Sweden

Parodite

Sweden

Post by Parodite »

Sweden is no haven of liberty
Even this supposedly liberal paradise has laws against saying offensive things.

Sweden is typically depicted as a liberal paradise, an evolved and open-minded society where tolerance and equality define public life. No one believes this more, it seems, than the Swedish authorities. The official website for Sweden even makes the proud claim that ‘openness shapes Swedish society’. This image of Sweden as tolerant and liberal suggests it is a nation that take freedoms seriously, which appreciates the importance of liberty. This is certainly what I was led to believe when I moved here six months ago.

But take a closer look at Swedish society and a different picture emerges. It is an image of a nation in which freedom of speech comes with numerous caveats, a society in which the reprimand ‘you can’t say that’ is on the edge of every conversation. Freedom of speech is all well and good, it seems, so long as it conforms to the expectations of polite society.

[...]
Deep down I'm very superficial
Endovelico

Re: Sweden

Post by Endovelico »

Northern Europeans are not naturally tolerant. Their tolerance is always imposed and compulsory, never freely practiced. BTW I always felt it weird that in a tolerant country one was punished for denying the holocaust or using the n----r word...
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:Northern Europeans are not naturally tolerant. Their tolerance is always imposed and compulsory, never freely practiced. BTW I always felt it weird that in a tolerant country one was punished for denying the holocaust or using the n----r word...
Very true. I think verbal violence (in all formats) is a wonderful alternative to physical violence. Like sports.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... x-attacks/
Police Launch ‘Don’t Touch Me’ Wristbands to Stop Migrant Sex Attacks in Sweden
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... x-attacks/
Snopes | Wristbands in Sweden
WHAT'S TRUE: Police in Sweden are distributing colored bracelets as a means of engaging young people and raising awareness about unwanted sexual advances.

WHAT'S FALSE: Swedish police did not create or distribute the bracelets in an attempt to dissuade refugees from raping Swedish women.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
WHAT'S TRUE: Police in Sweden are distributing colored bracelets as a means of engaging young people and raising awareness about unwanted sexual advances.

WHAT'S FALSE: Swedish police did not create or distribute the bracelets in an attempt to dissuade refugees from raping Swedish women.
Personally I am not a big fan of Snopes

SO here is a Swedish article from today
http://www.thelocal.se/20160704/fury-ov ... -festivals
Fury over rape reports at Swedish music festivals

Published: 04 Jul 2016 17:13 GMT+02:00
Facebook Twitter Google+ reddit

Swedish activists and politicians have spoken out after a spate of reported rapes and groping at weekend festivals.

Swedish police to hand out anti-groping armbands (29 Jun 16)

Five rapes and a number of sexual assaults were reported at the popular Bråvalla festival in Norrköping over the weekend. Meanwhile, at the Putte i Parken festival in Karlstad, at least 35 groping incidents were registered by police, including teenage boys grabbing the breasts of female audience members.

As The Local reported last week, police have been handing out anti-groping campaign bracelets ahead of the summer festival season, aimed at raising awareness to curb sexual harrassment among young people. But on Sunday and Monday, calls were being heard for officers and organizers to take stronger action.
There are plenty of articles about ME immigrants that have not assimilated in Europe acting as they would if they were back home and saw a women dressed in western fashion. Plenty of videos as well. Just as a reminder A CBS reporter was gang raped in a public mass demonstration in Tahrir square.

That the Swedish government doesn't want to talk about rape in relation to immigrants is not a solution to the problem. It is cultural suicide. Translation of the very real message the Swedish government is sending: "When in Rome do as the "barbarians" do"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

SO here is a Swedish article from today
http://www.thelocal.se/20160704/fury-ov ... -festivals
Fury over rape reports at Swedish music festivals

Published: 04 Jul 2016 17:13 GMT+02:00
Facebook Twitter Google+ reddit

Swedish activists and politicians have spoken out after a spate of reported rapes and groping at weekend festivals.

