldwide media attention resulting from it.
So let me get this straight--- a totalitarian authoritarian government has to tell Apple that it needs to treat it slaves better? REALLY ZAC?

That sounds like a lose lose for you to me.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Germany moves in an attempt to influence Poland.

https://notesfrompoland.com/2023/10/20/ ... -eu-funds/
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila