Russia

Alexis

You've been Recognized!

Post by Alexis »

Simple Minded wrote:Us Dicks need to stick together! ;)

Bad visual I know..... sorry! :(

Simple Minded, NapLajoieonSteroids, Gentlemen!

Have you by any chance played a role in this video?

qJmgLqQ-uog

Sorry, but you've been recognized!
Simple Minded

Re: You've been Recognized!

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Us Dicks need to stick together! ;)

Bad visual I know..... sorry! :(

Simple Minded, NapLajoieonSteroids, Gentlemen!

Have you by any chance played a role in this video?

qJmgLqQ-uog

Sorry, but you've been recognized!
That looks like a great place to live. the people are so friendly & helpful.

What's mine is yours & what's yours is mine!

What's not to like?
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Russia

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Alexis

Greece and Russia strike a deal

Post by Alexis »

While Yanis Varoufakis the Greek finance minister is discussing with his European counterparts and IMF director Christine Lagarde loses her composure ("We need adults in the room", public comment yesterday)...

... Alexis Tsipras is in Moscow, signing a deal with Russia to build a pipeline in Greece from Turkey bringing Russian gas to Europe.

Coincidence of the dates is useful for the Greek prime minister, in advance of next Monday European Council when the issue of Greek debt and agreement is expected to be tackled - or not. This deal with Russia sends a powerful message, since obviously EU authorities along with Washington are fully against it, at the same time as it helps preparing the economic future of Greece.

Not too displeased, Vladimir, eh?
Heracleum Persicum

2351492_pic_970x641.jpg
2351492_pic_970x641.jpg (139.59 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Putin Allies Aided Russian Mafia in Spain, Prosecutors Say
Some of Vladimir Putin’s closest allies, including the chairman of OAO Gazprom, a deputy premier and two former ministers, helped one of Russia’s largest criminal groups operate out of Spain for more than a decade, prosecutors in Madrid say.
In other news, the sky is blue, the grass is green, and water is wet.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Atlant

Post by Endovelico »

The new Russian Atlant airship

Artist's impression
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

That tower tied under the airship doesn't look very safe.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

sure hope they spent more on engineers than they did graphic artists, ive seen kids do better in minutes.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Jews Are Fleeing Russia Because Of Putin
Spooked by Russia's actions in Ukraine and by the increasingly stringent punishments for anyone deemed critical of the Kremlin,
Russians of Jewish descent have been fleeing in droves over the past 18 months.
There goes the intelligentsia.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Jews Are Fleeing Russia Because Of Putin
Spooked by Russia's actions in Ukraine and by the increasingly stringent punishments for anyone deemed critical of the Kremlin,
What a racist statement! Jews = intelligentsia

I am so happy I have Jewish ancestors! I love being part of the intelligentsia!... :D
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

Shoe shining again ? ? ?

The Moscow Times

http://www.ibtimes.com/putin-urged-allo ... ea-1993819

Putin Urged to Repatriate Up to 40,000 Jews in Crimea

President Vladimir Putin should allow 40,000 Jews living abroad and other migrants who left Crimea before it was annexed from Ukraine by Russia in 2014 to return home and obtain Russian citizenship, the head of the Crimean branch of the Russian Communist Party told The Moscow Times on Wednesday.

Leonid Grach said in a phone interview that he has sent a formal request to the president asking him to ease the complex procedure repatriates have to go through in order to obtain Russian citizenship and settle permanently in the country.

Up to 40,000 Jews could resettle in Crimea, encouraged by the peninsula's return to Moscow's control, Grach said, citing a figure he said he had been given by Alexander Redko, leader of the pro-Russian Progressive Liberal-Democratic party of Israel.

Speaking to The Moscow Times, Redko confirmed the figure, saying that at least 500 people had contacted him asking him to help them resettle in Crimea.

"About 40,000 Crimean Jews left the peninsula, along with other nationals, during Soviet times, and also after it became part of the independent Ukrainian state," said Redko in a phone interview.