Swedish police to hand out anti-groping armbands (29 Jun 16)

Five rapes and a number of sexual assaults were reported at the popular Bråvalla festival in Norrköping over the weekend. Meanwhile, at the Putte i Parken festival in Karlstad, at least 35 groping incidents were registered by police, including teenage boys grabbing the breasts of female audience members.

As The Local reported last week, police have been handing out anti-groping campaign bracelets ahead of the summer festival season, aimed at raising awareness to curb sexual harrassment among young people. But on Sunday and Monday, calls were being heard for officers and organizers to take stronger action.
And . . . ?
Doc wrote: There are plenty of articles about ME immigrants that have not assimilated in Europe acting as they would if they were back home and saw a women dressed in western fashion. Plenty of videos as well. Just as a reminder A CBS reporter was gang raped in a public mass demonstration in Tahrir square.

That the Swedish government doesn't want to talk about rape in relation to immigrants is not a solution to the problem. It is cultural suicide. Translation of the very real message the Swedish government is sending: "When in Rome do as the "barbarians" do"
Perhaps.

However, the article you posted does not state the identity of the assailants beyond being male, and in several cases, young.

So it does not support your argument.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The Snopes article is self evidently false. You posted a self evidently false article. Snopes has no capability of reading the minds of Swedish police and wasted internet bandwidth.

Doc's point stands.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07 ... years-old/
‘Foreign Men’ Blamed After Mass Sex Assault At Music Festival, Youngest Victim Just 12 Years Old

Swedish police have received 35 complaints from young women after “foreign young men” went on an apparent two day rampage at a popular music festival, sexually assaulting young girls they found there.

The actual number of girls attacked during the weekend festival are thought to be much higher, as within many of the 35 reports received by police, there are thought to be multiple complainants. Police started to receive reports from young women during the Kalstad ‘Putte i Parken’ (Party in the Park) on Friday and Saturday night, reports Svenska Dagbladet, with 24 received during the festival and another 11 coming afterward.

The complaints are understood to focus on children being kissed, and “groped on the chest and buttocks”, according to a police source.

Early reports in Sweden’s mainstream press, including the best-selling AftonBladet newspaper simply identified the assailants as “unknown males”, however as victims and witnesses have come forward a clear picture of systematic abuse by migrants males has emerged.
These latest sex attacks against young European women by migrant males comes just days after Swedish police, mindful of the migrant sex attacks at the Stockholm music festival over the past two summers, launched a new “Don’t Touch Me” wrist-band for young girls.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:The Snopes article is self evidently false. You posted a self evidently false article. Snopes has no capability of reading the minds of Swedish police and wasted internet bandwidth.

Doc's point stands.
Not even wrong.

Sorry to burst your confirmation bias bubbles, but

The Local | Swedish police backtrack on refugee groping claim

At the moment, the identities of the perpetrators are far from clear.

Of course, that won't restrain the gutter press from speculating, as they know their click market.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Given their propensity to burst confirmation bias bubbles of both the right and left, they are disliked by a lot of people.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Given their propensity to burst confirmation bias bubbles of both the right and left, they are disliked by a lot of people.
I have seen them post highly biased conclusions several times. Including the article about the wrist bands.

Here is another that is inherently impossible yet Snopes takes the manager's word for it

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/carwash.asp

Don't believe its false?

Then give them a call:
carwash4.jpg
carwash4.jpg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:The Snopes article is self evidently false. You posted a self evidently false article. Snopes has no capability of reading the minds of Swedish police and wasted internet bandwidth.

Doc's point stands.
Not even wrong.

Of course, that won't restrain the gutter press from speculating, as they know their click market.
Govt officials routinely lie. Snopes has no more ability to read their minds than you or I.

