Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Russian holidays |
Banned from foreign beaches

As in Soviet days, the state is making it harder for many to holiday abroad
Our shogun must have loved living in the 50's... :D
Makes perfect sense, just like . . .

. . . given that I was not born then.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Russia

Post by Typhoon »

Bloom View | Putin's Food Fight
Russian President Vladimir Putin has mounted a new campaign in his propaganda war with the West: The highly publicized destruction of imported food, which the government banned last year in retaliation for Western economic sanctions. This time around, though, his constituents aren't quite with him.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Bloom View | Putin's Food Fight
Russian President Vladimir Putin has mounted a new campaign in his propaganda war with the West: The highly publicized destruction of imported food, which the government banned last year in retaliation for Western economic sanctions. This time around, though, his constituents aren't quite with him.
Anti-Russian Sanctions May Revive Food Super-Power on Global Market
20:55 07.08.2015
http://sputniknews.com/business/2015080 ... 12579.html

Western sanctions have failed, while the state’s “Buy Russian” mechanism is working, said Gillbert Doctorow in an interview with Sputnik radio.

Having reviewed a number of supermarkets in the Russian city of Saint Petersburg, American businessman and political scientist Gillbert Doctorow claimed that Russian production will soon compete with the EU’s goods in global export markets.

In his report for Russia Insider, Gillbert Doctorow noted that there is plenty of high-quality fish, cheese, fruit and vegetables in Russian supermarkets. The majority of food products are produced in Russia and delivered by Russia’s new suppliers, while some of the prices for Russian goods are at least 40% lower than those for goods from Western Europe.

“The biggest catalyst to bring about such positive change for the Russian market is the people themselves. Their pride and enthusiasm to buy their own Russian produce is a green light for the Russian producers who otherwise were sidelined in the not so distant past, where preference and prestige was assigned falsely to foreign products due to misconceptions,” Doctorow told Sputnik in an interview.

“When I say change is coming, I don’t mean that now people buy Russian mozzarella instead of Italian mozzarella, the question is, are they buying mozzarella at all or are they finding their own products perhaps in their own past culinary traditions, which satisfy them even more.”

Gillbert Doctorow goes on to explain that Russian producers had a hard time with import substitution because people did not understand that home produce, domestic fish for example, is much better than the imported varieties, as the whole concept of gourmet food reflects that food is of a particular season and locality.

“Now the Russian producers who are highly capable have got their chance.”

He also said that it requires time and effort to build up a selective niche and there are obstacles which need to be overcome but the indications show that Russia will fill in these gaps.

Western actions towards Russia over Ukraine and Crimea have sparked national pride in Russians. There is a change in Russian mentality from “things made in Russia are second class to feeling pride in what they can do. That will change the national economy because when there will be domestic demand, there will be a domestic manufacturer to fill in that demand,” noted Doctorow.
When rulers are stupid their policies backfire... Now Russia is increasingly independent from imports and soon their products will be available on world markets, making life increasingly harder for those countries which have imposed sanctions on Russia... :D
HAL 10000

Putin issues ultimatum to Turkey for support of ISIS

Post by HAL 10000 »

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/08/04 ... t-of-isis/

EXCERPT:
:Russian President Vladimir Putin in a meeting with the Turkish Ambassador issued a verbal ultimatum calling for an immediate end to Turkey’s support for ISIS and violations of Syria’s sovereignty. In doing to, Putin has drawn a red line over Syria, after weeks of escalating NATO moves against that beleaguered nation.

In a startling move, Russian President Vladimir Putin castigated Turkish President Recep Erdogan, calling him a “dictator” and threatening to sever diplomatic ties with Turkey over what Putin claims is Erdogan’s continued support of the ISIS terror organization.

It is believed that this is in response to Erdogan’s claim, pasted across the western press yesterday, that Putin had told him Russia was no longer going to support Syria in their war against al Qaeda, ISIS and their western backed sister organizations.

Putin summoned Turkish Ambassador to Moscow, Umit Yardim to the Kremlin for what turned out to be a two hour diatribe by Putin with fiery accusations returned by the Turkish Ambassador. This is the best translation of key statements made by Putin:

“Tell your dictator Erdogan to go to hell and that unless he stops well established and easily proven support for ISIS, Russia will sever diplomatic relations. We are prepared to turn Syria into a big Stalingrad for Turkey and her Saudi allies and their vicious little gang of Hitlers.
Your little dictator is a hypocrite, attacking the military coup in Egypt while, at the same time, he is trying to overthrow the elected government of Syria. As it stands, China, Iran and Russia will guarantee the survival of Syria.”
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Endovelico

Re: Putin issues ultimatum to Turkey for support of ISIS

Post by Endovelico »

HAL 10000 wrote:http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/08/04 ... t-of-isis/

EXCERPT:
:Russian President Vladimir Putin in a meeting with the Turkish Ambassador issued a verbal ultimatum calling for an immediate end to Turkey’s support for ISIS and violations of Syria’s sovereignty. In doing to, Putin has drawn a red line over Syria, after weeks of escalating NATO moves against that beleaguered nation.

