Romania

YMix

Re: Romania

Post by YMix »

A young member of the almost defunct Greater Romania Party (PRM) has posted some pictures on her FB account in an interesting attempt to raise the party's... profile.

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

YMix wrote:.

A young member of the almost defunct Greater Romania Party (PRM) has posted some pictures on her FB account in an interesting attempt to raise the party's... profile.

If she thinkin she raisin anything by this pics, she badly mistaken.

In contrary

She no raisin anythin, let alone "Greater Romania Party (PRM)" profile.

Romania can offer much better than this :lol:

YMix

Post by YMix »

An Honest Cop, and His Facebook Celebrity, Take Romania by Surprise

[...]

The officer stuck to his standards. In February, he fined the driver of a local councilor for failing to stop at a crosswalk, almost hitting a girl. When the councilor, in the car at the time, complained, Officer Godina’s bosses called him in to say he shouldn’t have fined the driver and that he had been disrespectful. A disciplinary inquiry was launched, which Officer Godina chronicled on Facebook, posting the recording of his conversation with the driver.

His fans were outraged. Around a hundred policemen from across Romania showed up in Brasov to support him, sporting bumper stickers reading “I am Godina.”

“His bosses totally underestimated Facebook, they had no clue how powerful it is,” said Alexandru Berbecariu, a 16-year-old high-school student in Brasov, who repeatedly said Officer Godina was “awesome.”

The scandal was picked up in national media. In the following weeks, the local councilor resigned, while the head of the Brasov police and one of his deputies went into early retirement.

Anticorruption prosecutors have launched an investigation into abuse of power. The two police bosses and the councilor deny any wrongdoing. Liviu Naghi, spokesman for the Brasov police, said that Officer Godina’s accusations “look good on Facebook” but that they “need to be proven, with evidence, by the prosecutor.”

[...]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Good to see that social media can occasionally also be a force for good.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Geek takes on Romanian establishment

The unlikely campaign of a mathematician dedicated to saving Bucharest from the developers — and the politicians.
Voted for him this morning. He'll probably lose, though.
noddy

Post by noddy »

“He is running for the specialized companies who can renovate historic buildings,” said Gheorghe Grătar, a taxi driver who believes everyone lies to get elected.
:-)

as for developing old buildings, im somewhat schizo on that in the sense i do appreciate some suburbs maintaining the best of the old stuff but on principle i prefer people actually being able to own their properties and change them as they see fit.

in my area its somewhat sane in the sense the suburbs with the best of the old mansions maintain them and the rest of the place is full steam ahead.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

I wouldn't mind new developments if the real estate sharks were kept under some control. Sadly, that's not the case around here. If it were up to them, there wouldn't be a park left in the city.
noddy

Post by noddy »

parkland is a different to me aswell, its public infrastructure, and their should be rules that keep it from being changed into private profits.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

There are. Doesn't seem to stop them.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:There are. Doesn't seem to stop them.
There are ways to make them feel very uncomfortable and stop what they are doing... There have to be :roll: Let's think out of the box a bit... :twisted:
Deep down I'm very superficial
YMix

Post by YMix »

Certainly. One of the things that got the Save Bucharest Union (USB) up and running was an attempt by a sonofabitch to build four towers in Cișmigiu (let's call it Bucharest's small equivalent of the Central Park). Some people mobilized and made a ruckus and the public opinion was so overwhelmingly opposed to the idea that the businessman and the prospective bribe-takers in the City Hall had to back down. But there are dozens if not hundreds of other cases that nobody does anything about.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:Certainly. One of the things that got the Save Bucharest Union (USB) up and running was an attempt by a sonofabitch to build four towers in Cișmigiu (let's call it Bucharest's small equivalent of the Central Park). Some people mobilized and made a ruckus and the public opinion was so overwhelmingly opposed to the idea that the businessman and the prospective bribe-takers in the City Hall had to back down. But there are dozens if not hundreds of other cases that nobody does anything about.
But for one person/investigative journalist it is possible to track 'm down, who they are what they did and do.. and expose them on some national hall of shame website? People also love gossip... should attract some nice amounts of visitors and have political clout.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Maybe.

I should write something about Sunday's local elections, but it's too depressing. Maybe later.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:Maybe.

I should write something about Sunday's local elections, but it's too depressing. Maybe later.
Good luck. Feel the Force be with you.

This domain is free btw: www.national-hall-of-shame.com A lot of countries could fit in there and thousands of Dalton Brother gangster bankster pranksters be exposed to the suffering rest of the world.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Clotilde Armand – the Frenchwoman who wants to change the face of politics in Romania

Clotilde Armand is a French woman aiming to change the face of local politics in Romania. It started with a love affair, two love affairs actually. There is the Romanian man, now her husband and then there is the city of Bucharest.

She stood as the Mayoral candidate for one of the richest sectors of the city. Exit polls had her ahead in the ballot only for the official results to declare she had come second.