Docs point stands and your article is not even wrong, self evidently false. I have no idea why you posted it.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I actually have real life Scandinavian friends and acquaintances. I work with a Swede, too. They are perplexed by the right wing fascination with their alleged immigrant problem. Everything is fine in Sweden and Norway, I am happy to report. Ignorant, poorly traveled Americans (not me, though, I lived in Denmark for 7 months and can report firsthand higher liberty and prosperity than American median) have it all wrong as usual.

Also, important to realize there are unfortunately many Nazi sympathizers in Sweden. By no means a large fraction of the population but it's a dark side they have struggled with for decades. Kind of like the US and Trump demographic. Happy to report most Scandinavians side with immigrants and will suppress Nazi/racist scum.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Doc's point stands.
Not even wrong.

Govt officials routinely lie. Snopes has no more ability to read their minds than you or I.

Docs point stands and your article is not even wrong, self evidently false. I have no idea why you posted it.

I disagree Snopes is biased.

Another example:

http://www.snopes.com/dick-morris-hillary-clinton/
Bill says: Hillary never wanted to run for public office, but she did want to work at public service.

The facts are: When Clinton was considering not running for another term as Governor of Arkansas in 1990, Hillary said she would run if he didn't. She and Bill even had me take two surveys to assess her chances of winning. The conclusion was that she couldn't win because people would just see her as a seat warmer for when Bill came back licking his wounds after losing for president. So she didn't run. Bill did and won. But there is no question she had her eye on public office, as opposed to service, long ago.

Determining exactly what Hillary Clinton's political aspirations might have been in the 1970s, or the 1990s, is rather difficult and subjective. However, determining what Bill Clinton actually said in the video is simple and doesn't match what Morris asserted:

[W]hen we met, over 35 years ago in law school, I was interested in public office, but she wasn't. She thought she'd never run for anything. She was just interested in public service
No it is not difficult and subjective it is well documented and easily found that she did indeed consider running for Arkansas governor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton
When Bill Clinton thought about not running again for governor in 1990, Hillary considered running, but private polls were unfavorable and, in the end, he ran and was re-elected for the final time

In other words Snopes is guilty of what it is claiming Morris is guilty of.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:I actually have real life Scandinavian friends and acquaintances. I work with a Swede, too. They are perplexed by the right wing fascination with their alleged immigrant problem. Everything is fine in Sweden and Norway, I am happy to report. Ignorant, poorly traveled Americans (not me, though, I lived in Denmark for 7 months and can report firsthand higher liberty and prosperity than American median) have it all wrong as usual.

Also, important to realize there are unfortunately many Nazi sympathizers in Sweden. By no means a large fraction of the population but it's a dark side they have struggled with for decades. Kind of like the US and Trump demographic. Happy to report most Scandinavians side with immigrants and will suppress Nazi/racist scum.
You don't know what you are talking. I grew up in a college town. I have known at least 100 Muslim students Probably more. For most of whom I was the only non Muslim American they regularly talked outside of school. Out of the group I think there were a total of five that actually like it here. Many stayed even though they did not like it. Basically they thought , and told me that the US was a moral cesspit That the women here were all whores. The only ones that didn't were the ones that liked it here. I will never forget the one that was married to an American woman. He was getting really fed up with the others talking bad about American woman since he was married to one. And the stories like the 1993 WTC bombing was a US government / Israeli plot. That the people convicted were set up That they either didn't do it or were entrapped into doing it.

But while they talked about how bad it was here. They talked even worse about how bad the governments were in their home countries and how the US should supporting the despots there so they could be over thrown.

Hence my comment on lack of gratitude from Muslims for the US trying to democratize the ME.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I've known lots of Muslims. Some were uncomfortable with our culture and preferred to return home but the numbers are the reverse of yours. The vast majority love this country and its freedoms. They have no more desire to live under Shariah than Jews do under Abrahamic law or Christians to outlaw divorce and gay sex.

