Italy

Heracleum Persicum

Italy

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Italy has one of the lowest rates of erectile dysfunction in Europe :lol:

Comparatively, the UK's National Health Service (NHS) estimates the condition affects half of all men between 40 and 70 in Britain.

Typhoon

Re: Italy

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Italy has one of the lowest rates of erectile dysfunction in Europe :lol:

Comparatively, the UK's National Health Service (NHS) estimates the condition affects half of all men between 40 and 70 in Britain.
Either that or they lie about it more.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Greece has the lowest rate of ED in Europe.

Most Greek men have a picture of Angela Merkel stashed somewhere in their bedroom.
YMix

Post by YMix »

The Wealthy in Florence Today Are the Same Families as 600 Years Ago

New research from a pair of Italian economists documents an extraordinary fact: The wealthiest families in Florence today are descended from the wealthiest families of Florence nearly 600 years ago.

The two economists — Guglielmo Barone and Sauro Mocetti of the Bank of Italy — compared data on Florentine taxpayers in 1427 against tax data in 2011. Because Italian surnames are highly regional and distinctive, they could compare the income of families with a certain surname today, to those with the same surname in 1427. They found that the occupations, income and wealth of those distant ancestors with the same surname can help predict the occupation, income and wealth of their descendants today.

[...]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i wonder how much of that is the fact that the rich bloodlines had truckloads of kids back in the day and nearly everyone in florence is a medici (or simmilar) now :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -Khan.html
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i wonder how much of that is the fact that the rich bloodlines had truckloads of kids back in the day and nearly everyone in florence is a medici (or simmilar) now :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -Khan.html
You are ruining the narrative published by the author. Stop it!

Excellent point made by at least one commenter. Rags to riches to rags in 3 generations is a common experience in America.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

W-zM7Yfv7_g

Reuters | Italy center-right divisions widen as [Northern] League beats anti-euro drum
Europe can go f*ck itself.
ROME (Reuters) - The leader of Italy’s far-right Northern League on Tuesday called the euro “a failed experiment” and presented outspoken anti-euro economists among his election candidates, widening divisions with his ally Silvio Berlusconi.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Spectator | Italians aren’t fascists. They’re angry about immigration
Amid relentless propaganda about Italy being in the grip of fascism, Italians go to the polls on Sunday. It will be an attempt to produce their first elected prime minister since 2008, when Silvio Berlusconi won. Since his resignation in 2011, Italy has had four unelected leaders.

Italy’s migrant crisis has dominated these elections, . . .
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Leftists being exposed for the true evil they are.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/fore ... oup-italy/
Italian President Sergio Mattarella on Sunday barred a coalition of euroskeptic parties from forming a government despite a clear mandate handed down by voters earlier this spring. The move amounted to nothing less than a bloodless coup d’état and laid bare the naked contempt for the vox populi among the Italian and European liberal establishment. Talk about liberalism without democracy.

The populist Five Star Movement (M5S) won the largest single share of ballots in March’s general election, followed by the hard-right League led by Matteo Salvini. Founded by a comedian, the M5S blends whimsical environmentalism–zero fossil fuels by 2050!–with hard-line anti-immigration and euroskeptic policies. The League, meanwhile, is a more conventional right-wing nationalist party in the mold of the National Front in France.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

kmich

Post by kmich »

noddy

Post by noddy »

Much of the Right hates em for being the face of globalism and multiculturism, and far too many Left hates em for being the face of global capitalism and the middle eastern conflicts.

Its increasingly difficult to feel confident in just how our societies become relaxed and tolerant again, all the voices for that are "Ok Boomer" types, clumsily expressing empty dogmas from a previous age.
ultracrepidarian
kmich

Post by kmich »

noddy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:29 am Much of the Right hates em for being the face of globalism and multiculturism, and far too many Left hates em for being the face of global capitalism and the middle eastern conflicts.