"Many people left Crimea after they lost what they felt was their motherland. Today we ask Putin to grant them easy access to Russian citizenship," he said.

According to Redko, his party was registered in 2002, but has never been successful in winning seats in Israel's legislature, the Knesset.

The popular Russian-language Israel-based news website Newsru.co.il put Redko's claim in doubt, reporting on Wednesday that no surge of Russian Jews wishing to repatriate to Crimea had been observed.

Grach, a veteran pro-Russian politician who served in the Ukrainian parliament in 2002-2012, said Crimea needs competent people who would help it revive its economy.

"Today we see that criminals have come to power in Crimea, so we have a deficit of good state managers who have lived in a lawful state," said Grach.

"In Israel, there are people who own their own business, who are successful and who can come and develop Crimea," he said.

Crimea has been plagued by a series of corruption scandals in the last week, with several high-ranking officials arrested on suspicion of economic crime. Sergei Aksyonov, the peninsula's prime minister since its takeover by Russian troops last February, has been named as a former gangster in some news reports.

The Crimean peninsula, including the city of Sevastopol, were annexed by Russia in March 2014 after a shotgun referendum that was not recognized by the Ukrainian government in Kiev or by most countries around the world. Western countries have imposed sanctions against Russia over the move.

In Russia, however, the annexation was met with widespread jubilance at both a political and public level. Putin's approval rating soared following the move, and continues to remain at a record high.

Ukrainians (and Poles and Baltics) are the most VICIOS anti-Semite, those Jews killed in Ukraine and Baltic and Poland were killed mostly by local people .. a handful German SS supervised but the real atrocities were done by Ukrainians and Poles etc .. all these calling themselves Jews in Israel ran away from Ukraine and and (Natayahu is an ethnic Ukrainian).

CS, we in internet age .. all info, history etc, free of charge and on one's fingertip .. we not anymore in information dark ages that lies and distortion and silly spins and propaganda would win the day.

You no dealin with fools (anymore).

Cheap cold war propaganda lost traction, effect contrary

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Typhoon wrote:.

Shoe shining again ? ? ?

The Moscow Times

http://www.ibtimes.com/putin-urged-allo ... ea-1993819

Putin Urged to Repatriate Up to 40,000 Jews in Crimea

President Vladimir Putin should allow 40,000 Jews living abroad and other migrants who left Crimea before it was annexed from Ukraine by Russia in 2014 to return home and obtain Russian citizenship, the head of the Crimean branch of the Russian Communist Party told The Moscow Times on Wednesday.

Leonid Grach said in a phone interview that he has sent a formal request to the president asking him to ease the complex procedure repatriates have to go through in order to obtain Russian citizenship and settle permanently in the country.

Up to 40,000 Jews could resettle in Crimea, encouraged by the peninsula's return to Moscow's control, Grach said, citing a figure he said he had been given by Alexander Redko, leader of the pro-Russian Progressive Liberal-Democratic party of Israel.

Speaking to The Moscow Times, Redko confirmed the figure, saying that at least 500 people had contacted him asking him to help them resettle in Crimea.

"About 40,000 Crimean Jews left the peninsula, along with other nationals, during Soviet times, and also after it became part of the independent Ukrainian state," said Redko in a phone interview.

"Many people left Crimea after they lost what they felt was their motherland. Today we ask Putin to grant them easy access to Russian citizenship," he said.

According to Redko, his party was registered in 2002, but has never been successful in winning seats in Israel's legislature, the Knesset.

The popular Russian-language Israel-based news website Newsru.co.il put Redko's claim in doubt, reporting on Wednesday that no surge of Russian Jews wishing to repatriate to Crimea had been observed.

Grach, a veteran pro-Russian politician who served in the Ukrainian parliament in 2002-2012, said Crimea needs competent people who would help it revive its economy.

"Today we see that criminals have come to power in Crimea, so we have a deficit of good state managers who have lived in a lawful state," said Grach.