Romanian politics have been marked by corruption. Clotilde Armand will have none of it. Her and the new party she represents are on a mission.

[...]
YMix

Post by YMix »

Went on Friday to a small Bucharest museum with a friend. Found this (apologies for the poor quality of these pictures):

It's a Jewish funerary tray of some kind, but the writing is allegedly Farsi. Azari, could you put your Persian supremacy to good use here?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Former General Victor Atanasie Stănculescu, the man who organized the trial and execution of Nicolae Ceaușescu and his wife, died today at the age of 88. He was one of the most significant figures of the events of December, 1989.
YMix

Post by YMix »

eZCIYmoq-wE
Heracleum Persicum

YMix wrote:.

Went on Friday to a small Bucharest museum with a friend. Found this (apologies for the poor quality of these pictures):

It's a Jewish funerary tray of some kind, but the writing is allegedly Farsi. Azari, could you put your Persian supremacy to good use here ?

The 2nd picture, on the right side , it is "farsi", though blurred

In the Ottoman empire, the official court and administrative language was "Persian" .. meaning, Persian writing and language brought to all Ottoman Balkan by Ottomans .. all this changed when Atta-Turk took over .. a big mistake .. now Turkey, neither European nor eastern, a vacuum of culture.

noddy

Post by noddy »

tIt was a highly inefficent corporate structure, therefor the tribute ring of dogbert around the outer edge.

ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:tIt was a highly inefficent corporate structure, therefor the tribute ring of dogbert around the outer edge.

some religions survive longer than others.....
YMix

Post by YMix »

Church rocked by scandal! At least according to some people.

The Crete Pan-Orthodox Synod is causing problems around here. Some priests are in revolt against the leaders of the Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR) for signing the Synod statements, which they see as the work of evil people who push the ecumenical, globalist, masonic and "chip" agenda ("chip" means a bunch of technologies, from banking cards and bar codes, to RFID and the Internet of Things - all of them come from Satan). Unsurprisingly, the protest movement is spearheaded by Moldovan priests. Did I mention that Moldova is poor, drunk and religious?

I don't expect much to come of it, but I don't expect the diehard anti-ecumenical crowd to go away either. Mr. Perfect would love these conservatives. However, they would not love him back because he's an unrepentant heretic.
Heracleum Persicum

United States has begun evacuating the tactical nuclear weapons Turkish air base Incirlik
and is transporting them to US bases in Romania.

Moscow is rapidly expanding its air force footprint in the region with a new base in Iran following its facility in Syria. Advanced bombers and fighters are stepping up operations in both countries, while Russian warships carrying Kalibr cruise missiles gather in the Mediterranean and Caspian Seas.

DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources report that Washington decided to remove the nuclear arsenal to safety after talks between American and Turkish talks on release 1,500 US airmen serving at the base from the siege clamped down a month ago broke down. The airmen were running the US air campaign against ISIS in in Syria just 112km away.

The talks ground to a halt over Turkish insistence on assuming control of the nuclear arsenal and America’s rejection of this demand.
The 50-70 B61 tactical gravity nuclear bombs were stored in underground bunkers close to the US bombers’ air strips. Although this was not fully admitted by Washington, the US air and ground crews were held intermittently in lockdown since the President Tayyip Erdogan suppressed a military coup against him a month ago.

The deteriorations of relations between Ankara and Washington contrasted strongly with the Turkish-
Russian rapprochement, which Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin sealed in St. Petersburg on Aug.8. Since then, there have been calls for the Russian Air Force to be allowed to displace the US warplanes at Incirlik. This process has now begun.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

United States has begun evacuating the tactical nuclear weapons Turkish air base Incirlik
and is transporting them to US bases in Romania.

Moscow is rapidly expanding its air force footprint in the region with a new base in Iran following its facility in Syria. Advanced bombers and fighters are stepping up operations in both countries, while Russian warships carrying Kalibr cruise missiles gather in the Mediterranean and Caspian Seas.

DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources report that Washington decided to remove the nuclear arsenal to safety after talks between American and Turkish talks on release 1,500 US airmen serving at the base from the siege clamped down a month ago broke down. The airmen were running the US air campaign against ISIS in in Syria just 112km away.

The talks ground to a halt over Turkish insistence on assuming control of the nuclear arsenal and America’s rejection of this demand.
The 50-70 B61 tactical gravity nuclear bombs were stored in underground bunkers close to the US bombers’ air strips. Although this was not fully admitted by Washington, the US air and ground crews were held intermittently in lockdown since the President Tayyip Erdogan suppressed a military coup against him a month ago.

The deteriorations of relations between Ankara and Washington contrasted strongly with the Turkish-
Russian rapprochement, which Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin sealed in St. Petersburg on Aug.8. Since then, there have been calls for the Russian Air Force to be allowed to displace the US warplanes at Incirlik. This process has now begun.
Aside from a dubious article or two, I can't find anything on this. Well, there's also the vehement denial issued by the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It's Debka, the World Weekly News of geopolitical reporting.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.