Its increasingly difficult to feel confident in just how our societies become relaxed and tolerant again, all the voices for that are "Ok Boomer" types, clumsily expressing empty dogmas from a previous age.
Policy and political differences are not that important with hatred. Hatred transforms fear and uncertainty into feelings of empowerment and that is its essential function.   Assorted dogmas are secondary justifications that provide fertile opportunities for those seeking power by championing shared grievances and identifying convenient scapegoats. The Russian pogroms at the beginning of the 20th century were supportive of the Tsarist autocracy by channeling popular fears and discontent into the traditional hatred of Jews.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:12 pm
noddy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:29 am Much of the Right hates em for being the face of globalism and multiculturism, and far too many Left hates em for being the face of global capitalism and the middle eastern conflicts.

Policy and political differences are not that important with hatred. Hatred transforms fear and uncertainty into feelings of empowerment and that is its essential function.   Assorted dogmas are secondary justifications that provide fertile opportunities for those seeking power by championing shared grievances and identifying convenient scapegoats. The Russian pogroms at the beginning of the 20th century were supportive of the Tsarist autocracy by channeling popular fears and discontent into the traditional hatred of Jews.

Whoever is taking advantage of it, it is pure tribalism.

Look at Yugoslavia several different ethnic groups living side by side for generations. Then the central government breaks down and the old tribal ways return. In Bosnia it was choose sides or die.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

Its so predictable that when you put a population under stress and insecurity that these folks come out of the gutter and start becoming more visible.

the problem is how can this be addressed - taking racist idiots seriously is outside the scope of reasonable behaviour and isolating yourself from all their poltiics is the first step of identifying as being on the other team, the team of decent people.

this leaves the loonies in control of the narrative for everyone in society who isnt part of the stable middle class world.

Too many folks live week to week and are one set of bills away from being homeless, they arent feeling insecure on current trends for no reason.

this doesnt justify antisemitism or racism, its just obvious now that the conditions in which those things flourish are the conditions in which the bottom half of the middle class loses a bit of carefactor in clamping down on those sorts of people.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:12 am Its so predictable that when you put a population under stress and insecurity that these folks come out of the gutter and start becoming more visible.

the problem is how can this be addressed - taking racist idiots seriously is outside the scope of reasonable behaviour and isolating yourself from all their poltiics is the first step of identifying as being on the other team, the team of decent people.

this leaves the loonies in control of the narrative for everyone in society who isnt part of the stable middle class world.

Too many folks live week to week and are one set of bills away from being homeless, they arent feeling insecure on current trends for no reason.

this doesnt justify antisemitism or racism, its just obvious now that the conditions in which those things flourish are the conditions in which the bottom half of the middle class loses a bit of carefactor in clamping down on those sorts of people.
People have to stand up to them. Not with violence like antifa But resolutely enough that the message gets through.

I noticed that crime in Dallas when I lived there was at least partly fueled by the constant reporting of it on local TV. People were afraid to go out after dark. Thus leaving the streets to the criminals. Leaving the rest of the population imprisoned in their homes. People didn't go out that much other than go to parties at their friend's houses.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

k2_zDVi48Yw

If anything, the end of dull spineless burocracy in Europe seems over with Ceasarita biting the airwaves.
Deep down I'm very superficial
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Wow, that was refreshing! She seems to be having fun at it, too.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

crashtech66 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 pm Wow, that was refreshing! She seems to be having fun at it, too.
2nded.

Reality-based common-sense.

Typical US MSM headlines: "Fascism returns to Italy", "Extreme Right wins in Italy".
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:47 am
crashtech66 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 pm Wow, that was refreshing! She seems to be having fun at it, too.
2nded.

Reality-based common-sense.

Typical US MSM headlines: "Fascism returns to Italy", "Extreme Right wins in Italy".