"In Israel, there are people who own their own business, who are successful and who can come and develop Crimea," he said.

Crimea has been plagued by a series of corruption scandals in the last week, with several high-ranking officials arrested on suspicion of economic crime. Sergei Aksyonov, the peninsula's prime minister since its takeover by Russian troops last February, has been named as a former gangster in some news reports.

The Crimean peninsula, including the city of Sevastopol, were annexed by Russia in March 2014 after a shotgun referendum that was not recognized by the Ukrainian government in Kiev or by most countries around the world. Western countries have imposed sanctions against Russia over the move.

In Russia, however, the annexation was met with widespread jubilance at both a political and public level. Putin's approval rating soared following the move, and continues to remain at a record high.

Ukrainians (and Poles and Baltics) are the most VICIOS anti-Semite, those Jews killed in Ukraine and Baltic and Poland were killed mostly by local people .. a handful German SS supervised but the real atrocities were done by Ukrainians and Poles etc .. all these calling themselves Jews in Israel ran away from Ukraine and and (Natayahu is an ethnic Ukrainian).

CS, we in internet age .. all info, history etc, free of charge and on one's fingertip .. we not anymore in information dark ages that lies and distortion and silly spins and propaganda would win the day.

You no dealin with fools (anymore).

Cheap cold war propaganda lost traction, effect contrary

Jews to be "sent" to "resettle" Crimea? Oh sure, right after Bat Boy and his descendants do so.

Anti-semitism was official policy in the former Russian Empire. The Tsar personally pardoned perpetrators of pogroms.

This meme continued to persist through the Communist era during the Stalin Reign of Terror and afterwards and is experiencing an alarming resurgence today:

Anti-Semitism and the New Russian Idea

Ukrainian rights group blasts Russia for faking anti-Semitic news
While anti-Semitic vandalism has risen in Ukraine over 2014, the overall level of anti-Semitic incidents lags far behind western European nations like Belgium and France.
On the other hand, as I learned during my trip to the Baltics, Vilna/Vilnius was the "New Jerusalem" until the Nazis showed up.
The Jews having been invited to Lithuania* to settle by one of the Lithuanian rulers centuries ago, who recognized and appreciated their abilities,
The Jews had freedom of religion and freedom from persecution:

Warsaw Confederation

Until the Nazi invasion, the Jews had recognition and representation at the highest levels of government in Lithuania.

The surviving Litvaks and their descendants of the diaspora went on to what can only be described as incredible success in all fields, especially so in the sciences.

Today: World Centre for Yiddish Studies at Vilnius University

*along with the Muslim Tatars

Just outside of Vilnius.

Lithuanian Muslim Tatar:

The existence of such as state did not sit well with the autocratic hereditary monarchies in the rest of Europe and no effort was spared to wipe all traces of it out from history.

83hwEc7B9CI
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Jews Are Fleeing Russia Because Of Putin
What a racist statement!
What "race" are you referring to?
Endovelico wrote: Jews = intelligentsia
What can I do? It is what it is.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:
Since there are no Japanese Jews I suppose we must assume that there is no intelligentsia in Japan... :twisted:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Since there are no Japanese Jews I suppose we must assume that there is no intelligentsia in Japan... :twisted:
:lol: Well, I did have the historical and current situation in Russia in mind . . .

. . . although I do know several very successful Hakka Chinese in Japan, the Hakka often being referred to as the "Jews of Asia". Positive connotations only.
Does that count?

History of the Jews in Japan

There is even a crackpot hypothesis: Japanese-Jewish common ancestry theory
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:That tower tied under the airship doesn't look very safe.
I assumed that they had landed on a power pylon by accident . . .

the airborne version of a Russian road video.

Or a modern art performance of a scene from a story by Henry Miller . . .
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Hatred Toward Russia Turns Western Leaders ‘Incredibly Stupid’
Politics 18:17 08.07.2015(updated 19:21 08.07.2015)

Western leaders are so blinded by their hatred toward Russia and Vladimir Putin that they have started taking absurd and miscalculated steps, French journalist Ronald Zonca said in Boulevard Voltaire.