In a startling move, Russian President Vladimir Putin castigated Turkish President Recep Erdogan, calling him a “dictator” and threatening to sever diplomatic ties with Turkey over what Putin claims is Erdogan’s continued support of the ISIS terror organization.

It is believed that this is in response to Erdogan’s claim, pasted across the western press yesterday, that Putin had told him Russia was no longer going to support Syria in their war against al Qaeda, ISIS and their western backed sister organizations.

Putin summoned Turkish Ambassador to Moscow, Umit Yardim to the Kremlin for what turned out to be a two hour diatribe by Putin with fiery accusations returned by the Turkish Ambassador. This is the best translation of key statements made by Putin:

“Tell your dictator Erdogan to go to hell and that unless he stops well established and easily proven support for ISIS, Russia will sever diplomatic relations. We are prepared to turn Syria into a big Stalingrad for Turkey and her Saudi allies and their vicious little gang of Hitlers.
Your little dictator is a hypocrite, attacking the military coup in Egypt while, at the same time, he is trying to overthrow the elected government of Syria. As it stands, China, Iran and Russia will guarantee the survival of Syria.”
Hard to believe... Which doesn't mean Russia will not step up its help to Syria... It sounds more like the Western intelligence services trying to make the Turkey stream harder to achieve...
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

74uFvyHh3HM
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Interesting how Putin can talk reasonable yet behaves like a criminal.

My son was in Russia once in a students exchange program living with a Russian family. He found the Russians in general very amicable people, but that they all had two faces and opposite behaviors: a public correct one out in the open... but a totally different one in private. Like talking about alcohol abuse and how bad it is for the country... and then getting all pissed at home to forget their misery.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

A two-faced US politician would be an improvement. Ours seem to have multiple assholes instead.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:A two-faced US politician would be an improvement. Ours seem to have multiple assholes instead.
We need a one face one ass democracy... desperately!
Heracleum Persicum

China approves usage of Ruble instead of US dollar

China's central bank has put the Russian ruble into circulation in Suifenhe City, Heilongjiang Province, launching a pilot two-currency (ruble and yuan) program. The ruble is being introduced in the place of US dollar.

“Next, we will carry out dual currency settlement in shopping malls, hotels and restaurants in Suifenhe. All the banks will provide services accomplishing the storage and exchange of rubles,” she said, as cited by the CRI English news website.

A staff member at the local Qingyun Market shared his impressions about the move: “On our price tag, there are two currencies: one is renminbi [China’s domestic currency], and the other, the ruble. This has greatly simplified our trades. The Russian merchants this is convenient, and so do we.”

:lol:

Dollar on the way out

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

China's central bank has put the Russian ruble into circulation in Suifenhe City, Heilongjiang Province, launching a pilot two-currency (ruble and yuan) program. The ruble is being introduced in the place of US dollar.

“Next, we will carry out dual currency settlement in shopping malls, hotels and restaurants in Suifenhe. All the banks will provide services accomplishing the storage and exchange of rubles,” she said, as cited by the CRI English news website.

A staff member at the local Qingyun Market shared his impressions about the move: “On our price tag, there are two currencies: one is renminbi [China’s domestic currency], and the other, the ruble. This has greatly simplified our trades. The Russian merchants this is convenient, and so do we.”

Dollar on the way out

Eventually one day, in the meantime, I've been hearing this same refrain since the 1970's.

When it happens it won't be because of a pissant little economy like Russia.

Or some backwater such as Suifenhe City, Heilongjiang Province with a population of 100,000.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Bloomers | Russian GDP Plunges 4.6%
Russia’s economy shrank the most since 2009 after a currency crisis jolted consumer demand, while a selloff in oil threatens to drag the country into a deeper recession.
Gross domestic product contracted 4.6 percent in the second quarter from a year earlier after a 2.2 percent decline in the previous three months, the Federal Statistics Service in Moscow said on Monday, citing preliminary data. That was worse than the median forecast for a 4.5 percent slump in a Bloomberg survey of 18 analysts. The Economy Ministry had projected that output shrank 4.4 percent in the period, calling it “the lowest point” for Russia.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Dollar on the way out

Eventually one day, in the meantime, I've been hearing this same refrain since the 1970's.