I've also known Christians who can't stop complaining about the decadence of cities, or of modern society as a whole, and who want a return to -- get this -- Biblical governance :D

So not sure what conclusions you could possibly be drawing here.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Zack Morris wrote:I actually have real life Scandinavian friends and acquaintances. I work with a Swede, too. They are perplexed by the right wing fascination with their alleged immigrant problem. Everything is fine in Sweden and Norway, I am happy to report. Ignorant, poorly traveled Americans (not me, though, I lived in Denmark for 7 months and can report firsthand higher liberty and prosperity than American median) have it all wrong as usual.

You've been to Denmark, which has taken a pretty immigrant-unfriendly turn; and you're going on about Sweden.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc's point stands.
Not even wrong.

Asserting it is so does not make it so.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:

You don't know what you are talking. I grew up in a college town. I have known at least 100 Muslim students Probably more. For most of whom I was the only non Muslim American they regularly talked outside of school. Out of the group I think there were a total of five that actually like it here. Many stayed even though they did not like it. Basically they thought , and told me that the US was a moral cesspit That the women here were all whores.
If only . . .

Doc wrote:The only ones that didn't were the ones that liked it here. I will never forget the one that was married to an American woman. He was getting really fed up with the others talking bad about American woman since he was married to one. And the stories like the 1993 WTC bombing was a US government / Israeli plot. That the people convicted were set up That they either didn't do it or were entrapped into doing it.
No lack of crazy conspiracy theories about 9/11 from Americans born in the USA.
[But while they talked about how bad it was here. They talked even worse about how bad the governments were in their home countries and how the US should supporting the despots there so they could be over thrown.

Hence my comment on lack of gratitude from Muslims for the US trying to democratize the ME.
The US war actions in Iraq, justified by false claims, have lead to instability: ongoing civil and sectarian war and the rise of Daesh.

It is a bit naive to expect a thank you for such an outcome.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:I've known lots of Muslims. Some were uncomfortable with our culture and preferred to return home but the numbers are the reverse of yours. The vast majority love this country and its freedoms. They have no more desire to live under Shariah than Jews do under Abrahamic law or Christians to outlaw divorce and gay sex.

I've also known Christians who can't stop complaining about the decadence of cities, or of modern society as a whole, and who want a return to -- get this -- Biblical governance :D

So not sure what conclusions you could possibly be drawing here.
It is always someone else who is crazy.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Doc's point stands.
Not even wrong.

Another example:

http://www.snopes.com/dick-morris-hillary-clinton/
Bill says: Hillary never wanted to run for public office, but she did want to work at public service.

The facts are: When Clinton was considering not running for another term as Governor of Arkansas in 1990, Hillary said she would run if he didn't. She and Bill even had me take two surveys to assess her chances of winning. The conclusion was that she couldn't win because people would just see her as a seat warmer for when Bill came back licking his wounds after losing for president. So she didn't run. Bill did and won. But there is no question she had her eye on public office, as opposed to service, long ago.

Determining exactly what Hillary Clinton's political aspirations might have been in the 1970s, or the 1990s, is rather difficult and subjective. However, determining what Bill Clinton actually said in the video is simple and doesn't match what Morris asserted:

[W]hen we met, over 35 years ago in law school, I was interested in public office, but she wasn't. She thought she'd never run for anything. She was just interested in public service
No it is not difficult and subjective it is well documented and easily found that she did indeed consider running for Arkansas governor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton
When Bill Clinton thought about not running again for governor in 1990, Hillary considered running, but private polls were unfavorable and, in the end, he ran and was re-elected for the final time

In other words Snopes is guilty of what it is claiming Morris is guilty of.
Rather weak, to say the least.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: . . .

. . .
Well, we do agree on somthing :wink:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:

Doc's point stands.
Not even wrong.

Asserting it is so does not make it so.
I backed it up with rock solid argument. The Snopes article you posted is self evidently false (they have no ability to read anyone's mind), you posted a self evidently false article.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

5gOvT9dmpA4