Instead of building a favorable economic partnership with the BRICS members, the West alienates a potential ally in Moscow. If France continues to thoughtlessly follow NATO policies, soon everyone in the world will hate it, as they do the United States, Zonca said.

Instead of trying to work out a deal with the BRICS members, the EU prefers to close itself in "Brussels' coffin."

"Hate makes people not only blind and deaf, but also incredibly stupid," Zonca wrote in Boulevard Voltaire.

Western leaders long ago became the "bundles of hatred" who blindly force NATO principles on everyone. Russia became the target of this policy of hatred because it has an independent position established by the interests of the Russian people, the French journalist said.

European leaders envy Vladimir Putin. Compared to him, they feel their mediocrity and weakness, dictated by their service to NATO and the United States. The Russian President has overwhelming support among his own people, something most Western leaders lack. The only thing European leaders can do is try to undermine Putin's popularity and charisma. They envy the Russian leader and their hatred towards him and Russia only keeps increasing. People tend to hate things that they can't have themselves, Zonca explained.

http://sputniknews.com/politics/2015070 ... 77578.html
Their stupidity is becoming obvious to an increasing number of people...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:

Western leaders are so blinded by their hatred toward Russia and Vladimir Putin that they have started taking absurd and miscalculated steps, French journalist Ronald Zonca said in Boulevard Voltaire.

Instead of building a favorable economic partnership with the BRICS members, the West alienates a potential ally in Moscow. If France continues to thoughtlessly follow NATO policies, soon everyone in the world will hate it, as they do the United States, Zonca said.

Instead of trying to work out a deal with the BRICS members, the EU prefers to close itself in "Brussels' coffin."

"Hate makes people not only blind and deaf, but also incredibly stupid," Zonca wrote in Boulevard Voltaire.

Western leaders long ago became the "bundles of hatred" who blindly force NATO principles on everyone. Russia became the target of this policy of hatred because it has an independent position established by the interests of the Russian people, the French journalist said.

European leaders envy Vladimir Putin. Compared to him, they feel their mediocrity and weakness, dictated by their service to NATO and the United States. The Russian President has overwhelming support among his own people, something most Western leaders lack. The only thing European leaders can do is try to undermine Putin's popularity and charisma. They envy the Russian leader and their hatred towards him and Russia only keeps increasing. People tend to hate things that they can't have themselves, Zonca explained.

All two of them.

Radio Moscow reports: Our dear listeners write, "Why does our glorious motherland only have two newspapers?"

Radio Moscow replies: Dear listeners, the answer is quite simply. In Pravda [Truth] there is no news, while in Izvestia [News] there is no truth.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

All two of them.

Radio Moscow reports: Our dear listeners write, "Why does our glorious motherland only have two newspapers?"

Radio Moscow replies: Dear listeners, the answer is quite simply. In Pravda [Truth] there is no news, while in Izvestia [News] there is no truth.
"Hate makes people not only blind and deaf, but also incredibly stupid"...
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

All two of them.

Very true words! Note the irony....

How few can abide by their own council, even when they are right.....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

All two of them.

Or have a sense of humour about events over which they exactly zero influence :wink:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

All two of them.

Or have a sense of humour about events over which they exactly zero influence :wink:
"Everybody" hates a "hater." ;) At least "we" have that in common. :)

Fortunately, the author while noting that "hate" (no doubt, only the "hate" that "we" define) makes the hater blind, deaf, and incredibly stupid, he/she was smart enough to not state that hate makes the hater necessarily "wrong."

I gotta hand that one to him/her. ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Russian holidays | Banned from foreign beaches
As in Soviet days, the state is making it harder for many to holiday abroad
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Russian holidays |
Banned from foreign beaches

As in Soviet days, the state is making it harder for many to holiday abroad
Our shogun must have loved living in the 50's... :D