When it happens it won't be because of a pissant little economy like Russia.

China, Russia, South America, India, even Europe are turning away from U$-Dollar

America misused it's position in global finance .. French Bank BNP had to pay Billions fines only because US was in stronger position to force American laws on Europe .. same with India .. same with China .. same with Russia

Now, new "Bank Money Transfer" (SWIFT) is being introduced not controlled by US, same with credit cards, same with World Bank and and .. and .. Oil & Gas business changing to GOLD platform or local currency

This nothing to do with Russia, but China preparing for that day that US would try to bully China, they preparing for that day.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Any day now . . .

. . . yawn.
Alexis

All Paleface, not only Russians

Post by Alexis »

Parodite wrote:My son was in Russia once in a students exchange program living with a Russian family. He found the Russians in general very amicable people, but that they all had two faces and opposite behaviors: a public correct one out in the open... but a totally different one in private. Like talking about alcohol abuse and how bad it is for the country... and then getting all pissed at home to forget their misery.
In general, Paleface are two-faced and speak with forked tongue. That's not limited to Russians.

Are you by any chance a Paleface, Parodite? :mrgreen:
Parodite

Re: All Paleface, not only Russians

Post by Parodite »

Alexis wrote:
Parodite wrote:My son was in Russia once in a students exchange program living with a Russian family. He found the Russians in general very amicable people, but that they all had two faces and opposite behaviors: a public correct one out in the open... but a totally different one in private. Like talking about alcohol abuse and how bad it is for the country... and then getting all pissed at home to forget their misery.
In general, Paleface are two-faced and speak with forked tongue. That's not limited to Russians.

Are you by any chance a Paleface, Parodite? :mrgreen:
Now you make me see little green men everywhere :P

Merde zut alors! Ah bien mais.. Mais non! Eh quoi, toi?

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

The day the Kursk sank

According to the generally accepted theory, a hydrogen peroxide leak in the forward torpedo room led to the detonation of a torpedo warhead, triggering the explosion of more warheads about two minutes later. The second explosion was equivalent to around six tons of TNT and was large enough to register on seismographs across Northern Europe.

Brave men

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Bloomers | Russian GDP Plunges 4.6%
Russia’s economy shrank the most since 2009 after a currency crisis jolted consumer demand, while a selloff in oil threatens to drag the country into a deeper recession.
Gross domestic product contracted 4.6 percent in the second quarter from a year earlier after a 2.2 percent decline in the previous three months, the Federal Statistics Service in Moscow said on Monday, citing preliminary data. That was worse than the median forecast for a 4.5 percent slump in a Bloomberg survey of 18 analysts. The Economy Ministry had projected that output shrank 4.4 percent in the period, calling it “the lowest point” for Russia.
"Shrinking" through currency devaluation is hardly shrinking... The same goods and services will have a lower dollar value but that doesn't necessarily mean fewer goods and services have been produced...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Bloomers | Russian GDP Plunges 4.6%
"Shrinking" through currency devaluation is hardly shrinking... The same goods and services will have a lower dollar value but that doesn't necessarily mean fewer goods and services have been produced...
Given that Russia imports just about everything besides oil, food stuffs and any value added manufactured goods, currency devaluation will have a negative impact on the economy.

Combine that with the drop in the price of oil, the major export, and it is a swift to both cojones.

On the other hand, some nations only seem to be happy when they are suffering . . .
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Given that Russia imports just about everything besides oil, food stuffs and any value added manufactured goods, currency devaluation will have a negative impact on the economy.
If you were an economist you might understand that more expensive imports tend to boost domestic production, to replace some of those expensive imports... But I suppose that economics may seem complicated to a physicist...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Given that Russia imports just about everything besides oil, food stuffs and any value added manufactured goods, currency devaluation will have a negative impact on the economy.
If you were an economist you might understand that more expensive imports tend to boost domestic production, to replace some of those expensive imports... But I suppose that economics may seem complicated to a physicist...
Economic theory is mostly non-predictive non-testable bunk.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Endovelico wrote:If you were an economist you might understand that more expensive imports tend to boost domestic production, to replace some of those expensive imports... But I suppose that economics may seem complicated to a physicist...
Assuming you can produce the same good at the same quality level and in the same price range. Somehow I don't see Russian peasants churning out significant quantities of French cheese anytime soon.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.