Fascism not fascism used 2B :lol:

What is now happening is :

Europeans now realizing the damage US did to Europe .. and .. voting accordingly

Europe thinks Russia is part of European culture and economy, Europe sees in Russia and China market for European goods and technology etc etc

What will now happen is , Europeans now will vote more and more either hard right or hard left .. leaving the center

That will bring to power politicians that will start the "decoupling" Europe from US , this needs generation or two

Its time now Europe becomes his own man

Recent French presidential election was just a warning .. Scholz faction will lose in Germany
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The significance of the shift to the right in Europe is that people are waking up to the reality of global techno-burocratic fascism with big-brother surveillance technology, social credit scores China style, ESGs to control finance and business, digital currencies looming for ultimate centralized broad-spectrum control.

The package of Meloni is "God, country and family” which is how it connects to Italian traditions and values. Very anti-woke and anti-globalism.

Also useful is her critical attitude towards the financial industry; the globalist gangster prankster banksters that she keeps referring to as “speculators” which is not a bad summary. I don’t think she is anti-Capitalist; more likely she thinks banksters have way too much power.

I suspect that her sentimental ties with Mussolini’s Fascism is specifically the "no external force should ever control our territory” part. The tribe is of higher order than the individual in Italy. Communal values supersede individual rights but at the same time the tribe must protect the citizen, like a good parent taking care of the children. At least for now she completely embraces human rights, freedom of speech and expression, democracy. she is pro-NATO and supporting Ukraine against Vlad the Mad rapist.

This one part I really like about Europe and its long history: all attempts by contemporary locals to dominate other tribes and create European Empire have failed. Of course the Roman Empire succeeded for quite a long time, but in the end Europe always defaults back to a tribal neighborhood that it basically is. Too many tribal knuckleheads who have for centuries engaged in pre-Olympic games of conquer-and-defend, making each other completely miserable. There is good apetite to forget about Empire and just leaving each other alone.. as neighbors respecting each other. EU / The United States of Europe is the latest attempt of Empire, but the cracks are now significant. Fail.

Meloni has it all; she talks like a Caesar incarnate ready to restart the Roman Empire (if the small inferior European tribes don’t shut up and start to behave: she has sufficient arrogance); she is the mother of the Nation ready to protect the children against intruders and rapists (with the blessings of the Italian matriarch of course: Jesus’ mother Maria); she disinfects toxic woke ideologies with their own medicine: she is pro-freedom, pro-women, pro-independence, pro-community.

I believe women are better at defeating other women; it takes one to know one. Sometimes men have to take a step back. Cancel-culture and woke-ism are by and large (white) female brands and activities. Meloni will be quite effective in the anti-globalist and anti-woke battle with an international impact as she will shake and challenge quite some brains.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Parodite wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:00 am(snip)...I believe women are better at defeating other women; it takes one to know one. Sometimes men have to take a step back. Cancel-culture and woke-ism are by and large (white) female brands and activities. Meloni will be quite effective in the anti-globalist and anti-woke battle with an international impact as she will shake and challenge quite some brains.
This part in particular I find interesting. Although afaik, "wokeism" started in academia, the way it is being implemented does resemble the way in which women are more likely to do battle with one another, with reputational destruction instead of fists. On one hand you avoid the messiness of a bloody confrontation, on the other, the damage wrought by having one's name dragged through the mud is often more severe and longer lasting than, say, a broken nose.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

crashtech66 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:45 pm
Parodite wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:00 am(snip)...I believe women are better at defeating other women; it takes one to know one. Sometimes men have to take a step back. Cancel-culture and woke-ism are by and large (white) female brands and activities. Meloni will be quite effective in the anti-globalist and anti-woke battle with an international impact as she will shake and challenge quite some brains.
This part in particular I find interesting. Although afaik, "wokeism" started in academia, the way it is being implemented does resemble the way in which women are more likely to do battle with one another, with reputational destruction instead of fists. On one hand you avoid the messiness of a bloody confrontation, on the other, the damage wrought by having one's name dragged through the mud is often more severe and longer lasting than, say, a broken nose.
Indeed. Question is also how/why it is that many men and corporations embraced this habit or follow its dictats. I tend to start with: follow the money. That usually explains 80+% of it all. Plus the fear of losing what you have, like a secure job that allows you pay your bills.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »