Typhoon wrote:He kindly sent me the following
http://www.lrytas.lt/pramogos/tv-kinas/ ... aganda.htm
along with an English translation.
The relevant part is
"Atlikus tyrimą paaiškėjo, kad vos per keletą minučių iš vieno kompiuterio IP adreso buvo prabalsuota net 7438 kartus.
Tai sudaro net 67 proc. visų apklausoje registruotų balsų."
"Upon investigation, it was found that in course of several minutes 7438 votes originated from a single IP address.
This constituted 67 percent of all the registered votes."
So Doc's theory is correct.
Thanks for the precise and factual information, Colonel.
I agree, travel and meeting people from different countries is definitely a good protection against manipulation.
So let us correct the figures, assuming that all of the votes originating from that single IP address were for "Russia is telling the truth", that is 67% of answers, which leaves us with only the remaining 33% to compute the un-manipulated answers from Lithuanian viewers of that TV channel.
We get (82-67) / 33 = 45% of Lithuanians saying "Russia is telling the truth"
and 12 /33 = 36% of Lithuanians saying "Russian propaganda in Lithuania is increasing"
Yes, that is much more credible than the original "82%". Note incidentally that given Lithuanian "difficult" history with the Soviet Union, having 45% of the population agreeing more with the Russian rather than NATO position on Ukraine conflict is notable. Even accounting for the 6% of Lithuania's population which are Russians.